Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Thank GOD I gave away my DK

Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat
    We weren't ever able to do this except in rare situations on some maps such as dalaran sewers where we could make windows for my priest to drink a hell of a lot while I kept the druid in combat.

That is why the absolute gutting of DK burst damage hurt my comp so bad, because at least on teams like protheal paladins and resto druids, we could create a good window to get a coordinated burst kill with my priests assistance by separating their partners (letting the druid run away to drink, chaining CCs after forcing def cooldowns and trinkets, ect). Alot of times we even had to use mind control to extend the window for me to get a kill (only if I knew I was capable of 1v1ing) Now we cant do that. Enter the arena as priest DK, probably the only 2v2 DK healer comp that actually took some amount of skill in season 6, and face off against any outlast comp and you are boned before the gates open.

Season 5 was retarded. I remember fighting one horrid team wherre my paladin healer died, and then I died, and proceeded to solo BOTH enemies in ghoul form because the healer was oom. That is downright retarded, no matter how bad the other players are.

Season 6 was a little better. Resto druid DK and protheal DK teams were way overpowered because of their synergy. DKs still OP in 1v1, I never lost a 1v1 when it came down to it before the scourge strike nerfs set in right before the season ended. That is retarded too.

But the gutting of the class didnt stop when it was balanced in 1v1 and lost its synergy with priests and double dps comps, they decided that they wanted to get rid of a DK's ability to synergize in 3v3 by offering exceptional (and overpowered, chains of ice is way to powerful and they should have nerfed it first so that other aspects could be tweaked without the all powerful chains of ice causing every other aspect of the class to get destroyed) peels. Now, there is no reason to bring a DK instead of another class.

A DK is still a very sturdy dpser, and can effectively shut down a caster for a long period of time with a kick AND a silence AND a spell immunity effect. They also shut down melee from ever target switching with desecration. They are still powerful in 3s, have you ever played a warrior/DK/Protly team? Probably not, because then you woudl know that DKs can still roll face and win... Garg+Bladestorm+strangulate+iceboundfort+AMS = 2 unstoppable DPSers doing massive damage to a single target with an MS up and the target not being able to do CRAP about it. Ive played like 30 of these teams this season, and how many times have I survived this combo? Twice... against a really bad team that didnt line up the abilities well enough. And then i died on their second one a minute or two later. Ive died through Pain Suppression to that too, when I anticipated they were about to do it and threw it up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    A DK is still a very sturdy dpser, and can effectively shut down a caster for a long period of time with a kick AND a silence AND a spell immunity effect. They also shut down melee from ever target switching with desecration. They are still powerful in 3s, have you ever played a warrior/DK/Protly team? Probably not, because then you woudl know that DKs can still roll face and win... Garg+Bladestorm+strangulate+iceboundfort+AMS = 2 unstoppable DPSers doing massive damage to a single target with an MS up and the target not being able to do CRAP about it. Ive played like 30 of these teams this season, and how many times have I survived this combo? Twice... against a really bad team that didnt line up the abilities well enough. And then i died on their second one a minute or two later. Ive died through Pain Suppression to that too, when I anticipated they were about to do it and threw it up.
    While you are correct, this comp is strong, I don't feel encouraged by being confined to a noskill cleave team.

While you are correct, this comp is strong, I don't feel encouraged by being confined to a noskill cleave team.
    Every other plate melee basically is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Every other plate melee basically is
    And it is stupid. I don't see why they cant give all classes the fast paced decision making of a rogue, mage, priest, warrior, or hunter.

I hit 2k with a warrior using a blue shield and a resto druid in hateful that didnt ever cast cyclone. during season 6. boring.

I have to agree with OP

DKs got WAY over nerfed, skills taking a double, or even tripple nerf (nerf on CD, duration, or CD dmg, Dmg effectiveness) in many of the same patches

Blizzards idea of balancing is

Was OP in S5-6
    Make useless in S7

Was useless since BC

Make op in S7 (hunter shammy comps)

this is their idea of balance. But then again i must say- atm Arena feels the most balanced its been since... idk; ever?

