Page 43 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi there,
    I'm currently a level 70 Destruction Warlock. In dungeons i do about 500DPS and never crit over 4.5k.
    If anyone could take a look at my talents and gear and tell me what is wrong it would be appreciated.
    Casting: Immolate>Conflag>Incinerate>Incinerate>Chaos Bolt.

Can't post links but my name/realm is: Name: Flipflops / Realm: Frostmourne / Level 70 / Orc Warlock.
    ( /wow/en/character/frostmourne/flipflops/simple )
    Last edited by Aqutic; 2011-04-03 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqutic View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm currently a level 70 Destruction Warlock. In dungeons i do about 500DPS and never crit over 4.5k.
    If anyone could take a look at my talents and gear and tell me what is wrong it would be appreciated.
    Casting: Immolate>Conflag>Incinerate>Incinerate>Chaos Bolt.

Can't post links but my name/realm is: Name: Flipflops / Realm: Frostmourne / Level 70 / Orc Warlock.
    ( /wow/en/character/frostmourne/flipflops/simple )
    For one, you have 0 glyphs.

And think about something. You specced into improve soulfire, but you don't use soulfire? Make sure to keep the improved soulfire buff up (8% haste). Use COE if no one is providing the 8% debuff. Cast Immolate, Bane of Agony/Doom, Conflag, Corruption, Chaos bolt, then incinerate spam.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamekiller View Post
    For one, you have 0 glyphs.

And think about something. You specced into improve soulfire, but you don't use soulfire? Make sure to keep the improved soulfire buff up (8% haste). Use COE if no one is providing the 8% debuff. Cast Immolate, Bane of Agony/Doom, Conflag, Corruption, Chaos bolt, then incinerate spam.
    Thank's alot for that. I'll see what i can do.

hello guys here is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../suzu/advanced
    and 2 parse from this week raid
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...=10583&e=11170
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=3920&e=4440
    my dps isnt that bad but i feel i can do abit more
    i would really appreciate tips for rotation and how to manage multi dotting

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    hello guys here is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../suzu/advanced
    and 2 parse from this week raid
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...=10583&e=11170
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=3920&e=4440
    my dps isnt that bad but i feel i can do abit more
    i would really appreciate tips for rotation and how to manage multi dotting
    band of secret names: crit -> hit, not haste -> hit
    nether protection is better than aftermath

Antram: your dot uptimes seem a little low...corruption & BoD are instant cast, so you should have them up for more than 80% or 70%. 87% on immolate isn't bad, but watch that one and use fel flame to keep that up. 60% on ISF isn't bad for antram, it's a pain to keep that up during air phase.

Maloriak: I haven't ever done maloriak as demo, so am not sure about how your % of damages look, but I'd say 60-70% dot uptimes are a little low...I could be wrong though, I am assuming your not refreshing the dots during green phase due to aoeing, though remember that maloriak takes extra damage in that phase as well, so if possible take a GCD or two to refresh those dots for a little extra DPS on him.

looking at your dps, i'd say they seem ok...except for antram, you should be able to pull much higher than that. I have about the same gear as you do (I'm ilvl 367). Your dps is different from mine (I raid affliction, so some fights I'm higher than you, some below)...but antram I pull at least 21k, whereas your just above 17k. ...ah, you died. that explains it. Try not to die dieing is bad mmkay?

Deleted
    Hi, so I have recently joined a new guild where we have been trying Omnotron Heroic on 10 man. A couple of questions specific to this fight:

- I have been playing affliction, but I am wondering if I am really better off as destruction?
    - If I am supposed to stay as affliction, any ideas to how I can quickly burst down the poison bombs?
    - Here are two combat logs from the fights (can't post links, but append this to the World of Logs path):
    /reports/rt-juyeqmtttp5zpdht/
    /reports/rt-y4pi92qz48cpdr1k/
    As I see it, my dps is neither terrible nor great. My main issue, is really the amount of damage taken. Any tips with regards to how I can improve either of them?

Regarding my gear in general:
    This is my armoury /wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Malvin/simple (again, append this to the EU armory path). In addition to the trinkets I have equipped, I also have Theralion's Mirror, Bell of Enraging Resonance and the Alch trinket available.

