Page 1 of 3
LastLast

greatness trinket (holy question)

so i just got a hold of a nobles Deck and thinking about getting the 90 intell one.

Is it worth getting?
    ive heard mix things about it?

so trying to figure should i sell and make my money back or go ahead with the trinket.

Currently i use Tears of the Vanquished and Figurine - Sapphire Owl (JC trinket) with two 34 intell gems.

i stack all int in my gear im at 34k mana raid buffed

Re: greatness trinket (holy question)

if u cant get pandora's plea, or even the one from 5 man reg toc, then it's worth it. myself i'd sell it or get it for my ret set.

A lot will depend on how good you are at timing your DPs to coincide with the procs. If you have a proc for every plea, and plea every minute then that's an extra 90Mp5. Obviously it will never line up that well in practice.

Its really tough to say what works for you. Generally i like running 2 regen trinkets (int/mp5/mana proc). But for some encounters i'd prefer to run the ToC 25man trinket (SP) and meteorite crystal. In the end, you can't go wrong with having options. I would either suggest turning that nobles into the 90int, or picking up the 50 triumph emblems one. (both have = value to my playstyle)

well my guild doesnt seem to run uld that much anymore so pandora's and meteorite i prolly wont be getting.

thats y i picked up a nobles deck and the fair is coming this weekend.

Three stupidly easy to obtain trinkets that are far and away better than the Darkmoon Card:

- Talisman of Resurgence. Clear normal mode CotC (10 or 25) three times, do a couple dailies and you have what is probably the second best trinket in the game. Seriously, if you haven't already done this, you need to rethink your class choice.

- Tears of the Vanquished. Our biggest concern as Holy Pallies is mana retun - hence why we stack Int. And look here, a trinket that gives us Int and mana return. As with the above, if you haven't already grinded normal mode 5-man TotC for an hour or two to get this trinket, you need to give up Holy Pally-ing.

- Solace of the Defeated. Drops off Jaraxxus in 25-man. The 258 version of this is arguably the best trinket in the game. The 245 version is not that shabby either.

Every time you turn in the Greatness Deck for the Int version of the trinket to use on a Holy Pally, God kills a kitten. Stop doing it. Think of the kittens.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

lol. wonder where the guy that was "elitist" and reads "elitist jerks" is going on about it being bis for holy pallies.....

come on, own up to being not-elitist and u can post and show your face again.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Three stupidly easy to obtain trinkets that are far and away better than the Darkmoon Card:

- Talisman of Resurgence. Clear normal mode CotC (10 or 25) three times, do a couple dailies and you have what is probably the second best trinket in the game. Seriously, if you haven't already done this, you need to rethink your class choice.

- Tears of the Vanquished. Our biggest concern as Holy Pallies is mana retun - hence why we stack Int. And look here, a trinket that gives us Int and mana return. As with the above, if you haven't already grinded normal mode 5-man TotC for an hour or two to get this trinket, you need to give up Holy Pally-ing.

- Solace of the Defeated. Drops off Jaraxxus in 25-man. The 258 version of this is arguably the best trinket in the game. The 245 version is not that shabby either.

Every time you turn in the Greatness Deck for the Int version of the trinket to use on a Holy Pally, God kills a kitten. Stop doing it. Think of the kittens.
    ok yea i just got the badge one thanks again. and prolly wait for the jaxx trink looks pretty good but havent seen it drop yet

i was just curious is all guess ill get the 90 str for my ret set lol

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    lol. wonder where the guy that was "elitist" and reads "elitist jerks" is going on about it being bis for holy pallies.....

come on, own up to being not-elitist and u can post and show your face again.
    Oh me? yea it is still BiS. It's not my fault you bad paladins can't time it correctly. Many of the trinkets listed above are amazing to use WITH greatness, but if you don't use greatness you're just flat out bad.

