Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyputty View Post
    I have been doing Bane of Doom wrong for a long time. That being said does anyone know of an addon that will track your Spell Power in real time?
    No idea. Try the main forum?

Deleted
    afaik TinyCasterStats can show the actual spelldmg... (haste,crit, aso)
    no idea if this one has been updated in the meantime or not...

Deleted
    Hi once again here is my armory in english sorry about that i didnt think about it
    ***.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/aggra-portugues/emaf.
    btw if i use my incinerate glyph when i am on raid i should just use incinerate instead of shadow bolt which spec is better incinerate or shado bolt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emaf View Post
    Hi once again here is my armory in english sorry about that i didnt think about it
    ***.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/aggra-portugues/emaf.
    btw if i use my incinerate glyph when i am on raid i should just use incinerate instead of shadow bolt which spec is better incinerate or shado bolt?
    Thanks, that makes it easier to tell. Which means I get to add more! There's more gem changes you need to make. We generally ignore +10 int socket bonuses and go for +40/50 int red gems. We always put +40/50 red in gems into prismatic sockets. Those things said, change the int/hit gem in your belt buckle socket to a pure int gem, and unless you just can't get 20 hit from your gear, change the int/hit gem in your belt socket to a pure int gem.

And still, change that gem in your back to a red int gem. We ALWAYS match red sockets with red gems. And change that trinket now. Get that CoC you had during Morchok back.

As for your question. No. No. No. 1000000 times no.

The incin spec was designed out of BiS gear for a single target, patchwork style fight for ~400 dps increase, with a chance for more. This being said, it is VERY gear and fight specific. It is only really valid on Ultrax (although this fight is already bugged for demo with not getting the HoG aura on Ultrax), Zon Normal, Zon HM IF your assignment is to sit on the boss/claw and no other adds, Hagara IF you stack in the middle for ice phase and sit on her in melee and get lucky procs, Yor (normal/HM) IF you're assigned to sit on Yor and not oozes,etc. Also, because it's gear specific, you would be simming it first to see if it's an increase at all at your gear setup, usually trinkets make or break it.

You are A) far from BiS gear, B) in need of much better demo trinkets, and C) progressing on fights where the stable Shadow Bolt spec is better for. Change that glyph to corruption, and stick with the shadow bolt spec

It is not a matter of which spec is better, it is a matter of which spec is appropriate to use.

We're currently on Madness (EZ mode) and are looking to pickup our DPS a little bit. I know basically nothing about playing a Warlock (am trying to learn), but try to help our guild with strategy. Can some of you guys who are skilled in the class please take a look at our most recent run (links are to the last couple of individual runs):
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/xv2p2...?s=6634&e=7247
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/xv2p2...?s=5645&e=6252
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/xv2p2...?s=4085&e=4964

And offer tips as to how to up our Lock's output?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Not sure if it's just me, but those logs worked in your original thread but not in this one.

Here are the correct, functioning ones:

Now, throughout these attempts, it's important to notice that the people dying ahead of the last man standing will have lower uptime on dots etc, just because they were dead for a portion of that fight. However, with that said, the absolute main thing that this warlock needs to improve in is tracking his Improved Soul Fire buff and keeping his dots up closer to 100% uptime.

First log:
    Immolate uptime of 60.6%
    Bane of Doom uptime of 60.2%
    Corruption uptime of 32.1%
    Improved Soul Fire (important buff) 52.7% uptime.

These all need to be miles higher, closer to 95% for this fight I would say.

I can also tell that he's not using Bane of Havoc, a perfect destruction-flavor spell which he should be using to put on whichever target he's not DPSing, be it tentacle or corruption. This basically adds 15% of his single target damage for the duration when two targets are up.

Neither is he using Shadowflame (more than once?), a spell with higher priority than the filler and as such should be used quite often.

