Considering Pally reroll, yay or nay?

Hey guys, just wondering if ret is in a good place right now in terms of PvP reroll. I am currently enjoying my Warlock but would like to try a melee utility class. I suppose Shaman/Pally are my options. Do I need to be talked out of this?! Feedback is welcome! Thanks guys

Re: Considering Pally reroll, yay or nay?

well, it really depends on what kind of fire resist gear you have. for ret i'd recommend something along the lines of 400.

seriously though. i have a lot of fun with my paladin but it's a matter of personal preference. i'd recommend trying both. only way to know for sure which class suits you better.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

You're a warlock and you want to reroll for pvp? To a paladin? ???

I'm sorry, I don't understand the part about resist gear. I am not too sure how it relates

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    You're a warlock and you want to reroll for pvp? To a paladin? ???
    Just looking to try something new. Eventually would like one of each. I also don't PvP seriously. Too much rage in arenas, I enjoy BG's and world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the part about resist gear. I am not too sure how it relates

it doesnt.

if you want to re roll a pally for pvp you wont be disapointed.
    might get yelled at by pally haters for being too "op"
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

You clearly have never been victimized by Deep Breath cast of the pally-hating flamers.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Just looking to try something new. Eventually would like one of each. I also don't PvP seriously. Too much rage in arenas, I enjoy BG's and world PvP.
    For any "not-serious" PvP (BGs, Duels, World PvP, etc) Ret is fine, and in most cases can handle itself in a 1v1 or large scale battle.

If you ever plan to do something that requires crude teamwork (Arenas) then Ret would only be viable in 5v5.

Very cool. Thank you for your replies guys. I was looking a tad too deep into that fire resist comment & didn't realize what he meant until after At first I was like.. wtf is this guy talking about!? :-[

So far it looks like I'll be rerolling. I am certainly not pleased with only having Belf as an option but I guess I'll have to make due. Racial is nice but odds are it will be revamped/completely changed.

Can someone please refer me to a good Pally guide I can use for some builds/rotation type stuff? Am I correct in assuming that Ret is the best way to level considering I can heal myself? Am I stacking strength primarily? You guys rock, thanks again!

Honestly I would advise shaman. Enhance is probably in the best place pvp-wise that it has ever been.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

*XT-002 Deconstructor Voice "NO NO NO NO NO NO!" *

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Craas
    *XT-002 Deconstructor Voice "NO NO NO NO NO NO!" *
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\XT002Deconstructor\\UR_XT002_Berserk01.wav")

Thanks guys, Shaman's do look great as well! Any chance for an up to date Pally guide?

10+ Year Old Account

I have one of each... imo keep the lock =P if you wanna pvp as the pally, get a full PVE prot set, spec "prot pvp" see Chronalis and go PWN nubs in bgs

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks guys, Shaman's do look great as well! Any chance for an up to date Pally guide?
    Mine is uup to date with Mechanics and basic Talent point allocations- However, I don't list specific strategies on a per-Class basis.

go prot. Its so much fun running flags while everyone is whaling on you and getting nowhere while you just keep on moving!!