Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Tank Question.

So what are some of the other Prot Paladins in full or near full ToC gear (iLevel 245) enchanting their chests with?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Evereghalo

I am at 551 Def, and my last def enchant left is 22def to chest.

What are some of yall's thoughts on 275 health, or 10 stats?

I know Numbers wise the are marginal, but with so much defense being on gear I am seriously considering switching to like 275 health, just because I am very close to 41k Unbuffed, and wanna hit it, lol.

Yes, I know EJ, and Tankspot exist, but I prefer to hear from what other prot paladins, IN SIMILAR GEAR LEVELS, are doing and thinking.

Re: Tank Question.

Granted I'm certainly not in that gear range, but I assume +10stats was more beneficial because you get str and sta.. Take that for what you will :P I realize you were asking for people that are ub3r but, thought I'd throw ya some food for thought ^^

Depends on how you answer those questions:
    Do you occasionally die from stuns / impales / other damage spikes? -> go for Health (highest + EH)
    Do you feel comfortable with your health but get pwned by fast hitters? -> go for Def (highest + Avoidance)
    Is neither of them a big problem and do you want more threat? -> go for 10 stats. (low + EH, low + Avoidance, high + Threat)

PS.: I think you need Vindication and Judgement of the Just, stop being a baddie with +7% crit and don't tell me someone else is doing that for you because that can't be true for all of TotGC.

IF you are def capped, slap + 10 stats.

i'd go for 275hp personally if you're already at 551def. 10stats will give you 130ish hp and 10str and 10 agi which gives you a little bit avoidance but if you're already in 245 gear then that little mitigation means nothing and increasing your health pool is more important. so I say 275hp.

you may want to look into using the defense to chest still, i recall reading somewhere that after 40k unbuffed hp to start to drop block and stack avoidance and defense was a good choice as far as avoidance goes even after being capped. im not to this point on my off spec, lol so havnt taken the time to investigate this further.

GL

Health if you feel you're cutting into DR for avoidance too much.

Def if otherwise.

There's zero reason to use the +10 stats enchant.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm mainly toc geared. i use +275 hp. defense would be my other choice if i felt like changing for some reason. never +stats though.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

275 health without a doubt. If you think 10 agility and 10str is any form of noticeable mitigation you're wrong.

And if you're doing it for threat purposes you're really doing i wrong. No tank should be having threat issues, and certainly not paladins.

10+ Year Old Account

Another coin in the pot for health
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Depends on how you answer those questions:
    Do you occasionally die from stuns / impales / other damage spikes? -> go for Health (highest + EH)
    Do you feel comfortable with your health but get pwned by fast hitters? -> go for Def (highest + Avoidance)
    Is neither of them a big problem and do you want more threat? -> go for 10 stats. (low + EH, low + Avoidance, high + Threat)

PS.: I think you need Vindication and Judgement of the Just, stop being a baddie with +7% crit and don't tell me someone else is doing that for you because that can't be true for all of TotGC.

Oh yea, because I just so need talents that are brought by both of our ret paladins in the guild, our Blood DK, our feral druid, and the Enhance shaman in our guild.

Shut the fuck up, and join a real raiding guild where people are reliable enough to show up.

Or why dont you get some dps that can easily pull 8k fully raid buffed on fights that dont require them to move.

You lost all credability, learn to not judge people before you even know shit about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Oh yea, because I just so need talents that are brought by both of our ret paladins in the guild, our Blood DK, our feral druid, and the Enhance shaman in our guild.

Shut the fuck up, and join a real raiding guild where people are reliable enough to show up.

Or why dont you get some dps that can easily pull 8k fully raid buffed on fights that dont require them to move.

You lost all credability, learn to not judge people before you even know shit about them.
    ROFL

Fuckin' neeeeeeeeeeerd raaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

Deleted

Healthest of healths!

nree why did i log out in retri spec/prot gear:<

1) your Ret Pallys always attack your target hmm can't believe that, Your blood DK has -20% attackspeed gg he sux, your enhancer has -20% attackspeed good for you.

2) It's not about that

3) I did Northrend beasts heroic you did not, so I guess you still wipe because you take 40% more damage than you should.

4) Where did I loose credibility? all you gained for skipping MANDATORY debuffs on the mob that can be put up by a prot Paladin with almost 0 effort (compared to other classes) was 6% more crit. And all you gained for skipping a stronger sacred shield and an awesome raid dmg reducer is 3% more overhealing taken. Seriously your post has proven that you are really a baddie .

15+ Year Old Account

To answer the OP:

- shortest answer: keep the Defense enchant
    - short answer: it's the best enchant in terms of budgeting item points
    - real answer: check out your avoidance value after DRs with the 3.2 values, and you'll probably find you'll need 1-2% more to reach 102.4 (happens to a lot of people that drop Block Value, me included). Defense is the best way to cover it
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

use 275 health! i have it and i love it alot!

gogo 275 health

10+ Year Old Account

I actually agree that you should have it. You as a tank are responsible for your own survival. The other tanks/specs bring it and use it to improve their game. Why should you be any different. Just my two cents though.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Parium
    I actually agree that you should have it. You as a tank are responsible for your own survival. The other tanks/specs bring it and use it to improve their game. Why should you be any different. Just my two cents though.
    it really depends on the guild how you set things up. you could have a feral with infected wounds and a fury warrior set up to demo shout, leaving him (presumably MTing) with as much threat as possible so the other dps can all wtfpwn hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry
    it really depends on the guild how you set things up. you could have a feral with infected wounds and a fury warrior set up to demo shout, leaving him (presumably MTing) with as much threat as possible so the other dps can all wtfpwn hard modes.
    Some things to add:
    Threat is not an issue: and the 6% crit is neither good as it affects only a small part of our dmg done nor a reliable source of threat for a prot paladin because it only adds to the RNG.
    A fury warrior is basically wasting 5 points into demo shout that are better spent somewhere else.
    There are encounters where you have to tank something without the help of others (moving worm @ northrend beasts, Jaraxxus adds, Anub adds), and you will get raped if you can't place debuffs on the mobs. (but hey at least the 4% more crit you have is enough to have a dedicated debuffer on your mobs)