I don't think I need to go through all of the logs to see what the problems are. Most likely he needs to find some proper addons to track his dots as well as his improved soul fire buff. His low DPS is just a result of not keeping enough uptime on things. No need to get into more advanced parts of destruction dps - he needs to fix this first!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the awesome advice! I can't believe I never enchanted my boots, I feel like such a nub right now. As for my DI target, I had a fire mage in both attempts that I DI'd. If I have one in my raid, I DI a fire mage first, Spriest, then resto druid, if I don't have one of those in my raid, I better raid some other time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perne View Post
    Thanks for the awesome advice! I can't believe I never enchanted my boots, I feel like such a nub right now. As for my DI target, I had a fire mage in both attempts that I DI'd. If I have one in my raid, I DI a fire mage first, Spriest, then resto druid, if I don't have one of those in my raid, I better raid some other time.
    Spriests > fire mages for DI targets. But at the same time, quoting from the DI Mechanic thread:

We will (should) pick our targets based on personal gain and the needs of the raid. This means picking the best target (inclusive of skill) for DPS or Healing, whichever is required. Hell, we may even pick a tank to increase aoe threat maintenance.
    If you're looking at a baddie spriest and goodie fire mage, the fire mage would be the obvious choice. If they're of equal skill/dps, the spriest would usually come first.

As for other DI targets, I found our hunter to be good at times, forget what spec MM or Surv. Boomkins are nice too. Here's a list of best targets to DI for raid or personal rankings http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t112939-...e/#Dark_Intent

As you see, fire mages are second on raid gain but like 6th on personal. It's a balancing act between helping the raid and helping yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Jenl View Post
    We're currently on Madness (EZ mode) and are looking to pickup our DPS a little bit. I know basically nothing about playing a Warlock (am trying to learn), but try to help our guild with strategy. Can some of you guys who are skilled in the class please take a look at our most recent run (links are to the last couple of individual runs):

And offer tips as to how to up our Lock's output?

Thanks!
    In addition to what Ignominious posted, arguably the most important thing (next to ISF uptime) is your lock not hitting his Conflagrate on CD. In 14:38, he has 47 Conflagrates, going almost 19 seconds between each one. I'm not a top-tier Destro lock, but in a pug last night I had 66 Conflagrates in 11:48. Considering Conflag is on an 8 second CD, there's huge improvement to be had here (in my case as well).

That DI post in EJ hasn't been updated for the fire mage nerfs. They're just behind survival hunters now. In short, they're probably never going to get DI as long as you're playing your class right or everyone else who you could give it to is horrible.

The most recent up-to-date, accurate list I've found is here: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1202
    Last edited by gakpad; 2012-03-06 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a log or whatever, but I was only pulling 35k on madness, 10 man normal, and I couldn't get it up to save my life. I am at a ilvl of 385, play destro. My dps has ALWAYS been lower than other warlocks, well since 4.0... back in 3.3 I could beat a warlock with a gs of 6000 with a gs of 5000, I could play wrath locks like the shit. but I cannot play a cata warlock, I don't feel like my rotation is fucked up. So I can't figure it out, but it has totally turned me off to raiding with my warlock. I pull 60k in LFR if that helps *Shrug*

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Roahn/advanced * * here is my char, I know I haven't gemmed with the expensive gems or enchanted, but that's because after FL I stopped bothering because no matter what I tired I couldn't get it
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I don't have a log or whatever, but I was only pulling 35k on madness, 10 man normal, and I couldn't get it up to save my life. I am at a ilvl of 385, play destro. My dps has ALWAYS been lower than other warlocks, well since 4.0... back in 3.3 I could beat a warlock with a gs of 6000 with a gs of 5000, I could play wrath locks like the shit. but I cannot play a cata warlock, I don't feel like my rotation is fucked up. So I can't figure it out, but it has totally turned me off to raiding with my warlock. I pull 60k in LFR if that helps *Shrug*

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Roahn/advanced * * here is my char, I know I haven't gemmed with the expensive gems or enchanted, but that's because after FL I stopped bothering because no matter what I tired I couldn't get it
    I'm assuming you're following (or working on following) all of the information on rotations in my stickied guide in my sig, so I'll stick to deathwing-specific things:

Keep BoH+CoE on an arm/tentacle on another platform at all times. Just make sure it doesn't get past 91% health.

Stand at the edge of most platforms and you can reach the other platform's arm/tentacle to multi-dot. Try to keep dots up on as many things that will live long enough for your dots to tick to their full duration as possible, with an emphasis on your raid's current target. For the sake of simplicity, immolate and corruption are your biggest priority, dropping BoA will be a very minor dps loss at the cost of simplifying your multidotting exponentially, which probably will end up improving your dps by giving you less things to keep track of anyway.

For bloods, start channeling a rain of fire a little bit on the way from where they're spawning to where they'll be going to get 1-2 ticks on each blood as soon as they spawn while the tank is running to position. Try and keep shadowflame off cooldown if you know bloods are going to spawn soon. Shadowfury them after a few ticks of rain of fire, use the GCD from shadowfury to move close enough to them to Shadowflame, shadowflame them, and rain of fire until they are dead.

