Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

T10 Holy Set Bonuses

Priest T10 Healer 2P Bonus - After your Pain Suppression and Guardian Spirit talents expire on your target, they grant your target 10% increased healing received for 10 sec.
    Priest T10 Healer 4P Bonus - Your Flash Heal spell has a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance Spells.
    Does anyone else think these (like the Tier 9 Set Bonuses) are rather lack-luster?

2P Bonus: Sure, it's a decent upgrade, but it is very situational. It seems far more useful for GS due to the glyph giving the CD a 1 minute duration if it isn't consumed by the target. 10% healing...for 10 seconds...I don't know, to me this just seems like a kind of lame set bonus.

4P Bonus: Utterly useless. Maybe if it had like a 30% chance to reset the cooldown it MAY be worth it, but at 15% there is no way in hell you are going to see me dropping pieces that are better than T10 just so I can get the bonus. CoH has a 6 second cooldown, Penance has an 8 second cooldown...cast CoH, by the GCD end you have 4.75 seconds left, flash heal means 3.5 seconds left, won't tick and cast flash heal again, you have 2.25 seconds left, if that doesnt work you do it again and have 1 second left, may as wel wait for it to get off CD. Not to mention that you may be casting PoH instead of FHeal during the CD so you won't even have that chance to reset. Maybe if it were 'All spells have 15% (more than 15% though IMO) chance to reset the CD'. Penance won't be much better, you will just have enough time for MAYBE 1 more FHeal in that rotation if you don't cast shields or anything.

I really hope these are placeholders, I hate both of the set bonuses.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

2pieces seems more like a single target healing, which holy priests aren't.

4pieces will be good for Disc when they are on Tank and only on tank since they will be casting FH alot, but for holy priests like me, which use FH 75% of the time only when SoL proc, it's not enough chance to reset it. Would have been better is it was Renew ticks that had a chance to reset the CDs.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

place holders... why will people never understand this.

the shaman one says it reduces cd on Lava burst by 15seconds when the CD is only 8 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777

the shaman one says it reduces cd on Lava burst by 15seconds when the CD is only 8 seconds...
    It's still ideas that blizzard has thrown there... And it might just have typing errors...

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777

i thought they were really goign to reduce the cooldown of eclipse by 6000.

More like T10 Disc Set Bonus, since the set bonuses benefit Disc more than the Holy.

T10 4pc is awesome for disc, and increases the value of haste even more for them(although we do have a hard cap). The number of FH a Disc priest can put out in the CD of penance is about 5-6, which puts it right under the average number of FH it theoretically takes to proc the bonus, which means the odds for it to proc in that time will be high. Not to mention it can also allow us to stop glyping for Penance but play a somewhat lack luster form of Russian Roulette.

These are clearly place holder for the healing set;

for the discipline; the 2 part bonus is nice, the 4 part bonus is also nice since when you heal the tank your rotation does involve flash heal, and reseting the penance is sort of nice (though i guess if it would reset PI or PS CD it would be more awesome).

for holy, the 2 part bonus, granting a 10% increase healing after the 40% from the GS is kind of a joke. If its ment to give strengh to the single target healing - its not like you need the extra 10% healing, but if it will be some regen buff like; when your GS expires you gain Xx% additional regen/int (or w/e), it will be some sort of boost to the direct heals or tank healing. the 4 part bonus of reducing the coh CD, i find it useless i'm fine with a 6 sec CD on coh. as well as a 15% chance on a flash heal, its not that much of a high chance in those 6 secs.

At the same time, we still don't know the type of healing that most ICC will include; if it would be heavy raid damage, or if most of the encounters will require the holy priest to heal tanks with big - enormous - gigantic heals, we don't know if we'll prefer using renew over flash heal, or the oposite.

I sure hope these are place holders that aren't even close to the real set bonus. I personaly liked the druids 4 set bonus place holder - which seems rather tastey for a druid, and hoping for a nice juicey thing for priests as well.

I hope t10 would offer some fun and exciting set bonus, have been waiting for some juicey set bonus that i would want and desire since wotlk came out (4 set bonus). I have gotten 1 part 258 t9m and 3 other 245 parts, and am using the 4 set bonus - i like it, but i wouldn't mind breaking the bonus either as a holy priest. sometimes i feel good about it - that i can pick up what ever item i want without careing about "oh noes i broke the set bonus" at the same time i do get abit jealous of others that do crave to get their set bonus.

