Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    And armory would also be nice ^^
    Sorry, slipped my mind, I've been the only level 85 with that name for years.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lyann/advanced
    Last edited by Marionette; 2012-05-09 at 05:08 PM.

Not sure if serious but:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6a...?s=5443&e=5773

Everything for your rank limits looks amazing for the most part. Ultraxion you could improve, but a lot of that is just the kill timer. For Yor'sahj, you should Shadowflame the black phase adds, that does a huge amount of damage in one global. All the rest of your rank limits look really good. Madness might look low, but also part of that is because it is much tougher to spellweave bloods after the nerfs, since they die much more quickly and many guilds won't keep them up to cleave anymore.

On another note, I think I ran a pug once with a few of the alts from your guild, they seemed like really good people. Had a druid start going off about how great he was to your guild, and he promptly got trashed so hard it wasn't... well, never mind, it was quite funny.

[add]

If you are looking for ranking advice (since many of your limits are 90%+) I'd suggest making a topic since this is mostly geared at people who are not doing well and trying to get to a spot like yours. For instance, not having Cunning hurts quite a bit on Yor'sahj, Blackhorn, and Madness (I feel your pain).

[add2]

Personally I like to run with Glyph of Life Tap since I find myself almost constantly running low on many when I go affliction, whereas I can still solo-soak swirls without Glyph of Soul Link with the nerfs now, but I guess it's more personal taste.

[add3]

Tell your guild to 4-heal Ultraxion... and... how the fuck are your druids top DPS on that fight, let alone without any sort of DI/PI/tricks?
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2012-05-09 at 05:30 PM.

This makes me want to try out my old warlock. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    Not sure if serious but:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6a...?s=5443&e=5773

Everything for your rank limits looks amazing for the most part. Ultraxion you could improve, but a lot of that is just the kill timer. For Yor'sahj, you should Shadowflame the black phase adds, that does a huge amount of damage in one global. All the rest of your rank limits look really good. Madness might look low, but also part of that is because it is much tougher to spellweave bloods after the nerfs, since they die much more quickly and many guilds won't keep them up to cleave anymore.

On another note, I think I ran a pug once with a few of the alts from your guild, they seemed like really good people. Had a druid start going off about how great he was to your guild, and he promptly got trashed so hard it wasn't... well, never mind, it was quite funny.

[add]

If you are looking for ranking advice (since many of your limits are 90%+) I'd suggest making a topic since this is mostly geared at people who are not doing well and trying to get to a spot like yours. For instance, not having Cunning hurts quite a bit on Yor'sahj, Blackhorn, and Madness (I feel your pain).

[add2]

Personally I like to run with Glyph of Life Tap since I find myself almost constantly running low on many when I go affliction, whereas I can still solo-soak swirls without Glyph of Soul Link with the nerfs now, but I guess it's more personal taste.

[add3]

Tell your guild to 4-heal Ultraxion... and... how the fuck are your druids top DPS on that fight, let alone without any sort of DI/PI/tricks?
    Thank you for your help, I am always looking to improve anywhere possible. I don't believe parsing is an option in my guild, if we pad meters or do stupid things it's likely to get demoted or g-kicked even at raider rank. I believe we are setting up a heroic run within the next few weeks however where certain dps who are playing well will be given buffs to parse for the night and have fun. Nàchure is a complete beast as Boomkin, I believe the other warlock in the guild feeds him DI, not that he needs it. I will try and switch out my Soul Link for Life Tap and see how that goes, thanks for the tip!

-- I fudged up Yor'sahj a bit there, I noticed the other warlock was out DPsing me so I thought it was a brilliant idea to have a panic attack and forget what I was doing. I used my Infernal instead of the Doomguard and with the 20% buff that was a majorly big mistake, then from there I went downhill and started drooling.
    Last edited by Marionette; 2012-05-09 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    Sorry, slipped my mind, I've been the only level 85 with that name for years.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lyann/advanced
    Looking at Ultrax, you're not casting Haunt on CD. Missed about 8 Haunts that you could of had. The only time you don't cast it on CD is during the execute phase, and then you cast it relatively on CD, meaning on CD but just after Drain Soul ticks and not right before one.