You can pop doomguard twice (three times if your kill lasts more than 13 minutes) if you use it at the start of the fight and then on cooldown.

Make sure you're not forgetting ISF with all the hectic-ness of the fight and multidotting you have to keep track of. This is still your highest priority on this fight, as well as making sure to use conflag as close to cooldown as possible.

You can shadowflame almost everything in this fight so make sure you're using that as much as possible as well.

Try and get a log next time you do Madness and you can get a lot more specific advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    That DI post in EJ hasn't been updated for the fire mage nerfs. They're just behind survival hunters now. In short, they're probably never going to get DI as long as you're playing your class right or everyone else who you could give it to is horrible.

The most recent up-to-date, accurate list I've found is here: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1202
    I knew it wasn't completely updated, but forgot they got nerfed :x (Don't know how I forgot, spent about a week loling at our mage) Gracias on the info.

I've been playing my lock for a little bit now, messing around with the different specs, and have desided on destro. My only problem is I feel like I should be pulling more. Granted my gear is not the best, but I feel certain I have my rotation down yet can only do around 19-20k. If anybody has some suggestions, I'm open to anything. I don't have access to recount info at the moment >.> but armory is below.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...odflame/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflame View Post
    I've been playing my lock for a little bit now, messing around with the different specs, and have desided on destro. My only problem is I feel like I should be pulling more. Granted my gear is not the best, but I feel certain I have my rotation down yet can only do around 19-20k. If anybody has some suggestions, I'm open to anything. I don't have access to recount info at the moment >.> but armory is below.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...odflame/simple
    (You can't copy the link from the other thread like that, it makes the webadress "characte...odflame" where it was actually "character/earthen-ring/Bloodflame"! Here's the correct link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dflame /simple )

First of all, you're missing a lot of enchants. Just press "advanced" in the top right corner of your armory and it will show a red circled "!" wherever you're missing something. Secondly, you could gain quite a bit of DPS from having maxed-out "proper" professions; tailoring, enchanting, jewelcrafting etc.

Howver, the main thing that I see that's wrong with your current gear is that you're a whopping 2% under hit cap! The hit cap rating you should be aiming for is 1742 (17%), while you're only at 1541. Hit is by far your strongest secondary stat up to the cap at 1742 (after which point it becomes useless). Haste/crit/mastery values look allright. If you want to see how much haste or whatever you can squeeze out of a certain gear setup, I'd recommend using www.wowreforge.com ! If you also download a damage simulator, it can simulate for you just how much of a dps gain each 1 point in mastery/crit/haste is and you can then plug these values into the wowreforge motor for an optimized reforge.

You can download Simulationcraft here: http://www.simulationcraft.org/

If you want even further help, I'd suggest supplying some logs! Not much we can do if we can't see what rotation you're using. In any case, these suggestions should give you quite a chunk of things to do before that might be necessary.

GL HF!
    Last edited by mmoc93fbe456e8; 2012-03-07 at 02:07 PM.

Ah, forgot to reforge hit when I got that belt last night, I'll fix that later, i'll also see about getting some logs, can't really access them now though :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodflame View Post
    Ah, forgot to reforge hit when I got that belt last night, I'll fix that later, i'll also see about getting some logs, can't really access them now though :|
    I can see a whole nother thing you forgot to do switch glyphs from demonology to destruction!!

And don't worry about the logs, try and sort hitcap/glyphs/enchants out and then see where your DPS is at. If you still have a problem, ask for help again here

So I just came back to raiding a few weeks ago and did normals but now i'm back in my old guild who are progressing on heroics, so naturally I would like to get some advice on how to improve as I am playing Destruction now which I have never played before.

I'm not really sure how world of logs works but my raid leader logs the fights so I think this link will be the correct one, or I hope.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/136775/
    It will be tonight's raid (08-03 19:30) you will want to look at as I don't think I was present for the others.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fatex/advanced
    This is my armory link, obvious things to me are really crappy chest and ring
    The ring will be replaced as soon as I can get the 1k rep left on my hyjal rep for the 391 ring and the chest will be replaced not too soon I imagine as we're killing Ultra HC and as I'm new to the team the other pala/priest has prio over me.

Tonight I got the hands, helm, trinket and wrists, so on most of these logs I'll be in a bit worse gear (Raid finder tier Helm/Hands, Raid finder Will of Unbinding and Valor point wrists)
    So maybe those items will help me a bit next week, but try to imagine me with 3 less item level if you can.

