Hi, I have been struggling to figure out why my DPS has been lacking.

When people ask, "Why is your DPS so low?" or "How can you improve your DPS?" my only response is "I don't know, I am doing everything I know."

That being said I will leave a WoL link and an Armory link.

Additional items that I have are: Heroic Necromantic Focus and Heroic Leggings of Billowing Fire. I also have MWC and Heroic Mantle of Closed Doors for Demonology.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out.

Deleted
    do you play the afflic specc with your equip reforged to mastery? right now it looks like it

Sigh, I had reforged to demo for h rag and forgot to change back, but no I reforge haste, crit, mastery for afflic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quela View Post
    Hi, I have been struggling to figure out why my DPS has been lacking.

When people ask, "Why is your DPS so low?" or "How can you improve your DPS?" my only response is "I don't know, I am doing everything I know."

That being said I will leave a WoL link and an Armory link.

Additional items that I have are: Heroic Necromantic Focus and Heroic Leggings of Billowing Fire. I also have MWC and Heroic Mantle of Closed Doors for Demonology.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out.
    Looking towards the logs of Baleroc, it's pretty safe to say you're doing everything fine (a few more haunts would've bin cool). I wonder what your use of Demon Soul or any other cooldowns is? Looks like that has to be sharpened up.

Deleted

halp

Hello again! I am asking once again for help and i hope i will get it here.
    I am providing you with logs from last night , i want to understand why i am doing so low dps comapred to the other warlock ( i know he is TIMES more geared than me but still ... )

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v7jjnbw7aqs84he6/
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x8olkvz2cvgkyr71/

Deleted

Hi!

my dps is to low, please help me to fix it!

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-glmatenndoi9k1tc/

my gear is not top notch and i know this.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Eckhart/advanced

havn't posted enough to be allowed to post links yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Erada View Post
    Hi!

my dps is to low, please help me to fix it!

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-glmatenndoi9k1tc/

my gear is not top notch and i know this.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Eckhart/advanced

havn't posted enough to be allowed to post links yet.

Your gearing doesn't look too terrible, Might try getting a the rune of zeth instead of the stump when you get the rep.

Also your haunt up-time is pretty low
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all,

My problem is that I am pretty geared and still can't seem to get the numbers I want. There is another lock in my group who's much less geared than me and he keeps up with me on numbers easily--meaning I'm doing something wrong. I make the best use of my Demon Soul, Rune of Zeth, and Synapse Springs as I can but it's still low. On Baleroc it's a little better, I don't go below 24k, but I've heard even that's low.

Here's WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/31ioam3jyievl33h/
    And my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ianah/advanced

I'd appreciate any help, it's really embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Ilianah View Post
    Hi all,

My problem is that I am pretty geared and still can't seem to get the numbers I want. There is another lock in my group who's much less geared than me and he keeps up with me on numbers easily--meaning I'm doing something wrong. I make the best use of my Demon Soul, Rune of Zeth, and Synapse Springs as I can but it's still low. On Baleroc it's a little better, I don't go below 24k, but I've heard even that's low.

Here's WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/31ioam3jyievl33h/
    And my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ianah/advanced

I'd appreciate any help, it's really embarrassing
    It looks like your uptimes are a little low, Rag is probably a bad example because he is untargetable some of the fight and with the add swapping.
    Unstable Affliction 24 323.3 78.7 % #
    Corruption 5 321.9 78.3 % #
    Curse of the Elements 7 315.6 76.8 % #
    Haunt 29 309.0 75.2 % #
    Bane of Doom 8 304.5 74.1 %

I went back and looked at your logs for the week, Your haunt uptime is pretty continually low.

I would also change your pant reforge from crit --> Haste to Mastery-->Haste

Also, who are you putting your DI on? It looks like the uptime on that is pretty low as well.
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    For all fights except Baleroc it's on a shadow priest. On Baleroc it's on a resto druid.

Here's a WoL to our Baleroc kill earlier in the week: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/dnck0...?s=6035&e=6246
    Are my uptimes still low on that? I do my best to try to refresh dots just as they're about to fall off with minimal clipping, but sometimes I miscalculate and let them fall off as I'm going to re-cast them. Is that wrong, should I be clipping enough that I can guarantee they'll never fall off?

Also, this might seem like kind of a silly question, but it's one I've had for a while. Haunt refreshes Corruption, so are things like Synapse Springs and Rune of Zeth automatically applied to the automatically refreshed Corruption or do we have to re-cast it ourselves in order to benefit from the buffs?

The reason I have crit reforged instead of mastery is that I was under the impression crit and mastery have the same stat weights, and reforging the crit gave me more haste, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for your reply and patience with my stupid questions Cyner, I really appreciate the help!

For all fights except Baleroc it's on a shadow priest. On Baleroc it's on a resto druid.

Here's a WoL to our Baleroc kill earlier in the week: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/dnck0...?s=6035&e=6246
    Are my uptimes still low on that? I do my best to try to refresh dots just as they're about to fall off with minimal clipping, but sometimes I miscalculate and let them fall off as I'm going to re-cast them. Is that wrong, should I be clipping enough that I can guarantee they'll never fall off?

Also, this might seem like kind of a silly question, but it's one I've had for a while. Haunt refreshes Corruption, so are things like Synapse Springs and Rune of Zeth automatically applied to the automatically refreshed Corruption or do we have to re-cast it ourselves in order to benefit from the buffs?

