Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Hippogryph Mount, Patch 3.3 Quests, Comics

Can anyone please tell me WHERE the Quel'delar chain starts?

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorzoom
    wonder how many ppl gonna ask about the "flip" in the video.
    haha that's exactly what I was thinking too. I know how to do it myself.

15+ Year Old Account

The normal walk looks good.. the running animation is a strange one. Looks like 2 people holding a carboardbox high and the leggs are showing beneath it.

Im sure that "turn in to Argent" end quest is an obvious placeholder. All that work to forge the blade, and it forces you to return it to some random argent fella to "rally" the troops.

That's what we need, to rally the troops, despite the fact that only 10/25(+1+Airship) people are going to be the main force to kill the lich king.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    Im sure that "turn in to Argent" end quest is an obvious placeholder. All that work to forge the blade, and it forces you to return it to some random argent fella to "rally" the troops.

That's what we need, to rally the troops, despite the fact that only 10/25(+1+Airship) people are going to be the main force to kill the lich king.
    Ummm No. Npc troops are going to be involved through out the raid instance. It's nost just 10/25 plus an airship attacking the lich king. Just look at the 5-mans being added. Pit of Saron has much more then just 5 people (plus jania/sylvanas) involved.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

WTB dragonhawk ground animation

though i suppose that would be an awkward slither like movement that would end up looking dirty with a lady belf
    A fool and his money are soon parted, but not nearly as fast as a nerd and his tears.

Quote Originally Posted by magik8ball
    We already got our troll raid. It's called the forums.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray
    my al'ar need legs too -.-
    lol, damn you.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sardokar
    Guessing the sword breaks apart in the fight with Arthas and we use part of it to make Shadowmourne, or something like that.
    Could be related to the speech Krick gives when killing his pet slave in the Pit of Saron:
    http://www.sarth3d.dk/WoWScrnShot_100209_233202.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    Ummm No. Npc troops are going to be involved through out the raid instance. It's nost just 10/25 plus an airship attacking the lich king. Just look at the 5-mans being added. Pit of Saron has much more then just 5 people (plus jania/sylvanas) involved.
    Regardless, the players do all the work, and for the player to do all the work into forging the sword then to give it to some nobody npc that will provide little to no support, is just plain stupid. Even Tirion is hardly putting Ashbringer to use. Besides almost 1 shotting the Lich King..

It would be different if this quest chain unlocked something.

Damn Icecrown seems epic.

Too bad I'm not PvE:ing, would like to see the citadel itself : )

you will have to excuse me for being abit slow on the uptake..

But why are people so excited about being able to walk and run with the hippo? Its got wings dammit. Use them!

I have to say that ground animation while hippo is running sux big time. Take a close look. For me it looks like 2 guys with a hippo costume since legs are moving like crazy and corpse is steady as statue...

So, are we thinking that Shadowmourne is Arthas' old hammer reforged into evil ???

Why would we take something that has holy power and using saronite to make it Bad Ass and not anti-scourge?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury
    Little by little, every bit of anything unique is being removed.

One of the major things that set the hippogryph apart from the rest of the mounts was that it never touched the ground. It has legs, but the mighty hippogryph was too majestic to soil its feet.

So much for "fun". Then again, Blizz has been nerfing that since beta.
    This.
    Im one in very few who loves the way the hippogriff animation is normally, it was a unique style from all the different mounts. i guess now ill shelve my cenarion mount cos that was the only reason i rode it, out with the albino drake again i guess

Oh and whether or not this guy was being sarcastic with the whole majestic bit, i love it. just antoher reason i loved the whole hovering and not standing part.
    I am a human and I'm inside your head " " Not for long Human! " he laughed " I am a tactical MASTER! " he grabbed a knife and plunged it into his head " DIE NAO HUMAN... " " OMFG did you just stab yourself in the head?! that's F'ing awesome! "

Quote Originally Posted by tosa
    This.
    Im one in very few who loves the way the hippogriff animation is normally, it was a unique style from all the different mounts. i guess now ill shelve my cenarion mount cos that was the only reason i rode it, out with the albino drake again i guess

Oh and whether or not this guy was being sarcastic with the whole majestic bit, i love it. just antoher reason i loved the whole hovering and not standing part.
    Oh gods, people will find anything to complain about, won't they?!

If you want to complain about something, complain about the fact that a hippogryph shouldn't, by all rights, be able to hover at all, given it's size and wingspan! That goes for - Gryphons, Dragons, Wyverns, and anything bigger than a hoverbird.

