Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    WoU. But make sure you're still attacking the amalg as he's exploding (after you resummon felguard if you are doing that method) to make sure you keep your 10 stacks going into the tendon. Stacks are refreshed on dot application (not ticks) so no need to worry about it falling off once you start hitting on it. Just need to make sure it stays up before the tendon pops.

Honestly, based on how you're progressing (I didn't look at your logs), unless you can master the timing of using MWC or if you're having problems on the second lift of each plate, BW/WoU is the better combo. Bottled Wishes is pretty much guaranteed to be up for each lift if you poppit as the amalg casts his explosion each time.

And doomguard only follows BoD/BoA, not anything else like incinerate.. It's in the tooltip. Whenever I log back on, I'll post my personal macros tendon dps just for you to compare to your own (doesn't mean mine is better, but it's always nice to see what others are doing and why, then deciding for yourself what to do)

@Ruckers Sorry for missing your other post, I will get back to this hopefully sometime tonight if not tomorrow.
    Thanks I'll give bottled wishes a go.

Just an FYI here are the macros I'm using:

Pre explosion I hit this macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast Demon Soul
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Immolation Aura
    /use 13

then Meta + doom guard

Just after explosion I hit Demon Leap or Teleport to get close then spam this one until I see Hand of Gul'dan come down:

/cleartarget
    /tar boss2
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /petattack
    /use 13
    /castsequence reset=18 Soulburn, Bane of Doom, Curse of the Elements, Incinerate, Immolate, Corruption, Summon Felhunter, Shadowflame, Hand of Gul'dan
    /cast Felstorm

After I see Hand of Gul'dan I spam Incinerate.
    Last edited by Bullarkie; 2012-04-24 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckers View Post
    hey Grace, i posted this comment on an older thread regarding heroic spine, but after a few days never got a response, so thought i'd post on main thread! Really appreciate some help when you have time. here's my post:

Thanks in advance,
    Ruckers

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 08:45 AM ----------

PS. My specific log if it wasn't obvious in the above post!

log: /reports/rt-ax4hmx4i59sx1mmo/details/7/

PPS. Specific question i forgot to ask in my original post: what exactly should i put up on spine for max dps? I'm not using BoA or BoD until thread plate, as i am saving my doomy for that one and the testdummies show i do more "burst" in 18 seconds by not casting BoA/BoD. really appreciate your comments.
    The fact you are desto is...kinda a big kicker. I see at best, average of 633k per lift over the fight. I can do that as demo without meta. A benefit of destro is pure raid survivability..which you're not utilizing to the fullest by only casting Nether Ward 6 times in a almost 13min fight. But we'll stick to destro only here.

First off. If anyone gives you crap about low dps in general, I will personally yell at them in vent/mumble/skype/phone call if I have to in order to beat in their head that warlocks are one of the, if not THE worst class for this fight. Our BEST burst spec still has just as long as a ramp up as the other three, and is highly dependent on RNG for getting meta on more than 3 of the 6 lifts (Unfortunately, the last few times, I've been stuck at only 4 metas per attempt/kill. But somehow still outdoing out hunter >.>). So from me to then, shut the hell up. ^^

That being said, there's being a bad class for the fight, and then being bad at playing the class and not doing all you can to make up for it, which is what we'll focus on. No excuses for the latter, even on this fight.

As for CDs, yes major ones you save for the tendon, but you can still use soulburn at least once, maybe twice (based on timings of everything) and still have it up for the lift, just make sure you do have it up for the lift.

You said you tried it with and without a macro, I would still use a macro. It highly minimizes error in your opening and gets you to the filler spamming faster. Because you are the only 8% magic debuff provider, you will have to waste a GCD on casting it. I would recommend a macro of something like...

Code:
    /cleartarget
    /targetexact Burning Tendons 
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /cast [target=target, exists] soulburn
    /cast [target=target, exists] Curse of the Elements 
    /petattack
    /castsequence reset=30 Demon Soul, Immolate, Bane of Agony, Conflagrate, Corruption, Demon Soul, Incinerate, incinerate, incinerate, chaos bolt, incinerate, incinerate
    Everything up to the /castsequence is exactly what I use, minues the CoE since we have an assass rogue. It clears the target, and the second you have a target (which should be the tendon because you shouldn't be targetting random things since the amalg just died and now you're waiting on it to appear) you cast 2 things, soulburn which is not on the GCD and CoE which is prio. Pet attacks instantly and will keep attacking it. As for the cast sequence, because you're destro, you want major conflags. but you need immo up, so I put it first. I put BoA over Corruption because on the first lift first plate and first lift last plate you'll have the doomguard waiting for a BoA/BoD target. Some use BoA, some use BoD. I think the "right" recommendation is BoD first lift, BoA second lift, but that requires either two macros or manually dotting, so personally I chose BoA. Then conflag, you're nuke. Then corruption, your improved spec dot, then you x3 incins, chaos bolt, then a couple more incinerates. My idea on the extra incinerates at the end is that it's a visual key to manually take over and use your own keybinds for incin/conflag/etc and not the macro.