- I am wondering if it is worth it to buy the leg and hands tier pieces? Any thoughts on this?
    - Any glaring mistakes with regards to gemming, reforging or choice of trinkets?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Steakandeggs View Post
    my dps seems to be very low and i don't know why us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/steak/simple

worldoflogs.com/reports/vch7m7jkmtiju7pf/analyze/dd/source/?s=2942&e=3358

it seems like the other affic locks in my guild always bet me on everyfight and i don't get it Destruction is better then affic

What am i doing wrong?Is it that im not getting off more caste then the other locks or what?Or it is my gear?
    honestly destro is a bit difficult to keep up with especially if you are new and playing it can sometimes feel like you are playing whack-a-mole game. i reccomend you get an addon called PowerAuras. it is very usefull in terms of visually helping you keep track of your skills and dots. Since programming it can be somewhat challenging i copied some basic auras from my lock and pasted them for you

here are the commands. enter them one at a time in the [import] tab (reffer to the screen shot if confused)

This command will help you visually see when your Improved soul fire is not on the target. The timer on the bottom helps you keep track of how long you have left till the buff falls off (the way i have it set up requires two separate power auras so be sure to make a new "import" for each one) i made them differnt colors so you can tell which command compiles each aura

Version:4.17; g:0; icon:Spell_Fire_Fireball02; buffname:Improved Soul Fire; r:0.7961; texture:6; combat:true; size:1.03; inverse:true

Version:4.17; g:0; icon:Spell_Fire_Fireball02; buffname:Improved Soul Fire; r:0.9412; texture:6; alpha:1; mine:true; textaura:true; combat:true; size:0.68; texmode:2; timer.h:2.06; timer.UpdatePing:true; timer.Textureigital; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; timer.Transparent:true

The following commands will help you keep track of your important dots and cooldowns

Version:4.17; target:true; icon:Spell_Shadow_AuraOfDarkness; buffname:bane of doom; x:-159; bufftype:2; alpha:0.85; owntex:true; mine:true; combat:true; size:0.2; y:-250; texmode:2; timer.b:0.1333; timer.h:1.5; timer.UpdatePing:true; timer.enabled:true; timer.r:0; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; timer.Transparent:true

Version:4.17; target:true; icon:Spell_Shadow_AbominationExplosion; buffname:Corruption; x:-103; bufftype:2; owntex:true; mine:true; combat:true; size:0.2; y:-250; texmode:2; timer.h:1.5; timer.UpdatePing:true; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; timer.Transparent:true

Version:4.17; icon:Ability_Warlock_ChaosBolt; buffname:Chaos Bolt; x:70; bufftype:15; alpha:1; owntex:true; combat:true; size:0.2; y:-250; timer.b:0.1765; timer.g:0.0667; timer.h:1.5; timer.UpdatePing:true; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; timer.Transparent:true; timer.UseOwnColor:true

Version:4.17; icon:Spell_Fire_Fireball; buffname:Conflagrate; x:126; bufftype:15; alpha:1; owntex:true; combat:true; size:0.2; y:-250; timer.h:1.5; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; timer.Transparent:true

Version:4.17; target:true; icon:Spell_Fire_Immolation; buffname:immolate; x:-45; bufftype:2; alpha:1; owntex:true; mine:true; combat:true; size:0.2; y:-250; texmode:2; timer.h:1.5; timer.UpdatePing:true; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; timer.Transparent:true

also if it hasnt been mentioned before read up on your spec in EJ forums. this is the link to destro

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t111390-...d/#Dark_Intent

dont get discouraged, learning is a process
    (ps if you are not keybinding your keys and using your mouse to click on them, then thats 95% of your problem right there)

Quote Originally Posted by Steakandeggs View Post
    my dps seems to be very low and i don't know why us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/steak/simple

worldoflogs.com/reports/vch7m7jkmtiju7pf/analyze/dd/source/?s=2942&e=3358

it seems like the other affic locks in my guild always bet me on everyfight and i don't get it Destruction is better then affic

What am i doing wrong?Is it that im not getting off more caste then the other locks or what?Or it is my gear?
    Would also just like to point out, your fellow warlock friends, are also at the haste threshold where immolate ticks an extra tick, so as destruction, even will the minor Hit loss, conflags + immolate is hitting much harder for them,
    Also UA runs of the same haste scaling as Immolate, + BoA/D ticks 1more at 2489 haste (non goblin)
    www.scrubbusters.com/ Currently World 12th 6/6hc
    ★★★twitch.tv/hyperia★★★ - Weekly raiding blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    band of secret names: crit -> hit, not haste -> hit
    nether protection is better than aftermath

Antram: your dot uptimes seem a little low...corruption & BoD are instant cast, so you should have them up for more than 80% or 70%. 87% on immolate isn't bad, but watch that one and use fel flame to keep that up. 60% on ISF isn't bad for antram, it's a pain to keep that up during air phase.

