Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Eoy from Ensidia didnt make the HM's.. Here's why!!

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    t10 4p bonus set for spriest is dpshammer of doom
    Yeah, let's give them a set bonus that makes haste completely useless for their "main nuke", and at the same time give them a glyph that makes haste useful for their DoTs.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Could somebody link this thread to that other thread about priests not QQ'ing? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    uhhh, the only DPS charts i saw had the one spriest just above tanks, below all other hybrids.

saw 2 parses from 2 different guilds who got world firsts in togc

saw priests at around 6-7k, which was 2-3k below the top
    They were 3k behind Rogues (FoK pre-nerf) and DK's (pre-remove Obliterate from Unholy rotation), not 3k behind the mages and warlocks (about 1.5k behind), the two classes you should be comparing them to. So yes their damage is a little low, but it's not as low as most people are moaning about.

P.S. This is nothing more than the end result of stacking 3-4 shadowpriests and 3-4 resto shamans in Sunwell Plateau, and since Ensidia is more of a "business" than a "guild", is doing nothing more than restructuring for the current market. That's the problem when you run cutting edge and are constantly reconfiguring your raid for what you feel is the most optimal setup you can "stack", if the game changes and what you did last year no longer applies, then you have to change your roster.
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    They were 3k behind Rogues (FoK pre-nerf) and DK's (pre-remove Obliterate from Unholy rotation), not 3k behind the mages and warlocks (about 1.5k behind), the two classes you should be comparing them to. So yes their damage is a little low, but it's not as low as most people are moaning about.
    blizz said there should be no more than 5% difference between hybrids and pures as far as dps goes

they're 20-30%

that is more than enough to moan about. you can't take the utility away and expect the crappy dps to keep everyone happy.

it's worth mentioning that spriests are the worst healing via damage class now, offer the same mana replinishment that the other classes do and literally offer nothing special as far as utility. even a boomkin brings more to the table with the 13% target debuff and 3% hit, spriests only offer the 3% hit

you can't spin it, you can try because that's your idiotic stance, but you can't spin it. worst damage, least utility of the utility/hybrid classes, already being left out

blizz said there should be no more than 5% difference between hybrids and pures as far as dps goes

they're 20-30%

that is more than enough to moan about. you can't take the utility away and expect the crappy dps to keep everyone happy.

it's worth mentioning that spriests are the worst healing via damage class now, offer the same mana replinishment that the other classes do and literally offer nothing special as far as utility. even a boomkin brings more to the table with the 13% target debuff and 3% hit, spriests only offer the 3% hit

you can't spin it, you can try because that's your idiotic stance, but you can't spin it. worst damage, least utility of the utility/hybrid classes, already being left out
    You mean that 13% damage debuff we share with Unholy DK's (who outdps us), can be brought by Warlocks (if necessary, and still outdps without being able to use CoA)? Oh wait, maybe you meant our 5% crit aura that we share with Ele Shamans proccing Elemental Oath (who outdps us), or the Improved Moonkin Aura that grants 3% haste that we share with Ret Paladin's Swift Retribution (who outdps us)? Everyone's utility went to hell, in case you failed to read the big list of shared buffs/debuffs from 3.0.2 pal.

And I'm not spinning anything. I'm telling you that comparing Spriests to melee classes is ludicrous at best. I've never said spriest damage isn't lower than it should be, just that it's not as low as people like you are making it out, because your first comparison isn't even to the same damage type. Instead of comparing a caster to melee and moaning, try comparing to a pure caster class and making coherent arguments about what needs to be done to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena
    1. I dont think Ghostcrawler reads Ensidia forums
    2. Even if he did he doesnt care
    1 i think he actually does, to keep up to date with the communitie
    2 think he does care about what is going on in the world .... of warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    You mean that 13% damage debuff we share with Unholy DK's (who outdps us), can be brought by Warlocks (if necessary, and still outdps without being able to use CoA)? Oh wait, maybe you meant our 5% crit aura that we share with Ele Shamans proccing Elemental Oath (who outdps us), or the Improved Moonkin Aura that grants 3% haste that we share with Ret Paladin's Swift Retribution (who outdps us)? Everyone's utility went to hell, in case you failed to read the big list of shared buffs/debuffs from 3.0.2 pal.