You're overclipping BoD I believe. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Meta, don't clip it when you don't have meta. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs). When in doubt, don't clip.I know you're overclipping when you clip the very first BoD. Now, it may be because of the logger fading out when it fell off and put back up before he came back in, but never hurts to mention it still.

You're opener is off too. DS:Felhunter does not go into effect until dots are refreshed/applied. This mean is you dot things, then pop DS, you get 0 benefit from it. So, you pop before dot. This also applies to ALL dmg increasing CDs (like Soulburn due to 4pc, trinkets, sp racial, etc) From the Ultrax, you did something like SB > Haunt > UA > Blood Fury/DS > BoD > Soulburn > Soulburn:Soulfire > Corruption > Doomguard > Shadowflame.

From this, you only buffed Corruption fully. UA was never buffed, and your first awesome amazing BoD was only partially buffed. The optimal affliction opener is something like: pre-pot >pre-cast Shadow Bolt > combat > CoE (if needed) > Activate Soulburn > Haunt > DS:Felhunter > UA > BoD > Corruption > Shadowbolt (for the third Shadow's Embrace stack) > Use the activated soulburn for soulfire > Shadowbolt filler. If you want to get fancy. You BoD after Haunting, and then when the optimal point for popping doomguard (which I'll get to), you refresh it while literally EVERTHING that could be up is up for 5 BoD ticks.

You're doomguard is almost perfect, but slightly off. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. Meaning you wait till Lightweave/PT are up, and (and more importantly) velocity from ICM, and as many stacks of WoU as you can get before the others fall off. Which you did almost perfectly, but you only had 6 stacks of WoU when you could have had 9. Maybe 10 if your opener was adjusted.

Skimming through other logs, yea BoD overclipping majorly on most of the fights. Yor is just hard to rank on without CoC imo, I mean, I didn't have it, then did have it and ranked doing the same stuff and that was the only gear change. On Hagara, if you're lightning phases are clean and quick, you can refresh BoD on her before she goes immune, and then it'll get a tick off during her increased dmg phase.

More haunting on CD.

Oh Warmaster, what I find pretty nice, besides multidotting any thing possible, is to have a /focus /cast [@focus] haunt /petattack [@focus] macro so that you're always haunting one target melee target and you're pet isn't running around not dpsing half the first phase. I put him on the dreadblade since that's who you kill first. Just need to make sure you're alway standing in a position to be facing the melee.

And I completely ignored spine

I'll admit I clip Bane of Doom like it's cool, I will work on that, as well as getting my rotation down correctly. I'm not sure what's wrong with my Haunt on Ultraxion however, I had 21 Wills/Fading Lights, not possible to keep the buff up, 95% not high enough? I'll be figuring out how to make Power Auras for all of my buffs as I am currently a lazy butt and do not track such things to that extent. Thank you.

Edit: Downloaded NeedToKnow to track all of my procs. Good to go.
    Last edited by Marionette; 2012-05-10 at 04:28 AM.

Deleted
    I'll admit I clip Bane of Doom like it's cool, I will work on that, as well as getting my rotation down correctly. I'm not sure what's wrong with my Haunt on Ultraxion however, I had 21 Wills/Fading Lights, not possible to keep the buff up, 95% not high enough? I'll be figuring out how to make Power Auras for all of my buffs as I am currently a lazy butt and do not track such things to that extent. Thank you.
    "High enough" depends on what you're trying to accomplish. In any case, it's not optimal. Just the damage component from haunt has higher DPET - add the buff on that and you should be casting it on CD. Having it fall off is real bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    "High enough" depends on what you're trying to accomplish. In any case, it's not optimal. Just the damage component from haunt has higher DPET - add the buff on that and you should be casting it on CD. Having it fall off is real bad!
    Yes sir, I will Haunt my face off!

Deleted
    Yes sir, I will Haunt my face off!
    I have faith in you! Godspeed!

