Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

Sorry Kelesti, I meant T10 = they all suck, T9 the 2 piece is nice I do like it, the 4 piece sucks IMO though
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Need I remind you the 2 part set bonus for Resto Shammies at the moment is 20% HASTE AFTER A RIPTIDE?! Mate it is like more then half of a Serendipity with only 1 cast. And Resto Druids get a 2% chance of free rejuv. Seeing as druids I see use upwards of 300 rejuvs per fight it is like atleast 6 free rejuvs and it will probably be buffed cose 2% will definatly be too low.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

maybe theyll change their minds but im nto rolling on shitty tier gear if thats how the set bonuses are going. i mean seriously 10 secs of inc healing after a pain suppression??? woopty shit thats an o shit button not a regularly used spell.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Athelaz

The 2 set bonuses are wonderful as they extend the duration of emergency buttons use. It's especially good for Guardian Spirit as I would assume if it activates that the buff would then kick in immediately, possibly boosting the GS heal itself.

The 4 piece is 'meh' for both. Hopefully it will be changed to something more useful, but with how crappy T9 4p was for Holy, it wouldn't surprise me if they left it.

CLICK LINK BELOW TO POST ABOUT T10 2/4pc!!!!
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...1718&sid=1#117

First off, this blue post confirms that this isnt just some random placeholder gobbledygook, rather the base upon which they are working with for our T10.

Please make reasonable posts expressing your concerns on the link posted above, or else we may get stuck with something we just don't like.

My take:

2pc: Hey... its a 2pc, what do you expect? I think its a stab at something new... but ultimately will not change much.
    4pc: Disco tank healing: Nice. Your filling time between PW:S, ProM, & Penanace w/ FH anyways, giving a chance to reset your CD faster is neat.
    Disco Raid/Holy: Utterly useless. No holy priest I know will actively pursue this 4pc. In essence, if you have reached the GCD haste cap and you can squeeze 5 flash heals inbetween a CoH CD, the BEST you'll get out of this is 4pc is a 15% chance to save 3sec save on CoH. This is just utter rubbish and yet again proves that NO developer actively plays a healing priest. There is just no way this would have been proposed if this were the case.

They are offical. Fail.

What needs to be said has been said. No one really needs to talk about it. If Blizzard can't tell how to do it right for 4 tiers in a row, what thinks they will change now?

Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    They are offical. Fail.

What needs to be said has been said. No one really needs to talk about it. If Blizzard can't tell how to do it right for 4 tiers in a row, what thinks they will change now?
    They want feedback, so they're not set in stone. By asking for feedback, it means they're actually listening and the set bonuses will probably change(hopefully not much for disc though, the boni are pretty decent for them)

They are offical. Fail.

Magicism is Northwestern Slovakian for "negative Nancy who qqs more than pewpews."

True dat. I am just sceptical about all Blizzard does after being disregarded like my Father did to me QQ

True dat. I am just sceptical about all Blizzard does after being disregarded like my Father did to me QQ
    I agree, Blizzard doesn't have a great track record w/ priests. However, not electing to comment in their decision making process doesn't help. The more people bring up valid points on their thread, the more likely they are to make a change. Worst thing that can happen is you spend 15min typing up something. Worth it to me.

Guys when you think about it, the 2 set is good, if you are in a possition that you need to use PS or GS, and extra 15% is great.

Im Holy, and think the 4 set is okay too, flash>circle>surge>circle>flash>circle. I would be able to use HEAPS of mana healing the raid like this, surge of light says nothing about not effecting set bonuses.

2 part bonus:
    Holy: i use GS almost every minute, i can end up with using it 8-9 times on anub heroic mode, I find GS having a very important role, and a high raid utility. I find the set bonus poor. 10% increase healing on the target is not much. I compare this to the other set bonus and i find it dull. Even though i use this ability several time threw a encounter, on moments counting it as part of the 'tank cd's" rotation - an additional 10% after it ends won't be considered in this rotation.
    Discipline: I find myself specing for discipline MT healing afew times when we lack paladins, or when the absording mechanics makes the encounter easy to defeat. I find the set bonus Poor. Considering PS has a longer CD then GS it means that i will benifit from the set alot less.
    Suggestion: rework the set bonus.
    Ideas: GS/PS grants you 20% haste for 25 secs.
    Suggestion: rework the set bonus in spells that are more useable.
    4 part bonus:
    Holy: poor. reseting the CD on such a short CD spell where in anyway you'd like to keep the prom jumping, toss afew renews and flash heals. I never use it that often, i've never felt the need to use it more often. When it got a CD i didn't even change my gamestlye. 6 secs is enough time, and most of us don't use it every CD either. I don't in anyway.
    Discipline: Average. flash heal is one of the best fillers to discipline MT healing. you would probably use prom, renew, shield, maybe a hastened gheal and fill the gap with flash heals till penance is off CD. This is a minor increase output in healing. Discipline works abit differently then holy, this set bonus wll be hard to track, but once geting used to it - will add some flavor.
    Suggestion: rework the set bonus.
    Ideas: as suggested on these forums: your flash heal and empowered renew has a 15% chance to cause your next CoH/Penance to consume no CD.

