Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Solo Kara as Ret

Quote Originally Posted by Fbl
    hmm... you might have better luck in prot spec on some fights...
    keep in mind you only need 490 defense to be uncritable (someone correct me if i'm wrong)
    prince shouldn't be a problem (he won't take your hps to 1)
    netherspite is going to be a problem... i'd pretty sure he's the hardest one to solo...
    about aran... i dont think he casts sacrefice on tank... not 100% sure
    chess is soloble but still quite hard... to be honest even with 2 players it's not piece of cake
    Yeah I would definitely have an easier time as prot. I believe all the actual bosses in kara have been soloed by a prot pally, except for maybe Netherspite, so I was trying to do something different. As other people pointed out, you would still need the 540 defense to be uncrittable.

As for the infernals on prince, they start to despawn eventually. From what I've read, this is actually one of the easier bosses for a prot paladin. Success on that fight will depend on whether or not I can outheal his damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

i solo'ed prince from about 90% when the people i was 3 manning it with died to enfeeble, it's not particularly hard, just really really boring

I went back to opera and 1 shot it with an Indestructible Potion and a Flask of Endless Rage. I did have to bubble and use LoH. I started out with Seal of Righteousness, then switched to Seal of Light once the 3rd guy (strawman i think) started attacking. I would have started with Seal of Command but I'm not spec'd into it. I killed Roar, then Dorothy, then Tito. If you can get that far with decent hp/mana left then you've won.

I'm going to try Curator next if I can figure out how to get the inner door open to upper kara. Do I have to click on anything or talk to anybody after killing Opera?

Edit: I took the passage after Opera that leads to upper kara and was able to get where I need to go. I'm going to try Nightbane first I believe, then Curator.

Just continue up the stairs after Opera, thru the door that opens. Then you'll have to go pass all the spectators on the balconies. That should take you to the Backdoor entrance

Nightbane flew off and reset with 16k hp left. I may have been feared too far to one side or something, I'm not sure. I'm trying it again now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Laskai
    i solo'ed prince from about 90% when the people i was 3 manning it with died to enfeeble, it's not particularly hard, just really really boring
    You mean like waiting for Sulfuron add to be oom.. oh yeah that must be boring :-X
    but i got him!

Curator was 2 shot. He's fairly easy until he gets to his soft enrage at 15% hp, then he starts doing a lot more damage. The first attempt I wiped at 20k hp because my LoH was on cd and bubble was locked out from AW. I used Divine Protection and LoH on the second attempt to take him down. I'll try Shade and Illhoof the raid tonight.

Shade of Aran and Illhoof were both easy fights. After doing Nightbane I'm pretty sure I could do Prince with no problem if I could get to him. Anyone have any ideas about how I could handle Netherspite? I watched a video where a feral druid took all 3 beams, then killed Netherspite before the next portal phase. I don't know if I have enough DPS to do that or not. I tried it once but I didn't have him positioned in the right place for me to grab all 3 beams.