Deleted
    well from what i saw, you use your haunts quite badly. haunt should only be used when you have your supercharged dots up or if you have 4 shards or during execution phase as you wont be able to have a 100% haunt uptime and since you cant, then its better to atleast make sure that when it is up you get the most out of it when you have it up. The affdots addon will help you a lot when it comes to knowing when you have your supercharged dots up as it shows you what the strength of your current dots on target is and what the strength would be if you refreshed your dots now and it will also tell you when you would get the best duration from your dots for when you're in the refresh window(remember fel flame adds current procs and extends duration on your dots, it will help you to keep supercharged dots rolling) and when to use haunt optimally.

also i can recommend watching evrelia's video guide posted on these forums in the "affliction warlock and encounter specific guides" (its stickied)as he goes in depth into proper usage of haunt or rather optimal usage of haunt and you can get a lot of help how to maximize your dps on various encounters, altho they tend to be for heroics. you can always go to his stream and ask him questions directly and he tends to answer most of the questions asked.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2012-11-30 at 06:31 AM.

Your UI is too dark. I had to look hard to see how many shards you had. You have dark purple when you have a shard, and dark purple when you don't. And your dots. Take the gloss off of your dot timers. Your UI doesn't have to look sleek. It has to do the job. You did well on the putting your procs on Power auras, but place then in an area near your dots. With the way you have it set up now, you have to look left, and look right. Using peripheral is good for things, but not on keeping trac of procs. You want to see what you have without having to move your eyes too much. And as someone said, your haunt/shard management is lacking. Only use haunt on empowered dots, if you're going to use MG, then use it. Since you have sacrifice, MG is getting buffed, so use it while you're moving too (Minus attenuation).

Your target cast bar is in an unusual place too. I would consider moving it lower. Your going too far into Mastery imo. Sim your character with reforge plots for haste and mastery. You can see how much of a dps gain reforging from one to the other will give you.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2012-11-30 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...efore-posting)

Please read stickies before posting.
    Pretty rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Pretty rude.
    Isn't it more rude to make a new thread and expect to get special treatment when everyone else gotta post in an already existing thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Pretty rude.
    But true, even though it isn't his job do judge.

While I mash the threads together, I'd like to remember you of the report button

Would anyone mind helping me out with my post please? (previous page)
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Would anyone mind helping me out with my post please? (previous page)
    There's not much room for improvement (at least from my POV). You have decent DPS, decent uptimes, etc. One thing I noticed from the logs is that you let Agony drop off twice at the beginning of the Feng fight - with agony you have to make sure you are casting it during the 12 second pandemic window because of all the dots you have this is the most important to have up 100%, even if that means letting corruption and UA fall off until your string of bad rng luck runs out.

Deleted
    Hiya,

As I rerolled Warlock 2 weeks ago, I still feel like I'm doing way to low DPS according to my gear.

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wemul/advanced
    Here's my WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/23...alendar/11-12/

(Everything above 28th of November the logs before that are already "covered" and I did some changes)

On Feng I did die, so I lose some DPS there.

I hope this is enough information. If you want my UI, tell me and I'll make screenshot.

(Soz can't post normal links )

Also I had a question about AskMrRobot, it says that I should use Windsong enchant
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-01 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Fixed your links

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwemul View Post
    Hiya,

As I rerolled Warlock 2 weeks ago, I still feel like I'm doing way to low DPS according to my gear.

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wemul/advanced
    Here's my WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/23...alendar/11-12/

(Everything above 28th of November the logs before that are already "covered" and I did some changes)

On Feng I did die, so I lose some DPS there.

I hope this is enough information. If you want my UI, tell me and I'll make screenshot.

(Soz can't post normal links )

Also I had a question about AskMrRobot, it says that I should use Windsong enchant
    Don't have much time to spare, but few things.

You seem to be over hit cap, I think. YOu have 1% expertise from using a sword + 15% hit, so you should be able to reforge out of a bit of hit. For casters you can use expertise or hit as long as the total is 15% you're good. Just check you stats in game to make sure you are over the cap, like I think you are.

IF you have the gold to spare AND you are certain to not get a normal mode weapon for a while I'd invest in a Jade Spirit enchant for your weapon. If you DO have gold troubles and/or think you'll get a normal mode weapon soonish then I'd just chuck Windsong on it. Windsong is still a very good enchant, especially considering the low price.

