Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Pally Weapon Options

Anyone else feel limited at our selection of possible weapons to use as Holy Paladins? I was thinking about this the other day and realized that we are the only healing class with only 2 options for healing weapons... Unless Blizz makes some healing 1h Axes... >.>

Re: Holy Pally Weapon Options

And the fact that we are the only class that uses healing plate gear thus giving us a much higher chance to get the piece of gear over.. lets say a holy priest and a mage rolling on the same piece of gear.

The majority of healing weapons are Maces anyway so its not like you are missing out.

That is a problem I face with gearing up, being one of few healadins in my guild, when we went into Uld I was the only healadin geared enough to cut it, so I got geared quickly, but once it came time for a new weapon I hit a wall... Just wondering if any other holyjuicers had this problem... I'd really just like to see some 1h axes with healing on em...

Quote Originally Posted by QQLess
    The majority of healing weapons are Maces anyway so its not like you are missing out.
    Actually, at ToC, there are 2 maces (Anub 10 and Anub 25), while there are plenty of staffs and some daggers. At Ulduar, there were one sword (with spirit) and a mace on normal modes, and one hard mode mace (25-man). Vezax 10-man mace was a good option, but it wasn't very viable on the very first weeks for most of paladins

Shammans: Maces, Daggers. (Elemental, Resto)
    Priests: Mace, staff, daggers (Shadow, Holy, Disc)
    Druids: Mace, staff (Balance, Resto)
    Paladins: Mace, Swords ( Holy )
    Mages: Staff, Daggers, Swords
    Warlocks: Staff, Daggers, Swords

Most of swors have hit/spirit on it, the turning tide beeing the only one that doesn't have wasted stats on it (there is one in the 25-man tribute, but we can consider it hard to get).
    Maces are really hard to roll, since almost all healers want it, plus elemental shammans.

I can't see why blizzard won't let paladins use daggers. Or, at least, give more options for classes that can't use staffs.

Not that many guilds will see it, but there is a 25 man Tribute to Skill sword called Mortalis that is probably the BiS for Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    Not that many guilds will see it, but there is a 25 man Tribute to Skill sword called Mortalis that is probably the BiS for Holy.
    BiS for Holy, Arcane, Fire, Frost, Destruction and Affliction.

yeah, strong lack of shields and weapons for pallies in ulduar. little better in toc.

Quote Originally Posted by Motat
    And the fact that we are the only class that uses healing plate gear thus giving us a much higher chance to get the piece of gear over.. lets say a holy priest and a mage rolling on the same piece of gear.
    Wrong. Droprates are set with this in mind.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    BiS for Holy, Arcane, Fire, Frost, Destruction and Affliction.
    So?

You want a BiS holy paladin only item? lol. Because that makes sense.

Why don't you get val'anyr?

I really don't get your point tbh.

So what if all healers want maces? All healers want certain trinkets too? This isn't anything to do with "Holy Paladin Weapons", simply "Healer Weapons".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

I've seen Guiding Star drop off Razorscale 25 so many times, it seems most of the healers I run with are carrying the big baby rattle.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account

I've been stuck with the Turning Tide for a while now, but honestly, it isn't a bad weapon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos
    So?

You want a BiS holy paladin only item? lol. Because that makes sense.

Why don't you get val'anyr?

I really don't get your point tbh.

So what if all healers want maces? All healers want certain trinkets too? This isn't anything to do with "Holy Paladin Weapons", simply "Healer Weapons".
    I don't see your point.

Priests and druids can use 3 diferent weapons for healing (and for caster dps, also). Their weapons are shared by warlocks and mages (staffs, daggers), resto shamans, elemental shamans and paladins (maces).

Paladins can use 2, one of them being hardly balanced for healers (swords). Paladins and shamans have to share their maces with priests and druids (both dps and heals), and their few swords (Turning Tide and Mortalis are the only without wasted stats, such as spirit and hit) with mages and warlocks.

Resto Druids and Priests have arena staffs (more than one) and the mace. Resto shammans have the mace and the dagger. Paladins have only the mace, thus giving us not choice betwen mp5, haste or critical. Blizzard only give us the mp5 option, which is not always what we want. For God's sake, it isn't a drop, and we should be able to get the weapon we want, like all other healers can. And please do not say "Those weapons are for dps specs", because any decent disc priest or resto druid will use the spellpen off-hand for arenas.