Deleted
    Hello Warlocks!

Our guild has an issue with our main Warlock. His dps output is wwaaaaaayyyy off compared to Warlock equall geared
    In raids he's always bottem on the row aswell which shouldn't really be happening since he's a Warlock.

For example on Deathwing Heroic he puts out 41k dps while all our other people are between 60k-75k dps for pretty much the whole fight

Morchok Heroic he puts our arround 33k dps. I've seen normal Warlock put out 40k on that fight easy

We really think he's doing something wrong but we have no clue in what he's doing wrong.

He tends to switch spec alot like every reset because he says he can do more dps on a particular fight in this spec then the other.
    He's gonna stay Affliction for the next couple of weeks to get some stable dps in one spec instead of being "horrible" in all 3

We just ran Ultraxion LFR for a WoL so you can see what his damage output is like. We in the guild really dont know what to do else then ask you guys for help I've chatted to multiple Warlocks on our realm they say it's about him keeping his dots up and use his improved Soulfire better.

Me myself am not a Warlock expert so if you have any suggestions on what he can do to improve his dps it will be highly appreciated he has no clue either what is going wrong.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Souleter/advanced

worldoflogs.com/reports/44nf4a9j3slk63qz/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koekerbij View Post
    Hello Warlocks!

Our guild has an issue with our main Warlock. His dps output is wwaaaaaayyyy off compared to Warlock equall geared
    In raids he's always bottem on the row aswell which shouldn't really be happening since he's a Warlock.

For example on Deathwing Heroic he puts out 41k dps while all our other people are between 60k-75k dps for pretty much the whole fight

Morchok Heroic he puts our arround 33k dps. I've seen normal Warlock put out 40k on that fight easy

We really think he's doing something wrong but we have no clue in what he's doing wrong.

He tends to switch spec alot like every reset because he says he can do more dps on a particular fight in this spec then the other.
    He's gonna stay Affliction for the next couple of weeks to get some stable dps in one spec instead of being "horrible" in all 3

We just ran Ultraxion LFR for a WoL so you can see what his damage output is like. We in the guild really dont know what to do else then ask you guys for help I've chatted to multiple Warlocks on our realm they say it's about him keeping his dots up and use his improved Soulfire better.

Me myself am not a Warlock expert so if you have any suggestions on what he can do to improve his dps it will be highly appreciated he has no clue either what is going wrong.

I can say for certainty, without seeing any madness logs, he's not optimizing getting his spellweave. (Or just being really horrible with his single target, which from this ultrax log, shouldn't be the problem) Things he should be doing for the regen bloods on each platform involve soulburn:SoC, if used on CD starting from when the mutated corruption spawns, it'll be up every time. Based on how much cleave dmg is being put on them, it's a judgement call on whether or not to further multidot them (I mean, you don't want to accidentally kill them all before you plan to), and shadowflame them if you're letting him sit in melee range (which is a pretty big benefit from being able to use it alone on the corruptoin). Then shadowflame them when going to aoe them, followed by rain of fire. (hellfire doesn't proc spellweave, and RoF ticks for more spellweave procs faster than you can cast SoC). And with that being said, he should be affliction for that fight xD

Bottled wishes is a :/ trinket compared to a lot of others. Have him check out some of the BiS trinket lists, and sim with some of them to see which is better of the ones he can easily obtain. For example, all versions of DS trinkets are rated higher than BW, and so is VPL and HVPL. Otherwise his gear is fine.

As for his log. First thing I notice is that he's overclipping BoD. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with DS:Felhunter, don't clip it when you don't have DS:Felhunter. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs). When in doubt, don't clip. He clipped every BoD.

He's not casting Haunt on CD. Haunt should be cast on CD at all times. Not only is it a great DPET spell, better than casting a Shadowbolt, but it also keeps the debuff up, which falls off for him pretty much almost between every cast of it. The only time you don't cast Haunt strickly on CD, is during the execute phase (<25%), and then you cast Haunt relatively on CD, meaning AFTER drain soul ticks, not right before one.