Had a brief look at your logs, I think you seem to be doing pretty damn well for a 2 week reroller, but I did notice a few times where your Corruption uptime seemed weak, or at least the lowest of the 3 dots. Corruption is too important too slouch on, it's what generates your Soul Shards and you should take care to get as much uptime as you can for it. And with a future where your 2 piece tier set buffs Corruption with 10% you need to start getting good up times even more.

That's all I had time for, good luck

Deleted
    Hey,

Thanks ^_^.
    You'd most likely watched my armory when I messed up my reforges on wowreforges lol. I forgot I had the sword so I could use lower rating (I was at 16.01% due to that). I had to log out to see how I should reforge :P
    I did change it now.

And I already have Jade Spirit enchant, but AskMrRobot tells me (when I do the optimization) to use Windsong.
    But I just checked and they removed it now lol. (It was yesterday and the question was stuck in my head for the past 20hours lol ;D)

Another pic me apart thread, long read.

10m Normal modes, 6hrs a week. hardcore about being casual!

I switched to ranged this expansion, I've been tanking since Firelands. So keep in mind that I'm not 100% comfortable in my role just yet but I'm getting there. I need help identifying the last few things so I can keep improving.

Mazar
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mazar/advanced

Addons are ELVUI, Button timers (for dots), Big Wigs, etc.

MSV Normal

Doggies
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/07jfd.../5/?s=52&e=325

Often I refresh the dots on my second target with Soulburn. I feel its me being lazy and that it may be a dps loss. I see the dots on all the enemy targets so I bet if I focused a bit more I could reapply them individually to get more haunts/save shards. Anyone find better results with SB SS vs reapplying the dots individually?

Feng
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/07jfd.../?s=715&e=1080

Spirit Kings
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/07jfd...?s=2133&e=2551

Curious about how you guys take down the skulls. What rotation/spells are you using on it. I tend to stay on the boss if I see that the majority of our group are on the skull. We run a heavy ranged group so they go down fast.

Elegon
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/07jfd...?s=7368&e=7901

I'm losing focus on my shard count when entering phase 2, the first couple runs of the night I started phase 2 with 1 or less shards. In Ph1 I stay on the boss, we have two of us stay on the boss to make sure we hit 85% before a third Protector comes out. I know this is something that I'll probably make sure to pay attetion to in the future. You guys use a shard addon?

Will the easyemperor
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/07jfd...s=9822&e=10454

Every time the two smaller adds die I apply 3 targets with SB SS. Aiming for SB SS the two boss's every time if I'm in range.

General questions

-Teleports wand warp gate.
    You guys have any practical use's for these. I have a couple, the water boss in terrace, use the teleport to get to the center when the boss's pushes us to the edge. Elegon, I try to keep one near the edge of my orb/pillar. Just in case I fall, which I haven't.

-I'm Affliction, any fights you recommend going Destro? I like Aff getter in raid, seems like Im managing a system over just doing a rotation. But I'd switch if it would make fights easier. I PvP as Destro, I'd probably prefer Demo right now but that doesn’t seem like an option for me atm.

-Any tips for HOF?
    We're 1/6 and hoping to get 2/6+ this Sunday. First fight seems prettystraight forward. Blade lord should have been a kill for us but people fail at tornadoes. Anyone using a port.

-Talent/Glyps
    Any recommendations on any fight would be appreciated. You can see what I use in my armory, I usually leave them the way they are.

Thanks for any tips guys! Feel free to comment

Should be going for a haste breakpoint for one, at this moment you're sitting at 3006 and should possibly be going for 4717 if not 4198 depending on which one doesn't sacrifice cutting too much mastery.

I'm also in a causal raiding guild(I use to play a dps DK in cata, also new to range myself..weird adjustment :P), 3 nights a week. 6 hours for progression, 3 for farming, sometimes the extra 3 are put for progression i.e. we are currently on shek'zeer so we're using it to put more time into it. I raid affliction on every fight but wind lord and amber-shaper which I raid demo on and AoE whore, just my preference since I will always switch to demo on any fight with slight aoe, I just dread affliction aoe so much. Anyways, onto your questions.

