vindication really worth it for ProtPally?

Just trying to get some opinions on this. Considering the tool tips show that it reduces AP by 46, that doesn't seem like a high number. I don't think it stacks either.
    The bravery of mortals never fails to astound me. Death affixes its cold stare upon you and in return you rise to challenge its assertion! It is why your kind is so loved... and so hated. - Torastrasza

Re: vindication really worth it for ProtPally?

the actual number of ap reduction on lvl 80 is 574 and yes it doesn't stack with demo shout. it is useful if you are not sure there is an AP debuff on your target.

Passive 574 ap debuff and requires 0 thought to apply. If you don't run with a bear tank/warrior tank applying the debuff or a ret spec'd into it, most definitely pick it up.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Its absolutely worth it. I dont have any links or calcs off the top of my head, but it can reduce the incoming damage from a boss by 10-20% depending on the boss. Search the maintankadin or elitsit jerks for theorycrafting.

It does not stack with other classes, like warriors or other ret pallies with the talent, so if you ALWAYS have someone else to apply it, then its not mandatory. If you do a lot of 10 man stuff, I would definetly take it. IF you run mostly 25's, coordinate with your guildies.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iootnega
    Its absolutely worth it. I dont have any links or calcs off the top of my head, but it can reduce the incoming damage from a boss by 10-20% depending on the boss. Search the maintankadin or elitsit jerks for theorycrafting.

It does not stack with other classes, like warriors or other ret pallies with the talent, so if you ALWAYS have someone else to apply it, then its not mandatory. If you do a lot of 10 man stuff, I would definetly take it. IF you run mostly 25's, coordinate with your guildies.
    That is correct.

Bosses, unlike Characters, scale solely with AP and Base Health, rather than Agility/Stamina/Strength etc. What this means is that taking away 500 AP is like reducing incoming damage by 15% or so (when compared to a Player, who has between 7-11k AP).

10+ Year Old Account

unless your guild has someone who always keeps up their similar affect then yes it is a very nice thing for a tank to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    That is correct.

Bosses, unlike Characters, scale solely with AP and Base Health, rather than Agility/Stamina/Strength etc. What this means is that taking away 500 AP is like reducing incoming damage by 15% or so (when compared to a Player, who has between 7-11k AP).

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

I think there is no reason to not pick it as a prot pally:
    Why?
    -1: The application comes for free, you don't need GCDs or rage or anything to keep it up.
    -2: Warriors and Druids have to waste 5 talent points for it.
    -3: You only sacrifice 2% crit to take it (and 2% crit does pretty much nothing)
    -4: Even if you have enough retris that spec into it there are still situations, where you might tank, without any retri around.