I put Demon Soul first because its off the GCD, and since it won't matter beyond the 18s window, you want to get bonus crit for the initial immo hit rather than the usual waiting for the incinerate spam to pop it. This means you need to manually use Bottled Wishes, which is popped while the amalg is exploding to make sure it's up for each lift (unless you're being really slow on amalg dps, which is the killer for the length of the fight)

If you want to test this macro on a dummy, you have to change this target. BUT REMEMBER TO CHANGE IT BACK. I've forgotten to one too many times and you just get fucked over.

Another thing I noticed is only 1 doomguard use. You can get two if you pop it for the first lift first plate, and again for the first lift third plate. It does alot more than one thinks. And stat wise, probably be stacking a lot of haste, which you have over 3k (which is a lil overboard for normal destro fights, but not for this one).

Big thing I just noticed is that you let your WoU stacks fall off 3 times, which are the times just before the tendon lifts. Make sure you're still spamming something on the amalg to keep these stacks up going into the tendon.

Reading over the PPS questions. To make your DPS, you use doomguard twice. You're hitting an almost 13min fight, technically that's 3 uses of on CD, which means two uses of when you should pop it. Thinking about the BoA/BoD...the reason you cast it as demo is because it's an extra dot for the felhunter to chomp on (which by the way, my felhunter alone did 566k average on tendons, which is almost what you do :x, which goes back to demo being better, but trying to max destro here). I'm not sure if casting BoD/BoA on each lift is beneficial for you as destro. With that in mind, you can take it out of the macro and replace it with corruption...BUT you MUST and HAVE to put it up for the doomguard pops manually and not forget about it. If you can remember to do that, that might be the better route.

What really gets the fight moving and makes it easier, is your amalg dps. The faster that amalg goes down after the first plate, the faster you get to lift, the faster to roll, the faster and easier the fight goes. The longer you sit and wait for it to get low before killing bloods, the more tank and raid damage. As for amalg dps, you're #1 by a long shot for that 12:55 min try, which is the one I've been looking at this whole time. It is actually your ele sham that is slowing down your fight progression, doing 1mill less than the blood tank, and the Khatar only doing 1mil more than that tank isn't doing helping either. The fact you're taking so long to kill it, is what's causing your attempts to be 3min longer than ours (and we're only on our like...3rd kill). I mean, at the rate you're at, I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to use 2min CDs for each lift :x So if you want a comeback to why you're doing bad, link amalg dmg and say f*ck off.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Thanks I'll give bottled wishes a go.

Just an FYI here are the macros I'm using:

Pre explosion I hit this macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast Demon Soul
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Immolation Aura
    /use 13

then Meta + doom guard

Just after explosion I hit Demon Leap or Teleport to get close then spam this one until I see Hand of Gul'dan come down:

/cleartarget
    /tar boss2
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /petattack
    /use 13
    /castsequence reset=18 Soulburn, Bane of Doom, Curse of the Elements, Incinerate, Immolate, Corruption, Summon Felhunter, Shadowflame, Hand of Gul'dan
    /cast Felstorm

After I see Hand of Gul'dan I spam Incinerate.
    If you hit macro one before using meta, and never again, you're not activating immo aura..

Code:
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /petattack
    /castsequence reset=30 Corruption, Bane of Agony, Immolate, Hand of Gul'Dan, summon felhunter, shadowflame, incinerate, incinerate, incinerate
    This is what I use. I don't have to cast CoE. Personally, I don't believe demon leap is worth the GCD, and teleport definitely is not worth it, so I walk into melee range while casting the dots. You do want to cast HoG much sooner because of the debuff for your felhunter. I mean, I see mine crit bite for like 100k easy.. :x I use incinerate casting as my que for manual takeover.

But overall, ours are pretty much the same. I'm guessing the incin after CoE is for the SnF debuff? I honestly hadn't thought about that one, especially since it doesn't auto update on dots :x
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-04-25 at 12:07 AM.