Idea i had in mind regarding to set bonus:
    Your flash heal and empowered renew has a Xx% chance to reset the CD of your GS/PS.
    Your CoH/Penance has a Xx% chance to refresh your renew on the target.
    After casing CoH/Penance you gain 20% haste for Xx secs (copy from shaman's riptide).
    Your Prayer of mending also leaves a Heal of time effect healing 30% of the amount healed over 6 secs.

TD;LR: read whats Bold.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leprodigy
    Guys when you think about it, the 2 set is good, if you are in a possition that you need to use PS or GS, and extra 15% is great.

Im Holy, and think the 4 set is okay too, flash>circle>surge>circle>flash>circle. I would be able to use HEAPS of mana healing the raid like this, surge of light says nothing about not effecting set bonuses.
    ur dumb, thats only if you are lucky. 15% doesnt mean you will get it each time you cast flash heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyre
    Priest : Healing

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2-Piece: I see it as utterly useless. Like above posters have stated, Guardian Spirit doesn't get used very often, and the 10% healing after it is almost a joke, it's so negligible and will be there for such a short time that it's near useless, definitely not something I would look for in a set bonus. That, and Pain Suppression is a joke to put that on.

4-Piece: The biggest joke I have ever seen. Maybe if that % were doubled, would it be slightly considerable for gathering up four pieces to form a set bonus, however in the current state, ever for myself as a Disc priest, I have no intention of getting it. I get 2-3 Flash heals in between the normal Penance, giving me a slight chance to reset the cooldown prior to when it would normally be, but even then I most likely wouldn't be using it until ~ 8 seconds after I cast it the previous time, meaning that it is just a wasted set bonus proc. For holy it is an even bigger joke; with Circle of Healing on a 6 second cooldown, that allows for 4 Flash Heals in between cooldowns, something I doubt any priest is doing. They more than likely have a Prayer of Mending, A Prayer of Healing, and maybe one or two Flash Heals. For them even more-so, I could never warrant getting this set bonus unless the stats of the items were weighed better than any other gear that drops.

My Suggestions:
    2-Piece: Your spell critical strikes have a 10/15*% chance to reset the cooldown on your Penance and Circle of Healing spells. These spell's critical strikes count towards the reset.

4-Piece: The duration of Pain Suppression is increased by 5* seconds and the damage reduced is increased by 10*% (additive, not multiplicative), and Guardian Spirit's benefit is increased by 10/15*% (additive, not multiplicative).

I don't know how to word the end of the 2-Piece I suggested, just trying to say that the spell can reset the cooldown of itself.

I switched the set bonuses around because I felt that this way our set bonuses were a little more "fair" as I stated them, increasing the time on Pain Suppression and increasing the amount Guardian Spirit restored and the increased amount it healed during that time was completely unfair as a two-piece set bonus.

*Numbers can be tweaked, these are just baseline reference numbers that I felt may be fair.
    the big long quote was my post from there, throwing in semi-estimate temporary numbers. yes, maybe a bit OP but they can be changed. just my 2 cents of what a set bonus should maybe be like.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I honestly dont see how the 4 piece set bonus is any good for holy or disc.
    If a holy has CoH on CD it means aoe damage is going on - they wont be filling the time in between with flash heals, they will be doing PoH, I think :P
    Myself, as a disc priest, I rarely use flash heal on MT healing, with 47% raid buffed crit I go with Gheal when pennance/shield/pom are not on CD. 16k crits on the the MT make for much bigger shields on the tank than any flash heal can ever manage. I think the 2 pt bonus is nice however for tank survivability, its not great, but its better than the 4 pt bonus.

IMO the 2er is rly nice for Holy & Raidutility but 4er is crap

for disc is it the other way; 2er is crap & 4er is nice.

I'm an holy priest and in my opinion both set bonuses are crap. I will try to explain why.
    From a genaral point of view compearing the set bonuses with the one of the other healing classes I noticed something strange:

Druid set bonuses effect Wild Grouth and Rejuvination. Checking on World of Logs some reports of the most important guilds of my realm I noticed that genarally Rejuvination+ Wild Grouth represents more or less 60% of the healing of a Resto Druid.

