New holy paladin! needs help

Hello,

I recently got my Holy paladin to 80 and am finding it hard to heal normals. (he was ret before)
    Could anyone give some good advise/tips about where to upgrade my gear or playing as holy?
    I just did toc normal twice and in both of the runs i let at least 2 ppl die Here is his armory -

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Unh%C3%B3ly

thanks

Re: New holy paladin! needs help

that might just be the worst gear i've ever seen....

just go ret, fail bad at dps in heroics and buy some better gear off ah, then come back and ask. dude, u don't even have half of it gemmed.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    that might just be the worst gear i've ever seen....

just go ret, fail bad at dps in heroics and buy some better gear off ah, then come back and ask. dude, u don't even have half of it gemmed.
    I've healed heroics with the same stats at the start of wotlk..

Now you should know Various things:
    keep sacred shield on the tank, same for Beacon of light
    Use flash of light on the tank every 10-15 sec to get a free HoT.
    use judgement of light every 30 seconds, for haste and extra healing.
    Use holy shock + divine favor every cooldown, if you can then use them together, but you will get alot more holy shocks in the meantime.
    Spam holy light

oh at the start.. gem/enchant for spellpower, when you hit around 2k spellpower start gemming for intelect.

hope that helps you

I agree with both poster above me ... for various reasons ...

2 ways to go for you ...

1:
    go back to ret ... farm heroics and buy emblem gear

this one is maybe easier and less frustrating (for you and your party/ies) since no one besides you will ever need SP-plate gear (well except another holy pala) you will also get all those drops from heroics

2:
    do what Gerina said and stay holy

this might be better to get used to holy ... learn the healing style, and when to cast which spell etc.
    but this way might get frustrating for you and your party if you often fail to keep everyone alive
    since we are now somewhat far away from the beginning of WotLK people have higher expectations regarding gear ... so you might not even be able to find pugs with that gear ...
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Ive geared Holy at the start of WotLK in full blues with blue geared DPS and tanks, it is completely possible. Even more so with all the full epic DPS and tanks you will be running 5mans with. I suggest running every 5man you can find for the emblems and the occasional i200 epic at the end. Naxx10 (with a good group) is also a possibility with your gear, and you might be able to find 9 others who want to cary you through TotC10 (don't tell them I said that).

About your spec and gemming; at low gearlevels you do not have the mana to randomly throw around Holy Light, as you will do in raids on higher gearlevels. You therefore have to focus on Flash and Sacred Shield. To bumb up the effectiveness of these spells, I suggest this spec and glyphs. The Critical rating from a Retribution subspec is only good when you use HL much, not when you are flashing. All other buffs you bring with Retribution are not really necessary in a 5man setting.

With a Prot subspec you get: Better SS, a 5min CD "raidheal" (bubble+Divine Sacrifice counteracts 40% of the incomming damage, which saves you group on TotC5 in the Black Knights 3rd phase etc.), 6% extra healing (Imp Devo Aura) and 2 minutes off of your Hand of Protection, which saves aggropulling DPS etc.

Glyph of Wisdom is good, if you HL a lot. On low SP levels, use Glyph of Light, which gives you more +healing. Glyph of Flash is also good, for the same reason: you Flash more than you HL. The third slot is variable. If you have manaproblems, take Glyph of Beacon (the Beacon will be on the tank 100% of the time anyways), else take Glyph of HL for the splash heal once every so often.

Get a Libram asap. The one from the Grizzly Hills PvP Dailys is at least an upgrade over a retribution one (even though it is bad for pve), but the Emblem of Heroism Libram is still the best you can get. If you aren't raiding yet, I'd focus on gearupgrades from badges and let the heroism libram be, while getting the Grizzly Hills one for the time being. You can get at least ilvl 226 Helm, Chest, Gloves, Belt from Emblem of Conquest and a lot more from TotC5 HC.

Good luck!
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

Thanks alot for the helpful replys, i know my gear is really bad i will be enchanting some of the plate healing gear and most of my friends have just got there alts to 80 so np getting a grp.

But really good info thanks again all.