These are the fights and reasons of where I use the demonic gateway:
    Zor'lok | To get from the left or right platform, I use my portal on the third.
    Feng | So the melee can get into the bubble, that is casted on the range because we have 2 lifegrips.
    Four Kings| Not very often, sometimes I'll remember to throw it down since it helps sometimes.
    Elegon | To help get back to the control panel faster.
    Will | To help with kiting away the rages.

If you're good as destro, then play destro. Simple as that, in terms of where it performs best is fights where you can use and abuse mannoroth's fury, i.e. amber-shaper, elegon, etc.

I recommend taking KJC as affliction for both Blade lord and garalon progression, trust me...it will make a night and day difference in your DPS when progressing.

Not many needed glyphs other then soul shards which you already have, that and maybe the demonic gateway one if you don't want to have to click it.
    Last edited by Kink; 2012-12-01 at 09:21 PM.

So, I finally got tired of fighting with guildies about my dps. As far as I am aware, I am doing things correctly - refreshing dots w/ pandemic when they get higher power; haunt with int procs/4 shards; etc. But the response I get from them is always "other warlocks... other warlocks... other warlocks..."

I know on a personal level that I am weak on fights with lots of adds or movement, and that I just need to improve my own skill level there. I've run simcraft on my character, both patchwerk w/ raid buffs and target dummy w/o raid buffs, and my results in-game came out close to the results of simcraft. I also just downloaded the AffDots addon, and I expect that to help close the gap between my results even more.

Basically, my question is this: Are my guildies correct and I am still just missing something?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...levic/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13636&e=14028

Edit-
    I've changed up my reforges slightly since original posting.
    Stats to go with the log :
    ~15% hit
    ~63% Mastery
    ~10% Haste
    Crit unchanged
    Last edited by Mond; 2012-12-02 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mond View Post
    I know on a personal level that I am weak on fights with lots of adds or movement
    A cursory glance over your logs on Raidbots indicates that this is your issue. Being able to execute on a single target fight is fine, but this tier is loaded with add/movement fights. It is not how you are playing Warlock at a fundamental level, but your aptitude for switching targets and being able to maintain your rotation while on the move that they're pointing to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Being able to execute on a single target fight is fine, but this tier is loaded with add/movement fights.
    Yeah, it's been very frustrating for me. But like I said, I am definitely working on improving my performance for those types of fights, movement especially, because I know I am not good at them. Their argument though has been for all fights, including patchwerk types. Any suggestions on ways to get better at maintaining good dps on the move? I'm running with KJC now after the patch, would use fel flame as needed before 5.1, but still my dps is rather lackluster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mond View Post
    Basically, my question is this: Are my guildies correct and I am still just missing something?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...levic/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13636&e=14028
    The gear you logged out in shows 15% hit and 1,5% expertise, so unless you changed a piece and forgot to reforge you are WAY over hitcap. That's a whole bunch of stats to put somewhere, that should be a nice chunk of DPS methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The gear you logged out in shows 15% hit and 1,5% expertise, so unless you changed a piece and forgot to reforge you are WAY over hitcap. That's a whole bunch of stats to put somewhere, that should be a nice chunk of DPS methinks.
    What? He has 4637 hit and 519 expertise on his gear. Hit cap is 15% = 5100 hit (340 per 1%). Still wasting 56 stats (or more than 1000, if you ask me; hit = shit), but yeah not 1.5% over cap.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    That's a quirk with the armory. It shows total hit% (hit and exp ratings) and exp a second time. I do realize though, that I don't need to be hitcapped, and I have dropped to 12% since last logout. However at the moment I perfer keeping my hit rating high, both for progression as well as to make it easier on my brain while I practice dpsing during movement fights.

Edit-
    I've also been wondering, how much of a difference would a new weapon make? Been stuck with this same 463 since week 1.
    Last edited by Mond; 2012-12-02 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    There's not much room for improvement (at least from my POV). You have decent DPS, decent uptimes, etc. One thing I noticed from the logs is that you let Agony drop off twice at the beginning of the Feng fight - with agony you have to make sure you are casting it during the 12 second pandemic window because of all the dots you have this is the most important to have up 100%, even if that means letting corruption and UA fall off until your string of bad rng luck runs out.
    That was due to fengs earthquake thing. I should have refreshed it earlier though.

At other comments though, people?
    We dream, we dream.