Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosshadow View Post
    What do you mean by extend your procs?
    Dark Soul: Misery gives you 30% Haste. This Haste means your DoTs tick quicker, and they tick more over the duration, leading to more damage. If you cast a DoT during Dark Soul, it will keep that extra duration/tick speed/total ticks until the DoT is complete. DoTs will always snapshot whatever buffs you have on you at the time of cast, whether it be Haste, or Mastery, or Spellpower, or anything.

To 'extend' your procs, what you do is you extend your DoTs right before your procs run out. Here's an example - you cast Dark Soul, and then Agony - it lasts 24 seconds. When your Dark Soul runs out, your Agony has 4 seconds left on it, and you've gotten 24 seconds of Agony affected by Dark Soul by the end. If you refresh Agony right before Dark Soul ends, however, your Agony has 48 seconds of Dark Soul's effect.

You should try to do this with pretty much every single major buff - Dark Soul, Bloodlust, DMC, PvP trinket, Flashfrozen trinket, etc. Bonus points if you extend your DoTs with multiple buffs on you.

Your DoTs are weak because you don't do this. Because they're weak, your MG looks relatively stronger.

The rest of the gap between your performance and sim is probably due in large part to buffs - no Bloodlust, no Crit, no Spell Haste, no Stats, as well as pots and flask.

Deleted
    Hey,

my warlock DPS right away sucks and I don't know why. I read every freaking thread about warlocks and try to get my outcome of it, I try to improve mysselve everytime I can, but I didnt catch up the 2 other warlocks in our guild. Both try to help me but its very hard for them to help.

I am not allowed to post links, so pls look at my logs:
    WoL -> German -> Onyxia -> Innervision
    Elegon Kill Tuesday
    Last WOTE Try Yesterday

As you see in Elegon I am around 10k to 15k DPS behind them, the same thing as in Will of EMpore.
    But I should be as same DPS as them, maybe in front of them, because I got DMC + Elegon Trinket.
    We all have same spec (ofc), same mastery-reforged.
    The only thing I know what is my problem is that I have a wand and waste 1% hit in not having a other weapon.

Any ideas?

My inputs:
    - For start I start with a single dotline of every dot with DS which I Update with SS:SB as soon as all trinkets are up (~5 seconds after pull) and try to refresh as last as possible and get them as long as possible to tick.
    - On Elegon adds I nuke with SS:SB without Hount and MG after this until dead of the add
    - On WOTE I try to get as much shards as possible and Multidot everytime 2 targets at the same time.

Hello all, AFF lock here looking for some help. I have been comparing logs and even though my dot uptimes are usually on par or even better than others, they seem to do far more dps than me. Below is my log for Stone Guard:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=5812&e=6180

I went ahead and found a ranked lock (with similar kill time) and compared below:

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/50759...e000561#damage

Any help would be wonderful, I am very curious as to why his dots tick so much harder. Thanks all!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically just look at his gear. It is significantly better. Almost +1,5k int, and more haste (if i remember correctly the breakpoints he gets new ticks for the dots) and he has higher master = more powerful dots which already tick more often than you do.

Also looking at your logs - there were times when not all dots were present on both active dogs. There are large pauses in MG. More significant is that you wasted a huge ton of haunt uptime not MGing the doggy. And i see the haunt on 2 dogs at once! U can't MG two targets u know?
    Pay more attention to your dots. Choose position wisely and don't waste haunt uptime. U may loose some minor fraction of haunt during when u desperately need to run somewhere (use teleport, burning rush), but always try to MG when haunt is up. Its vital. Or you will constantly end up with huge losses in DPS

Anyone get a chance to look through my logs really quickly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuyzakiaPCG View Post
    Anyone get a chance to look through my logs really quickly?
    I'm not very good at analyzing logs, but you seem to hardly ever use Soul Swap, and I don't see any Exhales at all, I think meaning you only used SS with SB and not as a regular spell. When multi dotting, like on Stone Guard especially, SS can be a very useful spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our Aff Locks DPS is LOW. Around HALF of what he'd need to be to parse, compared to other people being 80-130%. Here are some links to our WOL.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3379&e=3727

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/189383/

Name is Immorality.

Any advice I could pass on would be AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Our Aff Locks DPS is LOW. Around HALF of what he'd need to be to parse, compared to other people being 80-130%. Here are some links to our WOL.
    Any advice I could pass on would be AMAZING!
    Considering you sent him down to the Spirit Realm 5 times, his log is very inaccurate. He's phased so his Spirit Realm DPS will not show up.

