Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 Now live on PTRs

Quote Originally Posted by VileMethoD
    You're not in any of the top 100 so why are you even beginning to stress? It doesn't change any fact in anyway that you don't have to do this if you don't want to.
    Wrong. All top guilds will make farming these badges a necessity so they can maximise their chances of getting first kills.

We both know that badge gear is in every way minimal in comparison to progression made form previous content and current progression in a current raid.
    Wrong. Current badge gear represents the highest level of guild wide obtainable gear. Badges are mandatory to farm if you wish to remain in a top guild who focuses on getting fastest kills.

You're just a silly cry baby who needs something to whine about. Something that in the end will make minimal to no difference at all.

By the way, you could have done the weekly 8-9 times in the time you've spent bleeding your vagina all over the place here.
    Wrong. Farming these badges will (for the most) be organised on a guild level. This means cutting into progress raid times (ie Icecrown) because they will be organised in the eveneing which is when most guilds raid.

Sorry my friend, i simply have played this game too long to know exactly how guilds are generally organised.

I don't mind that you like the idea of raiding old content to get newest gear, but some of the things you are saying (particularly where you say 10 badges a week don't make any difference to top guilds) is simply wrong, and it makes me frustrated when i have to point this out to you.

Lets just say that you personally do not mind the idea of progressing your character by raiding old content.

And i do.

And lets leave it at that.

Talking basics with you on moot points is tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by nubnub2009
    Yea that is an option, but something i don't want to do tbh.

I enjoy playing with my friends. I enjoy looking forward to new content, exploring new raids, working towards new gear and having fun with new content.

That is why i feel a bit miffed at having to work backwards to get new gear.

Quitting a game i love because i don't enjoy a major aspect of the game that will be introduced is a particularly sucky thing to happen.

Gearing up is a major aspect in character progression.

Reverse / Backwards content in order to progress your character is something i have a REAL problem with.

I want CONTENT AND CHARACTER progression, not backwards content in order to move my character forward.

It's retarded and definately something that will influence my enjoyability of the game.

I'll underling my point in red so people can quickly glance at the issue i have -

I DO NOT WISH TO HAVE BACKWARDS CONTENT IN ORDER TO MOVE MY CHARACTER PROGRESSION FORWARDS. CONTENT PROGRESSION IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS CHARACTER PROGRESSION IN ORDER TO ENJOY THE GAME.
    Mate, your signature is also basically just a retarded anti-american statement yet you sport it with pride. Looks like that sometimes we tend to enjoy something that we know is retarded, which basically makes us masochists.

Dr Freud aside, I think that you are just being disingenuous. Really I do.

You see, this brand new Weekly Raid Quest Concept is nothing more than Daily Heroic revamped. So, it will not deduct any more of your fun than the Daily Heroic does.

I think that none whatsoever of the Hardcore Raiders resents this change. None. I will tell you why:

Because Naxxramas 25 content for a Hardcore guild is a joke, and has been since WOTLK got released. I know because I was in such a guild. Back when we were OS/Maly/Naxx geared, we used to clear Naxx 25, OS 25, VoA, and Maly 25 in less than 4 hours on Wednesdays.

I think that the real reason you whine, is because you know that some casuals will get Tier 10 w/o deserving it, in your opinion.

Your kind basically wants this game to roll back to the year of our Lord 2005, when only about 100 people had Tier 2 and there were like 300 more who had Tier 1/Tier 2 in each server.

Well guess what, those days are gone. For good. ANd they ain`t coming back. I can tell you that with much certainty.

For starters, it had taken me about six months to get full Hunter Tier 2 on my Vanilla HUnter alt back in 2005. (This to let those who didn`t hardcore raid in Vanilla know exactly how difficult it was to gear back then).

That said nubnub2009, you should try to expend all that energy at the Gym and not trolling this board. That is a good genuine advice I am giving to you free of charge.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@GC: Mate, I am sure you know that the avoidance change has just put the last nail in the coffin of Beast Mastery as a useful spec in Arena. As Plops told you yesterday at the US DD forums (before this change went live) BM had already fallen into disuse for Arena PvP.

In Plops` words, `the spec is crap [in Arena]`. Plops himself has specced Survival, as you know. I am curious to see what will you do now in order to make BM even remotely competitive in Arena, really I am.

Please note that a new talent that `Increases pet DPS by 1/2%` in the place of avoidance won`t do the trick. I am sure you know that this change hurts all Hunter specs in Arena as a whole.

I remain hopeful though. Let`s hope that you `ll get a stroke of genius.

