Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

Quote Originally Posted by cappytoi
    I think instead of nerfing paladin's stamina bonus and EH, they will give other classes 4pc bonus as EH and they will give us avoidance 4pc bonus (so it won't actually effect our EH). I think this is a quick design solution till catalsym if there won't be a 3.4. I am pretty sure if they would give us another EH boost from 4pc other tanking classes would massively QQ about it. Brilliant imo! :P
    And in the end, Icecrown will be loaded with fast hitters and add fights, that the qq that we are unhittable will arise.

1) That 20% HotR is hawt.

2) Comparing to other 4-piece tanking sets, we seem very out of place. Paladins are rarely known as dodge tanks and yet we get the dodge cooldown while the other 3 gain effective health cooldowns. Strange.

3) On its own, 12% dodge can be damn nice (I won't turn it down) but a tank worth their shield will prefer effective health or damage reduction over avoidance (given all things equal). I'm not a fan of thinking this might raise our spike-ness, but at the same time 12% dodge is 12% dodge. We'll have to see how win (or fail) the itemization is before deciding if we go 2pc or 4pc.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

12% dodged attacks or 12% blocked attacks, what's the difference? Ok, I guess there are a lot of things that can proc on a block, but maybe they didn't want that. Also, a plate tank surely cannot "cap" dodge anyway, so raw dodge % sure can be a good thing.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Hammer of the Righteous damage increased. Blizz, this gets boring. I know there no wonder-chest of always new setbonuses but 3 out of 4 sets having the same bonus? Why not shield of righteousness?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    12% dodged attacks or 12% blocked attacks, what's the difference?
    depending on the boss, about 20k damage, a dodged attack is 0 damage, a Blocked attack just cuts off an amount = to Block Value.

and tbh about it being dodge, I guess we'll have to see what sorta bossfights they throw out in ICC before we start to debate about how useful this is, if there's alot of MONSTER hitters, or if there's lots of Magic damage, warrior 4p rules, but if there's lots of fast hitters, or add fights, then it'll be okay, of course with....12? bosses, im kinda hoping there's a mix of them all.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

lets complain less - play more - maybe then some of you guys will get better gear that makes u good enough not to go totally fixated on lil issues like this

12% dodge - is imba

why do i say that!? cause i dont go fixated like hell on what other classes have as setbonus

its what we have that will mather for us, not what others have

if u are skilled, the setbonus wont make the difference between you or a other class of tank with the setbonus

tbh id still take any of the other 3 tank classes set bonus' over ours, personally id take extra damage reduction over some extra dodge when i need it most by a long way, hense why i quite like the tier 9 bonus atm, having our only cooldown up a lot more often comes in quite handy

15+ Year Old Account

No cancel macros will be needed, imo. Just hitting the button should activate the 12% dodge. it would be totally friggin awesome if it was ShoR instead of HotR for 2pc, but on multiple mobs HotR will hit for so much. Hell, this is t10, make it both of them .

Overall, I like bonus.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by piffer
    12% dodge - is imba
    It is.

12% may not sound like so much, but if you consider that the dodge+parry+miss of a well equipped tank can easily go up to 60 and more %, this 12% of all hits dogded are further ~30+% of the remaining hits dodged.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    It is.

12% may not sound like so much, but if you consider that the dodge+parry+miss of a well equipped tank can easily go up to 60 and more %, this 12% of all hits dogded are further ~30+% of the remaining hits dodged.
    This. I'm already over 60% avoidance as it is (dodge+parry+miss, after DRs) and 12% more is just insane. Giving us a (reasonable) 5% increase from the jump in item level, it would make me go to like, 65% flat avoidance and 77% avoidance on demand, once per minute? Yes please.

If it's better a shield like warriors, a damage reduction like druids/DKs, or avoidance like us, it will go down on the damage and attack speed of the bosses. Oh, by the way... they're all on a GCD.

Also, try to have some common sense people. They are ALL bonuses on a 1min cooldown. It's blindingly clear to me that it completely ignores whether you have DP active or not, and just work when you press the spell button :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I'm at ~60% avoidance (dodge+parry+miss) after diminishing returns, with horn. Something akin to 59.32%.

By the time I've got 4 pieces of T10 and (more than?) a few off set pieces, likely belt, boots, bracers as well, I could be pushing 63%.

This 4piece would give me 75% straight avoidance for 10 seconds. Every minute. That's taking 0 damage from 3 out of 4 attacks (for 10 seconds). Sounds like a trinket waiting for the new Patchwerk/Brutallus' enrage.

Also thinking about how we could cycle through a cooldown "rotation," if given that we used DPlea, DProt, Wings+Salv and paired (or separate?) trinket use. That'd be for a boss that has few anti-tank specials, ie Auriaya.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

I'm not saying the bonus is bad, I'm just saying that when you ask someone who they'd rather tank a hard hitting mob, they're not going to say the guy who blocks 2k per 25k attack, they're generally going to say the guy with 60k life.

Still 12% dodge on a 1 minute cooldown is kinda scary, what will need to use that on? :x

Although the 4pc is really nice, it may work out that it's not necessarily viable to use it, since they might go ahead and nerf the itemisation on some T10 pieces (e.g. T9 legs) or make other pieces which are better than the Tier items (Ony25 helm / ToGC10 shoulders). Or perhaps even just do it like in ToGC25, where you get 258 legs / chest wayyyy before you have 258 tier tokens available (Unless you're in Stars / Paragon etc lol)