Page 82 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey, I'm having a bit of an issue working out why my DPS isn't in line with the DPS simcraft puts me at. My issue probably isn't as drastic as some others, but it's been driving me insane lately so hopefully someone can point out something I've missed.

I just ran through LFR Ultraxion twice for a base line. The first one I was using the corruption glyph instead of Meta (heroic spine), and in the second one hero wasn't used on the pull.

Sorry about the links, I don't believe I can post the full ones due to a new account.

/reports/rt-du9wtmqffzvjeza2/
    /wow/en/character/dathremar/Bartimaeus/advanced

I can see my DoT uptime may need a little work, and I've seen some people pushing 45% on Shadowflame so that's another thing I might need to push up. Hopefully someone else can see any significant mistakes I am making and help me correct them.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartimaeus View Post
    Hey, I'm having a bit of an issue working out why my DPS isn't in line with the DPS simcraft puts me at. My issue probably isn't as drastic as some others, but it's been driving me insane lately so hopefully someone can point out something I've missed.

I just ran through LFR Ultraxion twice for a base line. The first one I was using the corruption glyph instead of Meta (heroic spine), and in the second one hero wasn't used on the pull.

Sorry about the links, I don't believe I can post the full ones due to a new account.

/reports/rt-du9wtmqffzvjeza2/
    /wow/en/character/dathremar/Bartimaeus/advanced

I can see my DoT uptime may need a little work, and I've seen some people pushing 45% on Shadowflame so that's another thing I might need to push up. Hopefully someone else can see any significant mistakes I am making and help me correct them.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
    I didn't look far into the first log, since you did have a wrong glyph. But dot times were great and stuff. I just figured I'd dive into the one with the correct setup, regardless of the lust.*

First thing I just want to comment on, since I do whenever I see someone with the incinerate spec, hopefully you're using it and knowing when to use it, and not using it as you're demo spec on a fight that...it shouldn't really be used for. I'll work under the assumption you do, but if you have any questions, I do have a mini-rant about it saved in a text editor

If you're purely demo, or it's cheap/guild paid to replace gems along with spec, the int/mastery ones are technically better. But seeing how you have an afflic spec, if you're afflic for many fights, it's much easier to stick with your int/haste ones. Mostly mentioning it because it's technically what you want for demo only. Everything else on your armory looks fine, I see you got the stage 3 staff, so hopefully the legendary in the next few months!*

As for logs, you are opening wrong. You pop before dot, meaning you pop CDs and meta before dotting, makings your dots super awesome (in particular, that BoD..).*The general opener for demo is pre-pot> pre-cast Shadow Bolt or Incinerate (based on demo spec) > combat > CoE (if needed) > Meta/DS:Felguard + Felstorm when pet in range > Activate Soulburn > Immolate > BoD > Corruption > HoG > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Filler (shadow bolt or Incinerate based on spec). And the moment feltsorm ends (38s left on the CD, or when he stops spinning), use the activated soulburn to summon the felhunter.

That's my copy/paste of the opener, basically you're just dotting before popping buff CDs. Everything else you're doing for the opener is right. Looks like you did a superb job on popping doomguard at the optimal time, and you popped immo aura at this time too instead of off the bat, which is great.*

Dot uptimes are good. Corruption needs a TINY bit of work, fell of for like a second two or three times. It's still pretty great, just sometimes I have to try to find a way to tell you do to better :P You mentioned people pushing 45% shadowflame uptime, you had 42% which is still pretty damn good. Looks like you might have been able to squeeze in just one more, but fight HoT, Fading Light, dot refreshing, CD popping, etc, you probably are going to get off at one point from popping it right on CD.*

The thing I do want to comment on is your BoD. You're clipping it sometimes, and not clipping it other times. But from the timing of your metas in the two logs, I believe you're over clipping it. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Meta, don't clip it when you don't have meta. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and DS:Felguard), in fact you should be refreshing it after the 30s mark but before meta falls off for two extra stronger ticks (still don't clip it). When in doubt, don't clip. It looks like you might have tried to refresh it at the 30s mark, but you ended up refreshing it more at the 5s after meta fell off mark. From then on, the next time you put it up, it never came off. You did have two more metas, but the timing of those metas and the 1min BoD, it's hard to tell since I don't know exactly when it was recasted, so I just wanted to make sure you're doing it right.*

First thing I just want to comment on, since I do whenever I see someone with the incinerate spec, hopefully you're using it and knowing when to use it, and not using it as you're demo spec on a fight that...it shouldn't really be used for. I'll work under the assumption you do, but if you have any questions, I do have a mini-rant about it saved in a text editor
    I'm just using the spec for Heroic spine progression, that's why the Corruption glyph was also in for the first fight.

