Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Am I missing something? Lich King in 5man?

Yeah you're missing something. A tissue! You're welcome.

Anyway it's highly unlikely that he actually dies there, he'll probably just stun everyone at 1% and ports out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    I find it rather sad that the OP has never played a video game before where there's several variations of encountering the main boss of the game leading up to the final confrontation where he unloads all his tricks.
    what he said

and maybe you don't even kill him maybe halfway through the fight he starts casting something and one shots everybody and when you rez he is gone and there is a chest with loot
    didn't think of THAT NOW DID YA!!!???
    !!!!!GOOD NEWS, EVERYBODY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunthunter
    This is Blizzards way of yet again ruining the game. Lets give every1 everything, soon all classes will have all the same moves, soon all the players will be able to do every raid/instance(regardless of skill). Few ppl saw the end of sunwell pre/post nerf (b4 wotlk) because they put time into a game. Now any1 can kill the new end game boss because they are putting it into a dam 5 man. No point in playing if all the retards are gunna be able to go w/ the ppl that actually devote that time into playing.
    (i do understand illidan was meant to be the end game boss but KJ came out last)
    Sorry, but no.

Many people seem to forget that this game is, at least with the more recent expantions, trying to be much more of a STORY driven game, rather then a "here's a random dungeon, lore, what lore, who cares why it's there, go whack the loot pinyata" game.

So what if Arthas is in the 5 man? He is there entirely to drive the story forward and improve the lore of the game that is currently developing. At the end of the final fight, in the final wing of the 5 man, you can be guaranteed that Arthas is going to pull a "So, you continue to be a thorn in my side, well FINE, BRING IT, and I will use your hides for cushions on the Frozen throne" move and maybe there will be a twist that will help explain what you reason is for joining the final raid on his Frosty Lair.

How does this in any way cheapen him as a 25 man raid boss in a second encounter? Or wait? SECOND encounter? I forgot, its been more like 5 or 10 times that we have now seen Arthas himself or a Projection of Arthas either in a Dungeon somewhere, or during any number of quests as we make our way through Northrend? OH NOES, I didnt get to kill Arthas in Drak'Theron Keep when he converted Drakuru, or in Zul Drak, when he Killed Drakuru for failing him, or in Icecrown when he came to watch us Plaster his Vyrkul champion all over a Castle Top, or in ToC when he shows up to smash the Arena floor, or or or.... you get the point? What makes THIS instance of us encountering Arthas any different from any of the other ones?

And for the Record, Illidan was never intended to be the Final boss of TBC. Regardless of how much he spouted "You are Not Prepared" in the promo Cinematic.

Deleted

Welcome to the World of Casualcraft.

Geez people. So someone looked at the same pixels as you in a game that you did. OH GOD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    U sir are a retard for calling others retards ... u cant see the big picture dont u? step back then , maybe you will . Skill is smth no1 can take away ....let every1 enjoy the game not only addicts like u that didnt see the light of the sun in weeks
    so if im a retard for calling others retards what does that make your for calling me a retard, irony is a b!tch

He's a great boss for the 5-man, who drops 232 loot. Anyone who raids is allready in full 245, and will probably have mostly 258 by the time 3.3 comes out.

The gap between casuals and the hardcore is getting bigger in 3.3.

Most raiders won't even need to set foot in this dungeon, except to see the lore. So shouldn't it at least be GOOD lore?

3.2 was casual craft..so far..this looks promising.

This is going back a couple of weeks about sylvanas having a secondary leader maybe she gets killed in the 5 man version and then the second leader takes her posistion as leader of the forsaken (just an idea nathonas blightcaller becomes the leader if sylvanas dies thats IF she dies) Give me some ffedback on how cool/ crap this would be...

5 man? You mean 5 of Silver Covenant's best champions (remember, you beat their tournaments) + Jaina Proudmore, arguably the greatest Sorceress of our age, or Ranger General turn Banshee Queen turn Dark Ranger Sylvanas, and a bunch more powerful allies you free along the way (2nd instance). I think it's a fair fight.

"Ok, guys, Arthas fight in ICC is complete. It's fucking out of the roof, we really outdid ourselves. (Pro hint: Fire. Blue Fire becuz iz liek frozen fiar.)"

"GC: Guys, I think forums will flood with QQ if we don't put him into 5 man aswell, I really can't handle any more whining."

"Damn Greg, fine, we'll make a fucked up version for the noobs to see. Then everyone will get a piece of Arthas and we'll be QQ free."

"Chris, don't you think hardcores will whine over this?"