His opening is off slightly. He's popping CDs, Soulburn:Soulfire, Haunt, UA, BoD, then Corruption. It should be more like... pre-pot >pre-cast Shadow Bolt > combat > CoE (if needed) > Activate Soulburn > Haunt > DS:Felhunter > UA > BoD > Corruption > Shadowbolt (for the third Shadow's Embrace stack) > Use the activated soulburn for soulfire > Shadowbolt filler. If he wants to get fancy, he can refresh BoD while all his procs are running and before the first tick, giving 5 great ticks of it (assuming it doesn't clip it :x)

Whenever in melee range, which he wants to be in a lot, he needs to shadowflame on CD, except for the <25% execute phase. He only did it 8 times. To give a comparison on how little that is, he casted haunt 18 times (yes, shadowflame is 4s longer CD, but like I said earlier, he's not casting haunt near enough).

Not sure if he knows the best time to pop the doomguard, or if it just happened by chance because things procced very fast, but I'll be thorough and mention it. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active.He should have waiting a few more casts to pop the doomguard, could have had him buffed with a couple more stacks of WoU. It requires a lot of buff tracking, or an addon like power/weak auras that shows these when they're up with timers and then the doomguard up when everything is procced with a counter on it for WoU stacks to time the largest stack count before the first buff falls off (it's what I do lol).

Hit dot uptime for UA was pretty good itself. Fell off for like 5-10s for a while, but that was the only time. Hopefully this means he's clipping it correctly, between the next to last and the last tick, and not recasting it way too early.

The only other issue I saw, was that he seemed to take a couple moments too long from popping his CDs -> casting his first affliction thing. Looking at the logs query for what he did, he started with CDs -> soulburn:soulfire -> CoE > Haunt. Looking at the other classes, he should have known that you had an unholy DK, meaning he wouldn't have to cast CoE. So he wasted a GCD. The instant Soulfire is a nice DPET, but for affliction it's much more important to get dots rolling first. Pop soulburn for the 4pc buff, but don't use it until you've only got your filler left. These two extra GCDs makes his afflicton's ramp up just even slower :/

so yesterday we did heroic domo and my dps was good for an alt but i want to know if i am doing things right or if i could be doing something better? so i could maybe bring out more dps.?

i open up with COE,demo soul with meta and then soul burn and felstorm,imm,BOD,Corr,Hand of Gul'dan and then immolation Aura and DoomGuard and then get the Felpupy out bc of soul burn. and spam SB until something need's to be refreshed and use Hand of Gul'dan on CD and the same go's with SOul burn and Demo soul and Meta.

anything i am doing wrong?

worldoflogs.com/reports/war4kpvwsh2x54n7/sum/damageDone/?s=10595&e=10931

Deleted
    I'm not going to comment on your rotation, because i don't know enough about demo rotation.

however, what i've noticed, is that you gave DI to the shadowpriest, who then proceeded to die. however, you didn't recast this to account for this. and this isn't because you had no valid targets: you had 2 fire mages and a resto druid. Also, the shadowpriest has 4PT13, which means that he stops using DoTs on a regular basis (shadow 4PT13 lets shadowfiend give 3 shadow orbs on attack, so they switch to a mind spike rotation), which means even further reduction of uptime.

I suggest you don't throw DI on a shadowpriest with 4PT13, but on one of your fire mages.

other thing that might or might not cause other issues: you're using both BoD and BoA, even when BoD can easily remain on the target for another 60 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Koekerbij View Post

1) Not using enough filler (due to overclipping or wasting globals)
    2) He let Haunt debuff fall off which is a no-no. As put not only does it keep Haunt and SE off, Haunt also does more damage/cast time than shadow bolt.
    3) He should cast Haunt at least 25 times, of which he only did 18.
    4) He should cast Shadowflame at least 15 times, of which he only did 8. Not only does Shadowflame do more damage than shadow bolt, but it increases pet damage.
    5) A VPLC > bottled wishes.

