Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    lol whut? look around Swampy and Prentice still use it.. i consider them High end
    stop lying you havent checked
    I do use the sac build but trajer in premo is using the Aura Mastery build. Certainly has me thinking.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    To be frank im suprised you are having to blow cd's on the shields in 10m heroic. We dont specifically save anything for them and almost always have them down less than half way through the cast, and for the record my best parse on the twins is from a 10m did 12.5k. Again its all about luck of the draw getting good orbs in timing with cd's and minimizing movement.
    Sorry, but that's not what I was trying to say. We save CDs/Trinkets for 25man Heroic. Destroying the shields in 10man or 10man Heroic is too easy to need to do that.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I wrote you a private message with the logs of our Twins HC kills. Note those are kills, so no short zerg & wipe dps.
    Also I'm not the retribution paladin.

We just started Twins progression on heroic 25 this week and I had to tank so I didnt really get much of a feel for it, but on normal 25 we dont save any cds for them either. I would imagine its a necessity on h25m as it seemed when we did get it down it was JUST in the nick of time.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

There is:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....27903977&sid=1

along with countless others, and a blue post lost somewhere :/ Also when the PTR was up for 3.2 a GM confirmed it as well.

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Garrosh
    There is:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....27903977&sid=1

along with countless others, and a blue post lost somewhere :/ Also when the PTR was up for 3.2 a GM confirmed it as well.
    I looked at the thread you posted plus 20 more pages of results from a "Divine Sacrifice" search on the WoW forums. While some of them claim the absorption is capped, there are plenty of others stating that it still absorbs limitless damage during its duration.

While you'd like to believe GM posts because they are pretty and blue, I have even seen GC make claims about the way things "should" be working when, in fact, the opposite was the reality.

I'll see what I can do about the combat log parsing tonight. Mayhaps posting it on WoL and WWS might yield something more than WMO.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I looked at the thread you posted plus 20 more pages of results from a "Divine Sacrifice" search on the WoW forums. While some of them claim the absorption is capped, there are plenty of others stating that it still absorbs limitless damage during its duration.

While you'd like to believe GM posts because they are pretty and blue, I have even seen GC make claims about the way things "should" be working when, in fact, the opposite was the reality.

I'll see what I can do about the combat log parsing tonight. Mayhaps posting it on WoL and WWS might yield something more than WMO.
    like the aura that persist through death being fixed since the beta.. oh yeah.. massive fail lol
    dont believe everything people says, test it yourself!

P.s. a parse who show absorbed damage help in this case

15+ Year Old Account

Lets assume for a second that DSac has the 150% cap, and I try out this AM spec, what else am I giving up to get 6 pts? DG and DS is only 3 total points, I need 3 more to reach AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Lets assume for a second that DSac has the 150% cap, and I try out this AM spec, what else am I giving up to get 6 pts. DG and DS is only 3 total points, I need 3 more to reach AM.
    its at the exact same place in the holy tree so 11 point in
    the choice is hard in filler talents

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...K-euI11,,10505

but im pretty sure DS still absorb more than 150% of your health it still show damage getting sent to you until the end of the duration
    (tested on Koralon 25 pug) but i could be wrong

15+ Year Old Account

its at the exact same place in the holy tree so 11 point in
    the choice is hard in filler talents

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...K-euI11,,10505
    DOH! I was thinking that I had the full DSac in my ret spec. Brain fart FTL.

Next question is, What aura are you using and, therefore, increasing its effect 100% with AM? Fire or Shadow, I assume.

It appears that the 150% cap is real. I did further searching beyond the WoW forums and found this.

I will still try to test this out tonight and upload the combatlog parse to the 3 different online meters, but if the tests are inconclusive or do show the 150% cap, I too will be changing my spec to that of Aura Mastery.

15+ Year Old Account

but if the tests are inconclusive or do show the 150% cap, I too will be changing my spec to that of Aura Mastery.
    same for me,
    but its kinda weird that the buff dont drop once you capped the damage done..

same for me,
    but its kinda weird that the buff dont drop once you capped the damage done..
    Which is the reason I would have believed it to still be absorbing damage. Every time I pop DS/DSac, I watch both of the buffs fade at the same time. I know that in the past if I was getting any lag, My DSac wouldn't go off early enough and the damage taken would kill me in the 1-2 second overlap of DS and DSac.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm thinking something like this. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVcdMZVZVf0tbIuhdIfsu

We have Vindication covered by pally tank and Imp Might covered with a warrior. Otherwise, I'd probably get one of those over Imp LoH. The Imp LoH could provide useful for throwing on the tank on heavy hitting bosses. Not to mention another 4min off the CD for those good ol' world pvp situations and BGs. 16min LoH FTW.

Which is the reason I would have believed it to still be absorbing damage. Every time I pop DS/DSac, I watch both of the buffs fade at the same time. I know that in the past if I was getting any lag, My DSac wouldn't go off early enough and the damage taken would kill me in the 1-2 second overlap of DS and DSac.
    Same here, which begs the question, of whether or not the supposed total absorbtion is even being fully utilized. That said im not sold that DSac is working the way devs intended which was to have it cap'd on damage. Ill have to stop being lazy and WoL it and see what I come up with.

Ha yeah I'm not fail. I know what I'm talking about.

But a good spec would be the one I'm using, it's the general Cookie-Cutter ret spec (+SoC for Anub otherwise I'd have 1/2 Imp LoH), unless you want to drop 2/2 Imp Might for 2/2 Imp LoH for your tank on hard hitting fights like Anub. Otherwise let your healadins do that and grab Imp Might.

SoCom Spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVVzZVZVfbtbIuhdIfsu

PvE DPS Minus SoCom:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVVzzZVZVfbxbIuhdIfsu

Aura Swap between Frost + AM and Ret + AM for Add tanks/Penetrating Cold on Anub, Aura Swap between Ret to Conc + AM for Yogg 0/1 Silence interupt immunity, FrR + Am for Algalon, Etc. It's awesome

Also AM + Devo

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    I'm thinking something like this. http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVcdMZVZVf0tbIuhdIfsu

We have Vindication covered by pally tank and Imp Might covered with a warrior. Otherwise, I'd probably get one of those over Imp LoH. The Imp LoH could provide useful for throwing on the tank on heavy hitting bosses. Not to mention another 4min off the CD for those good ol' world pvp situations and BGs. 16min LoH FTW.
    Newb get the minor glyph for LoH. What else would you even use?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    Newb get the minor glyph for LoH. What else would you even use?
    its true, but you could have said it politely..

Beasts 25 - 5995
    Jaraxxus 25 - 7,967
    FC 25 - 4,061
    Twins 25 - 10,653 (testing a new strat)
    Anub 25 - 6,468

Improvements over the previous week with the exception of twins (which im not concerned with)

average jarraxxus kills i do about 9k with good rng.
    Tonight on twins we had 5 people above 10 and 3 above 11k,
    1.rogue 12k
    2.me with 11.8k
    3.our 2nd ret with 11.3k
    4. enhance 10.4
    5. rogue 10.4