Maloriak: I haven't ever done maloriak as demo, so am not sure about how your % of damages look, but I'd say 60-70% dot uptimes are a little low...I could be wrong though, I am assuming your not refreshing the dots during green phase due to aoeing, though remember that maloriak takes extra damage in that phase as well, so if possible take a GCD or two to refresh those dots for a little extra DPS on him.

looking at your dps, i'd say they seem ok...except for antram, you should be able to pull much higher than that. I have about the same gear as you do (I'm ilvl 367). Your dps is different from mine (I raid affliction, so some fights I'm higher than you, some below)...but antram I pull at least 21k, whereas your just above 17k. ...ah, you died. that explains it. Try not to die dieing is bad mmkay?
    ye as u said i died and it wasnt that good try on that boss
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=3459&e=3863 is a better attempt where all my dots had 90+ uptime
    also thx for the advice i remade my ui and hopefully i can manage dots better

Quote Originally Posted by ceyara View Post
    Would also just like to point out, your fellow warlock friends, are also at the haste threshold where immolate ticks an extra tick, so as destruction, even will the minor Hit loss, conflags + immolate is hitting much harder for them,
    Also UA runs of the same haste scaling as Immolate, + BoA/D ticks 1more at 2489 haste (non goblin)
    BoD isn't affected by haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    BoD isn't affected by haste.
    this... if the tool tip tells you the exact time something will tick then haste wont help. however be sure to refresh your BoD at around 14 seconds to get the most of it

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rabee/advanced
    I feel like my dps is a little low, I follow standard rotation, keep up my improved soulfire, anything off? Oh and Destro is my raiding spec.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...e/?s=290&e=510
    There is the guilds BH run. On a standstill fight i should be blowing up that boss a little better yeah?
    No Signature. Seriously. None.

Deleted
    Calling all decent demo warlocks!

So basically the guild I have just joined just killed Maloriak Heroic.. after numerous tries, and although I was second on the dps metres, I was very disappointed with my overall edps. In order to get ranked you need dps of 32.8k and mine was a 25.5k, miles off the ranked players, which makes me feel like I've failed some how.

I was wondering if some of you guys could tell me what I'm doing wrong?.. or is it mainly due to my lack of heroic gear (0 pieces, 1 blue), or do you think it is due to the fact it's the first time I have killed the boss?
    In single target sections of the fight I was soul shard summoning a Succubus and hardcasting a Felguard 9 seconds or so before the green phase, is this a dps loss? As I found it would help me overtake the other warlock that often out dpsed me on the aoe stages.

Let me know, here's my gear: EU / Estasi / Draenor - in case I can't link. (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stasi/advanced)
    and WoL:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13719&e=14351

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Estasi View Post
    Calling all decent demo warlocks!

So basically the guild I have just joined just killed Maloriak Heroic.. after numerous tries, and although I was second on the dps metres, I was very disappointed with my overall edps. In order to get ranked you need dps of 32.8k and mine was a 25.5k, miles off the ranked players, which makes me feel like I've failed some how.

I was wondering if some of you guys could tell me what I'm doing wrong?.. or is it mainly due to my lack of heroic gear (0 pieces, 1 blue), or do you think it is due to the fact it's the first time I have killed the boss?
    In single target sections of the fight I was soul shard summoning a Succubus and hardcasting a Felguard 9 seconds or so before the green phase, is this a dps loss? As I found it would help me overtake the other warlock that often out dpsed me on the aoe stages.

Let me know, here's my gear: EU / Estasi / Draenor - in case I can't link. (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stasi/advanced)
    and WoL:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13719&e=14351
    When you're talking about rankings you're comparing yourself to people who both have experience and better gear as well as having their best run probably consist of less to no iceblocks, grabbing shards from adds (often luck to get a drain in just before an add dies), and no doubt some luck with 4t11 procs.

In other words, do the fight a few times and if you don't improve much simply on gear and timing we might help a bit better.

If you're going to do pet switching, don't hard cast but always soulburn them in. Hardcasting is basically 9 seconds of 0 dps, a huge hit if you're trying for max damage. You can grab fresh shards from adds.

Also are you sure another warlock outdpsed you on AoE stages? The logs show differently, with you topping them by a fair amount each phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    When you're talking about rankings you're comparing yourself to people who both have experience and better gear as well as having their best run probably consist of less to no iceblocks, grabbing shards from adds (often luck to get a drain in just before an add dies), and no doubt some luck with 4t11 procs.

In other words, do the fight a few times and if you don't improve much simply on gear and timing we might help a bit better.

If you're going to do pet switching, don't hard cast but always soulburn them in. Hardcasting is basically 9 seconds of 0 dps, a huge hit if you're trying for max damage. You can grab fresh shards from adds.

