Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anub'arak glyph choice

I was thinking of swapping http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41099 for http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43867 on the Anub'arak fight,which would give more dps?

Re: Anub'arak glyph choice

depends if you want effective damage on anub'arak or if you want to whore out and stroke the meters. consecrate is better for your raid i would think because your single target dps would be better but holy wrath would be very helpful. It can serve as an interrupt on multiple adds and help get them down a little faster(but not much)

i'd say it depends on what you're struggling with. we keep our ret pally on anub the whole time so he won't lose his vengeance stacks

I was also thinking of switching to command when adds pop but yeah i suppose it depends on what will give the best overall result.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daffyduck
    I was also thinking of switching to command when adds pop but yeah i suppose it depends on what will give the best overall result.
    On the small adds Command does more DPS than SoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinol

i'd say it depends on what you're struggling with. we keep our ret pally on anub the whole time so he won't lose his vengeance stacks
    Your ret pally shouldn't have too much trouble keeping his vengeance stacks up as long as he doesn't have to move anywhere.

As a Holy Paladin, I use the holy wrath on the heroic anub encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinol
    On anub hc atleast eavryone should be on anub, but doing aoe in anyway that they can. That means using command for paladins.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iradain
    On anub hc atleast eavryone should be on anub, but doing aoe in anyway that they can. That means using command for paladins.
    Its more DPS to keep Vengeance up on 2-3 targets at a time than to use Command.

You will do more effective DPS keeping Seal of Vengeance up instead of Command on Anub'Arak... Since I have 23 Expertise w/o the glyph of vengeance, i swapped glyph of exorcism for holy wrath and I am pulling around 9k DPS on Heroic Mode 25... glyph of concecration is still very good for anub, dps and mana wise.
    You only need to make sure you keep Vengeance up on the boss. (the dps on the boss is also VERY important... not only the aoe)

so you guys spam holy wrath and put the interrupt (for shadow strike) on dr ?

Holy wrath is also good for adds in the kiting phase... Also, they always cast Shadow Strike with the same patern/time... you just need to stun them at that time and they wont even start casting it and then holy wrath is there for your tanks to take less damage from the adds.

chain holy wrath
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/aubreyzollar/screenshots/Almaster2.jpg

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marhia
    You will do more effective DPS keeping Seal of Vengeance up instead of Command on Anub'Arak... Since I have 23 Expertise w/o the glyph of vengeance, i swapped glyph of exorcism for holy wrath and I am pulling around 9k DPS on Heroic Mode 25... glyph of concecration is still very good for anub, dps and mana wise.
    You only need to make sure you keep Vengeance up on the boss. (the dps on the boss is also VERY important... not only the aoe)
    You should replace the HW glyph for Exorcism glyph- Kiting the small adds is easy enough as it is with Freedom and SS. Usually I kite all the small adds, end up with 31 stacks of the debuff, and bubble it off. I find this saves more Healer mana in the long run, and I still have time to pop AW before the next burrow phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    You should replace the HW glyph for Exorcism glyph- Kiting the small adds is easy enough as it is with Freedom and SS. Usually I kite all the small adds, end up with 31 stacks of the debuff, and bubble it off. I find this saves more Healer mana in the long run, and I still have time to pop AW before the next burrow phase.
    You can't *tank* them on heroic since they have random aggro, also need to save my bubble at phase 3 for Divine Sac.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marhia

You can't *tank* them on heroic since they have random aggro, also need to save my bubble at phase 3 for Divine Sac.
    You can't tank them on normal either: You can still taunt them twice every 8 seconds though and keep them on you.

As for saving Divine Shield for P3: just use Hand of Protection on yourself after the first Burrow phase.

As a Holy Paladin I use the Holy Wrath glyph on HM Anub myself, and I find its a very helpful through out the entire fight.

You can't tank them on normal either: You can still taunt them twice every 8 seconds though and keep them on you.

As for saving Divine Shield for P3: just use Hand of Protection on yourself after the first Burrow phase.
    Freedom doesn't work on the Ice Patches on HM25 if I remember correct. At least thats one of the other Paladins said I myself never tried it. Also all the Paladins should be using HoP on the people getting chased during the burrow, and not on themselves for such a pitiful thing.

Back on topic the main use for the Glyph of Holy Wrath is to use it on the 4 Adds being tanked as much as you can, and it is VERY useful believe me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya
    Freedom doesn't work on the Ice Patches on HM25 if I remember correct. At least thats one of the other Paladins said I myself never tried it. Also all the Paladins should be using HoP on the people getting chased during the burrow, and not on themselves for such a pitiful thing.

Back on topic the main use for the Glyph of Holy Wrath is to use it on the 4 Adds being tanked as much as you can, and it is VERY useful believe me.
    Well thats the point: You taunt off the adds off of everyone to stack the debuff on yourself and not on your teammates.

Well thats the point: You taunt off the adds off of everyone to stack the debuff on yourself and not on your teammates.
    The reason you don't BoP yourself is because people are going to get chased by Anub, and you only have 6 ice patches. So what you do is when Anub Burrows, and the adds are dead you run to off to the side as a group. When a person gets targeted they run out to the Web (the entrance), and once Anub reaches them you BoP him so he can run back to the Ice Patch without taking Damage. This way you should only use 2 Ice Patches per a burrow phase, and get him into phase 3 with 2 left to tank the adds.

There are other ways to do it, but BoPing during burrows is by far the most reliable one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvwoQPxp2mQ

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya
    The reason you don't BoP yourself is because people are going to get chased by Anub, and you only have 6 ice patches. So what you do is when Anub Burrows, and the adds are dead you run to off to the side as a group. When a person gets targeted they run out to the Web (the entrance), and once Anub reaches them you BoP him so he can run back to the Ice Patch without taking Damage. This way you should only use 2 Ice Patches per a burrow phase, and get him into phase 3 with 2 left to tank the adds.

There are other ways to do it, but BoPing during burrows is by far the most reliable one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvwoQPxp2mQ
    Then just hope that you don't have the same person get targeted twice within either Burrow Phase