Help on gemming!

Hi. Yesterday I looted the ILVL258 heroic version of [Chestplate of the Frostwolf Hero] - I was wondering what your thoughts are on gemming for maximum potential. It has 1 red socket, 1 blue socket, and one yellow socket. It has 8str socketbonus. I could change my metagem to the one with 21 crit rating, instead of 21 agi with gemming this for socketbonus. What are your thoughts?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Workworkwork - I might be in PvP gea.. -_-

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Help on gemming!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebolaz
    Hi. Yesterday I looted the ILVL258 heroic version of [Chestplate of the Frostwolf Hero] - I was wondering what your thoughts are on gemming for maximum potential. It has 1 red socket, 1 blue socket, and one yellow socket. It has 8str socketbonus. I could change my metagem to the one with 21 crit rating, instead of 21 agi with gemming this for socketbonus. What are your thoughts?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Workworkwork - I might be in PvP gea.. -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Contents: (Copy the bracketed letters and hit Ctrl+F to skip to a specific part of the FAQ).
    [8GMS]- Gemming
    [8GMS]- Gemming
    Gemming as a Paladin is quite simple. The Meta of choice to use is a Relentless Earthsiege Diamond- This is mainly due not only to the fact that it provides a hefty DPS boost, but as because it has the easiest requirements to fulfill by the use of a single Nightmare Tear. Once you reach your Meta requirements, you simply fill in every slot with Bold Cardinal Ruby, which give the most Strength.

Once you acquire the 2 set bonus for Tier 9 gear, it has been shown that socketing an Inscribed Ametrine into set bonuses that yield 4 or more Strength will provide more DPS than if you socketed pure +20 Strength gems.
    *Important Note*---> Jewelcrafters will want to use 3 Bold Dragon’s Eye in their Red sockets.