My takes on the bonuses are as follows:

You toss out a Glyphed Guardian Spirit. Frequently it's on a tank. Quite frequently, the +healing output prevents the death more often than the actual proc (unless it's encounter based, for example Big Bang, or Sarth3D to name a couple). Now, after having the +40 bring a tank up, or the tank "die" and live through it, you have 10% to help stabilize damage and get it in a "good" place again? It's not gamebreaking, but it is nice. And as far as I'm reading it, it's from all healers, not just yourself. So the "OMG HOLY IS TANK HEALING" can stop. Now.

Though I think it should be "While your Guardian Spirit/Pain Suppression is active, and for 10 seconds after". But hey, that might just be a little overpowered. :P

The 4 pc is interesting. The proc chance seems low, but a different playstyle. Cast Shield, cast Penance, cast Flash Heal. Oh look, I have penance again!

Cast Circle, surge of light procs, cast Flash. Circle's back!
    While Circle coming back helps stabilize damage, it still isn't (and probably never will be) a heavy hitter. It is more important to Discipline, it's "okay" for Holy. But hey, it works.

Grats to Discipline for getting another sexy set bonus on a set you don't want, and a lackluster "meh" one for Holy. Nice, true. But worth it? Pro'lly not even close in the long run. Let's just hope they're itemised well for Holy again. Disc can pick up the peices for the set bonus, or drop 'em for whatever else, I don't care.

I still would've liked giving Renew a crit chance. Or Holy's Renew getting the haste buff they're talking about for Pain, and Discipline getting Renew to refresh on Penance heals.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

there have been "placeholders" in the past that were not in fact placeholders, hence why i said i hope these are placeholders in my original post.

and as for penance healing a MT, sure it's good, but when you have more than 1 healer on a tank it's almost negated. big whoop, you may get a bit extra to your divine aegis, but its nowhere near as good as i would invision set bonuses being.
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account

HEALING set - not just holy...

In any case the bonuses certainly look interesting enough. But yes, 2 set bonus probably won´t be as usefull for discipline as it is for holy due to the glyph and 4 piece bonus seems... ok´ish for discipline if it means that your penance is off cd the TWO seconds earlier you actually need it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    HEALING set - not just holy...
    Doesn't mean the set bonus disregards holy entirely does it? Which set bonuses have previous done tbh.

To be fair neither the bonuses for disc or holy come anyway where near the current bonus for Resto druids or Shammies. It is a joke to be quite honest.
    I mean last tier they try to push the use of Renew on to Holy Priests with the Empowered Renew increase (Far to small amount and if it was bigger it would still be trying to push people away from the frenzy of group healing spells Holy consists of. Not saying Renew is a bad spell.). Before that they try and make Holy Priests waste their mana and cripple raid mitigation (if there is a disc priest present) by shielding people to keep a spellpower buff up, that we couldn't even sustain anyway! And before that there was 5% reduced cost for Greater Heal. Need I say anymore?

This wouldn't come as a great suprise to me if it was not a placeholder. Holy Priest healing isn't really scaling or performing to the best of its ability against Chain Heal and Rejuv spam. Looking at the 2 part for Shammies that LOOKS like it should be a 4 part and the 4 part for Druids that is just going to save them even more mana aslong as they can keep track of where the free one went. It really doesn't inspire hope in me that this 10% additional healing when GS fades and 15% chance to get another CoH off of a Flash Heal will really balance things out. I mean seriously you cast a CoH, get a Surge of Light proc and then 15% chance of another CoH is far to RNG. Healing should not be RNG. THAT MEANS PEOPLE DIE when it doesn't work. Either that or the healing is easily done with another one of our many spells. Either way this set bonus didn't help did it?

Seriously just gunna go for none set pieces and hope they didn't screw that up for Priests by putting Strength on them.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

TBH, 4-set bonus seems a bit meh. Watching for procs is a pain, even with Power Auras. The potential for the proc to happen 1s before the cooldown is... crappy.

The 4-set bonus would prolly be better as: Your Flash Heal casts have a 15% chance to cause your next CoH/Penance to consume no cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account

I think priest set bonuses have been lackluster since the start of BC, to be perfectly honest. I miss when set bonuses were like T2/T3's, unique and actually desired because of the design in terms of the content.

However, I will say that as discipline, these set bonuses are something to look at and ponder.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    I think priest set bonuses have been lackluster since the start of BC, to be perfectly honest. I miss when set bonuses were like T2/T3's, unique and actually desired because of the design in terms of the content.

However, I will say that as discipline, these set bonuses are something to look at and ponder.
    Well actually the 2 pieces have been nice from T7 to T9

1 additional jump on PoM
    10% crit chance on PoH
    20% increased PoM

But 4pieces plain sucks for priests except T8/T9 4pieces for disc.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by james31
    The 4-set bonus would prolly be better as: Your Flash Heal casts have a 15% chance to cause your next CoH/Penance to consume no cooldown.
    I like that idea, but good luck getting blizzard to give us anything useful.