If you're purely demo, or it's cheap/guild paid to replace gems along with spec, the int/mastery ones are technically better. But seeing how you have an afflic spec, if you're afflic for many fights, it's much easier to stick with your int/haste ones. Mostly mentioning it because it's technically what you want for demo only. Everything else on your armory looks fine, I see you got the stage 3 staff, so hopefully the legendary in the next few months!*
    I use Affliction for 6/8 of the fights, and it is very likely going to be my H Madness spec also (current Mastery reforge is just for H spine).

As for logs, you are opening wrong. You pop before dot, meaning you pop CDs and meta before dotting, makings your dots super awesome (in particular, that BoD..).*The general opener for demo is pre-pot> pre-cast Shadow Bolt or Incinerate (based on demo spec) > combat > CoE (if needed) > Meta/DS:Felguard + Felstorm when pet in range > Activate Soulburn > Immolate > BoD > Corruption > HoG > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Filler (shadow bolt or Incinerate based on spec). And the moment feltsorm ends (38s left on the CD, or when he stops spinning), use the activated soulburn to summon the felhunter.
    Thanks for the Meta thing, I normally pre fight MWC/Meta so it's not really an issue I have to deal with often (couldn't pre cast Shadow Bolt/Incinerate because the fight started as soon as Ultraxion landed).

The thing I do want to comment on is your BoD. You're clipping it sometimes, and not clipping it other times. But from the timing of your metas in the two logs, I believe you're over clipping it. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Meta, don't clip it when you don't have meta. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and DS:Felguard), in fact you should be refreshing it after the 30s mark but before meta falls off for two extra stronger ticks (still don't clip it). When in doubt, don't clip. It looks like you might have tried to refresh it at the 30s mark, but you ended up refreshing it more at the 5s after meta fell off mark. From then on, the next time you put it up, it never came off. You did have two more metas, but the timing of those metas and the 1min BoD, it's hard to tell since I don't know exactly when it was recasted, so I just wanted to make sure you're doing it right.
    If I clipped it when I didn't have Meta it was just stupidity on my part. And with my first BoD I believe it went like this;

BoD -> Meta/DS/Int Procs/Soul Burn -> BoD -> Meta sub 5 seconds BoD again.

With the comment you made to my rotation Meta/DS/Soul Burn will move up before BoD, but won't recasting it an extra time still be best for PT/LW/WoU and S&F (if it wasn't pre casted)?

Thanks for the insight, and yeah hopefully legendary in 6 weeks!
    Last edited by Bartimaeus; 2012-03-10 at 06:38 AM.

Double post, sorry.
    Last edited by Bartimaeus; 2012-03-09 at 11:09 PM.

help plz!

Hi and thank you in advance, so for weeks my dps as demo was low so I've decide to change to destro. im still working on getting the rotation down pat, im a little rusty with it not playing it at all in over 6-7 months. there are some errors i can see for myself dot uptime on fights is sometimes low same with improved soul fire uptime. im pretty sure my gear i.e reforging,gemming and enchanting is fairly right for the spec. any advice, tips or tweaks u guys could give me would be greatly appreciated

world of logs : only spine, madness and bh i did as destro
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rao5udfhcez0ar3z/

world of logs : this was lfr marchok was just being pulled when i entered the instance and had to run from the portal at the begining to the boss before being able to engage i bailed after zon'ozz because idiots keep pulling 2-3 slime packs causing us to wipe and i only have limited time on weekends to play and want to get some decent logs from the second half also
    worldoflogs.com/guilds/198494/

this is my armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gorgonnash/Arkeifrex/simple

weird i had to remove the h t t p : / / w w w . from my links before i could post in this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just using the spec for Heroic spine progression, that's why the Corruption glyph was also in for the first fight.
    Figured so, I just like to be sure. I'm currently progressing on this terrible fight as well. Right now, I can't explain exactly explain it, but the 0/31/10 talent setup actually worked better for me. I get the immolate up faster, which from what I could find it logs sometimes gave an extra tick before the plate went down, and sometimes I got an extra incin filler out. NOT saying it's better, saying it's working better specifically for me right now. So I'd figured I'd just put it out there.*

Thanks for the Meta thing, I normally pre fight MWC/Meta so it's not really an issue I have to deal with often (couldn't pre cast Shadow Bolt/Incinerate because the fight started as soon as Ultraxion landed).

