Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Use him during Bloodlust, he'll do more.

Looking at a recent Feng kill for you, your DoT uptimes are 92, 86 and 83%. Those are way too low, and have a lot to do with your dps problems. If you're struggling to keep good uptimes on Feng, (which is basically patchwerk) then you're probably struggling to multidot effectively. What are you using to track your DoTs?
    If you're looking at the most recent fight I died twice during that boss, thus the low numbers.

I use timers on xperl as well as affdots. During a "perfect" encounter where I don't die I can usually do 98-99% uptime as seen on previous weeks on feng.
    Last edited by Azelgoth; 2012-12-30 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    Hey Azelgoth.

Not a real expert here, though I tend to get some good numbers as a fresh affliction warlock (switched from destro, but who cares ?)

Anyway, as I just looked a little into your logs and reforging/gemming etc... I noticed a few stuffs.

First of all, about your gear:

1) Try to get the Darkmoon Fair trinket : Relic of Yu'lon. It shouldn't be too expensive now and it's definitely a best in slot for all casters until you get heroic ones. No question about that. Another thing: I see you upgraded 3 parts of your equipment that are really not BIS. generally, you shall always keep your valor points for at least your weapon when you get it on normal mode, and peferably Tsulong's sword OR Lei Shi's staff. Don't use it on shitty shoulders like you did, especially when it's crit, your worst stat, and a 489 gear piece.

2) Careful about gemming: You tend to gem mastery all the way (which is supposed to be good at your gear level) but somehow, a lost 160 intell gem is hiding in your shoulders.

3) Reforge: If you read the guides, you should also know there is now a - supposed to be reached - breakpoint in Haste: 4717 (or 6100 or something at higher gear level). Reach it !

4) Enchanting: Your cloak !

Now, about how to dps well, I shall only wish you to go check 2 things:

- Evrelia's post (it should be a sticky on this forum), where a video explains pretty well the basics of "How to make everyone reroll warlock".
    -Sparkuggz (or Sparkugzz ? I'm always confused with the z or g.. geez) 's video about "how to reach 200k opening a fight". It works just great.

Now to work on the "you do that, you shouldn't", there are few things.

1st, your opener is not exactly perfect as it should because of one thing you need to understand and that both very skilled warlocks I just mentioned say, you need to be able to get as much haunt on your target WHEN Dark soul is up. Which means : do not cast Dark Soul and your procs before applying haunt on the target. That said, you shall understand that the perfect opener is about precasting haunt THEN poping your CDs (Dark soul and stuffs..) then applying dots, then MG, then reapplying dots, because your going to get pretty much all your procs in 5 secondes, so you need your dots to gain full power). Usually, you need about 5 Haunts to gain full power for your opener (2 times SB + SS, and 3 Haunts to get full benefit of Dark Soul). And usually, you will get 1 proc of shadow trance so don't worry about that.

It sounds quite a pain in the ass but you'll manage to get used to it.

Now, the second important thing is about how you use your haunts. You shall not use it when it's up. That's the very important thing about haunt, never use it when you don't have intell procs. Use it only with your best procs, and there, you'll understand the importance of the Relic of Yu'lon which occurs a lot and empowers your dots AND your haunt, so your dps overall. But yeah, you get the point.

As a +, I could only tell you to use the very best add on lately for locks: Affdots. It pretty much PLs you. Just go to the warlock post on this forum that explains everything, it will change your life. Good thing about it too is that developpers of this add-on tend to answer very quickly to people who'd like to get special features on it that could help so don't hesitate !

Oh and if you got trouble about managing your procs, you can always get great add ons such as Tellmewhen or Weakauras.

Finally, one thing that people shall tell you regading your logs is definitely the uptime of your dots. For example on Feng, you get only 83% uptime on your UA, 86 on corruption, and 92.5 for Agony. You can loose about 10k dps here.

That's it for the long post. And no, I don't have any potatoe.

Was a quick look, sorry.

That said, you died twice without using a single defensive CD or Healthstone. Dead dps is no dps.

Went back another week to look at Feng. 64, 64 and 67% for DoT uptime, and you never died. What are you using to track your DoTs?

Was a quick look, sorry.

That said, you died twice without using a single defensive CD or Healthstone. Dead dps is no dps.

Went back another week to look at Feng. 64, 64 and 67% for DoT uptime, and you never died. What are you using to track your DoTs?
    Affdots. I guess I'm not tracking them as well as I thought. I'll run a LFR feng tonight and see what my DPS is while prioritizing DoT uptime above all else. Do you usually refresh right below 50% or right before falling off?

Quote Originally Posted by Azelgoth View Post
    Affdots. I guess I'm not tracking them as well as I thought. I'll run a LFR feng tonight and see what my DPS is while prioritizing DoT uptime above all else. Do you usually refresh right below 50% or right before falling off?

If you have more procs active than when the DoT was applied, you can refresh as soon as you're below 50% of the original (not max) duration of the DoT. If not, reapply right before it falls off.

