Page 42 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dpsfail View Post
    Hi Everyone, i feel like I should be pulling higher DPS, but im not.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dpsfail/simple

Here is my world of logs for a bothttp://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...i1/details/30/

and another http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...4lc/details/8/

Im basically stuck doing about 15-16k dps, sometimes 18 but I feel like I should be doing much more with my gear.

My destro hits okay numbers but my affliction really sucks.
    Sorry to break it to you but your destro DoT uptime sucks too man.

On Halfus fight 72% uptime on immolate and 68% on corruption. Plus 54% on ISF buff. Those are pretty low numbers.

I am an average lock myself but check my Halfus numbers on this: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=1559&e=1830

(I'm Syd btw)

Almost 90% uptime on both DoTs and around 78% on ISF. It's not great but it's acceptable and really gives a huge DPS boost.

The comment above about gems is mostly correct. Just don't gem a hybrid gem on your extra belt socket. Int is above Hit. Try to reach hitcap by sacrificing some crit or mastery. That said, the gem changes won't change much unless you focus more on the fights and work on your uptimes. Try a different addon or something.

Hey everyone

Got some decent gear and I think enchants/gems/reforge is correct minus the maelstrom enchants. My DPS is pretty good I'm thinking but I'm curious if there's any way I can improve. In my opinion, I've got my rotation down pretty well (except for shadowflame which I'll be using more often). An example of a Patchwerk type fight for Argaloth (I'm Odyferous):

worldoflogs.com/reports/xc4r9t38as65jcq4/sum/damageDone

And tons of running around (Omnatron): worldoflogs.com/reports/xc4r9t38as65jcq4/sum/damageDone/?s=7308&e=7642

My profile is here: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/odyferous/simple <-- just got T11 robes today so haven't run anything with them yet.

The thing that gets me is that our afflic lock is almost always at the top of meters. Granted, he's got better gear but from my understanding, destro should do better. Yeah...I'm jealous :P

Thanks for any help!

Deleted
    Hey from a quick look, the only flaw on that fight was ur corruption having 81% uptime which is quite low seeing as that fight only has 3 moving moments in which you can refresh corruption as it's an instant cast. So a number 90%+ would have been expected. Any chance you're refreshing your DoTs when they have already fallen off? Because in cataclysm mechanics the best time to refresh them is when the last tick is about to occur (between 2s-0.1s left on the DoT).

10+ Year Old Account
    The line between insanity and brilliance.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rkarion/simple

http://img51.imageshack.us/f/wowscrn...811110031.jpg/

Thats my armory and thats a recount of 25m BH. I was doing a trial run and with another guild and pulled ~15.5k dps they said this was low considering your gear and whatnot. So i was wondering is it a me problem, or a you expect to much problem? The fight I pulled 15.5k ish on was Twilight Ascendant Council. I had havoc on the other boss i was not attacking at the time, but with heave movment in phase 2 was when my dps started to drop. It settled at the end around 15.5k Help tips gear critism would be very welcomed.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/eid%C3%BCs/simple

worldoflogs.com/reports/cq4pd8ui1chki1qg/sum/damageDone/?s=8582&e=8941

Looking for some advice on things I could improve on for H Halfus (don't really care about other fights in this wol, since I kind of just half ass normals at this point =P).

Initially, I think I could improve on my haunt uptime, corruption I didn't really worry about during whelps so that seems fine.

When we released the whelps I spammed SoC on Halfus in hopes of the 300% damage buff, does this have any effect?

I messed up a little bit, but holding off my second Demonsoul Succy, if that had been hit on cd, then I probably could have popped out a felhunter and hit it near the end.

I also did not use my infernal when the whelps were released, i used it when halfus was alone(tooootally forgot).

These are somethings I noticed personally but would love the opinion of other great warlocks in our community, so that I could achieve max dps. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ok...long time reader, pretty much first time poster. I have been working diligently at improving my play on my warlock since cata came out, and have made some progress, but for the most part the progress is slow. I have only been playing a warlock for about 6 months, so perhaps I simply need more time/muscle memory/etc to master it...but I can't understand why I can't break 90% class efficieny on a simply fight like Algaloth.