"GC: Lawl their posts are too few to easily ban and lock away to get rid of. I can handle that guys!"

"Ok then, we are good to go with this!"
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Mur.
    He's a great boss for the 5-man, who drops 232 loot. Anyone who raids is allready in full 245, and will probably have mostly 258 by the time 3.3 comes out.

The gap between casuals and the hardcore is getting bigger in 3.3.

Most raiders won't even need to set foot in this dungeon, except to see the lore. So shouldn't it at least be GOOD lore?

3.2 was casual craft..so far..this looks promising.
    ... Then why did I see full Ulduar geared running normal Trial for hours on end during the opening days of 3.2? Oh yeah. The trinks were bitching. I expect something similar will be happening here.

Anyways, back on topic. Arthas isn't going to die to us in five man. We may smack him around a bit, may beat him down with Jaina/Sylvanas's help, but we're not going to kill him. Couple of ways this could work out.

One: We catch him at a moment where he's weakened, when he discarded Frostmourne for a time for whatever reason (Or Jaina attempts to appeal to what little good may be left in him/Sylvanas poison's him). When we knock him down enough he breaks away from us and escapes into Icecrown proper, leaving goodies behind.

Two: It turns into a bunch of level five gnomes trying to beat a level 80 Tauren warrior (Its a figure of speech folks). We end up trying to kill him, he just toys with his, letting us wail on him to no effect for a bit, then finally gets bored of it and one shots us all. He leaves, Jaina/Sylvanas rez us, and we loot Arthas's Dresser Drawer for his spare armor and pocket knife.

Three: Shade of Arthas! Enough said. ... Okay, not enough. Maybe what we fight is no more then an "echo" of Arthas left to guard his room from intruders should his captains screw up and fail him.

Four: Halls of Reflection was merely a setback!

The fact is, they want people to feel more of a connection to the final boss of Wrath then they did with Illidian in BC. That's why, since the moment we stepped foot on Northrend, he's been showing up, taunting us, drawing us on, luring us to our dooms, unlike Illidian, who I think only showed up .... twice in Burning Crusade, both in end tier quest lines.

Putting him in a five man is giving everyone who plays a shot at him. Not everyone raids, be it for lack of time/no guild/no real interest in it. This is Blizz not leaving everyone out. Its why they are still the biggest MMO out there. They do their best to give the player what they want, no matter what sort of player they are, be it hardcore raider, casual quester, weekend PvPer, or economy guru.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldun

Am I missing something? Kael'thas in 5 man?

10+ Year Old Account

ooo nice i was wondering when Falric and Marwyn would show up

but the place is called Halls of Reflection

its not going to accualy the Lich King
    if im wrong im wrong
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Leoni
    This is going back a couple of weeks about sylvanas having a secondary leader maybe she gets killed in the 5 man version and then the second leader takes her posistion as leader of the forsaken (just an idea nathonas blightcaller becomes the leader if sylvanas dies thats IF she dies) Give me some ffedback on how cool/ crap this would be...
    your whole idea falls apart with us already knowing she is still around in Cata, with the whole "she's in the dog house" and has to take over gil'naes for the horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunthunter
    This is Blizzards way of yet again ruining the game. Lets give every1 everything, soon all classes will have all the same moves, soon all the players will be able to do every raid/instance(regardless of skill). Few ppl saw the end of sunwell pre/post nerf (b4 wotlk) because they put time into a game. Now any1 can kill the new end game boss because they are putting it into a dam 5 man. No point in playing if all the retards are gunna be able to go w/ the ppl that actually devote that time into playing.
    (i do understand illidan was meant to be the end game boss but KJ came out last)
    No.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

You go in to try and assassinate the Lich King while he's in his private chambers, Jaina or Sylvanus leading you there.

Well...Sylvanus wants to kill him, Jaina wants to see what's left in that pail, helm clad noggin'.

Anyway, you try, you fail because your puny five man assassination squad is not enough, so Jaina/Sylvanus has to come and save you.

And to think, this was the supposed best that the Argent Crusade had to offer. Arthas laughs.

ARTHAS HAS SUPER POWERS PEW PEW

Too many "zomg casuals omgloool" douchebags playing this game. Fuck off to your 25 man, I will enjoy all three types of raiding/instancing.
    Mea Culpa Lord Valthalak.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsrage
    Too many "zomg casuals omgloool" douchebags playing this game. Fuck off to your 25 man, I will enjoy all three types of raiding/instancing.
    /agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsrage
    /facepalm