Not sure what else is to be said, except I expect a lot to be wrong due to two factors.
    1. I'm new to destruction
    2. I'm new to the fights (especially the HC ones)

That's all I think, I am going to sleep after I make this post (probably will check back in an hour) so if I don't respond to any replies instantly or within a few hours that's why.
    Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Deleted
    Armory looks fine, although you're a tad over the theoretical 2681 haste cap (at which point haste loses value), this doesn't have to be the case for all players/gearsetups though.

Morchok - Looks fine, low uptime on bane of doom (70,3% only) and improved soul fire (85%) though. Didn't use doomguard...? Theoretical number of max conflagrates is 29, you got 25 so that's fine and dandy. You could most likely squeeze a few more shadowflame though. Only 11 shadowflames (12 sec cd, 233 sec long fight = 19 possible). I'm really just being picky though, everything looks quite fine.

Warlord Zon'ozz - only 5 shadowflames, could've gotten 10+. Only 85% improved soul fire. And you don't have dark intent up!

Yor'sahj - Only 70% uptime on immolate is a no-no, lots of dps loss here. ~70% on BoD as well. Mid 80% uptime on improved soul fire, needs to be higher.. And low uptime on dark intent, whoever got it on that fight wasn't optimal. Theoretical max conflagrates: 55! Actually used? 35! Quite hard on such a movement heavy, AoE heavy fight thought, but you should aim to use it as much as possible (not AoE phase tho).

Ultraxion - Too few shadowflames, you could've fit in almost twice as many (theoretically). Again only 85% improved soul fire uptime - this is your no1 spell, this needs to be as close as 100% as possible. 99% gained from DI, whoever you gave it to on ultraxion is the shiznit.

That's all I can muster. Overall it looks real nice, just some higiher ISF uptime/DoT uptimes and moar conflagrates/shadowflames if possible. Same as always really :P

GOODNIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    Armory looks fine, although you're a tad over the theoretical 2681 haste cap (at which point haste loses value), this doesn't have to be the case for all players/gearsetups though.

Morchok - Looks fine, low uptime on bane of doom (70,3% only) and improved soul fire (85%) though. Didn't use doomguard...? Theoretical number of max conflagrates is 29, you got 25 so that's fine and dandy. You could most likely squeeze a few more shadowflame though. Only 11 shadowflames (12 sec cd, 233 sec long fight = 19 possible). I'm really just being picky though, everything looks quite fine.

Warlord Zon'ozz - only 5 shadowflames, could've gotten 10+. Only 85% improved soul fire. And you don't have dark intent up!

Yor'sahj - Only 70% uptime on immolate is a no-no, lots of dps loss here. ~70% on BoD as well. Mid 80% uptime on improved soul fire, needs to be higher.. And low uptime on dark intent, whoever got it on that fight wasn't optimal. Theoretical max conflagrates: 55! Actually used? 35! Quite hard on such a movement heavy, AoE heavy fight thought, but you should aim to use it as much as possible (not AoE phase tho).

Ultraxion - Too few shadowflames, you could've fit in almost twice as many (theoretically). Again only 85% improved soul fire uptime - this is your no1 spell, this needs to be as close as 100% as possible. 99% gained from DI, whoever you gave it to on ultraxion is the shiznit.

That's all I can muster. Overall it looks real nice, just some higiher ISF uptime/DoT uptimes and moar conflagrates/shadowflames if possible. Same as always really :P

GOODNIGHT

Thanks for the reply first off.

Morchok - Yeh I completely forgot about doomguard, no idea what happened with BoD. I can remember missing a few conflag's as immo ran out as the earth thing came, probably be more aware of that next time.

Warlock Zon'ozz - Not sure how DI wasn't on as I put it up right before Morchok and we didn't wipe...Weird.

Yor'sajh - Only reasons I can think of low uptimes is due to running for the globules, which im still not good at :P

Ultraxion - Firs time i've done this fight hc, so was a little cautious with using my soul shard as I needed to keep them for the soaking or whatever of hour of twilight so that's maybe why my uptime is low as I was hardcasting it all the time basically.
    The person who I gave DI to was the same person who I gave it to on Yor'sajh, our surv hunter ;p

So as I had imagined a lot of this was due to my inexperience of destro and the fights, hopefully this improves as being bottom dps sucks ;D