Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    Can anyone help me with my stats please?
    * Can't say much about dummy DPS considering gear; logs on fights would help
    * You need to change your spec or your glyphs and filler - if you use incinerate filler (not recommended) then you want 3 points in imp. corruption over bane
    * The stamina talent is actually a much better investment than demonic rebirth
    * Don't glyph Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraen View Post
    One more question! If 2681 is haste cap, whatfor should i reforge? Mastery or crit? They are very near to each other. But if i look closely at destro spec each mastery gives fire dmg buff. Is it higher than crit?
    * Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLisi1982 View Post
    Can anyone help me with my stats please?

I am a demonology warlock with 384 ilvl and the T13 4 piece set, I have reforged to be 17% hit and then 1993 haste, I have then gone for mastery, is this right?

On a training dummy I can just about get up to 20k, is this good for my ilvl and gear or should I be getting higher? I use incinerate as my filler, is this right?

This is my warlocks armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Avikur/simple

Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    * Can't say much about dummy DPS considering gear; logs on fights would help
    * You need to change your spec or your glyphs and filler - if you use incinerate filler (not recommended) then you want 3 points in imp. corruption over bane
    * The stamina talent is actually a much better investment than demonic rebirth
    * Don't glyph Fear
    This was from Ultra in the LFR earlier, I know I was 4th but the DPS is low, I was lucky in there as I got my chest and Dagger so my stats aren't quite what I described previously as I haven't reforged them properly yet

ps: the other Lock was Destruction and really well geared

Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

1) Recount doesn't equal World of Logs. I can't see your ability up-times from that chart alone, nor can I see buffs, etc.
    2) You need higher Corruption up-time (the damage is very low compared to what it should be)
    3) You aren't using Shadowflame
    4) You only used Soul Fire 6 times; that number should be higher
    5) Why did you Fel Flame 18 times? That number, in LFR, should be zero
    6) Incinerate is nearly 40% of your damage, while it should make up only about only about 25-30% of it
    7) Your UI and keybinds could probably use a significant amount of work

[afterthought]

Since UI/keybinds work differently for everyone, I won't really give too much "tips" here since it won't apply to everyone and will probably be biased, but if you want some advice shoot me a PM and I'll gladly respond.
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2012-05-26 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lrs1vbzp8fswvgh2/

Just checking to see if I did any better I guess, check page 90 for old post.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lyann/advanced
    Last edited by Marionette; 2012-05-30 at 04:18 AM.

Hi guys,

Due to work-change, I was unable to raid from Jan - Mid April, and now that I'm back, and caught up with gear, I just don't seem to be doing the damage that I should. Please nit-pick me apart. Not doing awesome damage is annoying me to no end.

I really appreciate those who take the time to do so!

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ifcb34x7o6ctraa1/ <- heroic Blackhorn

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dm51igg9jfgr67l8/ <- first 5 heroic

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...edust/advanced <- Armory

Thank you much for your help!
    Last edited by Edust; 2012-06-12 at 04:02 PM.

i see you don't have the spell haste buff that buff should add 2-3k dmg

He has the spell haste buff. The Ele Shaman is dropping Wrath of Air.

You dropped your Demo spec, so we can't tell if something was different/wrong there. In terms of Blackhorn, you're just not staying active enough. Not sure how your raid does it strat-wise, but you don't have any BoA casts, your BoD is only up for 37.2% of the time (should cast it on one of the drakes flying overhead before they drop their add), your other uptimes should be higher, ISF uptime is low, only 27 Conflags in a 6 minute fight, and no Shadowflames.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    He has the spell haste buff. The Ele Shaman is dropping Wrath of Air.

You dropped your Demo spec, so we can't tell if something was different/wrong there. In terms of Blackhorn, you're just not staying active enough. Not sure how your raid does it strat-wise, but you don't have any BoA casts, your BoD is only up for 37.2% of the time (should cast it on one of the drakes flying overhead before they drop their add), your other uptimes should be higher, ISF uptime is low, only 27 Conflags in a 6 minute fight, and no Shadowflames.
    Thanks for the responses. I totally blanked on adding BoA to my destruction rotation for that fight, thanks! I'm clearly struggling with the movement and remaining active, adding the BoA will certainly help that. Thanks for the advice.

