Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Tier 10 Video and Set Bonuses, Blue posts

Reminder - You can support this site by using MLGVoice for your ventrilo servers!

Tier 10 Armor Sets - Video Preview
    I couldn't just leave you with pictures of the known tier 10 sets. Here is your video preview of the DK, Druid, Hunter, Rogue, and Warrior armor sets!

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TvTpDaI-nEw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TvTpDaI-nEw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

MLG Wildcard WoW Tournament
    A select group of invited teams are presently battling it out on the Major League Gaming tournament realm for a final invitation spot in the 2009 MLG PC Circuit Anaheim World of Warcraft Tournament played on HP. One victorious team from this wildcard tournament will get a coveted invite to MLG Anaheim, November 6th-8th, to compete for over $15,000 and three HP Firebird computers.

This online tournament will continue over the next few days with a single group play format. The team with the best group record will be officially invited to participate in the Anaheim event. Also making this tournament more interesting and meaningful, the Complexity Gaming organization has announced that they will offer a sponsorship to the winner, paying the cost for the winning team to travel to Anaheim.

Scores, video coverage with live casting and much more will be available on Gotfrag.com.

Tier 10 Set Bonuses Update
    The Priest and Paladins Healing set bonuses have been updated once again.

• 2 piece bonus - Your Flash Heal critical strikes cause the target to heal for 25% of the healed amount over 9 sec.
    • 4 piece bonus - Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells.

Paladin
    • 2 piece bonus - While your Divine Illumination talent is active, your healing spells are increased by 35%.
    • 4 piece bonus - Your Holy Shock spell causes the next Holy Light you cast within 10 sec to have 0.3 sec reduced cast time.
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Cross-Realms Instances
    We are working on a system to allow cross-realm grouping, yes, as we have regularly seen complaints in the past regarding players having a hard time finding a group for the dungeon they want to run. We have seen a lot of success with the cross-realm battlegrounds and want to apply that to dungeons as well. While the current LFG system works alright, it's not really intuitive so a lot of players just avoid using it all together.

We are still working on ironing out the details of this new system and plan to provide a more comprehensive breakdown on it in the future.

Most of the issues that players feel this will cause are things that are already happening to some degree and we will monitor the situation and make changes as needed. (Source)

Strange numbers in Tier 10 Set Bonuses on PTRs
    Yes. It is much more work to create a spell in the first than to change numbers in it, so we often implement them in two steps: core functionality and number tweaking.

It may seem unpolished, but that's something you're going to encounter when dealing with betas, which is what a PTR build essentially is. Depending on when the data for the build gets pulled, we might be halfway through implementing something. The WoW team is far too large and churns out too much content for someone to go office to office to make sure everyone's stuff is 100% done and working before triggering a PTR build. We absolutely do that before making a retail build. (Source)

Trading Emblems of Conquest for Emblems of Triumph in 3.3
    There are no plans to do this. As much as the triumph emblems will be easier to obtain in the next content patch, that doesn't meant we want to give players every triumph item by farming conquest emblems now.

Death Knight
    Scourge Strike in 3.3
    The Shadow damage will be less if the physical part strikes for less. We took that into consideration when coming up with the numbers. On the other hand, the Shadow damage will strike for more if you have all of the talents that prop up Shadow damage, and that part can crit separately.

From many reports it appears that the Scourge Strike on the PTR isn't working correctly, so most of what we are getting back right now are theorycrafted numbers, and some of those are wildly off. Let's get the ability working correctly and then the community can have another go at it. We're totally open to shifting some more damage from Shadow to physical. We're not open to titanic Scourge strike crits again, given that Unholy DKs already do so much damage from diseases and magic.

The goal is for it to beat out two Blood Strikes or Obliterate. (Source)

Re: Tier 10 Video and Set Bonuses, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Blue posts
    [blizzquote]Cross-Realms Instances
    We are working on a system to allow cross-realm grouping, yes, as we have regularly seen complaints in the past regarding players having a hard time finding a group for the dungeon they want to run. We have seen a lot of success with the cross-realm battlegrounds and want to apply that to dungeons as well. While the current LFG system works alright, it's not really intuitive so a lot of players just avoid using it all together.

We are still working on ironing out the details of this new system and plan to provide a more comprehensive breakdown on it in the future.

Most of the issues that players feel this will cause are things that are already happening to some degree and we will monitor the situation and make changes as needed. (Source)

Hell yeah
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Cheers for all your hard work!

4pc Holy Pally bonus is nice.

Maybe the lfg system could take people by their roles and put the groups together itself. Since it seems that everyone is too lazy to do it themselves, especially the people marked as "leader", someone just needs to put the groups together more often. Especially if there is going to be more people in lfg. Often there is enough people to make a group for a raid, but nobody wants to put it together.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

The T10 is looking real good! Can't wait to see the rest.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

After seeing sets in action 3 things come to my mind:
    1) I would still hide warrior helm, hate the 1 broken 1 fixed horns.
    2) Hunter set is omfg awfull and even worse in motion.
    3) Are those jaws on druid set move? It looks awsome anyways.

Cross-Realms Instances

This doesnt sound too good... things come up as 1 leaves whole group stuck with a save.
    You'd wish to see my armory link here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    4pc Holy Pally bonus is nice.
    It seems that way on the surface, but if you think about it, it's a bit backwards.

Divine Illumination is best used with Holy Light, but 35% more healing on Holy Light more or less just means 35% more overhealing on Holy Light. If you switch to FoL, you take advantage of the set bonus, but not of the mana reduction cooldown.

They would have to give druids the coolest looking shoulders too bad they wont get to see it most of the time kekeke.

Geif paladin T10 :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    This fellow was very respectful in his informing me that he would ravage me on his character upwards of 11 levels higher than myself, and that I should go fornicate myself with an iron stick. Before I could thank this man for his kind words, he had already moved along to brighten anothers day as he did mine.

Why do DK's always get the short end of the stick? :'(
    Maybe tier developers just cba to do DK stuff!

We're not open to titanic Scourge strike crits again, given that Unholy DKs already do so much damage from diseases and magic.

The goal is for it to beat out two Blood Strikes or Obliterate.
    I lol'd at this. I think maybe they have Death Knights confused with Warlocks. You know, the whole "massive damage" while suffering DoT damage. Sounds a whole more like Warlocks than Death Knights to me. Massive damage.. Death Knights.. lolololol...

I lolled @ Hunter tied
    Looks like Anub'arak to me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Havocreaver
    Why do DK's always get the short end of the stick? :'(
    Maybe tier developers just cba to do DK stuff!

We gotta wait for the helm to be released.. that's the main reason
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    We gotta wait for the helm to be released.. that's the main reason
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually the Lich King's helm or something close to it.

Deleted

I like all the ier sets so far, except for the hunter - there is no detail, just an ugly helm and shoulders that look like badly recolored version of T7.

as predicted, the rogue set looks MUCH better on an undead model.

Still hoping Boub might go out of his way and post pictures of Orc or Troll Rogues. (Need to see whether they display Tusks...)

Undead Rogues in T10 looks absolutely incredible! Perfect! What a brilliant job.

PM Signature Requests: Closed / Queue: 0 / My Work! / Tutorial!

Am I the only person that thinks the Druid helm looks like a ridiculous giant smiling face?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    Am I the only person that thinks the Druid helm looks like a ridiculous giant smiling face?
    I was about to post the same!
    Am I the only one who thinks the Druid T10 head looks like [The Horseman's Helm]?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33808