If I clipped it when I didn't have Meta it was just stupidity on my part. And with my first BoD I believe it went like this;

BoD -> Meta/DS/Int Procs/Soul Burn -> BoD -> Meta sub 5 seconds BoD again.

With the comment you made to my rotation Meta/DS/Soul Burn will move up before BoD, but won't recasting it an extra time still be best for PT/LW/WoU and S&F (if it wasn't pre casted)?

Thanks for the insight, and yeah hopefully legendary in 6 weeks!
    If you're pre MWC/Metaing, then you wont have that issue. Although, just so you know, Ultrax only auto engages if you're up there in his gut when he is summoned. If you stand at the back, he doesn't auto pull, and he doesn't pull by range, only getting hit. Probably not something to really care about it it's on farm, just passing info along.*

You don't really want to put up BoD, then put it up like 5s later without it ticking. That's just wasting a GCD really, especially since you won't have your felhunter out yet for its shadowbite yet. With the the timing of about when those things proc and how long they last, you could put it up before, pop meta and stuff, then after it's 15s tick put it back up I guess. There was a thread discussing things like this, here, and basically you don't want to delay putting up a dot just for one extra proc, and definitely not an extra stack of wou or two.*

The problem with stating an exact opener is that they're actually pretty specific and can be on the fly decisions sometimes. I can't find the thread, but one lock guy showed his logs on BoD uptime, while it was only 80%, it did more dmg overall than like a 95% uptime. That opener I posted was my copy/paste for ease, and I more wanted to point out that it's better to pop CDs before dotting if you're popping things at the start, which for demo we like almost always do.*

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 11:33 PM ----------

For the love of pretty looking posting, can someone tell me why the hell asterisks get put at the end of each line for me? Does my "enter/return" button somehow have * attached to it?

I also found i had the best luck with the 0/31/10 spec for heroic spine.

Also, i have no idea why there are * at the end.
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    I also found i had the best luck with the 0/31/10 spec for heroic spine.

Also, i have no idea why there are * at the end.
    idk but its been happening to me as well*

see above^

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with the asterisk problem. Though, in one post, it put asterisks around my use of the word asterisks :x

Quote Originally Posted by arkeifrex View Post
    Hi and thank you in advance, so for weeks my dps as demo was low so I've decide to change to destro. im still working on getting the rotation down pat, im a little rusty with it not playing it at all in over 6-7 months. there are some errors i can see for myself dot uptime on fights is sometimes low same with improved soul fire uptime. im pretty sure my gear i.e reforging,gemming and enchanting is fairly right for the spec. any advice, tips or tweaks u guys could give me would be greatly appreciated

world of logs : only spine, madness and bh i did as destro
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rao5udfhcez0ar3z/

world of logs : this was lfr marchok was just being pulled when i entered the instance and had to run from the portal at the begining to the boss before being able to engage i bailed after zon'ozz because idiots keep pulling 2-3 slime packs causing us to wipe and i only have limited time on weekends to play and want to get some decent logs from the second half also
    worldoflogs.com/guilds/198494/

this is my armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gorgonnash/Arkeifrex/simple

weird i had to remove the h t t p : / / w w w . from my links before i could post in this thread
    Techincally you're not allowed to post links until X amount of posts, hence why you couldn't have the www part. But what you did is fine for me to get to it.*

65 mastery to hands. It should work out better for you. Try to get your group to do more HM Domo runs for the neck, it's BiS. Gimme dat coc plox now por favor.*

I ignored the spine log. Honestly sure how how to read those sometimes. Looked at your BH first since it was more standstill, and if you mees up there you mess up everywhere else. First off, better doomguard popping por favor. 300k is weaksauce. Need to pop that DG at the optimal time.*The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. Obviously you didn't pre-pot for BH, but 300k from it is still meh. I get like 250k from popping it unbuffed.*

Dot wise, you're over clipping BoD.**BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. As destro, unless you use an on use trinket, which you don't have, we don't have CDs to pop to buff up dots (our DS is cast time only), so you should be buff watching if anything when you put it up. When in doubt, don't clip.

