Thread: Resto T10 4p

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto T10 4p

2 Pieces (Heal): The healing granted by your Wild Growth spell reduces 0% less over time.

The 2p is not correctly worded im assuming, but it seems an interesting idea.

4 Pieces (Heal): Each time your Rejuvenation spell heals a target, it has a 2% chance to jump to a new target at full duration.

The 4p however seems somewhat underwhelming considering how good the 4p t9 is.. has anyone seen anything on the subject as it it being changed, or reasons behind it because as of now t9 seems the way to go set bonus wise.

Re: Resto T10 4p

Sounds to me like the best thing about the 4pc bonus would be the benefits to mana. As for actually increasing healing output... well it's like rejuving two people with one gcd I guess. Yeah I'm definitely speculating that 4pc t9 would be better. This sounds like a neat effect for sure, but I'm not feeling it.

I am however feeling the 'nom nom' sholders.

Indeed... but honestly a rejuv spam druid really does not run oom all that much unless they have to compensate for other healers being less than great. I was honestly hoping for something like -

4 Pieces (Heal): Each time your Rejuvenation spell heals a target, it has a 4% chance to place a Heal over time spell on everyone within 8 yards for 5 seconds healing for 100 per second.

Essentially becoming a mini Wild Growth that is not affected by modifiers. In the end i think that this would equal about the same as the rejuv thing just a little bit more handy for those heavy aoe situations.

Edit: Agreed though - OMNOM shoulders

you can try averaging both bonuses.

t9 bonus in average increases healing done by rejuv by half of your crit chance. for me its around 12% bonus
    t10 increases average healing done by rejuv by 6x2% = 12%. its 2% per tick to pop another rejuv. it seems quite balanced to me
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    you can try averaging both bonuses.

t9 bonus in average increases healing done by rejuv by half of your crit chance. for me its around 12% bonus
    t10 increases average healing done by rejuv by 6x2% = 12%. its 2% per tick to pop another rejuv. it seems quite balanced to me
    #1 T9 scales with crit
    #2 T10 has the potential to refresh on a target you just rejuved, giving you no bonus
    #3 shouldn't the next tier of gear have BETTER set bonus's than T9? even given the best case scenario ie your math, it's equal

With your numbers the bonus's aren't even equal my crit raid buffed is like 32% and i am not un full BiS yet so at least a 16% increase
    compared to a flat 12% who won't even be affective alot of the time
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

I'm loving the 2p bonus, should be a nice lil boost to aoe healing output.

Quote Originally Posted by Belegonfax
    #3 shouldn't the next tier of gear have BETTER set bonus's than T9? even given the best case scenario ie your math, it's equal
    i wouldnt say that. those bonuses cannot increase infinitely. best idea would be to keep them balanced. besides we had many examples from the past where set bonus on next tier was much worse than on previous tier. just look at our t6 ^^

also bonuses in wotlk seem to be really powerful. so much that they could stop me from changing to next tier until i could have full set bonus. in tbc it didnt seem to be the case
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

10+ Year Old Account

It's terrible. Awful. The tier 9 four piece blows it out of the water. Hopefully they'll change it.
    Look! Words!

Something else that seems to have been missed in this thread is that they're reducing the highest rank of Rejuv to 4 ticks (untalented), so it'll be 5 with Nature's Splendor.

Also, while the base numbers would suggest that 4T10 would be a 10% increase (5 ticks * 2% chance), this doesn't factor in that the targets who receive the new Rejuv:
    1. May already have a Rejuv on them (perhaps they plan to make it that it won't cast on someone with it already, we don't know), or
    2. May not need healing (I would say that less than half of boss fights have constant raid damage like Twins where you're fairly certain the random Rejuv won't be wasted)

4T9 doesn't have these issues as you have direct control over who receives your casts, and therefore who receives the benefits of the crit ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart
    It's terrible. Awful. The tier 9 four piece blows it out of the water. Hopefully they'll change it.
    Well, the T8 Bonus was also better than T9. And guess what? They changed it...well, they changed T8 ^^
    So careful what you wish for.

I think the range of this will also play a big part... If the range of the new rejuv is the same as the rejuv spell itself (40 yards) AND the proc is "smart" (ie: jumps to someone who needs it, if no one needs it, jumps to someone that doesnt have it, if everyone has it, refreshes the lowest one) then this could be a pretty powerful set bonus, even with 2%.

