Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I was under the impression that if you have to gem/sacrifice too much mastery to reach a haste breakpoint, it usually isn't worth it. Could use a second opinion on that thought.

You might want to consider dropping back down to 4717 haste and stacking mastery a bit higher until you can hit 6637 comfortably.

Edit: Are you trying to manually calculate your reforges? I personally find reforgelite makes things a breeze - set it to whatever hit/haste numbers you want, and let the addon do the math for you. It will also actually complete the reforges for you, bonus lazy points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    This is currently debated. Although we agree that sacrificing (not sure this word trully exist) too much mastery in order to reach a breakpoint is BAD, as long as you don't drop below 5k5 mastery it is worth it.

Also if you can't reach that breakpoint even with a proper gemming, you should do the following :

- Reforge so you will have mastery = haste then launch SimulationCraft, import you character then in the option pannel, go to "Reforge plot", check haste and mastery then set "Reforge amount" to 1000 and Step amount to 100 (or 50 if you have time on your hands).

When your character will be simmed, you will have the best haste/mastery you could achieve
    All of my reforges are 100% simcraft guided. My stats values, my reforges, everything. I did not "just go" for the haste breakpoint, it simmed to be quite better than alternatives

www.filedropper.com/results
    We dream, we dream.

hey guys im just curious on what other locks are running atm im currently at a 490 ivl still not letting me type out armory but my toon is dinpindots area-52

im currently running 4229 haste because im a goblin and then putting the rest into mastery 62% and im hit capped and simming at 97k on a light movement fight however im currently only doing 78-85k dps depending on the fight with the exception of buffed fights like elegon/elite protectors/heroic stongaurd where i get usually 100k+ 150k on elegon i mean idk what im doing wrong that other warlocks are doing but im not helping progression and i need to improve.

wont let me post logs im even typing it out and its giving me an error

current rotation i ususally start out with using my macro for DS+eng tinker curse of elements>haunt>SB>SS> malefic grasp spam i mean its a pretty simple rotation and i usually save doomgaurd for 20%. i have all my spells keybind to my mouse. but im just curious is to how i can up my dps any imput would be great.

i heard that for affliction going under hit for more haste would be more benficial but i simmed lower doing that so im not sure what i can do to improve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJusticar View Post
    hey guys im just curious on what other locks are running atm im currently at a 490 ivl still not letting me type out armory but my toon is dinpindots area-52

im currently running 4229 haste because im a goblin and then putting the rest into mastery 62% and im hit capped and simming at 97k on a light movement fight however im currently only doing 78-85k dps depending on the fight with the exception of buffed fights like elegon/elite protectors/heroic stongaurd where i get usually 100k+ 150k on elegon i mean idk what im doing wrong that other warlocks are doing but im not helping progression and i need to improve.

wont let me post logs im even typing it out and its giving me an error

current rotation i ususally start out with using my macro for DS+eng tinker curse of elements>haunt>SB>SS> malefic grasp spam i mean its a pretty simple rotation and i usually save doomgaurd for 20%. i have all my spells keybind to my mouse. but im just curious is to how i can up my dps any imput would be great.

i heard that for affliction going under hit for more haste would be more benficial but i simmed lower doing that so im not sure what i can do to improve.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndots/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/243659/

Prepot -> haunt -> DS+gloves -> SB:SS -> MG, not sure why you would have a macro with several spells on GCD.

You need to post logs, it works perfectly fine to post logs if you post the text version and not the URL.

And on Elegon you should be doing 180-220k dps, I hope you're not single targetting but doing MF AoE on the Energy Charges.

I'd go for 6151 haste to level your stats out, having that low haste with such huge mastery is inefficient. Btw, the plateau is 4249[1], not 4229.

Remember that DG doesn't work on Elegon so no reason to save it for the last phase, such a fail they haven't fixed that yet.

[1] - http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44
    Last edited by mmoc12f026c685; 2013-02-20 at 03:27 PM.