I can play all 3 specs, I dropped demo since I'm the only caster dps that raids regularly atm (and our heals are not an issue) and I seem to do better with Destro/Affliction for personal dps. Also it makes carrying 2 specs much easier than having a demo spec. But I can do whatever would be best. If demo is the way to go, I can switch back, no prob. I'll post logs from tonight's raid.

thanks again for taking a look, very much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Edust I also noticed you reforged around having a 2681 haste cap. While this is the point where haste "starts" to lower in value, doesn't always mean you do not want more than 2681 haste. For a fight with 0 movement, like ultraxion, you'd be fine with that haste cap and dumping the rest into mastery. For a fight with heavy movement, like lets say Morchok, Zon'ozz, Blackhorn, etc, it is better to have more haste. Having to move a lot increases the value of haste. As well as having to switch targets. Personally, on Morchok, I have a destro reforge for somewhere between 2800-2900 haste (been a while since I've done destro)

Also note that if you run an afflic spec, you're seriously hurting that spec by stopping at 2681 haste and not having the 3k+ haste you could have. Destro is just fine and dandy with a ton of haste, just not min/maxed. Afflic is not fine and dandy with haste cut off.

Speaking of haste, those orange gems should be int/haste for destro and affliction. If you're primarily destro or afflic, Int/haste gems are fine for demo OS. If you're strickly or at least 7/8 of the time demo, then int/mastery, but if you're only doing half or less of DS as Demo, kinda hurting your other spec you run (which hurts the raid).

And yea. D3 and lack lost of interest besides the 1-2 nights I raid has taken its toll. I still lurk a little, but I probably won't be persistently responding to this thread unless specifically asked to, or if the servers are down and I need something to occupy my mind.

@gracefuldeath thanks for the advice on the haste, and gems. That is something I specifically was wondering about, so I really appreciate the comment. I can play all 3 specs equally well (or equally bad, atm) and would love opinions on what to run. We're just now working on H Spine, and we can get there regardless of my spec, so after reading this thread, I'm think of going back affliction/demo. Would I keep my haste reforge for the Spine, and use something like reforge saver to switch between specs? Again, thanks for your help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spine is a whole new (completely dumb and retarded and terrible) fight for locks. Demo is the best tendon wise, though with all the nerfs, destro and maybe even afflic are doable. But regardless you'll be carried. Stars can align and demo can perform tremendously well (as in not being carried), but that's only happened a handful of times for me :/

There are a ton of threads on how to do spine as a lock here. But it's all about the same thing: Maximizing what little you can already do with a long rampup and a small window.

You would keep your haste reforge for spine for two reasons: 1) 18s window on tendon. Faster dots are up and faster you can spam incinerate the better 2) We suck on tendons, we suck less with popping meta on a tendon, more incinerates you can spam out (even single targeting bloods if you have to) to get your meta cooldown reset via Impending Doom RNG before the second lift of each plate the better.

If you go with demo, you'll want tons of haste. The Shadowbolt spec, but with glyph of incinerate instead of metamorphosis (no need to prolong meta if you dont even get the original full duration on tendons), and use incinerate as a filler. As for the actual order and timing of spell casting, there's many suggestions out there between manually casting and using a /castsequence macro. There are pros and cons for both, I believe the biggest two are you want BoD on the first lift but BoA on the second lift, which requires either two macros or manually casting. But problem with manual casting is chance of messing up and stuff, and a /castsequence macro solve that but only one Bane can be casted this method (again, unless you use two separate macros but then that becomes a headache real fast).

Side note. I've never actually seen the shammy haste totem appear as a buff in logs. And sometimes you can run out of range of it.

Thanks @gracfuldeath. Really appreciate your time. I get the spine deal, I've read your excellent posts in this thread, as well as the separate thread on it. What I was really wondering is, if I go Affliction/Demo, to use Demo on Morchok, Yorsahj, Ultraxion, and Spine, would it be viable to stay with the haste reforges, or should I be switching my reforging based on fight in that case? Or should I just play Affliction except for Spine since we'll down them anyway?

I spec choice for raiding in general is basically a matter of preference (especially with the nerfs), but since I don't really have a preference, just wanted opinions.

Thanks again for your time, not playing well upsets me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Viable? Yes. Optimal? No. Does optimal matter? Depends on your progression. You said you're on spine, so I'm assuming 6/8HM. With the ones you listed (excluding spine) being the far easiest of the hardmodes, I doubt that the difference is significant enough to cause a wipe. The only one with a special mechanic is Yorsahj, and that's just add phases. And demo is yay lol aoe, and well more haste means getting multidots up quicker too.