Corruption uptime (85%) looked fine, considering she goes immune for a little while. Though Immolation uptime (78%) was definitely a lot worse, which is no bueno. It's like our #1 dot. (Or maybe #2, BoD is more #1, but you get my point hopefully. No downtime on it.) Considering when she's attackable, you're always in melee range, you can definitely squeeze out a couple more shadowflames. You shadowflame on CD when in melee range.

Your ISF uptime is no bueno as well, 76% uptime. Yes some of it was her WW immune stuff, but you still refresh it even if she goes immune 10s later. SF still can hit for like 20k easy, and that's at least 3 more incin casts you can get out in that 10s w/ SF hardcast that are 8% buffed.

As I mentioned earlier, DS:Imp is CAST TIME spells only. Meaning it dont work for dots, except for the initial immolate hit. That being said, I personally feel it's better to pop it after dotting and conflaging, because then you get an extra buffed incin or two out there rather than having that buff up and chilling while you're using 3 GCDs for BoD, Conflag, and Corruption.*

Make sure you're conflagging on CD, even if you have backdraft stacks still up. In that fight, you had a theoretical 18 conflag uses, but only had 13. Taking out her 2 immune times, that's like 15, 16 max. That's like, an easy 100k you missed out on.*

Glancing at Madness, I saw only 3 BoH uses, there's always something to BoH until only parts of the 4th platform (between killing blisterings parts), and parts of the Deathwing Head part (when you start ignoring adds and tunneling)

Quick glance at the Ultrax LFR kill, better corruption uptime, like 80's%, fine on the others. Overclipping BoD again. And more ISF uptime work. And better DG pop.*

So like you said, more dot uptime work, and definitely more ISF uptime work. Apologize atm for any mispellings or unsoftened to betterness, not my fault people get tired and want to stop drinking long before I do so I get bored and get on WoW.*

Deleted
    Hey guys,

My guild killed Ultrax HC yesterday for the first time, and i feel my damage could be a bit higher, could anyone give any pointers?

Here is a log from the kill:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=1465&e=1780

Here is my armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Trylb/advanced

I open with CoE - Immolate - Corruption - Meta/Demonsoul/Felstorm/Soulburn/MWC - BoD - Doomguard - Shadowflame - Felhunter - HoG and keep going from there on (i don't open with Shadowbolt because the fire mage opens with Pyro or Scorch.

Any tips would be greatly appriciated!

Edit: Added armory for easier browsing
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2012-03-14 at 10:07 AM.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=71597 or http://www.wowhead.com/item=78825 ?
    The chest will give me 4 set but wondering if the loss in hit/haste is worth it, think the chest actually gives more int due to the gem slot + 30 int bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=71597 or http://www.wowhead.com/item=78825 ?
    The chest will give me 4 set but wondering if the loss in hit/haste is worth it, think the chest actually gives more int due to the gem slot + 30 int bonus.
    4pc. Hands down. Especially if you've dropped and aren't planning on running 2pc t13, 2pc t12. As destro, 4pc can also significantly help ISF uptime.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Hey guys,

My guild killed Ultrax HC yesterday for the first time, and i feel my damage could be a bit higher, could anyone give any pointers?

Here is a log from the kill:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=1465&e=1780

Here is my armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Trylb/advanced

I open with CoE - Immolate - Corruption - Meta/Demonsoul/Felstorm/Soulburn/MWC - BoD - Doomguard - Shadowflame - Felhunter - HoG and keep going from there on (i don't open with Shadowbolt because the fire mage opens with Pyro or Scorch.

Any tips would be greatly appriciated!

Edit: Added armory for easier browsing
    Your armory looks fine. Although I know it's the optional talent point, but I can't think of a single place where Demonic Empowerment could be used at all in PvE (Unless for a voidwalker tanking to save the raid, which I'm hoping I get to do someday and feel awesome), but Aura of Foreboding does at least work on trash, and adds. I just don't get why people choose DE over AoF. /shrug

Well your opening is off a bit. First things first, if you can do a precast, you still precast a shadowbolt rather than sitting around doing nothing. On Ultraxion, he doesn't auto pull as long as you're not up in his gut, nor does he aggro afterwards when you decide to move in to get ready. This will allow for a tank countdown and proper precasting.