Cheers
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Death Knight
    Runeforging
    • Rune of the Nerubian Carapace - Affixes your rune weapon with a rune that increases Defense by 25 and total Stamina by 2%. Modifying your rune weapon requires a Rune Forge in Ebon Hold.
    This is Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle for 1H weapons.
    So you could have 50 Def an 4% Stamina on your weapons if you DW-tank? Shouldn't it be halved for 1H-weapons? Or maybe it can only be enchanted on one weapon?

*confused*

Quote Originally Posted by det
    BULLSHIT! The highest gear drops from from a "no wipe Anub 25 man HM kill" - ilv 272 claoks
    Double BULLSHIT: Tier 9.5 REGALIA tokens need NO emblems and only drop from HM Anub 25 man
    Tripple BULLSHIT: Top Guilds..REAL TOP GUILDS...Stars, Ensidia, Paragon, let us just take the Top 10....have completed all Hardmodes before emblems made a difference. Because you actually need like 300 triumph to complete a T 9.25 (the ones with trophies) and you don't get that ina the week that those guilds took from release to full clear.
    Current badge gear represents the highest level of guild wide obtainable gear.
    See underlined.
    (Feel free to retract your statements whenever you are ready )

I'm also pretty certain every member in those top 10 guilds all farmed heroics at every given opportunity even if it was just to get 1 more piece of t9.5 gear.

Because just 1 more piece of gear per person makes a big difference to the raid.

The fact that they killed these bosses BEFORE they completed their sets is a show of their skill. Are you trying to tell me the Worlds top 10 guilds had all their players not farm heroics for badges because they deemed them not necessary?

If you answer yes to that, then i think you have a warped vision of what makes them the best guilds.

Read more thoroughly what i type next time, i pick my words extremely carefully.

Deleted

I thought terenas was dead? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Suoma
    I thought terenas was dead? :O
    Oh, he is. Probably gonna be his ghost coming out or something.

Deleted

Wrong. All top guilds will make farming these badges a necessity so they can maximise their chances of getting first kills.

Wrong. Current badge gear represents the highest level of guild wide obtainable gear. Badges are mandatory to farm if you wish to remain in a top guild who focuses on getting fastest kills.

Wrong. Farming these badges will (for the most) be organised on a guild level. This means cutting into progress raid times (ie Icecrown) because they will be organised in the eveneing which is when most guilds raid.

Sorry my friend, i simply have played this game too long to know exactly how guilds are generally organised.

I don't mind that you like the idea of raiding old content to get newest gear, but some of the things you are saying (particularly where you say 10 badges a week don't make any difference to top guilds) is simply wrong, and it makes me frustrated when i have to point this out to you.

Lets just say that you personally do not mind the idea of progressing your character by raiding old content.

And i do.

And lets leave it at that.

Talking basics with you on moot points is tiresome.
    Hey - I thought you were quitting so get a move on will ya ?

15+ Year Old Account

Looks like they are working to get more things for Cataclysm into the game. Like the Dwarf Totems.
    ALTF4.

Troll totems look the best, but that's only because they've got different symbols for the different elements, whereas the others look the same regardless of the element.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    BULLSHIT! The highest gear drops from from a "no wipe Anub 25 man HM kill" - ilv 272 claoks
    Double BULLSHIT: Tier 9.5 REGALIA tokens need NO emblems and only drop from HM Anub 25 man
    Tripple BULLSHIT: Top Guilds..REAL TOP GUILDS...Stars, Ensidia, Paragon, let us just take the Top 10....have completed all Hardmodes before emblems made a difference. Because you actually need like 300 triumph to complete a T 9.25 (the ones with trophies) and you don't get that ina the week that those guilds took from release to full clear.

You're telling us those guilds didnt farm hc 5 men and waited 3-4 weeks for their first setbonuses?

This thread is amazing. Its like 10 people crying " don't say bada of my drug, its awesum".
    The passion with which you guys defend this kind of design choice (because really the real burden is minimal) would be' less redicolous if we didn't come from revamped Naxx AND the Thriump fiasco AND the 5 men farming insanity AND the new awesome 4 versione of the same raid formula. And you guys keep swallowing; at this pace, one could think Blizzard could get away with releasing an expansion made of revamped content and with no class progression, slap in 2 new races and sell millions to' the gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    They have replaced Undercity guards with Kor'kron and Varimathras B named replacement is the Kor'kron captain. Is Sylvanas under house arrest?
    I guess the orcs (I'm assuming Garrosh has something to do with this) don't trust her.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    They have replaced Undercity guards with Kor'kron and Varimathras B named replacement is the Kor'kron captain. Is Sylvanas under house arrest?
    She is at Icecrown.

I'm also pretty certain every member in those top 10 guilds all farmed heroics at every given opportunity even if it was just to get 1 more piece of t9.5 gear.
    This is the first evidence that you don't know what you're talking about, considering most classes would NOT equip "just one more" piece of t9. T9 was underwhelming as a whole, and most early Anub HM kills were done in mostly t8 gearing, as it's not optimal to swap to more than one piece of T9 until you can get at least the 2 piece, and for most classes the 4 piece.