But then again, with fight lengths cut dramatically short with more nerfs and more gear, more haste might be better to a degree for demo. More ID procs, and I've seen some demo ranks with like <45s meta CDs. And two metas in a 2min fight is O.O

So yea, it's viable and shouldn't be wipe causing. If it is, it's because it's a newly downed fight and not on farm, which in that case you should want to be optimal. Most of these have trash beforehand anyways, plenty of time to reforge. Reforge Saver is an amazing addon.

Excellent. thank you very much for all of your help, it really is appreciated! I'm gonna check back in tomorrow with new logs. Thanks again for all the help (getting old sucks)[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 03:42 PM ----------

Here is the log from last night's raid. Bad night (even by my standards) and I already picked up several things to do better, but want to submit it to be nitpicked, in case there is even more things than I'm noticing. The reason bane of doom uptime is so low is because my buttontimers had it as a cooldown instead of an aura and therefore was not tracking it, I fixed it for the blackhorn fight..... (not sure if a 6 year old is capable of going in there and changing it, but wouldn't put it past him at this point)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-42dj95q1qo3c99lq/

Here is an updated armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...edust/advanced

When I go Demo, gems stay, I reforge my stats to:
    Mastery-2217
    Haste-2016
    Crit-532

Thanks again for helping out an old man
    Last edited by Edust; 2012-06-13 at 08:40 PM.

Bumping for my warlock friend.

Hello all,

Well, i'm coming here because i feel like my dps should be higher than it is, i know my rotation isn't 100% perfect, but i know what i need to do, and feel like i'm executing it at a rather high level. I've reforged for mastery because i've run several sims and my stat priority has always come out with mastery a good deal ahead. I can attach my sims if they would be helpful, otherwise here is a parse of tonights 25h Ultraxion

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=866&e=1205

My name is blackmagic, my armory is located here:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Blackmagiç/

Any suggestions would be helpful, or if you think i'm doing something wierd i can try an explain my thought process, but any corrections would be greatly apprciated. Thank you!

my sims have me at 39.562k and while i know thats perfect play, i feel like it should be closer to it, around the 35-37k mark, for that last attempt i was at 31.8k

Thank you again, any help is greatly appreciated

Ti'tahk is exceptionally poor for Demo since bane of doom ignores haste. Try reading up about "snapshotting" and also try to cast shadowflame on cooldown.

So ive been playing demo a year now and i have recently quit for 3 months and came back. Granted i rank and raid in us top 300+ guilds. Im nothing special just a good lock. Now that being said i just cameback to the game and i have some questions since im doing awfull granted behind gear

Q: Is mastery spec reforging everything to mastery and putting int mastery gems in yellow sockets using glyph of corruption and sb spec better than reforging the 1993 haste and going incin spec?

Q:Prepull gear swap is this better with incin spec or mastery

Q:rotation, Should i be casting immolate before coruption or after? i do corruption and bane at the same time.

Any feedback would be nice just somethings i am wondering about thanks

Deleted
    Hey guys lately I`m having some problems dps wise. I feel i can do more on the fights but i literaly don`t know what i can do extra to get a extra push.
    Maybe a opinon from a more qualified warlock would help. If you think there`s something i did wrong and can do better please tell me.
    Here is the link from latest log. On the ultraxion fight before pull i pressed my insignia of corrupted mind hc instead of WoU so i know that was a dps decrease. Also during the raid different from my current armory i had the HC Spine hands and on VP Ring had a 50int gem. I was sitting at 21Master with around 2005 haste. Do you think the extra 2 points in mastery would overcome the 103 intelect i lost ? I am also 2 weeks from legendary so i know that will be a big plus but in the meantime please tell me what mistakes you can see .
    Unfortunately i cannot post links just yet. My char name is Shirohae on Alliance Silvermoon EU.I guess the logs can be viewed with wow heroes quickly.

Thanks , Shiro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirohae View Post
    Hey guys lately I`m having some problems dps wise. I feel i can do more on the fights but i literaly don`t know what i can do extra to get a extra push.
    Maybe a opinon from a more qualified warlock would help. If you think there`s something i did wrong and can do better please tell me.
    Here is the link from latest log. On the ultraxion fight before pull i pressed my insignia of corrupted mind hc instead of WoU so i know that was a dps decrease. Also during the raid different from my current armory i had the HC Spine hands and on VP Ring had a 50int gem. I was sitting at 21Master with around 2005 haste. Do you think the extra 2 points in mastery would overcome the 103 intelect i lost ? I am also 2 weeks from legendary so i know that will be a big plus but in the meantime please tell me what mistakes you can see .
    Unfortunately i cannot post links just yet. My char name is Shirohae on Alliance Silvermoon EU.I guess the logs can be viewed with wow heroes quickly.