The optimal opener for demo is pre-pot> pre-cast Shadow Bolt or Incinerate (based on demo spec) > combat > CoE (if needed) > Meta/DS:Felguard + Felstorm when pet in range > Activate Soulburn > Immolate > BoD > Corruption > HoG > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Filler (shadow bolt or Incinerate based on spec). And the moment feltsorm ends (38s left on the CD, or when he stops spinning), use the activated soulburn to summon the felhunter.

So basically, you pop CDs before dotting up. You're also mixing different playstyles of demo. You are still using MWC, so yes, you save meta for MWC. But unlike in t12 and some of DS, once you gain 4pc you no longer pet twist after the initial swap to the felhunter. Soulburn should be used on CD, and it does not magically align with MWC CD until the 6min mark of a fight. If you used soulburn on CD, you could have gotten an extra one. It would have been right at the end, but every second counts, and something might have happened and the fight might have gone on for a few more seconds. (Ofc, if boss mechanics say otherwise, you don't use it on CD, and might be able to pet swap if they line up)

You are shadowflaming relatively on CD, which is good. Could have gotten 2 or 3 more but I won't complain. Corruption uptime needs some work, only 90% for a complete standstill fight. BoD uptime is way too good, which yes, it is bad to have too good of an uptime on BoD. This means that you're over clipping BoD. when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Meta, don't clip it when you don't have meta. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and DS:Felguard), in fact you should be refreshing it after the 30s mark but before meta falls off for two extra stronger ticks (still don't clip it). When in doubt, don't clip.

It looks like you used your doomguard good, popping it at the optimal time, but I haven't seen demo w/ MWC Doomguard numbers in a while, and based on how you said you're popping it right after BoD, I'm post this anyways. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. This is also when you pop immolation aura. Immolation aura should be treated as a mini-doomguard during meta and used within the first 20s of meta, ICD trackers are going to make it easy to know when something is going to proc within the first 20s of meta. But if you don't use one, and don't want to pay attention to procs during other metas, then fine, just make sure your first meta's immo aura is popped with DG.
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-03-14 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    4pc. Hands down. Especially if you've dropped and aren't planning on running 2pc t13, 2pc t12. As destro, 4pc can also significantly help ISF uptime.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 06:55 PM ----------

Your armory looks fine. Although I know it's the optional talent point, but I can't think of a single place where Demonic Empowerment could be used at all in PvE (Unless for a voidwalker tanking to save the raid, which I'm hoping I get to do someday and feel awesome), but Aura of Foreboding does at least work on trash, and adds. I just don't get why people choose DE over AoF. /shrug

Well your opening is off a bit. First things first, if you can do a precast, you still precast a shadowbolt rather than sitting around doing nothing. On Ultraxion, he doesn't auto pull as long as you're not up in his gut, nor does he aggro afterwards when you decide to move in to get ready. This will allow for a tank countdown and proper precasting.

The optimal opener for demo is pre-pot> pre-cast Shadow Bolt or Incinerate (based on demo spec) > combat > CoE (if needed) > Meta/DS:Felguard + Felstorm when pet in range > Activate Soulburn > Immolate > BoD > Corruption > HoG > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Filler (shadow bolt or Incinerate based on spec). And the moment feltsorm ends (38s left on the CD, or when he stops spinning), use the activated soulburn to summon the felhunter.

So basically, you pop CDs before dotting up. You're also mixing different playstyles of demo. You are still using MWC, so yes, you save meta for MWC. But unlike in t12 and some of DS, once you gain 4pc you no longer pet twist after the initial swap to the felhunter. Soulburn should be used on CD, and it does not magically align with MWC CD until the 6min mark of a fight. If you used soulburn on CD, you could have gotten an extra one. It would have been right at the end, but every second counts, and something might have happened and the fight might have gone on for a few more seconds. (Ofc, if boss mechanics say otherwise, you don't use it on CD, and might be able to pet swap if they line up)

You are shadowflaming relatively on CD, which is good. Could have gotten 2 or 3 more but I won't complain. Corruption uptime needs some work, only 90% for a complete standstill fight. BoD uptime is way too good, which yes, it is bad to have too good of an uptime on BoD. This means that you're over clipping BoD. when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Meta, don't clip it when you don't have meta. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and DS:Felguard), in fact you should be refreshing it after the 30s mark but before meta falls off for two extra stronger ticks (still don't clip it). When in doubt, don't clip.