With that being said, we can look at other fights to see what he's doing.
    1) He either is using some sort of cast sequence macro or he's relying way too much on muscle memory: In a 7:50 fight in Stone Guard he cast Curse of the Elements 10 times. On the Jade Guardian he cast it 5 times.
    2) He doesn't use Soulburn once or Soul Swap.
    3) Wasted Haunts:
    [19:30:57.967] Cobalt Guardian's Haunt is refreshed by Immorality
    [19:31:00.963] Cobalt Guardian's Haunt is refreshed by Immorality

As I get more and more into it, you should probably just tell him to read a good guide (Evrelia's guide maybe, right on these forums). He doesn't give his DoTs the benefit of his cooldowns, because he doesn't SB:SS he's not executing correctly, doesn't pot, interrupts MG constantly, etc.

I feel like I should be doing about 10-15k more dps on almost every fight.

Any ideas why my damage is low?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Harkins/simple

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iq3ufn2peyms88d7/details/35/?s=5001&e=5603

Hi guys here are my logs from last night: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3d...um/damageDone/ I am a new re-roll to locks so I'm still learning how to master them. I know my damage is probably good enough but my goal on any dps class is always to rank top 10ish (whether I am able to do that or not is another isuee :P). Any good warlocks out there who can give me some tips on how to maximize my damage a bit more?

10+ Year Old Account
    If people are interested: I could make instructional videos, specificly targeted at the warlock community, instead of common first kill videos.
    Those would contain specific instructions of talents, priority and so on for every heroic encounter and maybe some interface/misc tips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    If people are interested: I could make instructional videos, specificly targeted at the warlock community, instead of common first kill videos.
    Those would contain specific instructions of talents, priority and so on for every heroic encounter and maybe some interface/misc tips.
    That would be very nice of you!

Deleted
    Okay, so we have been wiping allday at Will of the emperor 25 man. I seems to do something very wrong since i pull like 20k less dps then the other locks. And there is barly no gear diffrence. I have no idea what im doing wrong and would love some help.

imageshack.us/f/16/39905004.jpg/

Todays recount hope someone can help me abit atleast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furi0uz View Post
    Okay, so we have been wiping allday at Will of the emperor 25 man. I seems to do something very wrong since i pull like 20k less dps then the other locks. And there is barly no gear diffrence. I have no idea what im doing wrong and would love some help.

imageshack.us/f/16/39905004.jpg/

Todays recount hope someone can help me abit atleast
    Recount is not ideal, and I'm no expert but I notice 2 things at least 1) you only have 28 Haunts registered, against the other 2 guys 40+. and 2) you seem to be lower on Unstable Affliction damage, more than 100 ticks less on the whole. This probably means your UA uptime was low.

When compared to lock no.1 you have significantly less multidotting done than him. When compared to the other guy you have about the same number of Malefic Grasp ticks BUT he has WAY more damage done with his ticks. This relates to having less Haunts used, but most likely also that that guy had a better usage of MG while he had Haunt up.

That's about all I can give you from that, maybe someone else has more they can gleen from this info.

10+ Year Old Account
    He does not drain...
    On normal at least, more or less all you do on this fight is: SB:SS x 4, drain an add for full shards, repeat...not much to it.

I was kinda wondering if its smarter to gem 80 int + stat vs just pure stat in your gem spots.
    Also I was wondering if 4700 haste is a cap worth getting instead of just rocking around 3000 for the 5 tick on MG.
    Thanks!

so I have a 470 ilvl and am horrendously underperforming as affliction, I cant post a link, so if anyone wouldnt mind me pm'ing them, I am having issues with gems, reforging, etc.

Tonight was the first night I picked up Affliction and just felt like I should've been doing more damage. I have 7% hit which I'm told although it will make your damage someone inconsistent its not to big of a deal with current gear scaling we are actually able to manage and still pull good numbers. Its a Feng kill so there isn't too much movement and there is a fair bit of standing around.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3494&e=3966

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    I would also be interrested, especially on the "Heroic guides for warlocks" things as I was currently thinking of doing one myself.

Hey folks, destro here! While I know that Destro isn't simming as high as affliction, nor as easy to be beast at, I'd like some additional eyes here on my guild's attempts to get a better idea of what I may be overlooking.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lh...yze/dd/source/

We have 16 attempts on Stone Guard H25 that are also available for scrutiny. I'm just not seeing how I go from 80k on Emperor 25 to 40-60k here.

Any and all ideas would be wonderfully received.