I don't believe parsing is an option in my guild, if we pad meters or do stupid things it's likely to get demoted or g-kicked even at raider rank.
    Implying that you have to "pad meters" or do "stupid thing" to parse... Achieving a top 200 rank doesn't require "padding," it requires doing well at both playing your class/spec and executing the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveros View Post
    Implying that you have to "pad meters" or do "stupid thing" to parse... Achieving a top 200 rank doesn't require "padding," it requires doing well at both playing your class/spec and executing the encounter.
    Honestly especially at this point (most people full clearing) of the game for some fights getting good parses will require some things - Zon'ozz comes to mind (switching will nuke DPS down a large amount).

Anyway, my point was (when I said she should consider making a post regarding parsing) her logs are to the point where for the most part (aside from what was pointed out) improvement will require much subtler tweaks instead of fixing more obvious mistakes, and where the next step (after mostly mastering the basics and being competitive in logs) is higher parsing.

Hi!
    We are on hc spine in 10 man mode. I'm the only lock who is even playing at spine so i cant ask any other in the guild.
    My problem is that i cant damage the tendons well... after 2 openings im the last with 900-1100k dmg on it.
    Im on destro and I tried demo too but it was worse.
    So here is a log from a week before, the last one is still not uploaded. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/40ctp23ux08d20gd/
    And of course my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Tyraen/simple
    Thanks for helping!
    Bye!

@Tyraen:

* Remember that unless you are very good, you will most likely be carried on DPS for the burning tendon. While the nerfs have allowed this to happen without wiping (you shouldn't have to class stack), you will most likely, if the others are good, be bottom or close to bottom. *

* Keep up Improved Soul Fire, this applies to everything (amalgamation matters too)
    * Save Soulburn for the burn phase; keep in mind this will give you ISF for most of the tendon burn automatically
    * Your mage should really be Arcane instead of Fire (which is terrible for the fight, for more than just the tendon) - in that case, you should Incinerate first to get Critical Mass up, since your mage should be Arcane
    * Think about using an on-use trinket (bottled wishes) instead of your insignia
    * Make sure you keep hitting the amalgamation as it is dying (while its casting its explosion) to keep Combat Mind stacked to full
    * You don't need to use Curse of the Elements if you have a Boomkin in group

* Demonology is the recommended spec for tendon damage
    * As Demo you still want to save all cooldowns and either a moonwell chalice or bottled wishes (on-use trinket) for the tendon phase
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2012-05-24 at 12:45 AM.

Can anyone help me with my stats please?

I am a demonology warlock with 384 ilvl and the T13 4 piece set, I have reforged to be 17% hit and then 1993 haste, I have then gone for mastery, is this right?

On a training dummy I can just about get up to 20k, is this good for my ilvl and gear or should I be getting higher? I use incinerate as my filler, is this right?

This is my warlocks armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Avikur/simple

Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    @Tyraen:

* Remember that unless you are very good, you will most likely be carried on DPS for the burning tendon. While the nerfs have allowed this to happen without wiping (you shouldn't have to class stack), you will most likely, if the others are good, be bottom or close to bottom. *

* Keep up Improved Soul Fire, this applies to everything (amalgamation matters too)
    * Save Soulburn for the burn phase; keep in mind this will give you ISF for most of the tendon burn automatically
    * Your mage should really be Arcane instead of Fire (which is terrible for the fight, for more than just the tendon) - in that case, you should Incinerate first to get Critical Mass up, since your mage should be Arcane
    * Think about using an on-use trinket (bottled wishes) instead of your insignia
    * Make sure you keep hitting the amalgamation as it is dying (while its casting its explosion) to keep Combat Mind stacked to full
    * You don't need to use Curse of the Elements if you have a Boomkin in group

* Demonology is the recommended spec for tendon damage
    * As Demo you still want to save all cooldowns and either a moonwell chalice or bottled wishes (on-use trinket) for the tendon phase
    Thx!
    One more question! If 2681 is haste cap, whatfor should i reforge? Mastery or crit? They are very near to each other. But if i look closely at destro spec each mastery gives fire dmg buff. Is it higher than crit?