Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Am I missing something? Lich King in 5man?

Actually they DO need to do this at some point. A gauntlet on the way OUT of an instance with like the place falling down around you or flames/water moving in to kill you if you don't go at full pelt, mechanics tweaked so you can't just die and complete/stone out (leave a boss after it or something).

As a tank or melee dps i'd be all over that, it would be proper epic, dunno how the casters would get on with it tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk

As a tank or melee dps i'd be all over that, it would be proper epic, dunno how the casters would get on with it tho.
    *Blink* run run run *Blink* and out before all the melee

I'm pretty sure the encounter with The Lich King in the Halls of Reflection will be a small fight where you just scratch him, and then X event happens, ending the battle prematurely. Thrall, Varian, or Trion appearing are likely cases.

or....we fight him for a bit, then he lols @ us and insta kills us, like he does if you approach him during this quest. http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11343

most likely gonna be a fight that ends at him at 10%
    "ICC 5 man was merely a setback!"

cut scene, like Obi Wan.
    4 8 15 16 24 32

yep you are going to kill him, and if you're really lucky you can also drop is sword, legandary frostmoon 300 ilvl. But it has a very low drop rate like 25% or so :-\ good luck you might need 4 runs !

They are making him a boss in the 5 man so the casuals etc can see him since he will be amazingly hard to get to / defeat / kill n shit

Quote Originally Posted by elcher
    I KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN LOLZ!!

jaina is going to try to convince arthas, but he tries to kill her, so then she run with us away in a Zelda style OoT endboss timed run to get the fuck out of all 3 wings.

wouldnt that be awesome?
    Considering you can enter all three separately via different instance portals...no.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

So fail... you have lore, of a powerful being... and Blizzard just pushes everyone to see him - eventually making him weakling.
    If you can penetrate the defences of his fortress, walk up to him - all this, 5-man, Arthas is a weakling, not a powerful being.
    - If I pay my 15$ per month, I am entitled to see and defeat Arthas, see all content.
    - If I pay my 15$ per month, I am entitled to the same challenges as others, and understand that powerful beings will not bend over for $15 per month, Arthas does not equal noname 5-man heroic boss in a random instance.
    Too bad the only thing you pay for is to have access to Blizzard's servers.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk
    Actually they DO need to do this at some point. A gauntlet on the way OUT of an instance with like the place falling down around you or flames/water moving in to kill you if you don't go at full pelt, mechanics tweaked so you can't just die and complete/stone out (leave a boss after it or something).

Two words: Siege mounts.

They have the mechanic. How awesome would it be to steal his Frostwyrms and ride to safety on them.

Heck, that's how they should award raiding Frostwyrms. You CAN hearth out... But if you do the epic thing and escape on stolen Frostwyrms, you get to keep them.

In general, my problem with PvE and PvP in this game is that it rewards annihilating the opposition. That isn't epic. It's stupid. People who get their kicks doing that are asshats and it sucks from a storytelling perspective.

You should get penalized for raiding with better gear and more people. 25 mans should be the lol pugs and 5 mans should be the epic versions. Dominate an outnumbered, undergeared and underskilled enemy in Wintergrasp? Pfeh. You should get penalized for that. Not saying you should get leet rewards for getting pwned either.

But the incentive should be based around what would be the most epic thing to watch if you weren't personally invested in it.

Instead of good players flocking to single guilds, one faction over the other, one group over the other, skill should be rewarded for being scattered rather than concentrated. That would result in a game that balances itself.

To hell with achievement. To hell with skill and winning and numbers. Give me glory. Bleed me and everyone else down to one hit point, clinging to life and pounding our keys as we scrape by. That should be the POINT of a game like this: CHAOS. DESPERATION. Winning by the skin of your teeth. Mad guerilla assault. Feral fury.

Anybody ever play any serious roleplaying games? I dunno about you but I always thought the cardinal rule of that is that it's better to be a loser or a psycho who chops off his own hand or an average guy in extraordinary circumstances than someone who wtfpwns. In fact, seeking that wtfpwn quality in a traditional roleplaying environment would get you blacklisted from a lot of MUDs and tabletops.

