10+ Year Old Account

Is [Glyph of Seal of Wisdom] broken?

I've been noticing this for quite some time now and when I do my healing rotations (with or without the seal on) I lose the same amount of mana. Now I do take into consideration a paladin's mana restoration on spell casting (a long with the meta gem/trinket I have) but on sets where I proc NONE of those, I lose the same amount of mana.

I have also gone back into logs and seen how much mana I've lost and they do show no change. Is it worth ticketing or should I go to Glyph of Seal of Light?

Re: Is [Glyph of Seal of Wisdom] broken?

i guess you could say that SoW is broken. since it is kinda useless these days.

i'd go with the glyph og SoL

Don't forget: SoW is awesome for mana regen: go hit the boss and you get 4% of your mana.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Retardadin
    Don't forget: SoW is awesome for mana regen: go hit the boss and you get 4% of your mana.
    tanks dont use it. rets dont really use it. at least i dont. i get the mana i need with my judgements (25% of total mana) and DP. an idea is to make it more useful for holy paladins. with a passive buff or something. i dont know...

Quote Originally Posted by Massanti

You'd be worse off if you use Seal Of Light, even if SoW is broken.

Just stick to SoW and go melee bosses for mana ^^

tanks dont use it. rets dont really use it. at least i dont. i get the mana i need with my judgements (25% of total mana) and DP. an idea is to make it more useful for holy paladins. with a passive buff or something. i dont know...
    as prot i use SoW when tanking thrash

Glyph of seal of light is Glyph of overhealing. It's even worse than spell power since it doesn't benefit Sacred Shield. As far as SoW glyph being broken I can verify it isn't. Everytime I get a CR in a raid I can easily tell after some Holy Lights if it's on or not.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Thissi
    You'd be worse off if you use Seal Of Light, even if SoW is broken.

Just stick to SoW and go melee bosses for mana ^^
    Works quite well, when I did Onyxia on my shaman, I just had auto attack active, and hit her inbetween heals. Same can be done as a holy paladin. Just make sure you don't get cleaved.

Obviously, I was receiving my mana from the judgement, but same mechanics..

Quote Originally Posted by madness
    as prot i use SoW when tanking thrash
    i just keep up either SoCr or SoR depends on the group. SoCr on bosses always.

anyway.. just use whatever that makes you happy.

As for the "glyph of overhealing" its true. but overhealing is better than no healing ^_-

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Works quite well, when I did Onyxia on my shaman, I just had auto attack active, and hit her inbetween heals. Same can be done as a holy paladin. Just make sure you don't get cleaved.

I am so lost in this post :< you wont recieve mana from the judgement. only if you're a retribution paladin. and you said you did it with your holy paladin? or am i getting this all wrong? argh i should go to bed :<

I am so lost in this post :< you wont recieve mana from the judgement. only if you're a retribution paladin. and you said you did it with your holy paladin? or am i getting this all wrong? argh i should go to bed :<
    I was talking about judgement of wisdom's proc, which has the same mechanics as seal of wisdom.
    Judgement of wisdom restores 2% of base mana on melee and spell hits. And I made use of that by standing in melee range, and with auto attack active.

And I did it with my shaman.

He recived mana from the judgement that was put on Onxyia by the paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    He recived mana from the judgement that was put on Onxyia by the paladin.
    Exactly.

ok im back on track again! :3

anyway i should really get to bed aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by Maller

And you'd be wrong to do so, unless you're trying to do some all out +sp FoL spec. 5% reduction in overall mana consumption and the ability to regen tons of mana by meleeing an enemy is priceless.

I will test this tonight to see if it's broken.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg

Thats how you can almost 2 man heal Onyxia, just need a druid or holy priest for the raid AE- In phase 2 just melee the adds (while remembering to run away from thier AE as well).

omg, please don't come and give incorrect advise if u have no clue.

glyph of SoW and the use of SoW is a must for end game content holy pallies. sol is just bad...really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Thats how you can almost 2 man heal Onyxia, just need a druid or holy priest for the raid AE- In phase 2 just melee the adds (while remembering to run away from thier AE as well).
    ummmmm almost 2 heal? any holy pally worth his raid spot can solo heal ony, place is a joke. 2 tanks, 1 healer and 7 dps, (4 ranged) just did today with this comp and he was down before one breath, and did in 4 min 3 seconds, i ended with 85% mana.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    ummmmm almost 2 heal? any holy pally worth his raid spot can solo heal ony, place is a joke. 2 tanks, 1 healer and 7 dps, (4 ranged) just did today with this comp and he was down before one breath, and did in 4 min 3 seconds, i ended with 85% mana.
    25 man