So I am a little nervous to ask on here, but figured it couldn't hurt. I feel like my DPS isn't up to par. I run the raid group that I am in and I do well comparatively, however I just feel that it isn't what it should be. I don't really understand WOL, but I generally track my DPS via recount. I have a weak aura set up to remind me to keep ISF going so its uptime is USUALLY pretty good.

I am not a super hardcore raider so please don't beat me like I am. Any help would be appreciated.

My rotation is usually SB:ISF, COE, Bane of doom, Immo, corr, conflag, chaosbolt, spam incin as needed until something comes off CD (I try to do cor and BOD as I run in along with either COE or COW since we have two locks). I prio ISF>immo>Corr>BOD so if I hit a point where they all are running into each other I know what I am going for next. With movement I use Fel flame, but try to avoid it when I don't have to use it.

EDIT: I am a bit bad with demon soul but am working on keeping it up as much as possible.

Here is a link to our WOL.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tfgmbxkctwnadhg6/

Here is my armory. At the time I am posting this I am currently in my demo gear (offspec), but I will adjust this in about 3ish hours from now and should be in my proper gear then.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Oberoth/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Oberoth View Post
    So I am a little nervous to ask on here, but figured it couldn't hurt. I feel like my DPS isn't up to par. I run the raid group that I am in and I do well comparatively, however I just feel that it isn't what it should be. I don't really understand WOL, but I generally track my DPS via recount. I have a weak aura set up to remind me to keep ISF going so its uptime is USUALLY pretty good.

I am not a super hardcore raider so please don't beat me like I am. Any help would be appreciated.

My rotation is usually SB:ISF, COE, Bane of doom, Immo, corr, conflag, chaosbolt, spam incin as needed until something comes off CD (I try to do cor and BOD as I run in along with either COE or COW since we have two locks). I prio ISF>immo>Corr>BOD so if I hit a point where they all are running into each other I know what I am going for next. With movement I use Fel flame, but try to avoid it when I don't have to use it.

EDIT: I am a bit bad with demon soul but am working on keeping it up as much as possible.

Here is a link to our WOL.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tfgmbxkctwnadhg6/

Here is my armory. At the time I am posting this I am currently in my demo gear (offspec), but I will adjust this in about 3ish hours from now and should be in my proper gear then.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Oberoth/simple
    I know you're not in your Destro gear at the moment, but there are still a few things gear wise I'll mention before looking at logs:
    - No meta gem.
    - No belt buckle.
    - Missing 2 enchants.
    - Should gem purple in your belt. The socket bonus is +20 INT, so you'd be getting 20 free hit by gemming Veiled.

Of course, once you're in your Destro gear remember to hit 2681 haste.

I looked at your Ultraxion log (because I'm lazy), and while Ultraxion logs are always a little bit inaccurate, there are a few things right off the bat:

Uptimes can always improve (for most players, in general). For you: missing 7 seconds of Corruption, not that big a deal. Missing 13 seconds of Immolate, could be better. Missing 2 ticks of Bane of Doom, could be better yet again. Missing 36 seconds of ISF, definitely should improve there. Your Dark Intent uptime is really low - I see you cast it on the Shadow Priest, and I see his uptime being low too. Not sure if he did something wrong or if the logs are glitched.

Your conflagrate 'interval' is almost 10 seconds. Try to get that as close to 8 as possible. If you can do that, you will have around 6 more Conflagrates for the same fight length.

As for Demon Soul, Demon Soul:Imp is really weak, so it's been my understanding that you can just macro it to Incinerate and the difference in performance should be minimal from activating it separately. It doesn't work on Immolate, Corruption, Bane, Conflag, so...

Finally, remember to line up INT/SP buffs and Velocity with your Doomguard.

After all of this, the most important things to work on for improving on Destruction is lining up buffs with Immolate/Bane, getting 2 Conflags off on buffed Immolates, and not clipping buffed Banes. As such, your Soulburn times shouldn't be very very low (which indicates that you always just Soulburn->SF instantly). Sometimes you'll Soulburn just to buff your immolate, and then somewhere down the line use it to refresh SF (since SB has a 15s duration). I don't know if you do that because I haven't studied your logs extensively. But if you didn't think about it before, it's something to think about in the future.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    But overall, ours are pretty much the same. I'm guessing the incin after CoE is for the SnF debuff? I honestly hadn't thought about that one, especially since it doesn't auto update on dots :x
    I just wanted to point out that if you use a castsequence macro like that you should have a different one just for 2nd lifts because using Bane (of any kind) is a DPS loss just because the Tendon won't go for full duration.