Im running rogue war PALLY (heals), not the best comp honestly, and we are doing decent enough winning a good 60% of our games; In the past seasons that simply wouldn't happen due to all the cookie cutter comps. Now days i see many unorthodox comps and I think thats a good thing

but DKs are still in a very bad position atm- Im honestly still more afraid of rets than DKs in arena (on my rogue)

And it is stupid. I don't see why they cant give all classes the fast paced decision making of a rogue, mage, priest, warrior, or hunter.

I hit 2k with a warrior using a blue shield and a resto druid in hateful that didnt ever cast cyclone. during season 6. boring.

Um sorry, warriors are in no way easier than DKs, if thats what you are inferring.

If you want a fast pace character, roll a roll, mage, priest, hunter, shammy, warlock, etc

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl

Um sorry, warriors are in no way easier than DKs, if thats what you are inferring.

If you want a fast pace character, roll a roll, mage, priest, hunter, shammy, warlock, etc
    I didn't say they were easier. I said that had a high skill cap. DKs have a high skill cap as well, but the difference is that they arent viable.

Warriors are fine, they are very viable and strong in many comps, but they are definitely not OP or easymode.

I didn't say they were easier. I said that had a high skill cap. DKs have a high skill cap as well, but the difference is that they arent viable.

Warriors are fine, they are very viable and strong in many comps, but they are definitely not OP or easymode.
    DK's may not be the most represented class anymore, but they are still viable, they are far from being shadow priests or moonkins.
    But it seems to you viable means being on of the most represented classes in top rating.
    My 3on3 dk partner was the main reason, why I got above 2k there this season, I wouldn't call that not viable.

They may not be perfect but far from being not viable, so please stop with the qq.
    You want to play the class, you think is best, that's fine, but don't cry about how bad you think dk's are so you can justify your rerolling with yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    memory of a goldfish aye.
    Oh, hey look! A fake castle!
    *turn slightly* Oh my god! Seaweed!
    *turn slightly more* Woooah, multi-coloured pink rocks!
    *turn a little more* Holy damn, a fake castle!
    *turn even more* Sweet Jesus, seaweed!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

If you do not play enough/skill to get gladiator on a DK why do you think you could get it from another class??

And you might want to go look at all the teams over 2200 rating that have DK, they must be doing something right..

Arena has nothing to do with skeel cuz its not balanced. Roll a shaman as a healer, it seems they're the strongest right now in arena.

the most unique and interesting class to play in this game
    stopped reading there. Thanks for the entertainment though.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones
    DK's may not be the most represented class anymore, but they are still viable, they are far from being shadow priests or moonkins.
    But it seems to you viable means being on of the most represented classes in top rating.
    My 3on3 dk partner was the main reason, why I got above 2k there this season, I wouldn't call that not viable.

They may not be perfect but far from being not viable, so please stop with the qq.
    You want to play the class, you think is best, that's fine, but don't cry about how bad you think dk's are so you can justify your rerolling with yourself.
    DKs are viable right now becuase of how overpowered their peels are. Not because of strangulate, not because of their gimp damage that goes down the drain when a Shaman is on the other team, not because of mind freeze. They bring a unique tool right now that no other class can bring, the ability to position opponents right where you want them.

With chains getting a DR, that is a HUGE nerf to the one trick that this one trick pony has.

DKs are already suffering in representation, they are dead last in 5v5 and third to last in 3v3. What makes you think a nerf as huge as this wont lower that even further?
    If you do not play enough/skill to get gladiator on a DK why do you think you could get it from another class??

And you might want to go look at all the teams over 2200 rating that have DK, they must be doing something right..
    I never said I could. next.

arena is all about which comp you play
    any dps + healer in 2s is extremely overpowered
    anything with a rogue in 3s is pretty much overpowered
    anything that involves a shaman or a druid is pretty much over powered
    Banned.

all dks have going for them in arena right now is control and utility. playing warrior dk holypaly my warrior hardly does anyless damage than i do yet has MS (which is so huge... a lot of ms classes seem to not get how good it is)

i mean its going well enough, ill be getting my relentless shoulders tues and am rocking my relentless 2h axe but this coi nerf is going to hurt. beginning to feel like an affliction lock in plate with shitty damage and snares.