T2 = free renew everytime you cast gheal, was pretty OP at the time
    T3 = all of them were ok for the gear level, nothing to complain about really
    T4 = both were meh
    T5 = pretty crap overall
    T6 = 2 piece decent, 4 piece was ok before they took out downranking. set bonuses weren't very good overall though
    T7 = 2 piece is decent, 4 piece is utterly useless
    T8 = 2 piece is meh, 4 piece owned for disc
    T9 = 2 piece is nice, 4 piece is very lackluster
    T10 = they both suck

we have a good trend of set bonuses sucking ass.

If bonuses stay the same, and if we assume that you get SoL every time you cast CoH (a bit hard to believe but for some rough calculation it's easier to assume that).

on a 15% chance, it means that after 100 / 15 = 6.66 (let's say 7) flash heals next CoH will be reset, granting additional SoL.

Seeing a holy priest has CoH, PoM and SoL to look for, it doesn't look that bad. However, I do agree that 4pc bonus looks better for discipline priest. All of the bonuses so far favored disc tree a bit more than holy one.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    I like that idea, but good luck getting blizzard to give us anything useful.

T2 = free renew everytime you cast gheal, was pretty OP at the time
    T3 = all of them were ok for the gear level, nothing to complain about really
    Considering I wasn't on a Priest at the time, but hearing my priests saying these, I'd have to agree.
    T4 = both were meh
    Both were the baselines for the current Serendipity and the Prayer of Healing glyph. And were both terrible. :P
    T5 = pretty crap overall
    I'd have to disagree here. The 4pc was pretty nice for extended 5SR breaking with 3 more seconds of Renew. Not gamebreaking, but decent. The 2pc was worth anywhere between 0 and 200 mp5, and if you knew your ranks (I was using 4) it was something you wanted to hold onto, even through Sunwell. It was the model for the original Serendipity (mana return).
    T6 = 2 piece decent, 4 piece was ok before they took out downranking. set bonuses weren't very good overall though
    The 2pc was worthless. With a couple exceptions (like lolZA), you weren't casting Prayer because it was party only. 4pc was nice.
    T7 = 2 piece is decent, 4 piece is utterly useless
    T8 = 2 piece is meh, 4 piece owned for disc
    Agreed for 2, 4pc makes Disc "think" it owns all the time, when in reality it's some of the time.
    T9 = they both suck
    T9 2pc, as Holy, keeps it hovering as one of my top healing spells, even if all I do between them is spam Prayer Mending keeps pace. And 20% as Discipline is nice. The 4pc is terrible as Holy, but still added mitigation as Discipline. 3% for free. Not gamebreaking, but still up there as a "good" one.

we have a good trend of devs not having a clue what would work for a priest.
    Fixed.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

i can't even comment the set bonuses... :-X and i really hope is a place holder.

2p is relatively weak, but useful.
    4p is fine. 6 CD on a CoH and a chance on FH to clear the CD may be good if you're lucky ad cast a SoL'ed FH right after a CoH and you get it free, either you'll just happen to free its CD 4-3 seconds before its end when you're busy building up Serendipity or casting PoH.

Yeah, have to disagree on T5 2pc being a bad bonus at all. That was the kind of bonus that people waited until 4pc T6 to break.

And 2pc T9 has been great. PoM for me is #1 on almost every fight; 20% more on one of our best heals isn't bad at all.

I can just appreciate the problem Blizzard faces. Set bonuses are supposed to be just that: bonuses. Problem is that if a bonus is powerful then the only possible gearing option for a class is to get 4pc; offset gear is, for the most part, considered entirely inferior. Furthermore, Blizzard is forced to balance the class around the powerful set bonus, putting everybody who doesn't have it at a significant disadvantage (see classes like rogues that can hardly upgrade away from 4pc T8 until the stats from 4pc T9 outweigh it). Gear upgrades should be exciting, but not utterly game changing when you acquire a *single* piece to get a set bonus.

Personally I like the general trend exhibited by the T10 4pc bonuses. Most of them require active player participation to get the most out. The T10 Prot Warrior 4pc is a great example: it gives us an additional cooldown tool that will require a slight adjustment in playstyle to make use of, but not having it isn't a huge disadvantage unless we have to fight Sartharion v2.0. But as a Holy Priest I definitely agree that the 4pc seems of extremely limited use; if I'm in a situation where I want to spam CoH, then I'll probably be using PoH anyway. Procs that reset cooldowns really need to be associated with cost reductions/removal, so that even if they proc at a bad time they don't feel wasted.