Also, Incinerate as the first spell is indeed for S&F, and Bane of Doom can be the 3rd global and still tick (so you can maximize Immolate uptime and get SnF up if you so choose).

Finally, I'm a little confused why you have /petattack but not /cast Felstorm.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-04-25 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    ok Grace, thank you for that extended reply. it is much appreciated and gives me some things to think about --it is also comforting to know that i'm not alone in being hazed and beaten down for lower dps. Am playing my ass off each time, and it's like beating my head on a wall. I have shared your post on my guild's forum. Hopefully will help get the job done better. We warlocks were saving our demons for 3rd plate, but you're right, if it's a 12 min fight, could easily use it on first one to blast through first plate better. We weren't using CoE as we usually have a balanced druid in the raid - we did not on that night from my logs. And i could use nether protection way more. Was so stressed out that night that i was forgetting to cast it over pure dpsing anything that moved.

flat out silly question then: Should i go respec for demon form and try to get this rotation for meta/demon/pet swap just for this fight? or think the job can be done just as well with destruction. frankly i'd prefer affliction to burn through algas and i have a feeling drain soul will kick tendon's butt! My concern is here, that my gear is forged for affliction/destro (i.e. haste) and i have started collecting mastery gear, but my haste is way to high and mastery is still too low for any sort of real "boom" in meta. Sadly, my guild is currently only concerned with tendon damage. While alga damage is important of course, we have more than enough dps to get the algas down... almost too quickly to get 9 bloods without killing them first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    I know you're not in your Destro gear at the moment, but there are still a few things gear wise I'll mention before looking at logs:
    - No meta gem.
    - No belt buckle.
    - Missing 2 enchants.
    - Should gem purple in your belt. The socket bonus is +20 INT, so you'd be getting 20 free hit by gemming Veiled.

Of course, once you're in your Destro gear remember to hit 2681 haste.

I looked at your Ultraxion log (because I'm lazy), and while Ultraxion logs are always a little bit inaccurate, there are a few things right off the bat:

Uptimes can always improve (for most players, in general). For you: missing 7 seconds of Corruption, not that big a deal. Missing 13 seconds of Immolate, could be better. Missing 2 ticks of Bane of Doom, could be better yet again. Missing 36 seconds of ISF, definitely should improve there. Your Dark Intent uptime is really low - I see you cast it on the Shadow Priest, and I see his uptime being low too. Not sure if he did something wrong or if the logs are glitched.

Your conflagrate 'interval' is almost 10 seconds. Try to get that as close to 8 as possible. If you can do that, you will have around 6 more Conflagrates for the same fight length.

As for Demon Soul, Demon Soul:Imp is really weak, so it's been my understanding that you can just macro it to Incinerate and the difference in performance should be minimal from activating it separately. It doesn't work on Immolate, Corruption, Bane, Conflag, so...

Finally, remember to line up INT/SP buffs and Velocity with your Doomguard.

After all of this, the most important things to work on for improving on Destruction is lining up buffs with Immolate/Bane, getting 2 Conflags off on buffed Immolates, and not clipping buffed Banes. As such, your Soulburn times shouldn't be very very low (which indicates that you always just Soulburn->SF instantly). Sometimes you'll Soulburn just to buff your immolate, and then somewhere down the line use it to refresh SF (since SB has a 15s duration). I don't know if you do that because I haven't studied your logs extensively. But if you didn't think about it before, it's something to think about in the future.[COLOR="red"]
    Ok so my gear should be updated. Thank you for looking at the log. My demo gear is something I had just sitting in my bank and decided the other day before I logged to pull it out and start working on it to see how far it went....

IGNORE FIRST QUESTION I NEED TO READ GOODER!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for reviewing it. I appreciate it so much. I think the DI buff is glitched.. As for the haste cap....fml I am less than 20 away so I am likely gonna gem it grrrrr...... thanks for the help
    Last edited by Oberoth; 2012-04-25 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberoth View Post
    As far as the rotational issues I have one question. Is that for the whole raid you are looking at or is it single fights? Thanks for reviewing it. I appreciate it so much.
    I've only looked at Ultraxion, just because it's the easiest log to look at. In general when you look at logs though, the uptimes are the best thing to focus on first. It might be more difficult to get higher uptimes because of fight mechanics, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. On a fight like Ultraxion, the closer to to 100% you can get, the better (barring things like delaying Bane to line up things coming off ICD).