I can't see why paladins should have more problems to get weapons than other classes. I didn't say the we should have a Holy Paladin weapon, I just said that more options would be fine.

Here is where things can be considered unbalancied. Shamans might want to complaing too, after all there isn't any healer/cast fist weapon since 3.0. I'm not even counting Axes, since they do not are a choice for healers.

And about the "why don't you get val'anyr" comment: I'm not talking about myself, I'm pretty happy with my weapon, thanks. The thread is about the difficulty that a spec has to obtain a weapon, not a QQ from a player that can't get their hands into a decent weapon.

Even if you are in a good raiding guild, is hard to imagine a 25 group with more than 2 legendary maces. Considering you raid with four to seven healers (dual-spec included), you really can't be serious that you are expecting all them to have a Val'anyr, that requires enormous farming and luck, for their Best (and possible) in slot.

The same thing might be said about off-set itens, like rings, back and neck. We cannot use spirit/hit itens (without wasting stats), while priests/druids will be happy to use "ours" haste/crit + mp5 itens, and casters will be glad to loot sp/crit/haste pieces as well. They just have more options, while we can only wait we have to wait for luck to win a rare drop.

Have you noticed that there isn't a single spell power ring without hit/spirit on ToC 10-man? The only options left are the Triumph ring (that is BiS) and a Lord Jaraxxus ring (haste/mp5). All others rings have hit and/or spirit on it, lacking from other important stat. The same problem can be easily observed with backs, but it got better with a new Onyxia 25-man drop (sp/haste/sp).

TL;DR

Sorry about the wall of text. We are the healers with less weapon options, period.

I'd say -- bring axe w/ spellpower !!!!!

Just a comment, Shamans can also use staves.

Quote Originally Posted by Energy
    Tonight we killed Vezax10 "hard"mode with 1,5 healers. this weapon not so hard to get now, so go and get it
    I'm still wearing Aesuga, and passing ToC10H anub mace to resto shammies, and other SP-stackers.
    i have 15 shards for the leg mace, but i'm just waiting for the mace that drops off 10 man heroic tribute chest in toc. i'd have 78int just from my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joarrak
    Just a comment, Shamans can also use staves.
    Yes they can, but shields are BiS to them too.

Again: I'm not saying that is too hard to get a weapon, I just think it stupid that we have less options. I want a sp/crit/resil weapon, not a stupid mp5 one.

Granted some shields may be BiS, but for a resto shaman gearing up, they may get a staff that is better than their current 1h+shield combined depending on how geared they are. Pallys don't have that option.

I had a hard time trying to upgrade my weapon for a while. Got stuck with Torch of Holy Fire and wasn't able to get a better one when ulduar started as I stopped playing for a bit. Was able to get in raids again near the end of ulduar. When Totc came, I lost Misery's End twice. Haven't seen it drop again. Then Onyxia came out and and sword from there dropped. I was able to roll on it as no one else did. Now I feel lucky that I lost the mace rolls cause I feel that the sword would be better for me even though it has hit.

But I'm still unable to replace my shitty naxx shield cause I've lost 3 times on the roll for Bastion of Purity to 2 shammys and a pally who isn't playing much and hasn't transferred with us yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinicus
    That is a problem I face with gearing up, being one of few healadins in my guild, when we went into Uld I was the only healadin geared enough to cut it, so I got geared quickly, but once it came time for a new weapon I hit a wall... Just wondering if any other holyjuicers had this problem... I'd really just like to see some 1h axes with healing on em...
    O ya, i scooped up the hammer of astral plane possibly my 2nd or 3rd week as 80. As the only holy pally with any raid exp vanilla and bc it was an easy choice on who to give it too.

Here i am 4/5 conq and a small slew of 232+ gear and im still sitting on that weapon. I know its mainly because i cannot commit to a raid schedule right now, and as a pug im sentenced by having to 1-100, but in the same respect, despite not having a SET raid schedule i usually am able to get in 75% of the beneficial raids and yet im still stuck with this thing.

But, i do not think its due to a lack of available weapons, but where the weapons lie. I cant say how many times ive run a 25 naxx only to either see neither Turning tide or torch drop, and when they do, it seems like im always 1 of 10 people that need em. In my opinion i think a few of the weapons need to drop off of earlier boss's just to give us PUG allstars a chance at some upgrades.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Board3r24/Sig.jpg
    (Sig too large)