Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You're probably looking at your ranged or melee stats in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buckoo View Post
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gilneas/Buckoo/simple

i think thats right, not sure but in game is shows me hit cap, but on website it shows me am not so not sure
    Always watch /advanced (You can click it right top, or simply add it in the URL), that way you can see your reforges easier (I also suggested it, but meh.. still not ingame). Armory didn't update yet (relog should do that trick),

yea i did relog, still didnt fix it, but in game i am hit capped, 17.09%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buckoo View Post
    yea i did relog, still didnt fix it, but in game i am hit capped, 17.09%
    At the SPELLS-part, yes? Not the ranged as said before.

yes at the spell part

Armory does not seem to pick up your second ring enchant, which is why it's showing less hit than your character sheet in game.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/Dawnsrevenge/simple

HALP! lol

I will endeavor to get a logfile to post. Her dps is so strange, it will go to like 15-16k on 5-man bosses, then next random dungeon my dps will be under 10k and I will be doing nothing different. I don't understand it. I try to time cd's with lust/warp, but even without those I can get 14-15k on bosses in a 5-man but then ... *poof* my dps is terrible on the next boss. Does latency really affect Globals so much? I'm usually about 200-400ms latency in game, while on a 5-man. Suggestions and feedback are greatfully appreciated. Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo, affliction or Destro?
    Reading up on these forums I see that Destro seems to actually be the lowest dps, which I never knew before mainly because my guilds lock is destro 90% of the time.

So that leaves Affliction and Demo for me to chose between, which one is the more accepted spec? I assume Affliction, I'd spec it right away but if the dps difference is minimal I'd probably prefer to be demo if thats as viable to raid with, just because I've been demo from 1-85 bar maybe 4 levels of destruction, so basicly I have never once specd or looked up Affliction xD

To put it into a short question, how viable are the 3 specs in raids compared with each other, specifically demo or affliction. (and also what spec do you think pulls the most in ZA/ZG runs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Demo, affliction or Destro?
    Reading up on these forums I see that Destro seems to actually be the lowest dps, which I never knew before mainly because my guilds lock is destro 90% of the time.

So that leaves Affliction and Demo for me to chose between, which one is the more accepted spec? I assume Affliction, I'd spec it right away but if the dps difference is minimal I'd probably prefer to be demo if thats as viable to raid with, just because I've been demo from 1-85 bar maybe 4 levels of destruction, so basicly I have never once specd or looked up Affliction xD

To put it into a short question, how viable are the 3 specs in raids compared with each other, specifically demo or affliction. (and also what spec do you think pulls the most in ZA/ZG runs)
    Destruction is generally bad, apart from Beth'tilac. Demonology is the buff specc, but actually can put through some nice damage, when played correctly. If you are lucky / good in timing of proccs, you find Demon to be superior to affliction (atleast, that's my experience). Apart from that, Affliction will stay top specc, but with a lesser margin to demonology then it is to destruction.

You could always check out the post I've made yesterday, "Demonology in Firelands"

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RabidPolarBehr View Post
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/Dawnsrevenge/simple

HALP! lol

I will endeavor to get a logfile to post. Her dps is so strange, it will go to like 15-16k on 5-man bosses, then next random dungeon my dps will be under 10k and I will be doing nothing different. I don't understand it. I try to time cd's with lust/warp, but even without those I can get 14-15k on bosses in a 5-man but then ... *poof* my dps is terrible on the next boss. Does latency really affect Globals so much? I'm usually about 200-400ms latency in game, while on a 5-man. Suggestions and feedback are greatfully appreciated. Cheers!
    Your gemming is genrally correct(apart from a few things here and there). Never reforge to crit tho. Further we really need logs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help =)found that to be very informative on demos in Firelands, my lock probably won't be ready to go into firelands for another 6ilevels or so though.

Just did my first raid, a BH 10man and was still 17.2k at end of fight, peaked something over 20k was quite fun, though I screwed up a few times (let immolate fall of boss during add phase, could have saved it but not use to teleporting back to my spot and ran back every time xD)

One more thing I'm uncertain for Demo (prob gonna play Demo MS and keep an Afflic or destro OS for certain fights) is the pets, as I understand it for AoE fights Felgaurd for single target felhunter, but to what extent. I'm thinking of fights like Maloriak or even Magmaw, on Maloriak there is a dps adds part but it doesn't last very long, is that still an overall dps gain? and how big do you think the dps difference single target between the pets is? Is it pretty much a case of if at any point in the fight you need to aoe, use felgaurd, if not use felhunter?

EDIT: Also one reason I think demo>Afflic dps for me is I'm prone to getting a high MS on occasion and I think Afflic can suffer from high MS, more so than the other specs I mean, is that correct?
    Last edited by Anakso; 2011-08-06 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help =)found that to be very informative on demos in Firelands, my lock probably won't be ready to go into firelands for another 6ilevels or so though.

Just did my first raid, a BH 10man and was still 17.2k at end of fight, peaked something over 20k was quite fun, though I screwed up a few times (let immolate fall of boss during add phase, could have saved it but not use to teleporting back to my spot and ran back every time xD)

One more thing I'm uncertain for Demo (prob gonna play Demo MS and keep an Afflic or destro OS for certain fights) is the pets, as I understand it for AoE fights Felgaurd for single target felhunter, but to what extent. I'm thinking of fights like Maloriak or even Magmaw, on Maloriak there is a dps adds part but it doesn't last very long, is that still an overall dps gain? and how big do you think the dps difference single target between the pets is? Is it pretty much a case of if at any point in the fight you need to aoe, use felgaurd, if not use felhunter?