The advice I've given in the post above can be applied to pretty much every fight - in different fights your spell mix might change (because adds will be up x or y amount of time), or because there are burst windows, but it's never bad to 1) get more conflagrates 2) make sure your conflags are really strong 3) make sure your dots are always up 4) make sure your Doomguard is strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    I just wanted to point out that if you use a castsequence macro like that you should have a different one just for 2nd lifts because using Bane (of any kind) is a DPS loss just because the Tendon won't go for full duration.

Also, Incinerate as the first spell is indeed for S&F, and Bane of Doom can be the 3rd global and still tick (so you can maximize Immolate uptime and get SnF up if you so choose).

Finally, I'm a little confused why you have /petattack but not /cast Felstorm.
    Bane of any kind won't go it's full duration for either lift :x But yea, it should be notably shorter for the second lift with lower health and acting killing it. But, wouldn't it still matter with the felhunter and shadow bite? Even if it's on the second lift, I usually still get two shadow bites from it.

I guess it also depends on the differences between your two lifts. We both see 18s first lift, you may only see like 12s on the second lift with your dps, but we're still seeing like a good 15s on the second lift (not including the one we lust on). So for 12s, neither would matter, BoA would still be weak and BoD wouldn't tick. But if I still had room for a BoD tick for when I cast it first/second or a longer BoA due to slower dps, it'd be a lil different wouldn't it? Again, I was always more concerned over having the dot in general for shadowbite over which dot.

As for /petattack, I have my pets on passive the whole time for more control, especially since our amalg tank an be a lot slower than we'd like for going from "ok get his stacks" to actually moving him to get his stacks. So the /petattack is just a reassurance that my felguard attacks it, and that my summoned felhunter doesn't just get summoned and stand still. I had tried a felstorm use in the /castsequence, but it just caused the /castsequence to always stop at that point and not continue and try to felstorm over and over, so because of that I manually do it, which I haven't been perfect at, but seeing just /cast felstorm makes me feel like a downer because I could have had that along with the /petattack.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckers View Post
    ok Grace, thank you for that extended reply. it is much appreciated and gives me some things to think about --it is also comforting to know that i'm not alone in being hazed and beaten down for lower dps. Am playing my ass off each time, and it's like beating my head on a wall. I have shared your post on my guild's forum. Hopefully will help get the job done better. We warlocks were saving our demons for 3rd plate, but you're right, if it's a 12 min fight, could easily use it on first one to blast through first plate better. We weren't using CoE as we usually have a balanced druid in the raid - we did not on that night from my logs. And i could use nether protection way more. Was so stressed out that night that i was forgetting to cast it over pure dpsing anything that moved.

flat out silly question then: Should i go respec for demon form and try to get this rotation for meta/demon/pet swap just for this fight? or think the job can be done just as well with destruction. frankly i'd prefer affliction to burn through algas and i have a feeling drain soul will kick tendon's butt! My concern is here, that my gear is forged for affliction/destro (i.e. haste) and i have started collecting mastery gear, but my haste is way to high and mastery is still too low for any sort of real "boom" in meta. Sadly, my guild is currently only concerned with tendon damage. While alga damage is important of course, we have more than enough dps to get the algas down... almost too quickly to get 9 bloods without killing them first.
    Trust me, I know the feeling. When we were...starting to progress it at the start of 10%, we were one tanking it. We had many good attempts and several almost kills if someone didn't do one thing wrong. But when I started using the doomguard twice, and fixed a few minor things and got used to a /castsequence macro, they basically said "Ok. Kark fixed his shit. We're two tanking it." And then....we had roster issues and didn't try it again for another month and then 15% hit, and it went too easy. So yes, you better be using your damn doomguard twice for any fight over 6min + doomguard duration :P (which is not pretty much only this fight and madness sadly).

Hopefully you'll have your boomchiky more, because having to cast CoE just hurts. As for remembering cooldowns and stuff. I use a lot of fancy WeakAuras. Like I have ones for showing the doomguard when I've got PT/LW procced with durations and WoU stack counts, or an ICM proc and internal CD tracker. I even have one for my potion since sometimes I forget to use it the second time. Having something visual to remind you about Nether Ward would probably be very beneficial.

For your question....Drain soul won't do as much as your think, it'll tick like once or twice because everyone's bursting so much :x But idk compared to destro. Honestly, with the nerf level and I hear 20% will hit soon, you should stick with the spec you're more accustomed to. If you're good at demo, then the answer is obviously yes in my mind since it is the better spec.