I guess I don't really expect to rank every time out, as there are locks a plenty out there who outgear me (our guild is only just starting to work on heoric modes).

Here is my armory *us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draka/greekomikron/simple

And here is a BH10 pug parse from earlier today *ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/31y56rdx50di8iy9/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses&boss=47120

My uptimes seem decent, and the run kill shot felt pretty clean (other than missing my pre-pot, and missing BL with my Infernal). It's too bad we had a healer fail on the 2nd attempt, as that one was much cleaner for me.

Not properly flasked (wrath flask), missing perhaps one or two raid buffs, and had to DI a fire mage...but I still expect to be putting up 20k on this fight based on my simcraft.

Can you guys spot anything I should be working on?

Apprecaite the help.

-G-

Edit: It won't let me post links...so I removed a portion...hopefully you can decipher = )

Low dps in 10man

I switched to destro about 2 weeks ago so our 10man would have replenishment but I'm currently doing around 16.1-16.8k dps on heroic Chimaeron by then end of our wipes (between 9% and 100k health). SimCraft has me above 22k dps for similar buffs/time. Raid makeup is usually 2-3 pally healers (occasionally a resto shaman), MM hunter, Ass rogue, Prot warrior and pally, dps dk tanking, and the last dps spot is random (ele sham, feral, etc).

Armory: *us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/sainty/advanced

I don't have WoLogs for the last week's attempts, but below are two of our early attempts. I've become more used to destro since then but in these, as with most others I check, I'm using incinerate much less often than most other locks.

*ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/qqy0gdub31v9uunw/sum/damageDone/?s=4337&e=4745
    *ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/qqy0gdub31v9uunw/sum/damageDone/?s=6015&e=6432

I'd appreciate any advice as far as things I need to fix/improve on.

Quote Originally Posted by spaztom View Post
    Hey everyone

Got some decent gear and I think enchants/gems/reforge is correct minus the maelstrom enchants. My DPS is pretty good I'm thinking but I'm curious if there's any way I can improve. In my opinion, I've got my rotation down pretty well (except for shadowflame which I'll be using more often). An example of a Patchwerk type fight for Argaloth (I'm Odyferous):

worldoflogs.com/reports/xc4r9t38as65jcq4/sum/damageDone

And tons of running around (Omnatron): worldoflogs.com/reports/xc4r9t38as65jcq4/sum/damageDone/?s=7308&e=7642

My profile is here: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/odyferous/simple <-- just got T11 robes today so haven't run anything with them yet.

The thing that gets me is that our afflic lock is almost always at the top of meters. Granted, he's got better gear but from my understanding, destro should do better. Yeah...I'm jealous :P

Thanks for any help!
    1 question, are you trying to match every socket? on your boots and belt you are matching the socket for 10 hit rating, which isn't really worth it....in general hit/haste/crit/mastery need a socket bonus of 30 to be worth the loss of 20 int.

also, destro is better by less than 2%...BiS 359 affliction is about 600 dps lower than destro....that's basically nothing. If the other lock has better gear, that could easily be why he beats you.

Affliction is also better than destro if there are two bosses, as affliction keeping all dots up on two bosses>destro keeping dots up + BoH, and has better aoe if he is using soulburn:soc

10+ Year Old Account
    Character Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../nitroz/simple Capped Mining/Alchemy. Average DPS 15-18k single target.

WHAT CAN I DO?!
    Survival is Key

Quote Originally Posted by Joben View Post
    Character Link: somewarrioramidoingitrite Capped Mining/Alchemy. Average DPS 15-18k single target.