EDIT: Also one reason I think demo>Afflic dps for me is I'm prone to getting a high MS on occasion and I think Afflic can suffer from high MS, more so than the other specs I mean, is that correct?
    On fights like maloriak you can basicly start w/ felguard, use demoform + cds + demon soul: felguard and then soulburn a felhunter. Once you get to green phase, soulburn felguard > aoe> hardcast felpuppy again. Rinse and repeat. If you're lazy, you can just run with FG on default, won't make that much of a difference, and it's not like you will wipe on an enrage either.

On magmaw, stick with felguard. Omnitron, Chimaeron and Nef go with Puppy, feel free to take out FG for the Demon Soul (read EJ / other topic all about it).

I don't get how you can let Immolate fall off tho, you do keep HoG on CD yes? It's not like you spent 30 sec on aoein those adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just not use to demo rotation yet I think, was using HoG on CD as best I could but may have forgotten about it when adds were about to come up.

Thanks for your help though =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amati View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced
    World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/135907/

I have noticed a substantial performance/dps loss over the last 2 weeks and I can't determine what I'm doing wrong. The only thing I can think of is I don't BT enough. Any help would be appreciated.
    These are the warlock forums.

Just not use to demo rotation yet I think, was using HoG on CD as best I could but may have forgotten about it when adds were about to come up.

Thanks for your help though =)
    Keep it up either way, sure you'll get there.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    These are the warlock forums.
    Whoops.

Pretty general but important question here:

I know that we're supposed to refresh our dots between the next-to-last and last ticks, and also in general we should always be casting something, but I'm having a pretty hard time finding a good sweet spot for Unstable Affliction -- it's my lowest uptime on all my dots. The time I need to refresh it simply always falls in the middle of a shadowbolt cast.

Should I hold off and stand there for a second not casting so I can refresh UA at the optimal time, or should I continually cast my filler and refresh UA first chance ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Pretty general but important question here:

I know that we're supposed to refresh our dots between the next-to-last and last ticks, and also in general we should always be casting something, but I'm having a pretty hard time finding a good sweet spot for Unstable Affliction -- it's my lowest uptime on all my dots. The time I need to refresh it simply always falls in the middle of a shadowbolt cast.

Should I hold off and stand there for a second not casting so I can refresh UA at the optimal time, or should I continually cast my filler and refresh UA first chance ?
    With a bit of haste your UA probably has a tick frequency of about 2.5 seconds, your UA should then have 1-1.2 sec cast time. As long as you start casting sometime between 3.5 sec and 1.3 sec remaining your UA will hit when it should. That's 2.2 second window where you can cast UA, while your shadow bolt should be around 2-2.1 sec cast. So even if you just cast SB right as you could start casting UA, you will still have time after the shadow bolt. You should always be casting and unless you have to move at the time of refreshing, you shouldn't have any problems as long as you watch you timers and plan ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    With a bit of haste your UA probably has a tick frequency of about 2.5 seconds, your UA should then have 1-1.2 sec cast time. As long as you start casting sometime between 3.5 sec and 1.3 sec remaining your UA will hit when it should. That's 2.2 second window where you can cast UA, while your shadow bolt should be around 2-2.1 sec cast. So even if you just cast SB right as you could start casting UA, you will still have time after the shadow bolt. You should always be casting and unless you have to move at the time of refreshing, you shouldn't have any problems as long as you watch you timers and plan ahead.
    Instead of timers I have Power Auras set up to let me know when it's time to refresh (I have them pop up a little bit beforehand in case, say, I'm in the middle of a cast). I'll try adjusting when my aura pops up and see if that helps my uptime without having me refresh at the wrong time. Thanks.

I think maybe my problem was that I've been adjusting my timers based on testing on the target dummy when I don't have a full complement of haste buffage. Feel rather derpy to not have considered this before.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

erm i would love to have some good advice in how to improve my dps..but for 1st currently i having 1 blue wrist equip...plan to get from majordomo for the epic but hell he does not show any drop regarding it...so this will be my details

armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Dokuganryu/advanced
    world of logs baleroc 10m : worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rhk7wx9yl0xakugh/details/4/?s=8456&e=8761

i am not sure is this the way to link my logs but please correct me if i were wrong.. and yea i am doing shard tanking duty as well.
    Last edited by intothefantasy; 2011-08-07 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by intothefantasy View Post
    erm i would love to have some good advice in how to improve my dps..but for 1st currently i having 1 blue wrist equip...plan to get from majordomo for the epic but hell he does not show any drop regarding it...so this will be my details

armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Dokuganryu/advanced
    world of logs baleroc 10m : worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rhk7wx9yl0xakugh/details/4/?s=8456&e=8761

i am not sure is this the way to link my logs but please correct me if i were wrong.. and yea i am doing shard tanking duty as well.
    Don't reforge to crit, don't reforge hit away when you need it. Enchant chest and current wrist, or even better: Get the VP one.

Gonna go through logs later, if somebody havent yet. Tired now

Been stuck playing priest in raids lately. Is a log of a 5 man ok ?