Tendon dmg is very important yes. But having almost 13min+ attempts means you're failing at the 90% of the rest of the fight in terms of dmg. Yes the first plate you're waiting on bloods to spawn, there's only 3 places for them to spawn from. But after that, you are ALWAYS waiting on the amalg to get low enough or a grip timer. It's not about having enough dps to get the amalg down, it's doing it fast enough. And it's a fact that you're not doing it fast enough as a group. Our first kill, 11:11 at the same nerf level, almost two full minutes less than your almost kill. That's a lot of strain on healers. We had about 5k more raid dps on the amalg. So you're killing it, but slower than you should be. It also could mean that in generally you're not moving at a faster pace, like rolling quickly as soon as you can and stuff. I'd say the fight length is more of a deal breaker than your current tendon dmg.

My sims with skill set to "Average" and encounter type set to Ultraxion give me 37,886 with 25-man buffs. Link

I did Ultraxion in LFR today: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...vc/details/12/
    I know one mistake I made was fat-fingering my potion way before Lust.

Edit: Tried it again with better results but a fail on-pull Heroism: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...e/?s=268&e=501

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tigas/advanced

I'm looking for any suggestions to improve my DPS, maybe closer to what I'd be simming if the skill was set a little higher.
    Last edited by Prag; 2012-04-28 at 07:02 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say on your first attempt Unstable Affliction uptime at 89% seems low. You can macro Fel Flame to the extra action button to make sure UA doesn't fall off. Other than that I would say everything looks pretty good. I would think the only thing that would push your DPS a little higher is making sure you're not clipping your Demon Souled DoTs and making sure to pop your Doomguard at the exact right moment. Preferably for you it may be worth considering waiting for DMC Volcano to proc before you Temporal Ruin, assuming your trinket is off the ICD at pull, and it will proc fairly quickly. This should be the ideal time to pop your DG because your intellect should be at its highest point there. I don't have my notes on me to run a specific query for when you're casting spells in your rotation, otherwise I could go into more detail.

Also, your second pull, your DI uptime was only 70%, so whoever you had it on either wasn't a good choice or just wasn't doing their job correctly. That was effectively at least a 1K DPS loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyllastus View Post
    I would say on your first attempt Unstable Affliction uptime at 89% seems low. You can macro Fel Flame to the extra action button to make sure UA doesn't fall off. Other than that I would say everything looks pretty good. I would think the only thing that would push your DPS a little higher is making sure you're not clipping your Demon Souled DoTs and making sure to pop your Doomguard at the exact right moment. Preferably for you it may be worth considering waiting for DMC Volcano to proc before you Temporal Ruin, assuming your trinket is off the ICD at pull, and it will proc fairly quickly. This should be the ideal time to pop your DG because your intellect should be at its highest point there. I don't have my notes on me to run a specific query for when you're casting spells in your rotation, otherwise I could go into more detail.

Also, your second pull, your DI uptime was only 70%, so whoever you had it on either wasn't a good choice or just wasn't doing their job correctly. That was effectively at least a 1K DPS loss.
    Really appreciate the advice! The waiting for DMC Volcano for 4p is especially helpful. I can't believe I wasn't doing that already!

Hey friends

As with a post from another lock a page back or so I too am simming strange stat weights as destro. I have narrowed it down to Insignia versus Cunning, and depending on what trinket im using in combination with Will, my haste value jumps wildly.

My question, and I find this strange, is I sim higher dps (~200 or ~300) with Cunning and Will then I do ICM/Will and haste at 2681, 17% hit and the rest into mastery, on a patchwerk style fight, which doesn't seem right to me. Obviously any fight with a significant amount of adds Cunning would be the better choice. Currently I have been using Cunning exclusively, mostly because my raid has only seen one drop and the rest of the casters in my raid would have my head if it wasn't equipped, on every encounter. I was wondering if other locks have run into this as well and what you're guys' thoughts are? Currently in line for a heroic Will and only rocking the normal one, but I have both Heroic Cunning and Heroic Insignia.

Sim(http://i.imgur.com/9dIU7.png) ~ Stats(http://i.imgur.com/ID1QX.png)
    Armory(http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...crime/advanced) ~ Currently Affliction reforged for Madness tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    Hey friends

As with a post from another lock a page back or so I too am simming strange stat weights as destro. I have narrowed it down to Insignia versus Cunning, and depending on what trinket im using in combination with Will, my haste value jumps wildly.