WHAT CAN I DO?!
    Ask in warrior forum?

my dps seems to be very low and i don't know why us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/steak/simple

worldoflogs.com/reports/vch7m7jkmtiju7pf/analyze/dd/source/?s=2942&e=3358

it seems like the other affic locks in my guild always bet me on everyfight and i don't get it Destruction is better then affic

What am i doing wrong?Is it that im not getting off more caste then the other locks or what?Or it is my gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Steakandeggs View Post
    my dps seems to be very low and i don't know why us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/steak/simple

worldoflogs.com/reports/vch7m7jkmtiju7pf/analyze/dd/source/?s=2942&e=3358

it seems like the other affic locks in my guild always bet me on everyfight and i don't get it Destruction is better then affic

What am i doing wrong?Is it that im not getting off more caste then the other locks or what?Or it is my gear?
    k....you only need 17% hit (1743 hit rating I believe), atm you have 17.46% (1789 rating)...that's 46 hit rating that is completely useless...you have a bunch of pieces that you have reforged to have 50 hit on them, take away the 50 hit....being 4 hit rating under the cap is fine, it means you'll miss like every 1/10000 spells.

your spec and glyphs are fine

your rotation is lacking a few things

1) I don't see shadowflame anywhere in any of the logs you linked, why? Shadowflame should be above chaos bolt in your priority list (as long as you can stand close to the boss....which you should be able to in all of the fights you linked). Play around with shadowflame on some test dummies, it has a much longer range than the animation would lead you to believe.

2) Antram and ascendant council have lots of movement, yet I don't see any fel flame. While yeah, the spell kinda sucks....it's better than running around not casting anything....it should be the lowest priority spell you have while moving (unless you are using it to keep immolate up, in which case it is much higher...this may be why you had low uptimes on immolate for some fights), anyway, I find it hard to believe that you were refreshing dots, insta-casting soul fires, conflaging, for every gcd you had while moving. Also, if possible while moving you should be casting shadowflame if you are running somewhere near the boss.

3) Your uptimes on immolate/bane/corruption are not consistent...on the ascendant council, you have dot uptimes in the 50%s, and on cho'gall you were in the mid 80s...You should shoot for 90+% or so on all three dots, 80s isn't bad...but 50% is very low.

4) Improved soul fire is a buff you should have almost at all times...you had 50% uptime, you should cast soul fire before AoEing as well, as it'll boost your RoF damage as well. ISF is harder to keep up than the dots, due to movement...but you should think about where you are going to have to move before the fight starts...i.e. you have a plan ahead of time, so for fights like antram think of where you want to move during next discs, or during next air phase, etc and instead of standing 20 yards away from there in the begining, see if you can stand 15 yards, or 10 yards...the less movement you have, the better your dps.

5) where is bane of havoc? i don't see it on any encounter....ascendant council, throw it on the one you aren't dpsing, and for cho'gall, I believe it's a dps boost to put it on cho'gall before aoeing, and then put doom back on when you switch back to him.

6) ok....looking at your dot uptimes, and your spell damage, i'm going to make an assumption. I could be wrong, but my assumption does explain everything I see. I am assuming that while you are moving, you are not casting anything. This explains lack of fel flame, and it explains low dot uptimes in fights that have alot of movement. While moving, you should be casting something...your priority list does change while moving....it's basically fel flame if immolate is about to expire, corruption, bane, insta SF if needed and available, conflag, shadowflame if close to boss, and fel flame filler. Practice your moving priority list just like you practice your stationary priority list...maybe even more, as when you are moving, you are generally paying more attention to your surroundings and less to your dot-timers.

Ok....also, you seem to have a bit of a misunderstanding about destro vs. affliction. On a straight tank and spank with zero adds, and no aoe, destro beats affliction by about 600 dps in BiS....yes, 600 whole dps...

Affliction aoe>destro aoe....so I think affliction is better theoretically on cho'gall than destro...
    affliction multidoting>destro multidoting...Same for ascendant council...
    Affliction actually has a noticeable execution mechanic, where as destro really doesn't. So for captain planet, or cho'gal p2, Affliction is going to be doing significantly more dps than destro during those phases (yes, it evens out, destro does much more dps from 100%-25%, then affliction does a whole hell of a lot more dps from 25% to 0%, leaving destro slightly ahead over all)

affliction played by an excellent player> destro played by a decent player
    affliction with like 2 ilvl higher gear> destro

the specs potential dps isn't that different, they both have strengths and weaknesses...but for the most part, your skill, not your spec, is determining your dps.

while overall im pretty happy with my dps in the last month or so i seem to be 1-2k under other locks in my guild
    hopefully this log will do
    worldoflogs.com/reports/258bm6v9qtim0bto/
    char is
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/soultouch/simple
    Last edited by roy23; 2011-03-24 at 07:02 AM.