Oh hey darth, still think spells cost more when you get more mana? lol, dumb ass.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    Oh hey darth, still think spells cost more when you get more mana? lol, dumb ass.
    Still think that a static proc of 300 Int somehow scales with your other Int?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Oh me? yea it is still BiS. It's not my fault you bad paladins can't time it correctly. Many of the trinkets listed above are amazing to use WITH greatness, but if you don't use greatness you're just flat out bad.

jesus u are a retard, as stated, that was a different poster, so no, i don't failadin.

u still haven't shown a place that lists it as bis that has trinkets past nax lvl. you still have not linked a paladin from a top guild that actually raids in toc that used it. you still fail. you still can't go back in thread and realize you were even talking to a different guy about spells costing more with more mana.

you sir, fail at being elite, and just about everything else.

Oh me? yea it is still BiS. It's not my fault you bad paladins can't time it correctly.
    we are too busy timing it for downtime in damage in the fight because we are doing hardmode 25, not regular modes where u can flash of light and watch football on the side.

that is why you dont "need" to use dp cuz u havent done hard mode 25. that is why you can wait and time it to your proc, but why even use it when you are doing 25 regular? nobody takes enough damage in that easy ass raid.

that is why you dont "need" to use dp cuz u havent done hard mode 25. that is why you can wait and time it to your proc, but why even use it when you are doing 25 regular? nobody takes enough damage in that easy ass raid.
    This.

Cleared HM 10 ToC with 2 healers on all fights, had attempts on first boss on 25 HM ToC, and I can honestly say, I would never sit around and wait for my trinket to proc just to pop DP in concert with it.

Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

potentially, greatness could never proc and you keep waiting to use DP but you don't because greatness never procs and you lost yourself... a damn side more than that 90mp5 you *could* gain

again, he doesn't have to worry about it, he's not doing hard modes. i think i used dp like 2 times all of reg 25 toc this week if that. boring.

dont worry i got the 90 str for my ret set instead.

using the 245 badge trinket intell one and one from 5man toc.

thanks for the replies

Hmm you're dumb. Hi 300 int increases your max mana temporarily thus increasing the amount you earn from replenish, arcane torrent, and best of all GREATNESS.

Greatness alone gives roughly 770 mp5 if you used it every minute with divine plea (Greatness = 45 second cd)
    Let's also factor in replenishment. since it's 1% every 5 seconds. that's 50 mp5 EXTRA for 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by rambam
    potentially, greatness could never proc and you keep waiting to use DP but you don't because greatness never procs and you lost yourself... a damn side more than that 90mp5 you *could* gain
    Greatness has a 45 second cooldown, it will proc at least once a minute so you are wrong.

again, he doesn't have to worry about it, he's not doing hard modes. i think i used dp like 2 times all of reg 25 toc this week if that. boring.
    I do plenty of hard modes...nice try. I think i'll stick with my 770 mp5 trinket...you can use spell power trinkets like a baddie cause you clearly don't overheal enough as it is...let's add more durrrr

apparently he still does... when will this guy give up

Argument: DMC:G is not good use blah blah blah something else blah blah blah

Translation: Using this trinket lowers my gear score on wow-heroes.com so it sucks.

look up darthceltic sometime, i'm the only one.

yeah, i use spellpower trinkets.

and you have not downed ANY bosses in toc 25 heroic. NOT 1. You can down reg toc 25 in nax gear, who cares about reg 25. you don't need anything more then flash of lights and no mana. boring. try healing it on heroic. we are on twins now, we got 6 healers all over 5k hps, some at 10 k. time your dp around that.

and you are worried about timing your dp with greatness proc for mp5 (your numbers are not right) and you have the sp to hl libram equiped.... wtf. you have fun with your spellpower libram and overhealing scrub, not me.

300 int, is 4500 mana and you'll get 25% of that back over the dp. so 1125 total if you have it timed correct. so over 15 seconds, so you will gain 375 mp5 for 15 seconds by timing it exactly perfect.

now, you cant do this every cooldown. as its 45 second cd, dp is 1 min, so it will proc again before the dp is up, so u have to wait for next proc. while you are all worried about that, your tank is dead, and you continue to fail at healing 25 heroic toc like you are now. greatness card is like 5th bis for a holy pally.