Right after the Scourge Strike nerfs went through my Priest DK team played a few games and after discovering that we could not

A) out mana a resto druid team
    B) out mana a prothealadin team
    C) put out any damage whatsoever against a shaman team
    D) get a gib during coordinated gnaw strangulate psychic scream chain on ANY enemy due to the loss of 5% dmg from desecration, 5% base weapon damage from Scourge Strike, and lots of % modifiers for disease bonuses (my Scourge Strike was critting for 3.8k with 3 diseases up on furious geared opponents in my furious gear, rofl).

I gave away my account when my partner teamdisbanded after a frustrating string of losses dropping us below 2k and bringing us out of range of my partners furious shoulders.

I took it as a sign that I needed to get more involved in college anyways, and gave my account info to the first person in guild chat that took the offer. Joined some clubs, starting hanging out at the frat more, spent more time with the GF, and told myself I was going to boost my GPA but that last little bit doesn't seem to be happening (people don't change I guess).

Well, after reading patch notes after patch notes of destruction to the most unique and interesting class to play in this game, I just become more and more satisfied with my decision.

Chains of Ice on diminishing returns. Wow. Second snare in the game to receive diminishing returns since Frost Shock (yet that got reverted when Blizz saw how retarded it was). Blizzard class design is so banal that I am SO glad that I do not sit through the whiplash of rolling a class because it is an easy switch from a main and has cool mechanics, and inevitably ending up massively overpowered only to get blasted down to one of the most worthless support classes for the primary bread and butter of any comp (a healer and a mortal striker). Hell, even an enhancement shaman brings strong offensive dispels, can clear snares off his teammates (great for peeling) offer crowd control, and wipe fear, sleep, and charm from his entire team. Now the DK class offers garbage pressure against any shaman team (which is like 75% of the comps atm) and will offer garbage peels when this change goes live, and has no hope whatsoever of existing on any team that does not have mortal strike.

Even when I rolled a lock in vanilla I sat through this nonsense. I had a lock back when drakedog was pumping out his fan loved vids of him destroying people on a garbage class. Then the class revisions set in and skillcoil came into existance. Bottom to top in a single day. Arena comes out, and SL/SL takes glad every season. WotLK released, locks are nerfed due to being far too survivable yet health pools in WotLK did not scale like in TBC so the nerfs would have been great, last expansion. But nope, warlocks are garbage again for the first season. Then its time for a round of destro buffs, and now the class globals people with some of the highest numbers in the game, comparable to crits from finishing abilities like kill shot yet on two primary attacks, one of which is instant. Talk about whiplash.

Well, I learned my lesson. When cata comes out, if I don't find the new call of duty interesting enough to hold my attention, I'm definitely rolling a warrior. The one class that has never, ever been so nerfed that they are simply not viable in any comp. Mortal Strike is a free ride to an arena team any season. No more support classes for me. Screw you blizzard.
    Don't you think its a bit silly to get your shorts in a knot over proposed changes? Isn't the real problem that the DK is a one trick pony in PvP, not that the one trick is being nerfed? I'll never understand why people would rather complain about needed fixes than offer solutions to real problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelias
    Don't you think its a bit silly to get your shorts in a knot over proposed changes? Isn't the real problem that the DK is a one trick pony in PvP, not that the one trick is being nerfed? I'll never understand why people would rather complain about needed fixes than offer solutions to real problems.
    How many times do you see the real problem addressed by Blizzard?

I feel for dks. They are the Lich King version of Hunters in arena. Ignored for an entire expansion.

To say they still suck in pve though isn't quite true. Been playing one right now that can break 4K single target dps and is only toc geared. Not unbuffed mind you, but I'm still above 3K unbuffed