Thread: DK PvP

DK PvP

Okay, I'm a PvE junkie. I currently play a Restoration Shaman doing Ulduar and ToTC Hard Modes (25). So I'm pretty much in the deep end there... cough.

I'm relatively new to Arena, I played a bit back in TBC as a Druid but only as a bit of fun. Lately, I've gained a bit of interest in Arena and because my Shaman is 100% PvE both my specs are related to PvE and therefore I won't respec for PvP. I recently dinged my DK though and I'm interested in trying it out in Arena. I've played Shaman for a long time now, and never played Melee at end-game.

Here's my character: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...raj&n=Kindered

Currently it has 2 specs for PvE (but I've given up on playing DK in PvE because I enjoy my Shaman too much). I'm more than willing to dedicate both my specs to PvP. So I have a few questions for the community of DK's here at mmo.

1) As a freshly dinged DK with NO PvP gear what spec should I start grinding Honor in BGs in?
    2) What spec should I go for Arena?
    3) What's a decent setup for a 2v2 and 3v3 team involving a DK?
    4) Glyphs. What ones?
    5) I know there's not a rotation as such in PvP but any tips on what spells to use in whatever spec would be great.
    6) Anything else? =D

Thanks in advance!
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Re: DK PvP

1) Search.
    2) Search.
    3) Search.
    4) Search.
    5) Search.
    6) Did I say search?
    biym

unholy scourge strike is the best all-purpose spec and also the least skilled so you can't go wrong with that. Just look at Graveworm-Scarlet Crusade for mine (although for 2v2 I'd recommend subversion over wandering plague). If you get any healer in 2v2 that should be good enough to faceroll your way to some points. From there it's just learning.

2v2 with a disc priest you'll actually have lots of trouble against double DPS teams, especially those that involve mages and rogues.

If you're going to go with a healer, try to get a Druid or a Paladin. Shaman is a midpoint.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Alright, Unholy it is. Thanks.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbaroy
    unholy scourge strike is the best all-purpose spec and also the least skilled so you can't go wrong with that. Just look at Graveworm-Scarlet Crusade for mine (although for 2v2 I'd recommend subversion over wandering plague). If you get any healer in 2v2 that should be good enough to faceroll your way to some points. From there it's just learning.
    This is why mmo is a joke for forms. "unholy takes the least skill" are you kidding? Unholy takes the most skill especially now that all the cheese easy just smash your target spec's are gone.

"face roll your way to some points" Not that easy any more? You still playing pri-3.1 or what? Please learn to play.

BTW "blood" is by far the best spec to go for honor grinding with all the self heals abilities. But then again its bg's and they are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by kekoa
    This is why mmo is a joke for forms. "unholy takes the least skill" are you kidding? Unholy takes the most skill especially now that all the cheese easy just smash your target spec's are gone.

"face roll your way to some points" Not that easy any more? You still playing pri-3.1 or what? Please learn to play.

BTW "blood" is by far the best spec to go for honor grinding with all the self heals abilities. But then again its bg's and they are a joke.
    I know this is a bit late, but it does. You're recommending blood to someone getting started pvp when blood is the least used spec in the game for pvp by far, so I don't really trust your opinion. Sorry, but I've played all the specs extensively and unholy SS takes the least skill. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I digress, if the OP reads this, do go unholy

Blood is the least used spec in arenas maybe. But if i fresh rolled my dk and wanted to grind honor i'd go blood for bgs. That's what i was geting at.

Unholy might be "easy to play" but as far as being able to play it right...now thats another story.

Sure it can probably carry any bad dk to 1500. But good luck past that.

And the hole "i played all specs extensively" um lawl at lower brakets? I'm sure all specs were rather difficult for you at 1500. with unholy being the easiest of course.