@ tobiasx
    Keep your buffs up: Imp Soulfire, Dark intent.
    Make sure your imp is always attacking the same target as you and always attacking.
    Also dont forget to use your CD's whenever they are up, unless you are really close to BL/TW/Hero when your CD's come back up.
    I see some downtime on your buffs/cd's
    Also keep Corr/BoDoom near 100% up.
    Recast Soufire when IMPSF has 1,5 sec left.
    On Add fights make sure you either use Shadowburn or drain soul to get your shards back.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Recasting ISF: I usually try recast it between 5 and 3 seconds remaining to keep it up. Why 1.5?
    You have the right idea. Ideally, you cast it just far enough out that Soulfire lands as the buff drops and that usually means 3-4.5 seconds depending on your distance from the target.

Also Shadowburn has a higher priority than Incinerate whenever you can use it, even single target on a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have allways thought of myself as a selfreliant person, but alas I find myself here writing a post on MMO-Champion for help to improve.
    I got pretty good gear if I am to say so myself, but lately I have started having doubts as to if Im doing as much as I should be. Last week I sacrificed my Shadowbolt Spec for DL-filler to improve surivivability on progressfights with massive damage. What seems to be the problem is that I have trouble breaking the 20k mark which was no problem some time ago.
    Issues Im already aware of; Lack of Power Torrent, BoD>BoA.

Feel free to point out any mistakes or improvements you think I should be making:

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hiennar/simple
    Parses: Atramedes 25H - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...=11111&e=11598
    Magmaw 25H - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=6620&e=7231

The GL is worried about why I am so much lower than the rest of the raid. We are attempting to down Heroic Maloriak and I seem to doing 10% less damage than the fire mage (and everyone else). I have looked over the World of Logs Aff. Locks top 200 to see what spells they are using. While I have seen several different fighting styles what really struck me was the difference in damage my spells are doing. For example my corruption does 3042 per tick on average the 200th ranked lock does 4985.7 per tick
    Shadow bolt: Them- 11488.9 on average
    Me- 10958.8

seed of corrupt: them 6635.0
    me- 3135.3

Armory link- Oppal on Windrunner (MMO won't let me post the link)

world of logs- MMO won't let me post links

thanks for any help

Not really sure where I should be DPS wise, I think I'm doing OK - but in reality I have no idea. Been playing this lock since right before cata hit. I know my hit is a bit high, but if I sub in my Bracers of the Bronze Flight it drops significantly - not sure if I should be using those or the Dark Pool ones I've currently equipped.

Any and all help appreciated ^^

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/targaraene/simple
    Parse: Maloriak 10N worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0mbjmwqcuph8y8di/sum/damageDone/

Quote Originally Posted by FrostMist View Post
    Not really sure where I should be DPS wise, I think I'm doing OK - but in reality I have no idea. Been playing this lock since right before cata hit. I know my hit is a bit high, but if I sub in my Bracers of the Bronze Flight it drops significantly - not sure if I should be using those or the Dark Pool ones I've currently equipped.

Any and all help appreciated ^^

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/targaraene/simple
    Parse: Maloriak 10N worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0mbjmwqcuph8y8di/sum/damageDone/
    Expensive upgrades:
    -Chest should be 20 stats
    -bracers should be 50 int, and reforged
    -if you have an alt to do your mining, switch out mining for tailoring, or another prof that gives 80 int

inexpensive upgrades:
    -weapon, I believe 63 spellpower from wotlk is better than hurricane
    -gloves, 20 int 20 hit is worth it for that socket, though obviously not if you are over the hit cap.
    -signet, needs to be reforged
    -Do you have the jeweled serpent trinket from JC? it's the second highest dps trinket in the game (like overall, including heroic raids...), if so i'd put it on instead of the witching hourglass, if you can remember to use it, and try to match it up with burn phases/hero/lust/etc

Your spec has one problem...dark arts? why? it doesn't boost succy....if you are soulburning felpuppy in for demon soul, then it wouldn't be terrible (though I think that's a waste of time)...but I don't see you doing that in the parse...so why do you have 3 points in dark arts?