I certainly wouldn't be saying that giving the hippogryph a new animation is a nerf. I wouldn't be saying it killed the fun of the game, either.

*shakes head in disbelief* Some people are just unbelievable.
    Shadowsil and her variety of alts.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zandilar
    Oh gods, people will find anything to complain about, won't they?!

If you want to complain about something, complain about the fact that a hippogryph shouldn't, by all rights, be able to hover at all, given it's size and wingspan! That goes for - Gryphons, Dragons, Wyverns, and anything bigger than a hoverbird.

I certainly wouldn't be saying that giving the hippogryph a new animation is a nerf. I wouldn't be saying it killed the fun of the game, either.

*shakes head in disbelief* Some people are just unbelievable.
    Because all those things are extra realistic amirite? If something isnt broken why fix it? (or as somepeople seem to have note, why break it?)
    I liked the old animations alot, it was one of the unique remaining things in hte game. In saying that im not going to petition to have it changed back or anything, just choose a different mount. Personally the only mount for me is druid flight form, but my rogue aint gunna get that now is he. out side of flightform/hippogriff i dont like the look of any of the flying mounts in hte game. just personal preference.
    I am a human and I'm inside your head " " Not for long Human! " he laughed " I am a tactical MASTER! " he grabbed a knife and plunged it into his head " DIE NAO HUMAN... " " OMFG did you just stab yourself in the head?! that's F'ing awesome! "

I'm amazed anyone is complaining about adding a run animation to Hippogryphs. What about hovering above the ground in spite of the fact they had legs make them unique? It was just plain sloppy! You'd actually hear their legs hit the ground, and yet...

As a Night Elf, I feel compelled to ride my Cenarion Hippogryph at all times, because i'm a total RPer like that (give me a Chimera mount now damnit!) but I had to give that up because I just couldn't stand the run animation (or lack thereof). Now, the mount is complete, so I can ride it once more. Not to mention it just looks so sleek and badass when it runs now.

And to to the person asking if the Hippogryph mobs will run now, I doubt it. After all, Gryphon mobs don't run in spite of the fact their mount counterparts do, so I don't expect Hippogryphs to be any different.

Shadowmourne, Blade of Legend
    Isnt Shadowmourne an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by tosa
    Because all those things are extra realistic amirite? If something isnt broken why fix it? (or as somepeople seem to have note, why break it?)
    First of all, you missed my point. Which was... ahem... Some people will complain about anything. My example was merely to point out that there are better things to complain about if you're going to complain at all. (Hint about size and hovering - perhaps it is magic makes physics work differently for some flying creatures in the universe of Warcraft?)

As for fixing something that wasn't broken... It wasn't a bug, no one implied that it was broken. An animation was merely overlooked, and has now been added to the game.

I hardly think that the designers actually made a conscious decision to leave out the landing/walking/taking off animations of the hippogryph... Unless it had something to do with running out of time, and even then I'm sure they always intended to add the animation at some point in the future.

I liked the old animations alot, it was one of the unique remaining things in hte game. In saying that im not going to petition to have it changed back or anything, just choose a different mount. Personally the only mount for me is druid flight form, but my rogue aint gunna get that now is he. out side of flightform/hippogriff i dont like the look of any of the flying mounts in hte game. just personal preference.
    There was nothing special about the old animation - it was merely the same animation as flying, only slower.

As for the rest - can I have your hippogryph if you're not going to use it anymore? (Just kidding! ) I still haven't managed to work through the boring grind to get one... though I'm close to enough tokens for the the Argent one with my DK... but I still want the Cenarion one... *sigh* Something that may never happen, as I lack the patience.
    Shadowsil and her variety of alts.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

you can farm honoured - exalted in about 12 hours by running regular steamvaults, probably more as we did it recently with 2 level 60s and 1 80 prot pally, to get guardian of cenarius for alts lol.

Those reps are fkn easy to grind now, we did diplomat outlands reps in about 18 hours over a long weekend period for fun. So now you have no excuse

But back to my previous statement, im not complaining for the sake of complaining, im expressing my dislike for something that well, i dislike. theres nothing wrong with that, but when people scream I DONT LIKE IT FKN CHANGE IT BACK FFS then your arguement is valid. To you it might not seem unique or special but there are some of us out that did ill still collect the argent crusade hippogriff eventually its just gone from priorty to last on my list of mounts to get (77/100 fk my life)