Was reading this thread and now I'm confused. Does Doomguard still benefit from Bloodlust or not? I was under the impression that if you popped it before a lust it would benefit from it when it comes up, but a page ago a moderator said it doesn't and then another guy implied that it does (by saying to pop DG in execute if lusting then). Anyways would be appreciated if someone knew the answer for this for sure.

It's tricky. Strictly speaking the doomguard BENEFITS from heroism, he cast his bolts must faster.

But there's the fail : he cast a STRICT NUMBER OF BOLT equals to the numbers of bolt he would have cast without bloodlust. No more, No Less.

If he should have cast 30 shadow bolt during the full minute of his initial duration (number invented), then under bloodlust he would cast 30 shadow bol veryveryveryvery fast and then stop and do nothing besides looking at the boss.

This problem has been shown to the developpers long time ago, but I'm not sure something has been done since then...

Why does my Sim keep on telling me that haste is my strongest stat as affliction? I'm at the point where I have over 7k haste and 7k mastery and I don't feel like it's performing as good as say... 5k haste and 9k mastery.

What do the top aff locks do? All out mastery or do they balance haste and mastery?

my armory for reference
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Darketh/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Why does my Sim keep on telling me that haste is my strongest stat as affliction? I'm at the point where I have over 7k haste and 7k mastery and I don't feel like it's performing as good as say... 5k haste and 9k mastery.

What do the top aff locks do? All out mastery or do they balance haste and mastery?
    I am not entirely sure but I think it has something to do with how simcraft values haste plateaus as you will hit minor ones as you increase your haste rating.
    With the gear you have, you should try to balance out haste and mastery somewhat, so in your case that'd be 6637 haste for the extra tick and rest in mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    It's tricky. Strictly speaking the doomguard BENEFITS from heroism, he cast his bolts must faster.

But there's the fail : he cast a STRICT NUMBER OF BOLT equals to the numbers of bolt he would have cast without bloodlust. No more, No Less.

If he should have cast 30 shadow bolt during the full minute of his initial duration (number invented), then under bloodlust he would cast 30 shadow bol veryveryveryvery fast and then stop and do nothing besides looking at the boss.

This problem has been shown to the developpers long time ago, but I'm not sure something has been done since then...
    So in that case its a dps loss to cast it at the start since theres a 20% buff to casting it 1 minute before the fight ends. So long as you can adequately time it to get the full duration?

Well thats good to know. :P

Deleted
    Can anybody take a look at this log from a target dummy? Simcraft has me at 57k DPS on a Raid Dummy but I'm struggling to even do 45k sustained. This is of course without any buffs or debuffs except GoSac.

www . worldoflogs . com /reports/qq5hacha1n2ixptl/
    eu . battle . net /wow/en/character/eredar/grimsnak/advanced

Sorry, can't post links.
    I know that I forgot to use my Jade Magistrate Figurine one time but other than that I can't find any obvious mistakes.
    Last edited by mmoc4056a62acd; 2013-02-23 at 09:35 AM.

Kudos for the mods and web masters for having a 5 year old sticky which is about 90% useless and waste of time. Laziness at its finest or there is an actual demand of people actually looking to fix there dps for 2 expansions ago. Anywho, seeing as how you cannot post anything about dps without forum moderator wanna be asshats completely derailing ur thread, here I am.
    I have my simucraft set up for medium skill and I have a 102k dps maximum potential but often finding myself at 92-96k. Before I got some upgrades my dps was at 82k but was performing 76-80k. Given that some fights are just crappy like bladelord looking for suggestions on how to improve my top end and maximum damage done. Looking for suggestions to close the gap
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erlogan/simple

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z4xaezdlwl4v9itk/

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zuu9zfi8k6ip7d3g/

Any advice, opinions, critques are greatly welcome as I have noone in guild to really talk lock about. Thanks for ur time

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, since this thread was started long ago and has grown a bit large and is not quite up to date anymore in the OP we've decided to make a new sticky thread for all your DPS woes. This old thread will be closed so if you have any unanswered questions posted in this thread I suggest you copy and paste the relevant parts and post again in the new thread.

The NEW Fix My DPS Thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post20323708