It looks like you used your doomguard good, popping it at the optimal time, but I haven't seen demo w/ MWC Doomguard numbers in a while, and based on how you said you're popping it right after BoD, I'm post this anyways. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. This is also when you pop immolation aura. Immolation aura should be treated as a mini-doomguard during meta and used within the first 20s of meta, ICD trackers are going to make it easy to know when something is going to proc within the first 20s of meta. But if you don't use one, and don't want to pay attention to procs during other metas, then fine, just make sure your first meta's immo aura is popped with DG.
    Thank you very much, i am going to work on this and see what i get this reset.

i always refresh doom in the last seconds of meta, but i usualy resfresh it before it falls off outside. Now i think off it more it makes sense that the empowered tick would outweifg 1-2 secs of no bane.

Hi, after a little assistance here.

We had a few issues with DPS underperforming, blaming gear etc, so I put everyone through simcraft to get a *reasonable* idea of what they could do. Most of our guildies are now performing around their sim, except our lock.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about locks to be able to assist her, hence I suggested she come on here to ask for help.

Due to "not having enough time" she's not been able to, so I thought I'd post and ask for your feedback.

I'm not sure how accurate simcraft is for locks, so if your only answer is "the sims wrong, she's doing fine" then I'll be more than happy

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...um/damageDone/ -> the most recent

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=6246&e=6575 -> previous weeks ultraxion - she sims 10k above me, hence why we're a little concerned.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...um/damageDone/ -> rest of the previous weeks reports.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a8cao8zcc13faaz8/ -> and the week before incase you need anymore info.

So far the only feedback i've been able to give her, is that imp SF seems a little low, but I just don't know enough about locks to be able to provide much more.

Thanks for any advice, fabio

*edit - armoury link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c3%b2/advanced
    Last edited by Fabio; 2012-03-15 at 06:17 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've looked at various logs from your post and from what I can tell yes her Improved Soul Fire uptime is a little low, but other than that from the various boss fights her DoT uptime is good (all greater than 90%).

When simming her, make sure you're incorporating the proper raid buffs. Looking at your raid comp you don't have any Spell Power Buffs (neither 6 or 10%) or a Critical Strke Chance buff, which is going to significantly hurt her DPS. You may want to consider her going Demonology as it will grant the raid 10% spell power and is your only source of it. There are also much better people on here reading logs than I will be, because when analyzing a Warlock's DPS I mainly just look at DoT uptime.

*Edit* I also looked at her armory and everything looks fine there too i.e. gems, enchants, reforges, glyphs, talents, etc.
    Last edited by Tyllastus; 2012-03-15 at 08:09 PM.

Hi, im a warlock, and im fucking over being beat on DPS.
    My character's name is Pyraice from Tichondrius

I cant post link to armory or Logs as this is a new account, but my guild is L E G E N D A R Y on Tichondrius, and I am pyraice, the log date is 3/16 for heroic Ultraxion

Asher is the Hunter that pisses me off (One because of his attitude in raid hes a fucking asshole) but also his gear is way worse, and he pulled higher DPS on this fight (He's usually Nevarius our blood DK)
    I have amazing uptimes, i took the fading lights and hour of twilights to .5 seconds I dont know what im doing wrong.
    Unstable Affliction (93.7 %)
    Corruption (97.4 %)
    Bane of Doom (94.2 %)
    Haunt (97.5 %)
    Please don't rag on me for the one pre-pot missed, i swear i pre-potted and i know i potted on my 3rd demon soul with the drain lifes. And turns out i just looked he only has one pot too so maybe WoL doesnt count the prepot.
    I started playing WoW half way through firelands and got my first 85 (warlock) a month or so before DS. Im 3 1/2 weeks away from Legendary, and have only passed up one heroic chest, other then that no heroic gear has dropped for me. Please help!!!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!! I sim at around 40k and i hit 35ish he sims at 37 and hit 36k

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyraice View Post

I cant post link to armory or Logs as this is a new account, but my guild is L E G E N D A R Y on Tichondrius, and I am pyraice, the log date is 3/16 for heroic Ultraxion

Asher is the Hunter that pisses me off (One because of his attitude in raid hes a fucking asshole) but also his gear is way worse, and he pulled higher DPS on this fight (He's usually Nevarius our blood DK)
    I have amazing uptimes, i took the fading lights and hour of twilights to .5 seconds I dont know what im doing wrong.
    Corruption (97.4 %)
    Bane of Doom (94.2 %)
    Haunt (97.5 %)
    Please don't rag on me for the one pre-pot missed, i swear i pre-potted and i know i potted on my 3rd demon soul with the drain lifes. And turns out i just looked he only has one pot too so maybe WoL doesnt count the prepot.
    I started playing WoW half way through firelands and got my first 85 (warlock) a month or so before DS. Im 3 1/2 weeks away from Legendary, and have only passed up one heroic chest, other then that no heroic gear has dropped for me. Please help!!!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!! I sim at around 40k and i hit 35ish he sims at 37 and hit 36k