Shamans set bonuses effect Riptide and Chain heal. Doing the same work described before I noticed that Chain Heal + Riptide represents more or less the 60-70% of the healing of a Resto Shaman.

Priest set bonuses (from a holy priest point of view) effect Guardian Spirit and Flash Heal/Circle of healing. Now Guardian spirit, at least for me, it is a very situational spell so it can be used or not depending on the fight/ Boss/ situation. Flash heal and Circle of Healing ofc are very important spells for a Holy priest, but Circle of Healing cd is already very nice and I don't understand why a set bonus should effect it, and the 15% chance that Flash Heal has to reset the cd is really really low. After casting Circle of Healing there is 1 second, more or less, global cd. Then u have 5 seconds before Circle of healing will be ready again. In 5 seconds u can cast more or less Flash heal x4. If souge of light procs we have always to consider that after an instant Flash heal there i always 1 second, more or less of global cd. Now assuming Flash heal x4 between a Cicle of Healing and the following one we have 60% chance to reset Cicle of Healing CD, but now some questions: if between a Circle of Healing and the following one u cast also a Preyer of Mending (that is one of the main spells of a Holy priest actually, or probably the main spell), if the encounter is not a static one but u have to mouve to avoid damage for example (in that case the Flash heal spamm between a Cicle of Healing and the following one is not possible). If u want also to use some different spells like prayer of healing, Guardian spirit (if Needed), Renew, with all those "IF" how many chances a Holy priest has to see the cd of his Cicle of Healing resetted? And again assuming a static fight in wich we are able to cast Flash Heal x4 between one Circle of Healing and the following one (without using any other spell ofc) and only the 4th Flash Heal will reset the CD of Circle of Healing when only 1 or half second left before Circle of Healingwill be again availaible, in that case do u consider the setbonus so usefull?

Going back the the Guardian Spirit Bonus, it will force all Holy priest to take the Guardian Spirit Glyph (atm I don't have that glyph for example), because if u can use Guardian Spirit only each 3 minutes (without Glyph) the 2pieces set bonus is even worse.

Now I can't understand why the other healing classes have set bonuses that effect their main healing spells, while priest have set bonuses that not only affect situational spells (like Guardian Spirit, and that for sure do not represent the 60% of the heaing done of a priest), but that in addiction "force" priest to that Flash heal spamm to try to have a chance to reset the cd of Circle of Healing that is already fine as it is now, and that also "force" priest to not use other healing spell (like preyer of Mending Prayer of Healing, Renew, etc.) if they want to have a small chance to receive some benefit from their 4pieces bonus. I mean the word BONUS should mean that we receive something, not that we are "forced" to not use our main healing spells to reset a cd. Probably Blizzard should start to think about 2 different set bonuses one for Holy Priest and one for Discipline Priest.

Ofc this is only my opinion

Sorry for my bad english and ty for reading

/Silendal

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Silendal
    Going back the the Guardian Spirit Bonus, it will force all Holy priest to take the Guardian Spirit Glyph (atm I don't have that glyph for example), because if u can use Guardian Spirit only each 3 minutes (without Glyph) the 2pieces set bonus is even worse.
    Why do people still not value this glyph over anything else for holy?

PS and GS are huge utility as a healer. If you dont value an "Oh-shit" button as highly as any other tool in your arsenal, you must have a perfect raid with zero hiccups.

In terms of the 4 set, it's not amazing and again feels very directed at discipline. It may not be as memorable as some of the other classes 4 sets for T10, but Blizzard have always lacked direction with Holy set bonuses >

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Holy priests still exist?

Holy crap.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Apparently they do read eedback thread, as they changed priest and paladin set bonuses:

Priest
    * 2 piece bonus - Your Flash Heal critical strikes cause the target to heal for 25% of the healed amount over 9 sec.
    * 4 piece bonus - Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells.

Paladin
    * 2 piece bonus - While your Divine Illumination talent is active, your healing spells are increased by 35%.
    * 4 piece bonus - Your Holy Shock spell causes the next Holy Light you cast within 10 sec to have 0.3 sec reduced cast time.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/2014...-feedback.html
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck
    Apparently they do read eedback thread, as they changed priest and paladin set bonuses:

Priest
    * 2 piece bonus - Your Flash Heal critical strikes cause the target to heal for 25% of the healed amount over 9 sec.
    * 4 piece bonus - Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/2014...-feedback.html
    I love the new bonuses. But still a bit too RNG for 4pieces, and Flash Heal for holy is used when SoL proc only. But we are on the good way if they keep changing it

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.