If you have more procs active than when the DoT was applied, you can refresh as soon as you're below 50% of the original (not max) duration of the DoT. If not, reapply right before it falls off.
    Got it. And maintain haunt as much as possible? I've heard mixed things about this. Some say to only use it when you have an int proc. I would think maintaining it as much as possible and spamming MG with all dots up would be best...

Use it with procs, or if you're above 2 shards. When DS is up, you want to use as many as you can.

Use it with procs, or if you're above 2 shards. When DS is up, you want to use as many as you can.
    So below 2 shards just spam MG and refresh dots as close to fall off as possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Use him during Bloodlust, he'll do more.
    Nope, not true. Evrelia went through the logs and looked at it, wether through design or through bug, the Doomguard does precisely 17 casts before "dying" regardless of haste effects. Thus using him at execute/last minute of the fight is best. Unless you need him for a specific phase.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Nope, not true. Evrelia went through the logs and looked at it, wether through design or through bug, the Doomguard does precisely 17 casts before "dying" regardless of haste effects. Thus using him at execute/last minute of the fight is best. Unless you need him for a specific phase.
    Thanks for this, I'll keep it in mind.

Deleted
    Ilvl: 487
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fuerta/simple
    WoL - MsV: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ikc3kssgkvh2h12z/
    Full clear of a random MsV
    (Dont look at elegon, epic fail on my part)
    ___
    A few weeks ago i made a simular post, and since then i have been working on the advice i got
    ___
    So should i by happy at where i am?
    or are there still alot of improvements to be done?
    - I am not hitting any haste cap precisely, that is because according to simcraft reforge plots, where i am gives me the best benefit
    - If there are improvements to be done, how much dps are we talking about?
    __
    Happy new year to all

Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    Ilvl: 487
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fuerta/simple
    WoL - MsV: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ikc3kssgkvh2h12z/
    Full clear of a random MsV
    (Dont look at elegon, epic fail on my part)
    ___
    A few weeks ago i made a simular post, and since then i have been working on the advice i got
    ___
    So should i by happy at where i am?
    or are there still alot of improvements to be done?
    - I am not hitting any haste cap precisely, that is because according to simcraft reforge plots, where i am gives me the best benefit
    - If there are improvements to be done, how much dps are we talking about?
    __
    Happy new year to all

If you're ranking top 100, you're doing fine. I'm sure there's small things you could improve on, but its not worth stressing yourself over until you're pushing heroics.

Deleted
    Hey

I have a few questions normally i never post here but i like to get something off my chest so i know if i am doing something wrong am a trial in new guild

ilvl 496 warlock with VS ilvl 502 warlock with
    23343 SP 24890 SP
    14.5 % hit 15 % hit
    12.3 % haste (5184) 18.02 % haste (7659)
    64.05 % mastery (7596) 64.29 % mastery (7643)

Could anyone tell me how much dps diffrence this is on any given fight doesnt matter i am being asked to compete with their warlocks but i think they are way out of my league gear wise i am sitting roughly 10-15 k dps under them every fight since i cannot find any decent logs with warlock of my level of gear anymore what would be a rough number what i am supposed to be doing ?

Salute Iggy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy6681 View Post
    Hey

I have a few questions normally i never post here but i like to get something off my chest so i know if i am doing something wrong am a trial in new guild

ilvl 496 warlock with VS ilvl 502 warlock with
    23343 SP 24890 SP
    14.5 % hit 15 % hit
    12.3 % haste (5184) 18.02 % haste (7659)
    64.05 % mastery (7596) 64.29 % mastery (7643)

Could anyone tell me how much dps diffrence this is on any given fight doesnt matter i am being asked to compete with their warlocks but i think they are way out of my league gear wise i am sitting roughly 10-15 k dps under them every fight since i cannot find any decent logs with warlock of my level of gear anymore what would be a rough number what i am supposed to be doing ?

Salute Iggy
    The easiest way would be to download simulationcraft (35mb) and sim your and other warlock characters and you will see the potential difference. Other thing might be clver usage of specific encounter mechanics.

Armory: eu. battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Sifon/advanced (I can't post links yet)
    WoL: www worldoflogs.com/guilds/235342/ This is our guild's link, I'm in fights for most of the times.

My problem is I feel like there is a problem with my performance. I'm playing lock since WotLK and mostly I was doing okay but now, when I should top the meters,I generally end up being 3th-4th(10 man raids).I started MoP 2 months ago and still I'm a little behind on gear comparing to other guildies. I always try to maximize my dps but there is something completely wrong with me. I tried going for 6637 haste lately, today I'm back to 4717 haste but still it feels like its not gear or stats but its me. I would appreciate any help.
    Last edited by Sifonology; 2013-01-06 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraen View Post
    Hello guys!
    I know that i do something wrong as i compare my dps with logs on Elegon. Tonight i had 130k but the minimum dps is 174k nowadays. Could you advise something plz?
    Thanks!
    Do not refresh dots via FF in execute phase, especially Elegon's one. Don't pop DG in opening omgsomanyprocs phase keep it for last, it does +20% more dmg for targets <20% hp + the dmg taken debuff on boss which was at 10stacks. Much much more dmg.
    Last edited by mmoc7f3b9f06f6; 2013-01-07 at 10:56 PM.

