Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

Basicly im curious to how high the dps for other ret paladins is in raids and stuff.

Heroics : 2.7k on average
    raids : 3.6K on average

as a side note in this topic do you feel like your dps gets lower after most patches?

dont forget to link your armory! for people to see your gear.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rub&n=Charliew

p.s. before anyone comments on it i know my spec is strange.

Re: Ret paladins : So how high is your dps?

heroics: i dont consier
    raids: 5k-8k depending on boss fight
    11k-14k on gimmick fights everyone loves them.

You should get reid of that Grim Toll, pallies dont benefit as much from ArP as other melee classes, only take it over haste, Expertise/Hit (if your capped). And get rid of that Libram get the one for 25 Triumph badges, the one you have is horrible.

As for my pally 5.5-6k in a 25 man raid environment on non gimmick fights

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...maw&n=Nobubble

Unfortunately its my pvp gear

Its really tough to get a bearing on where my DPS is lately. All of the boss fights are either gimmick or gimped.

Beasts - downtime, target switching, lots of running
    Jaraxxus - multiple target sometimes, lots of movement with flames, volcanos, infernals
    Faction Champions - Can you gauge your DPS in arena?
    Twin Valkyr - Amazing fight for pallys. 2 targets, crazy buffs, nearly 100% time on target
    Anub - Multiple targets sometimes, lots of moving and downtime, heavy use of utility abilities throughout the fight

All of that text wasted, I'd say that I would be pulling anywhere from 6.5-7.7k on a single target, non-moving fight.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Its really tough to get a bearing on where my DPS is lately. All of the boss fights are either gimmick or gimped.

Beasts - downtime, target switching, lots of running
    Jaraxxus - multiple target sometimes, lots of movement with flames, volcanos, infernals
    Faction Champions - Can you gauge your DPS in arena?
    Twin Valkyr - Amazing fight for pallys. 2 targets, crazy buffs, nearly 100% time on target
    Anub - Multiple targets sometimes, lots of moving and downtime, heavy use of utility abilities throughout the fight

All of that text wasted, I'd say that I would be pulling anywhere from 6.5-7.7k on a single target, non-moving fight.
    It really does depend on the fight but i pull about the same.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nger&n=Galeane

your dps is quite weak for your gear (similar to mine, our guild doesnt do ToC runs, sadly)

Looking at your profile, i saw stamina gems. if you really want the socket bonus, put purple gems instead. Gem full str in doubt, and forget the socket.

Your +hit is too much, but your expertise is very low. You'll get parried / dodged a lot, thus the low dps.

you should aim 4k in heroics, 5-6 in raids.

look at my armory in sig, i do usually 4.5 in heroics, and around 6 in 25 (more on XT/Kolo... ofc)

edit : more precise, get valiance libram. gem full str, exchange your belt (you got 40 over hit rating) against a leather +expertise one bought with badges. Attack bosses from behind. You should definitly see a progression.

From there, try the RAWR program.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Can pull of around 5-5.5k in patchwerk/VoA fights numbers differ in ToC

4k in heroics if anyone cares, <3 SoC

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eam&n=Faesroll
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Mine is about 5.5-6.5 in 25 man raids depending on the fight. Im sure mine could be better but my problem is i have no expertise, very little haste, and im way way way over my hit cap. Hopefully some of this gear drops in 25 TOC that i have been waiting for. Till then i could concider rolling on mail and leather dps gear if none of the guildies need it. Unless anyone else has any ideas?

2,5k-3k in heroics, pretty badly geared Retardin tho. ;>
    Hi

Here are a few suggestions...

As stated before, lose the Grim Toll. If you can afford it, get a Darkmoon Card: Greatness. If not, a Fury of the Five Flights from OS25 would be ok. If you can get in a 10 man ToC, the trinket from Faction Champs is good and will also help solve the expertise problem.

Change out your Divine Storm and Exorcism glyphs and get Glyph of Consecrate and Glyph of Seal of Vengeance. Again Glyph of SoV will help with the expertise problem. And always use SoV/SoR

Gem for straight strength. Socket bonus' are not really worth what is lost by gemming for strength. For 1 blue slot, use the +10 stats gem, and for 1 Yellow Slot use a Str/Crit Gem. Make sure you use the meta that require 1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Yellow. I believe its the Relentless Earthseige one.

