Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Righteous Fury +Pve Healing...

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    i find that less damage is less damage, so run it. saving a clothie healer, even better. Only time i drop it is in 10 man heroic toc on anub. in phase 3 with 2 healers i get up to like 10k hps and i actually start pulling adds off the add tank.
    Cool story. By the way 10k HPS is around 1500 TPS in the situation you're describing. Tell the add tank to actually do more than auto-attack.

try again, he's top 5 gear rated player on our server, and we were first to down 10 heroic, first to down 10heric with 45 attempts, and first to down 10 heroic with 50 attempts left on our server.

but with multiple adds, the new ones would get in his concecrate, then run to me, then go back. might not have been the one he's focusing on, it was keeping the new ones that popped up.

They pop up, run into his consecration between ticks, you heal, they turn to you, consecrate ticks, they go back to him. It happens all the time. It's the exact reason things like Paladin luring for Tidewalker adds. It's not that RF healing is a ton of threat, it's that you could quickly become the first person on the list to produce threat on the list, so they like you.

What you described sounds exactly like that. If you didn't have RF up they'd be switching to the next healer in line because healers would be the only people 'tapping' them on the pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    5% less threat per point healed.
    That's just like saying from 5% damage taken to 0% damage taken is a 5% decrease i t i s c o m p l e t e l y w r o n g. You can't do maths like this as they don't show the actual difference.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    You also need to consider how healing threat is tabulated, since it's actually only 45% threat against single mobs.
    It'S 45%/70% ~ 64% of healing done.