My question, and I find this strange, is I sim higher dps (~200 or ~300) with Cunning and Will then I do ICM/Will and haste at 2681, 17% hit and the rest into mastery, on a patchwerk style fight, which doesn't seem right to me. Obviously any fight with a significant amount of adds Cunning would be the better choice. Currently I have been using Cunning exclusively, mostly because my raid has only seen one drop and the rest of the casters in my raid would have my head if it wasn't equipped, on every encounter. I was wondering if other locks have run into this as well and what you're guys' thoughts are? Currently in line for a heroic Will and only rocking the normal one, but I have both Heroic Cunning and Heroic Insignia.

Sim(http://i.imgur.com/9dIU7.png) ~ Stats(http://i.imgur.com/ID1QX.png)
    Armory(http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...crime/advanced) ~ Currently Affliction reforged for Madness tonight.
    Don't worry I did the same simulation craft that you, and the results are identic. COC HC/ IOTCM HC wins over WOU N/ IOTCM HC. But when you win WOU HC I'd say to switch IOTCM HC for that.

From my SIM I concluded that the BIS trinkets for Destruction are WOU HC and COC HC. Only fight that you can replace WOU HC for IOTCM HC it's Warmaster only because the intellect stacks will not work properly, as it is a multi-dot fight and you need to be constantly switching targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    Only fight that you can replace WOU HC for IOTCM HC it's Warmaster only because the intellect stacks will not work properly, as it is a multi-dot fight and you need to be constantly switching targets.
    Not entirely correct, in terms of the intel stacks not working properly, not the question of which to use on that fight. You gain WoU stacks (and refresh your 10x stacks) on the application of dots, just not the dot ticks itself. The only time you will lose stacks of WoU are if the time between the last time you hit the last mob of a wave of adds and how soon you can dot the first incoming drake for the next wave is longer than the 10s of the buff. This is of course, ignoring the fact that a sapper sometimes appears in the middle of waves. Simply put, the only time you'll lose stacks is during downtime where there's nothing to hit anyways.

As for using HICM over WoU for this fight, depends if you do track the buff, and are able to always take advantage of it proccing and whether or not being able to take advantage of that proc ends up being better than 990int (if you can redot all 4 targets with it procced, I'd say it would be).

But you basically ignore the proc because you never take advantage of it, you're looking at the passive 300ish int from ICM buff vs 990 int from WoU. Obviously WoU wins in that case.

Deleted
    Ok so I got a problem that's kinda big. Lately I've noticed that my dps is lacking and I just can't find out why. I start to get some decent gearand and also have Legendary but still I can't get the hang of it and it starts to piss me off. I can have some freeze lag and low fps sometimes but that shouldn't affect my gameplay this much and missclicks can also be done but It's just that I did expect to do more as I know the rotation for all specs fully after what I've read up on...

We're atm progressing on Spine hc with our 10man group and I'm barely doing 1 million dps. Lowest damage done in one blow up of armor is ~750k damage with valor trinket popped on every plate where I got gripped I believe in the end.

Anyway here is a WoL for todays raid. And yes. I had haste as best stat and not mastery on first six bosses but I'm sticking with it as we got the earlier bosses on farm now so I'm only focusing on Warmaster-Madness where you need haste for destru and affliction which I find the best atm.

WoL:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9750&e=10336

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the life of a lock on HM Spine. As destro, you going to be (or at least should be, barring others aren't doing terribad) the lowest on tendon dps. Demo is much much better at tendon dps, but with the nerf down to 20%, destro can be viable. But we'll see what we can do to help.

First comment, make sure you're doing some sort of direct damage move to the amalg up until his "I'm about to blow up" cast is over. Need to make sure your WoU stacks are at 10 and don't fall off just before you open up on the tendon. During the log you posted, your WoU stacks fell off 3-4 times. Not all were just before a tendon pop, but still need to make sure it's up. There's always something to hit with a fel flame.

I see only 53k dmg from the doomguard. Not good at alllll. You should pop the doomguard during the amalg cast before he blows up for the first lift, first plate. And pop him again on the third plate. Because of this, you MUST put BoD or BoA on the tendon for these two lifts. You already should be putting BoD on the first lift of each tendon anyways. DO NOT pop doomguard during a tendon lift. You MUST pop it before the tendon appears. Otherwise you're wasting a GCD and maybe getting half the benefit from it.

I see you didn't pop Demon Soul for the first lift, but instead the second lift. Demon Soul and Bottled Wishes should be cast during the amalg cast, starting at the first lift. You shouldn't have demon soul for the second lift of each plate, but ALWAYS use it on the FIRST lift of each plate.