Because just 1 more piece of gear per person makes a big difference to the raid.
    Assuming an upgrade from ilevel 226 or 232 depending on the slot to 245, not really. There would be a net increase, but nothing that would make or break a fight. At all. Especially from the badge gear, most of which is even more underwhelming than t9 as a whole.

The fact that they killed these bosses BEFORE they completed their sets is a show of their skill. Are you trying to tell me the Worlds top 10 guilds had all their players not farm heroics for badges because they deemed them not necessary?
    Most people farmed badges for one reason or another, regardless of guild. If you're about to jump straight into 25 HM content, upgrading to the 245 ilevel gear immediately is poor planning, as you can't plan around your offset in that regard, especially if you're a class that gains little benefit from t9 (see: rogues, half of the classes that have bugged set bonuses currently)

If you answer yes to that, then i think you have a warped vision of what makes them the best guilds.

Read more thoroughly what i type next time, i pick my words extremely carefully.
    I conclude that you're not in a top 100 guild. Top 1,500 maybe. Don't bother with the "But I am, why don't you believes me!!!?" tripe, tell us your toon and guild name if you're going to claim that, or don't claim it at all. You're not in a top guild. If you were, you'd realize how many kills were done in largely late tier 8 gearing mixed with minor early tier 9.
    Banned.

Deleted

1) The totems look great, Trolls the best.
    2) The Quel'Delar story reminds me of uber-sword Excalibur!
    3) I am guessing the two Shadowmourne models are because the axe will periodically freeze up in a unique animation.
    4) The loading screens for IC and Frozen Halls make me want to look in those dungeons/raids, a good sign.
    5) One rank of Stealth, ah well the old days when you anticipated a new rank of skill each 2 levels are gone sadly. I hope levelling is still interesting in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel

You're telling us those guilds didnt farm hc 5 men and waited 3-4 weeks for their first setbonuses?

This thread is amazing. Its like 10 people crying " don't say bada of my drug, its awesum".
    The passion with which you guys defend this kind of design choice (because really the real burden is minimal) would be' less redicolous if we didn't come from revamped Naxx AND the Thriump fiasco AND the 5 men farming insanity AND the new awesome 4 versione of the same raid formula. And you guys keep swallowing; at this pace, one could think Blizzard could get away with releasing an expansion made of revamped content and with no class progression, slap in 2 new races and sell millions to' the gullible.
    The majority of 'those people' got the world firsts without tier 9 set bonuses at all. Have you even looked at kill shots?
    Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Theguyabovemeisretarded
    The majority of 'those people' got the world firsts without tier 9 set bonuses at all. Have you even looked at kill shots?
    Let's have someone from Ensidia post in this thread and tell everyone that they didn't do any heroic 5 mans to get badges as quick as possible in order to gear up as fast as possible in order to get their World kill as fast as possible.

Until that happens you can kindly gtfo.

The fact that they killed the bosses BEFORE their members got fully geared is a show of their SKILL.
    NOT A SIGN THAT THEY DIDN'T FEEL IT NECESSARY TO FARM OLD CONTENT LIKE YOU ARE IMPLYING.

Dumb level 1 poster is dumb.

15+ Year Old Account

It looks like the map is also going to change.

ALTF4.

Those Item models are F*CKING IMBA! ;D

Look at the shields I tells ya!!!

*Pats blizz on the back*

(And seriously, Stop nerd raging nubnub2009, It's a game)

So you're telling me that for five weeks of gating those people didnt farm 5 men HCs?

Its a simple question. They didn't have setbonuses cause they we're limited by gating abd only having 9 tokens when HMs were unlocked.

Let's have someone from Ensidia post in this thread and tell everyone that they didn't do any heroic 5 mans to get badges as quick as possible in order to gear up as fast as possible in order to get their World kill as fast as possible.

Until that happens you can kindly gtfo.

The fact that they killed the bosses BEFORE their members got fully geared is a show of their SKILL.
    NOT A SIGN THAT THEY DIDN'T FEEL IT NECESSARY TO FARM OLD CONTENT LIKE YOU ARE IMPLYING.

Dumb level 1 poster is dumb.
    You're bad at logic. If they felt it necessary (i.e. required to down it) then they'd not have downed it before they finished farming said sets. Yes, it's a thing of skill...there's a skill curve that's independant from gear curve, more skilled players rely less on gear curve.

Also, nice fascination with Ensidia, considering they're not exactly world first at the moment. You'd think someone in the top 100 would know that. Ensidia didn't get the world kill, you're a moron.
    Banned.