Also are you sure another warlock outdpsed you on AoE stages? The logs show differently, with you topping them by a fair amount each phase.
    I think I just assumed he was out dpsing me on the aoe stages as he always had more damage done every time from Hellfire. I don't know why i hadn't been Soul Draining in the fight for more soul shards, thanks for bringing it to my attention and I definitely won't be hardcasting in future stages. I think that will definitely improve my dps. Thanks a lot.

ok so im in a 10m guild currently running prot pally/blood dk, dis priest/holy pally/ resto druid, 2 fire mages, 2 unholy dks and then me a demo lock to buff all theese little bastards. i play the spec fairly well i dont let HoG fall off and i keep bane up 100% of the time im pulling roughly 18k on single target fights and 22k on aoe fights via multidotting, but i cant help feel like i should be squeezing more out please review my spec and gear and tell me if you see anything i could / should be doing differently. ty ver much in advance.

im not yet able to post links for some reason... but my toon name is thedotfather on grizzly hills in the guild prototype.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brighteyes44 View Post
    ok so im in a 10m guild currently running prot pally/blood dk, dis priest/holy pally/ resto druid, 2 fire mages, 2 unholy dks and then me a demo lock to buff all theese little bastards. i play the spec fairly well i dont let HoG fall off and i keep bane up 100% of the time im pulling roughly 18k on single target fights and 22k on aoe fights via multidotting, but i cant help feel like i should be squeezing more out please review my spec and gear and tell me if you see anything i could / should be doing differently. ty ver much in advance.

im not yet able to post links for some reason... but my toon name is thedotfather on grizzly hills in the guild prototype.
    If you have 2 mages, why would you be demo? Also, you can link without typing "http://www."-part.

Hello All,

I'm looking for some help to Min/Max my toon... I've got a good collection of gear so far and what I believe to be well min/max'd my hit is .05% (6 hit points) off from an even 17%... my random stat rings doesn't show that but it’s the same stats as my other ring FYI.... How can I improve my DPS to break through to 25k range… it’s seems as if I’m topping out at 20kish…

With hero/time I can get to about 28k but then I fall off when it drops just like everyone else back to my normal DPS range… Stat of DPS has my class/spec doing almost 7k -10k more than me... What can I do to improve here is my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elock/advanced

Also what’s the outcome of the 4set is it worth it? And if so what four items would you get…

I’m thinking I should trade in my t11 Hands for my t11 Pants to keep the 2set and get the rep hands

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killadrewid View Post
    Hello All,

I'm looking for some help to Min/Max my toon... I've got a good collection of gear so far and what I believe to be well min/max'd my hit is .05% (6 hit points) off from an even 17%... my random stat rings doesn't show that but it’s the same stats as my other ring FYI.... How can I improve my DPS to break through to 25k range… it’s seems as if I’m topping out at 20kish…

With hero/time I can get to about 28k but then I fall off when it drops just like everyone else back to my normal DPS range… Stat of DPS has my class/spec doing almost 7k -10k more than me... What can I do to improve here is my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elock/advanced

Also what’s the outcome of the 4set is it worth it? And if so what four items would you get…

I’m thinking I should trade in my t11 Hands for my t11 Pants to keep the 2set and get the rep hands
    Most of the time dps is mostly determined by how you play. Logs are great for that.
    Also, 28k with heroism.. then back to 20k when? on what fight or fights? Again, logs help.

For gearing choices, yeah t11 gloves is not great. 4t11 is a nice effect, but very random and only worth a 150 or so dps on average. Go for it when you can, but if youça get 4t11 yet stick with better items in those slots. Especially gloves are just badly itemized and I wore the rep ones till I got Cho'gal gloves.

For gemming and enchants, Int is basically king. Try to get all gems and enchants to int as much as possible.
    In theory int is even worth more then hitrating, though personally I dislike not being hitcapped. But that doesn't mean you shouldnt aim for gemming pure int everywhere (except where the socketbonus also gives int) and enchant int as well (ie. bracers).

Hello,

I'm a destruction warlock struggling to dps (max 7k) in heroics. I've read the EJ guide and uses that spell priority list. I've gemmed and enchanted what I can. (just recently got the shoulder piece and didn't gem it yet).

Here is my armory link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...guilmon/simple

I've recorded combat logs for two things, one is on a raid dummy and one is for the bosses of Halls of Origination. I didn't know if I recorded correctly(dps is too high and differs by alot from the recount numbers) but I tried to do what you said in the first post.

link for the raid test dummy:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4c5luk9twpdp9271/

link for Halls of Origination:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rhr4g4gtj5axkc53/

I have screenshots of recount,
    test dummy and Halls of Origination:
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/7946/recount2.png
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/285...tscreensho.png

I am quite confused right now since I try very hard but still can only pull 7k dps max. I must be doing something terribly wrong.
    Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Guil