And I'm not spinning anything. I'm telling you that comparing Spriests to melee classes is ludicrous at best. I've never said spriest damage isn't lower than it should be, just that it's not as low as people like you are making it out, because your first comparison isn't even to the same damage type. Instead of comparing a caster to melee and moaning, try comparing to a pure caster class and making coherent arguments about what needs to be done to fix it.
    lol, you just named off 4 things that boomkins bring, FOUR, spriests bring HALF THAT, they only bring the +3% chance to hit and replenishment. they were KNOWN for being mana batteries and that was NERFED, so while everyone else received "utility buffs" spriests lost

and honestly, the 3% hit is not a big deal. it doesn't stack, most people are hit capped anyway and extra mana regen just isn't that necessary now for most classes/specs. that's why spriests are being left behind, what they bring isn't 100% necessary to competent guilds. and the funny thing is boomkins have mana issues (i hear, don't have a boomkin) so watch them get replenishment

and according to BLIZZARD, hybrids are supposed to be 5% behind pures. mages and locks are more than 5% ahead of hybrids, but spriests are about 7-9% behind BOOMKINS, 5% behind ELEMENTAL SHAMAN, both of which have it pretty bad according to what blizz wants to do

but shamans and boomkins bring that utility

if spriests did the same crap dps but had the utility they once had, i'd be happy. they have neither now. that's why they're bad.

one more time so you know what's up, SPRIESTS ARE MORE THAN 5% BEHIND HYBRIDS, BLIZZARD SAID HYBRIDS SHOULD BE 5% BEHIND PURES, SPRIESTS ARE 20% BEHIND PURES

lol, you just named off 4 things that boomkins bring, FOUR, spriests bring HALF THAT, they only bring the +3% chance to hit and replenishment. they were KNOWN for being mana batteries and that was NERFED, so while everyone else received "utility buffs" spriests lost

and honestly, the 3% hit is not a big deal. it doesn't stack, most people are hit capped anyway and extra mana regen just isn't that necessary now for most classes/specs. that's why spriests are being left behind, what they bring isn't 100% necessary to competent guilds. and the funny thing is boomkins have mana issues (i hear, don't have a boomkin) so watch them get replenishment

and according to BLIZZARD, hybrids are supposed to be 5% behind pures. mages and locks are more than 5% ahead of hybrids, but spriests are about 7-9% behind BOOMKINS, 5% behind ELEMENTAL SHAMAN, both of which have it pretty bad according to what blizz wants to do

but shamans and boomkins bring that utility

if spriests did the same crap dps but had the utility they once had, i'd be happy. they have neither now. that's why they're bad.

one more time so you know what's up, SPRIESTS ARE MORE THAN 5% BEHIND HYBRIDS, BLIZZARD SAID HYBRIDS SHOULD BE 5% BEHIND PURES, SPRIESTS ARE 20% BEHIND PURES

You're right. I named 4 things that can all be brought by other classes that outdps my spec. Would you like a cookie for being able to count? Or is someone else able to eat a cookie too, but able to eat it faster while still savoring the taste as much, and I should give it to them instead?

Again you show yourself as the kind of person who listens to rumor and happenstance, then admit that you don't really know much about something but it's what you heard. I myself have zero mana issues in a raid unless there's more aoe involved and I'm forced to use Starfall without Clearcasting having procced yet.

And one more time so you know what's up, Blizzard also clarified that to pures of the same type. But apparently you stopped reading after the first paragraph, and assumed that meant you should also be 5% behind Rogues.

You should also consider that you're arguing with someone who's stated multiple times that your damage does in fact need an increase.