Looking at your cast order on the tendons, you seem to be doing.... Immolate > Chaos Bolt > Conflag > Corruption > Incinerate spam. And throw in an instant soulfire sometimes. And on the last two lifts of that log, you also randomly added in BoA. This is all.....very unoptimal. Even for normal rotation, it's off. So let's work on this.

I believe that for like 90% of the people that have struggled on this fight, have found that a macro for tendon dps helps solve much of their problems. So we'll start making one for you. You mentioned "missclicks," so I'm hoping you're not a click caster. If you are, well that will hurt your tendon dps to a degree. Not a HUGE degree, but in the course of your tries, I'd wager it averages out to at least 1 GCD lossed per tendon lift. Which will be yet another reason why a macro will help out.

What your rotation for the tendon needs to involve are: Using soulburn first for 4pc. Getting up Immolate asap. Using the soulburn for an instant soulfire. Conflagrate on CD. Putting up corruption asap next to immo. BoD/BoA based on which lift you're doing. SHADOWFLAME, which means moving into melee range. And incinerate spam. Then chaos bolt. You're not using BoD/BoA correctly, and not using shadowflame at all (which is a huge dps CD)

How you do this, is somewhat up to you. You MUST move into melee range, and with the strat I use, it takes 1-2s to get into melee range. So personally, I start with my dots (corruption/BoD), then I can stop moving and settle into hardcasting.

A macro that I use, starts out as...
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /petattack
    /castsequence ??????
    If the majority of the time you're still moving in when the tendon appears, I would reccommend instants first for the castsequence. So, something like...
    Code:
    /castsequence Corruption, Soul Fire, Immolate, Bane of Doom, Conflagrate, Shadowflame, Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Chaos Bolt
    Or you could do
    Code:
    /castsequence soul fire, immolate, Bane of Doom, conflagrate, Corruption, Shadowflame,  Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Chaos Bolt
    Or even*
    Code:
    /castsequence Immolate, corruption, Conflagrate, soul fire, shadowflame,  Incinerate, Incinerate, Incinerate, Chaos Bolt
    *and manually do BoD or BoA (at the beginning after soulburn) based on which lift it is.

The point is to develop something that works for your strat, but including the major dps spells you must have since you're not using all of them. And you use Incineratex3 before you use Chaos Bolt, and you never fill the gap between immolate and conflagrate with a cast time spell (you were using chaos bolt between them), you use an instant. Usually BoD, sometimes Corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Badde
    Anyway here is a WoL for todays raid. And yes. I had haste as best stat and not mastery on first six bosses but I'm sticking with it as we got the earlier bosses on farm now so I'm only focusing on Warmaster-Madness where you need haste for destru and affliction which I find the best atm.
    I have no idea what you mean by not having mastery as best stat. For affliction, you stack haste all the way. For destro, you stack haste up until certain points and then go mastery/crit. For any fight. For spine, you want more haste for each spec because it's about the tendon burst.

I hope some of that helps. 90% of the discussions of HM spine for locks involve telling people to go demo, and then discussing demo rotations. I've only seen a small handful of stabs for the "best" cast order for destro, but the spells you must use are the ones I listed. The order just may not be perfect.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 11:51 PM ----------

And if you decide you don't want to use a macro for tendon dps, that's PERFECTLY FINE. What truly matters is the order at which you cast the spells and not missing a beat.
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-05-04 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you very much gracfuldeath. I'll suck this in and become better.

Regarding the haste reforging for demo on Spine hc. I did read in the forums that the Ultraxion spec would be better with haste reforging for more Impending doom procs in order to have Meta up on every tendron but yeah I guess it wasn't any good lol.

Anyway I'm very grateful that you pinpointed what I did wrong and I'll test those macros you listed, cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    Thank you very much gracfuldeath. I'll suck this in and become better.

Regarding the haste reforging for demo on Spine hc. I did read in the forums that the Ultraxion spec would be better with haste reforging for more Impending doom procs in order to have Meta up on every tendron but yeah I guess it wasn't any good lol.

Anyway I'm very grateful that you pinpointed what I did wrong and I'll test those macros you listed, cheers!
    Oh, yea. For demo and with fights becoming increasingly shorter and stuff, more haste is better since you get more chances for ID procs. But unfortunately it's still a lot of luck to get FULL 2 metas in a 2min Morchok fight :/ I was just very confused because you were haste reforged when I looked at the armory :x

But good luck on your progression! Definitely my least favorite fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    And armory would also be nice ^^