Get the Libram for 25 Emblems of Triumph. Can't beat what is basically a permanent Strength buff.

Keep your hit rating at or near 263 give or take.

These few thing will yeild you a ton more DPS. I am averaging 5-7k on regular fights, 8-10k on gimmick fights. I can't get my link in this post to work right but you can look me up in armory. Beylah, on Blackhand.

Hope the information helps...

10+ Year Old Account

With my gear, around 5-6.5k average non-gimmic or gimped fight. Once I get either my 2pc T9 or 4pc T8.5 (Pants are in the bank) I'll be set.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Beylah

Gem for straight strength. Socket bonus' are not really worth what is lost by gemming for strength. For 1 blue slot, use the +10 stats gem, and for 1 Yellow Slot use a Str/Crit Gem. Make sure you use the meta that require 1 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Yellow. I believe its the Relentless Earthsiege one.
    Only thing I'm going to say is that you don't actually need the orange gem because the Nightmare Tear takes care of all three gem colors. Obviously if the socket bonus is really good and/or if you have 2pc T9 then a str/crit gem would be a better dps boost.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaster
    Only thing I'm going to say is that you don't actually need the orange gem because the Nightmare Tear takes care of all three gem colors. Obviously if the socket bonus is really good and/or if you have 2pc T9 then a str/crit gem would be a better dps boost.
    Note that a Str/Crit gem will only be better than a Pure STR gem in socket bonuses that yield +4 or more Strength while you maintain the 2pc T9 bonus.

That is to say, if an item has a single Red socket, but has a socket bonus of 4 Stamina, then the +20 STR will be better: If it had a bonus of +4 STR, however, then a +10 STR/rit gem will yield more DPS.

If were taking a single target dps fight like general (normal) or jaraxxus im close to 8k dps. Thing is neither of those fights really matter all that much. On fights like Kologarn or Ignis, Im ~10k. On everything else I float between 5k to 15k.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    If were taking a single target dps fight like general (normal) or jaraxxus im close to 8k dps. Thing is neither of those fights really matter all that much. On fights like Kologarn or Ignis, Im ~10k. On everything else I float between 5k to 15k.
    If you are pulling 8k on General Vezax, you are stomping me into the ground. Because of the Aura of Despair, my DPS takes it in the shorts. On Monday night, our guild did hard mode 25man General. I believe I had a personal best DPS of 6250. I must be missing something or perhaps you are mistaken.

8k on Jaraxxus is much more believable for several reasons. Demon (3% more damage), Exorcism guaranteed crit, adds for more splash damage, and the ability to use Holy Wrath.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    If you are pulling 8k on General Vezax, you are stomping me into the ground. Because of the Aura of Despair, my DPS takes it in the shorts. On Monday night, our guild did hard mode 25man General. I believe I had a personal best DPS of 6250. I must be missing something or perhaps you are mistaken.

8k on Jaraxxus is much more believable for several reasons. Demon (3% more damage), Exorcism guaranteed crit, adds for more splash damage, and the ability to use Holy Wrath.
    Mmmm Mistresses make me happy

6-7k is fairly normal on most ToC fights.

I crush meters on twins; 11-14k on kill attempts based on the timing of empowered.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame
    6-7k is fairly normal on most ToC fights.

I crush meters on twins; 11-14k on kill attempts based on the timing of empowered.
    Its better if you stack them up like you do for the timed kill

I just happen to run with a lot of melee with my raid so unless we attemot the timed kill I usually don't get a lot of orbs

Heroics - ~5k overall at the end (only started looking again after I tried out the new seal of cleave)

Raids - Can't give you too accurate of a number because my guild only does 10 mans, so i don't have all the buffs.
    Though I think I pull somewhere in the 6k range on non-moving fights.

4 - 4.5k in heroics and 6 - 6.5k in raids. Glyphed for righteousness, and no SoC (pvp spec)

My gear isn't that great in comparison to the level of content, haven't raided in months, and I lack 2 piece T9. I know it could be a lot better between some gear and a re-spec.