Assistance

I am looking for general assistance on my Demo Lock (Aletheos).

I recently moved to stacking crit as I wasn't satisfied with my DPS. I noticed a slight improvement over my previous setup but still not satisfied with my numbers.

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...letheos/simple

WoL in HoF (two bosses):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6ufvpfey6sleud78/

My basic rotation has been:
    Corruption up 100%
    Doom up 100%
    Using HoG if the target does not have SF debuff
    Generally try to refresh dots if stats are better (using AffDots addon)

Spam SB unless I have a MC proc then us MC.
    At 900 or so pop Imps, DS:K and Meta and spam ToC until DS:K ends or I run out of DF

Then spam Soul Fire until all procs are used.

Any advice or recommendations would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Doxa; 2013-01-09 at 06:53 PM.

Hello again, warlocks! It's been a while since I've hung around here (3.2). I've recently decided to start taking my affliction lock seriously, and I had a couple questions in regards to the way we refresh in between procs. In the typical scenario, I'll open up with CoE, soulburn, soul swap. From there I'll wait for lightweave to proc, and I'll pop DS:M. I'll haunt, channel MG and everything is peachy. Where the confusion comes is how we refresh from here. The way I've been doing it is, I'll wait until the very last second and I'll soul swap refresh. From here, I'm usually good for roughly 13 seconds, then UA is about to come off. From here, do I soulburn and refresh them all, or hardcast UA? The way I'm understanding these threads, it's suggested that you soulburn and refresh everything, but doesn't that end the proc buffed corruption? The way I've been doing it is hardcast UA, wait for corruption to almost come off, hard cast corruption, wait for agony to almost come off refresh agony, fel flame to refresh corruption and UA. At this point I can usually look out for lightweave and windsong to come up, and I'll repeat the process.

Thanks for the help, I've been talking about it with a couple people, but nobody has given me a really great answer... I figured I'd ask here.
    Last edited by chorx; 2013-01-10 at 06:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Hello again, warlocks! It's been a while since I've hung around here (3.2). I've recently decided to start taking my affliction lock seriously, and I had a couple questions in regards to the way we refresh in between procs. In the typical scenario, I'll open up with CoE, soulburn, soul swap. From there I'll wait for lightweave to proc, and I'll pop DS:M. I'll haunt, channel MG and everything is peachy. Where the confusion comes is how we refresh from here. The way I've been doing it is, I'll wait until the very last second and I'll soul swap refresh. From here, I'm usually good for roughly 13 seconds, then UA is about to come off. From here, do I soulburn and refresh them all, or hardcast UA? The way I'm understanding these threads, it's suggested that you soulburn and refresh everything, but doesn't that end the proc buffed corruption? The way I've been doing it is hardcast UA, wait for corruption to almost come off, hard cast corruption, wait for agony to almost come off refresh agony, fel flame to refresh corruption and UA. At this point I can usually look out for lightweave and windsong to come up, and I'll repeat the process.

Thanks for the help, I've been talking about it with a couple people, but nobody has given me a really great answer... I figured I'd ask here.
    May have been a question suited better for the Affliction sticky. If I understand correctly you are talking about refreshing UA at a time when DS + procs have faded, if so then yes, hardcast from that point onward, and don't use Fel flame unless either moving (for which you'd most likely have Kiljaeden's talent which would be better) or when situationaly a need arises where you need to take quick advantage of a proc with no time to hardcast (rare situation). Only use SB:SS at the start of the fight, or when you have an abundance of shards, in other situations it's better to use the shards on more Haunts then it is to use them on SB:SS. (situational occurences may happen, but are usualy down to making mistakes)

If you were talking about refreshing with DS+ procs still up then by all means use SB:SS it will give you more time to MG+Haunt.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    May have been a question suited better for the Affliction sticky. If I understand correctly you are talking about refreshing UA at a time when DS + procs have faded, if so then yes, hardcast from that point onward, and don't use Fel flame unless either moving (for which you'd most likely have Kiljaeden's talent which would be better) or when situationaly a need arises where you need to take quick advantage of a proc with no time to hardcast (rare situation). Only use SB:SS at the start of the fight, or when you have an abundance of shards, in other situations it's better to use the shards on more Haunts then it is to use them on SB:SS. (situational occurences may happen, but are usualy down to making mistakes)

If you were talking about refreshing with DS+ procs still up then by all means use SB:SS it will give you more time to MG+Haunt.
    So I don't want to SB:SS to refresh right before procs fall off? I didn't know I was supposed to be keeping haunt up no matter what, it isn't only supposed to be up while your dots are under the influence of some procs?

Thanks again, I appreciate the help.