Oh, and I like having curse of exhaustion for helping out the kiters (i.e. nef/heroic mag/etc), so have only 1 point in jinx, as 15 yards is enough for boss + adds or whatever. but that's just my opinion

ok...looking at your parse, just looking at the first one, as it's the only one that looks like a real attempt...actually, that looks like it was probably one of those really really annoying 1 or 2% wipes. anyway,

-corruption should be higher uptime, 90% isn't bad, but it is refreshed every 8 seconds or so by haunt, shoot for like 98%+
    -UA at 65%? that's low, good locks have that above 95%
    -BoA is at 64% as well...first BoD is higher DPS, and either way it should be in the 90s as well. The only time you should use BoA, is when you are soul swaping dots around to other targets, as BoD doesn't work well with soul swap (it's removed from the first target).
    -Haunt in the 80s? needs to be higher, almost all the time, it's 23% extra damage from all of your dots, it should be your number 1 priority.
    -I never bother with soul fire...it's 3 instant cast spells that on a 5 min fight, are worth a total of 63 dps...yeah, really not worth it. Save the shards for SoC, or teleport for those fights like maloriak/chim at the end if you need to get away from the boss fast.

Spells missing:
    -Fel flame, not a good spell true, but for movement use it instead of doing nothing & to prevent UA from falling off.
    -Shadowflame, you used it once, if possible stand in melee range and use it on CD it's right above your filler in priority list.
    -you should use infernal over doomguard, even for single target he's better. he=awesome. Just dropping him during the 2nd green phase, or during lust/hero will boost your dps probably by 1-2k or so alone. plz to be casting infernal. until 4.1, just pretend that the doomguard doesn't exist.
    -Hey...I just noticed...where is drain soul? The boss should've been down below 25%, he only has like 31 million health, you guys did about 31 million damage, and he only healed himself for like 100k...Drain soul below 25% is awesome. it'll hit for 20k easy.

now....why did you cast deathcoil? it was a 100% overheal, so....why? it hit for like 4k, fel flame should do that as well, and it'll add time on your UA to keep that up. fat finger maybe?

your hit is a bit high, you could reforge out of hit a bit I suppose. But for affliction, I'd want to be at or above 17%, as a missed haunt is a big deal. but I think if you want to keep the bracer you have on, un-reforge your weapon, that should put you at exactly 17% hit.

For maloriak fight, keep your dots rolling on the boss even during green phase. The adds shouldn't be alive for long anyway, and you taking a second or two to cast UA or Haunt or BoD isn't going to make a big difference to how long they will live, but will help your dps by alot, and as he takes more damage as well during green phase, it'll help you guys down him (looks like you guys are having problems with him). Really, for all bosses, haunt/UA/corruption/BoD/BoA should be on SOMETHING at all times, usually the boss.

overall, not bad, it looks like you're just shy of 14k on that first attempt...which isn't bad, with your gear, you could probably get that up to around 16k or so if you got your uptimes into the high 80s/low 90s or so. Also...USE DRAIN SOUL, when I raid as affliction, my dps will jump by around 2k in that last 25%. Last BH I did, I went from being in 5th place, to 1st place in the execution phase.
    Last edited by Veriu; 2011-03-31 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Hello guys,
    i have no problems with my DPS in general, but i have some questions.
    For the gem the priority is [brilliant inferno ruby] unless the bonus gem is 20 int?
    IS possible with this tier, break the 30% haste for the extra immolate tick? (full buffed: dark intent + wrath)
    thanks a lot any suggestion with my gear, gem enchant is more than wellcome
    Issue i'm already aware of:
    -bracer wrong enchant

this is my armory:i can't post link so... DUNEDAINS, runetotem, inner sanctum