5 players shouldnt even be able to scratch him really. if you do fight and "defeat" him in a 5man thats really lame it could be explained with the help of jaina / slyvanas though. im hoping its more of a hes there but he just summons waves of foes at you then runs away because your not worth his time.
    /b/ecause none of us are as cruel as all of us.

Here's how it goes:

You enter the Lich King's private chambers, looking for the evil death knight. You spot him, sitting in the corner, and charge up to him.

"MORTALS! BOW BEF--oh, hai Jaina!! Mortals...leave us for a while."
    You leave the room, confused, then for the next three hours you fight wave after wave of white mobs called "Death Sperm" and finally a miniboss called the Death Fetus
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Quote Originally Posted by Grunthunter
    This is Blizzards way of yet again ruining the game. Lets give every1 everything, soon all classes will have all the same moves, soon all the players will be able to do every raid/instance(regardless of skill). Few ppl saw the end of sunwell pre/post nerf (b4 wotlk) because they put time into a game. Now any1 can kill the new end game boss because they are putting it into a dam 5 man. No point in playing if all the retards are gunna be able to go w/ the ppl that actually devote that time into playing.
    (i do understand illidan was meant to be the end game boss but KJ came out last)
    Well, when you go and make your hugely successful MMO, good luck making a profit margin with the mentality that only hardcore gamers should get anything. If you see WoW as going down the drain then GTFO, nobody wants you here.

People suck...

Quote Originally Posted by Alveredus
    In general, my problem with PvE and PvP in this game is that it rewards annihilating the opposition. That isn't epic. It's stupid. People who get their kicks doing that are asshats and it sucks from a storytelling perspective.

You should get penalized for raiding with better gear and more people. 25 mans should be the lol pugs and 5 mans should be the epic versions. Dominate an outnumbered, undergeared and underskilled enemy in Wintergrasp? Pfeh. You should get penalized for that. Not saying you should get leet rewards for getting pwned either.

But the incentive should be based around what would be the most epic thing to watch if you weren't personally invested in it.

Instead of good players flocking to single guilds, one faction over the other, one group over the other, skill should be rewarded for being scattered rather than concentrated. That would result in a game that balances itself.

To hell with achievement. To hell with skill and winning and numbers. Give me glory. Bleed me and everyone else down to one hit point, clinging to life and pounding our keys as we scrape by. That should be the POINT of a game like this: CHAOS. DESPERATION. Winning by the skin of your teeth. Mad guerilla assault. Feral fury.

Anybody ever play any serious roleplaying games? I dunno about you but I always thought the cardinal rule of that is that it's better to be a loser or a psycho who chops off his own hand or an average guy in extraordinary circumstances than someone who wtfpwns. In fact, seeking that wtfpwn quality in a traditional roleplaying environment would get you blacklisted from a lot of MUDs and tabletops.
    This...... isn't a bad idea...

People suck...

It's not like a raid boss in a 5-man is anything new. Baron Rivendare was in a 5-man, Kael'thas was in a 5-man, Anub'arak was in a 5-man...

You are fighting him, yes, but where is it said that you win? How do you know that he doesn't convert or kill Jaina and Slyvannas? And you only escape by being cowards or something? You find your loot on the way out.

I think that would be pretty cool actually.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

In my oppinion we won't be able to kill the Lich King in the 5 man Heroic and we will have to kill him in the Raid.Werent there an achievement shown on this site which says that we have to run from him for less than 2 hours?

Oh man. This is hard to imagine. Maybe he does the same thing he does from the death knight quest lines to the last Icecrown quests: Appear, call you a scrub, then walk away.

This topic needs its own thread. Everyone posting seriously in this thread needs to be chemically sterilized.

my theory:

jaina/sylvanas: hey cool it's frostmourne
    patrick: touch!
    lich king: DON'T TOUCH!!
    lich king: I KEEL YOU!!!
    jaina/sylvanas: zomg run!
    *run away from zombies, traps, carnivorous bunnies, and a gigantic tunnel-sized boulder*
    jaina/sylvanas: phew that was close ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.