15+ Year Old Account

Unholy DK Haste Soft Cap

OK, so I know that Unholy Death Knights benefit significantly from Haste, but I've been looking and cannot for the life of me seem to find the Haste soft cap anywhere.

If anyone could spit out a number for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: Unholy DK Haste Soft Cap

You can't find one because there isn't one (that matters.) The haste soft cap exists for individual spells, upon reaching the 1-second Cast time/GCD bottom, and it's likely only during Heroism/Bloodlust. So, the haste soft cap would only ever limit the GCD on Death Coil and Icy Touch, slightly, and only during Bloodlust. In other words, don't worry about it, it doesn't exist for Death Knights.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Just for the record.

There is no Haste cap. And i believe DK GCD spells are unaffected by haste rating. Only spells that increase *casting/melee/ranged* speed (such as Heroism) reduce the GCD.

For melee, there is NOOOO hastecap.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

May i ask why unholys like haste so much?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    And i believe DK GCD spells are unaffected by haste rating. Only spells that increase *casting/melee/ranged* speed (such as Heroism) reduce the GCD.
    I'm pretty certain that Strike attacks are not affected by haste, but spells (Icy touch + Death Coil are).

Whatever it is the cap would be 50% spell haste without raid buffs -> some 40%ish with raid buffs -> some 1300ish rating

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    May i ask why unholys like haste so much?
    Because almost 30% of your damage is melee strikes.
    biym

Quote Originally Posted by Yuron
    Because almost 30% of your damage is melee strikes.
    That's pretty much the same as every other melee class has and none of them stack haste, because even crit is a lot better.

thought most of unholy dk dmg is diseases what makes haste even more useless...
    correct me if i'm wrong.

Ive heard the random comments that haste for unholy is good from dk's i trust to know what they are talking about but didnt get clarfication at the time (because I didnt care). Now ive got an 80 dk and am very interested in going unholy and would also like the info here as well.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Haste is good for unholy because:

We have extra white damage in the form of 10% shadow damage
    We get extra Blood-caked Blade Procs
    Death coil is a huge chunk of our damage, faster casting = more likely to use all our GCD's and get in more death coils.
    Pets inherit 100% Haste
    Gargoyle is a pet and also inherits 100% Haste

Strength is still King. Haste and Crit are close, with Crit being better for our AoE and Haste having a slight edge in single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Athansor
    Strength is still King. Haste and Crit are close, with Crit being better for our AoE and Haste having a slight edge in single target.
    ^this. /endthread
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

15+ Year Old Account

Stat Weights for Unholy DKs as of 3.2.2 Cookie Cutter Blood Presence Spec.

Strength 3.05
    Haste Rating 2.29
    Crit Rating w/ 4pt9 2.10
    Expertise Rating 1.65
    Crit rating w/o 4pt9 1.60

Since faster auto attacks means more BCB procs and more Necrosis damage I can see where Haste would be a significant buff, I was more wondering if there was a point where haste stopped being effective for things like DC or IT. I've only recently started looking at Str+haste gems where I can get +4 or +6 str bonuses, so I lose 10 str on the whole but gain 20 Haste. Thats the only way I could see not just straight up stacking +20 or +34 str gems would be beneficial.