Thanks in advance
    Post the part of the urls that come after your domain name for your armory and logs. I should be able to get on it tonight after work if you do that. (Reasons I'm not looking it up myself is A: I have work, so that's 9 hours for you to get it posted and B: I'm too lazy and late for work)

/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Pyraice/advanced
    /reports/8f9nd4nwnjvgyeju/details/8/?s=9516&e=9791

Quote Originally Posted by Pyraice View Post

Corruption (97.4 %)
    Bane of Doom (94.2 %)
    Haunt (97.5 %)

Thanks in advance
    Your uptimes are okay, not amazing. You're not clipping UA quite correctly (faded 5 times throughout the fight); you should aim to cast it around 4s left. You're about 10% off sim (using Ultraxion sim, not Patchwerk sim), less if we consider that Ultraxion in logs isn't 100% accurate.

If you're going to keep Herbalism you should use it (Lifeblood).

You should probably use the Life Tap glyph.

What's your macro for Heroic Will? I don't see Fel Flame there, nor are you Life Tapping before going out.

Finally, the fact of the matter is that Affliction lags other specs by a little bit no matter what, unless your Heroic Will timing is perfect, since you never get to take Hours: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion...60/default/#5o

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Hi, after a little assistance here.

We had a few issues with DPS underperforming, blaming gear etc, so I put everyone through simcraft to get a *reasonable* idea of what they could do. Most of our guildies are now performing around their sim, except our lock.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about locks to be able to assist her, hence I suggested she come on here to ask for help.

Due to "not having enough time" she's not been able to, so I thought I'd post and ask for your feedback.

I'm not sure how accurate simcraft is for locks, so if your only answer is "the sims wrong, she's doing fine" then I'll be more than happy

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...um/damageDone/ -> the most recent

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=6246&e=6575 -> previous weeks ultraxion - she sims 10k above me, hence why we're a little concerned.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...um/damageDone/ -> rest of the previous weeks reports.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a8cao8zcc13faaz8/ -> and the week before incase you need anymore info.

So far the only feedback i've been able to give her, is that imp SF seems a little low, but I just don't know enough about locks to be able to provide much more.

Thanks for any advice, fabio

*edit - armoury link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c3%b2/advanced
    She's not the one logging so some of her times are off and her DPS will look a bit lower.

Her Shadowflame uptime is very low. She should try to time her Doomguard along with all her INT buffs (usually just at the beginning of the fight). There's a tiny bit of wasted hit (1769) and she's over the accepted haste threshold (but not a big deal). Her immolate uptime should be higher. Remember flight time...

Her opener is a bit wonky. As far as I can tell it's CotE > Doomguard > Soul Burn > Soul Fire > Demon Soul > Immolate > Corruption > Conflagrate. This is the reason the Doomguard has no INT buffs. The opener I usually go with is: Pre-pot > pre-cast Incin > Soul Burn > Soul Fire > Demon Soul > Immolate > Curse of the Elements > Conflagrate > Corruption.*

She should look into working an instant into her Heroic Will macro to squeeze out some extra damage.*

You guys lost CotE towards the end (5 minute duration, 5:28 fight).

If she's going to keep the herbalism she should be sure to make use of Lifeblood.

My macro for heroic will is just /click ExtraActionButton1
    I guess ill change it to this
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /cast Life tap
    (Or should it be the other way around?)
    The reason i use the soulstone glyph is because i usually end up the one rezzing people
    (I switched back to affliction because it is my more comfortable spec by far, if you look at previous logs i was destro and i wasnt very good at it only did it to soak and for Zonozz, and Hagara) And i did better on this fight as affliction then destro :P
    Do you have any other tips or see anything stupid that i might have missed? because it doesnt make any sense to me, i think the hunters DPS is much higher because of his weapon and bow (Asher, not Chaotic) but I dont know, people rag on me for my DPS, but ive remaimed fairly consistent if not slowly improving without any gear change, as i havent had any gear in about 2ish months

Thanks again!