The reason I have crit reforged instead of mastery is that I was under the impression crit and mastery have the same stat weights, and reforging the crit gave me more haste, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for your reply and patience with my stupid questions Cyner, I really appreciate the help!
    I'm pretty sure the sp or haste are updated per tick, so there would be no point in refreshing it manually ( who knows I could be wrong though )

Your uptimes, which you can find here http://worldoflogs.com/reports/dnck0...?s=6035&e=6246 seem to be very good on Bale, I know haunt as that stupid travel time, so just make sure you are refreshing it properly so it doesn't fall off on accident.

I personally still go with Crit > Mastery, but its really a personal opinion, I'm sure someone here would argue for the other way.
    Cyner#1996

corruption updates with what ever buff you have when you cast haunt... so good to have power auras for your procs. the best thing to do prob for your situation is when you look at your logs run simcraft for your character with the same fight length and look at the spell counts... number of shadow bolts, soul drain ticks, dot ticks etc. you can also look at logs of other warlocks on the same fight etc. for ex you should be getting a lot more soul drain ticks on baleroc for that fight length... i think you should be getting like 15 and you got 4 (so that's why). also your haste is low... i would get the tier shoulders and alysrazor pants that would put your haste over 2600.
    Last edited by Subetei; 2011-10-01 at 12:00 AM.

quick 1.

recently switched to demo to provide the xtra 4% sp.

on Ragnaros, is it possible to get close enough so immo aura ticks on the boss, but to avoid getting the knockback ?

i'Ve been trying to be just behind my felguard, but i'm not sure it works.

shadowflame does reach the boss np tho.

tyvm, trying to squeeze every bit i can since its now H rag time !

I wanted to check if Im doing everything right so my question is, regarding using Meta - Demon Soul - On use trinkets, at the beginning of the fight ofc they all get used together but half way through the fight I would for example have Demon Soul ready but Meta is still on CD and my on use trinket would have 15 - 20 secs left on its CD. What Im currently doing is this:

Im using Meta on CD regardless of wither DS and Trinket is up
    Im using DS only when Meta is up
    Im using my Trinket on CD

Is this the way to go or am I better off using each Cool down as soon as its up ? I want to add that I have NF Normal in my bags and using RoZ and DMC:V atm

Here is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Akron/advanced

This is an alt btw and yes havent seen a Conq token drop since I started doing FL on him (which is 3+ months now)

Quote Originally Posted by Morggane View Post
    quick 1.

recently switched to demo to provide the xtra 4% sp.

on Ragnaros, is it possible to get close enough so immo aura ticks on the boss, but to avoid getting the knockback ?

i'Ve been trying to be just behind my felguard, but i'm not sure it works.

shadowflame does reach the boss np tho.

tyvm, trying to squeeze every bit i can since its now H rag time !

I'd be inclined to say yes I stand behind my pets and I see immolation in my WoL reports.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...e=39&target=89

More specifically here's a really short attempt where he took damage from Immolation and you can see it only lasts at the beginning of the fight so clearly it's not from any later stages.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...=12210&e=12285

(hopefully the links work anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    I'd be inclined to say yes I stand behind my pets and I see immolation in my WoL reports.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...e=39&target=89

More specifically here's a really short attempt where he took damage from Immolation and you can see it only lasts at the beginning of the fight so clearly it's not from any later stages.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...=12210&e=12285

(hopefully the links work anyways)
    thanks !

nice deeps btw ! and grats on the legendary !

NP I never actually checked myself just assumed because Shadowflame was hitting so was Immo. I guess that's a pretty safe assumption now.

Oh and TY

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/nerikins/simple

I think I could be doing much better than I am. Especially on Rags. I do ok on the other bosses, depending when I start all my proc/cds, but other times I just feel like there's something wrong.

I'm the only warlock. We run with a mage and SP. Also have 2 hunters, a rogue, feral druid and resto shaman that goes enhance sometimes.

Below is our best attempt (3% wipe) from last night - you can go through the other attempts as well (and go back as far as early raids).
    worldoflogs.com/reports/adkv3ayiop8lbhl5/sum/damageDone/?s=3468&e=4063 (overall for best rags attempt)
    worldoflogs.com/reports/adkv3ayiop8lbhl5/details/0/?s=3468&e=4063 (my stats)

Any help would be much appreciated. At the moment I have reforged to haste, because that's what EJ said to do at pre-heroic stages (Mastery is a relatively strong stat now, not as good as haste at lower gear levels (normal mode raid gear), better than haste at higher gear levels (heroic raid gear)). But I am thinking of changing to mastery instead and seeing if that will help me.

Quote Originally Posted by nerikins View Post
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/nerikins/simple

I think I could be doing much better than I am. Especially on Rags. I do ok on the other bosses, depending when I start all my proc/cds, but other times I just feel like there's something wrong.

I'm the only warlock. We run with a mage and SP. Also have 2 hunters, a rogue, feral druid and resto shaman that goes enhance sometimes.

Below is our best attempt (3% wipe) from last night - you can go through the other attempts as well (and go back as far as early raids).
    worldoflogs.com/reports/adkv3ayiop8lbhl5/sum/damageDone/?s=3468&e=4063 (overall for best rags attempt)
    worldoflogs.com/reports/adkv3ayiop8lbhl5/details/0/?s=3468&e=4063 (my stats)

Any help would be much appreciated. At the moment I have reforged to haste, because that's what EJ said to do at pre-heroic stages (Mastery is a relatively strong stat now, not as good as haste at lower gear levels (normal mode raid gear), better than haste at higher gear levels (heroic raid gear)). But I am thinking of changing to mastery instead and seeing if that will help me.
    Go mastery. Fix your gems. No clue why you have a +stam gem in your gear. Plus your uptime is pretty terrible, even for Rag. Are you using a dot timer?
    Cyner#1996