Thanks , Shiro.
    For future information, you can post links in the way of just leaving out the domain name. Such as leave out the worldoflogs.com but put the /reports/blahblahblah

For demo, ICM/CoC combo is better if you get to pop the doomguard at the start while the buff is active. You did pop it 3s after ICM procced, but you still made your Doomguard pretty weak. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. Powertorrent was procced, but lightweave wasn't. Now, bad luck on that pull would have it that PT faded just before LW procced, but the fact you didn't hold out as long as you could shows you weren't planning on doing so. If you did use WoU, this would have also given time for additional stacks. We also treat Immolation Aura in the same exact manner.

You're also starting out with the wrong pet. If you read any lock guides, for demo we start out with the felguard, and switch to the felhunter after the Felstorm ends. That being said, you're whole opener is slightly off. You went Soulburn > Soul Fire > CoE > Meta > Immo Aura > Shadowflame > Immolate > corruption > BoD > DS:Felhunter.

Several things wrong here. 1) DS:Felhunter is a buff. Therefore, dots do not automatically get the 20% shadow dmg buff when you pop it. For ALL dots and CDs, you pop before dot. You basically wasted 90% of that DS:Felhunter by popping it after you dotted. At most, you got half of the possible buffed corruption depending on the next refresh, but BoD was not buffed at all. And like I mentioned earlier, this shouldn't even have been DS:Felhunter, it should have been DS:Felguard. But the same mechanic applies.
    2) Used your soulburn for a soulfire and not summoning the felhunter, since we start with the felguard
    3) shadowflaming before dotting. I suggest you review the EJ priority list, dots take a much higher priority.
    4) Casting CoE when you already have a Boomkin and an assasination rogue. They apply the debuff automatically with their attacks.

The general opener for demo is pre-pot> pre-cast Shadow Bolt or Incinerate (based on demo spec) > combat > CoE (if needed) > Meta/DS:Felguard + Felstorm when pet in range > Activate Soulburn > Immolate > BoD > Corruption > HoG > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Filler (shadow bolt or Incinerate based on spec). And the moment feltsorm ends (38s left on the CD, or when he stops spinning), use the activated soulburn to summon the felhunter. Pop Immolation Aura/Doomguard at the optimal time.

Dot wise, you're corruption uptime was really really low, for any fight, not just a complete standstill fight. You're overclipping BoD. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Meta, don't clip it when you don't have meta. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and DS:Felguard),When in doubt, don't clip.

Use soulburn > soulfire on CD (except for the first initial pet swap), might have missed out on one. But might also be due to the logger fading out.

Barely looked over other fights, but same general things. Not starting with the right pet. On Yorsahj, it just seems like you're not popping CD's on CD. Seems like you're saving them until there's finally some specific phase. Holding off on Meta as demo is in general a dps loss, since that means you aren't letting rng take in affect for ID procs to lower the CD of your next meta. Multidot the adds on Yor too when they spawn, immo/corr. So lucky they let you sit in melee on zon'ozz, but it only works if you can keep your dots up too. But good shadowflaming on CD.

Spine....No corruption on tendons? Really? A HUGE chunk of your tendon dps is your felhunter's Shadowbite, which gets buffed for each additional dot. AND you should have the Glyph of corruption instead of meta for the chance of an instant cast. Two locks using CoE on the same tendon? Looks like your auto-CoE appliers either weren't in on the fight (boomkin) and all your available rogues when sub. Which means ONE lock has to waste a GCD to apply it. ONE lock. We're bad enough on that fight as it is, no need to hurt each other. One lock should be casting CoE first, and the other lock should be casting Shadowbolt/Incinerate for the SnF crit debuff. You and Ghiavol need to work out that CoE situation.

You also used CoC/VP trinket? Wrong combo. You use WoU and VP trinket or MWC. If your group is consistently getting the tendons to 30% or less each first lift, then MWC is better since you can provided extra dmg on the first lift and not need it for the second lift since you're pretty much twiddling your thumbs anyways at that low of health. It dies like halfway through your ramp up. CoC is not the trinket to use because of the random aoe damage. Just make sure you keep up your 10 stacks of WoU going into each lift, meaning keep hitting the amalg with anything to refresh it while it's about to explode.

If you have the HC spine hands...then why aren't you using them for all the fights? They're BiS. Your VP ring should not be 50 mastery. At least 25int/25mastery, if not 50 int. int >>>> other stats.

Overall, use the correct pet at the start and a better opening. And work a lot on dot uptimes.