However, if the range is only 5-10 yards... then it wouldn't be near as useful, especially on fights where everyone is supposed to be spread out...

Quote Originally Posted by Puri
    Well, the T8 Bonus was also better than T9. And guess what? They changed it...well, they changed T8 ^^
    So careful what you wish for.
    Better? In what way, my rejuv currently gains much more PER crit than the single small heal that casting the spell ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffMan
    Better? In what way, my rejuv currently gains much more PER crit than the single small heal that casting the spell ever did.
    I highly doubt it. The initial version of 4T8 provided a ~1600 heal, which means your Rejuv needs to tick for 3200 non-crit to equal that.

Still, the main benefit of 4T8 was that it was an almost guaranteed 1600 heal for every Rejuv cast - you just needed to choose targets that were slightly damaged and you got the benefit. That 4T8 bonus often amounted to ~10-15% of your total heal for a fight. That's a huge amount to get from just a set bonus. And this is exactly why it was nerfed - not to make 4T9 seem better, simply because 4T8 was OP regardless of anything else.

I think the value they have for it now is pretty good. IMO the 4T9 bonus is better, but not by a whole lot, and that's exactly the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    The initial version of 4T8 provided a ~1600 heal, which means your Rejuv needs to tick for 3200 non-crit to equal that.

That doesnt make sense, my rejuv ticks for 2600-2800 and crits easily for 4200 in 25 man raids, equaling a 1500ish bonus.. in fights where there is constant raid damage this is more realiable than spending another 400 mana to get a 1600 hit.

So in the end I call bull shit and I cannot see how the t8 bonus was even close pre nerf over a long fight with heavy aoe, which is where both of these bonus's thrive.

That doesnt make sense, my rejuv ticks for 2600-2800 and crits easily for 4200 in 25 man raids, equaling a 1500ish bonus..
    Heals crit for 50% extra. It's quite easy math to work out that you need 3200 non-crits to get a 1600 bonus from a crit.

in fights where there is constant raid damage this is more realiable than spending another 400 mana to get a 1600 hit.
    Well, not really. You don't cast Rejuv again on someone who's already got it, you just get that bonus when you're normally casting it on someone else.

So in the end I call bull shit and I cannot see how the t8 bonus was even close pre nerf over a long fight with heavy aoe, which is where both of these bonus's thrive.
    Here's my guild's first Twins kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/G...?s=4271&e=4550

This was before the 4T8 nerf, and our first attempt at this boss so didn't really know what to expect in terms of raid damage, hence I was tank healing. Even still, the Rejuv bonus from 4T8 provided 9.6% of my total healing compared to 25.2% coming from standard Rejuv. That means 4T8 provided ~40% extra healing to my Rejuv casts.

I'm sure you could look up other peoples' / guilds' logs with resto druids still using 4T8 providing 5-8% of their heals even with it only being ~800.

Still want to call bull shit?

This was before the 4T8 nerf, and our first attempt at this boss so didn't really know what to expect in terms of raid damage, hence I was tank healing. Even still, the Rejuv bonus from 4T8 provided 9.6% of my total healing compared to 25.2% coming from standard Rejuv. That means 4T8 provided ~40% extra healing to my Rejuv casts.
    Yes, but as you stated, you would not recast rejuv on someone who already has it, thus making the t9 4p better in comparison, because it will have 5 chances (based on crit... I personally run around 27% raid buffed) to do the SAME thing as the old t8 4p, just not upfront. I dont currently have a breakdown of the last twins kill I did, just the HPS and my highest rejuv Crit - being 9184 HPS and my highest crit being 5470. You cannot tell me that a 1600 burst when casted beats out having huge rejuv spikes.

All I know is unless you are extremely unlucky you will always get that one crit minimum per rejuv, anything beyond that is bonus.

Yes, but as you stated, you would not recast rejuv on someone who already has it, thus making the t9 4p better in comparison, because it will have 5 chances (based on crit... I personally run around 27% raid buffed) to do the SAME thing as the old t8 4p, just not upfront.
    The problem is that it's not the same thing. 4T8 is a guaranteed 1600 heal as you will be casting it on people who have already taken damage. 4T9 is not a guaranteed heal for the crit as the target may be on full health when it crits.

You cannot tell me that a 1600 burst when casted beats out having huge rejuv spikes.
    It depends on how much damage the raid is taking vs the amount the healers are putting out.

4T8 is a guaranteed heal. Random crits are not. That's the key difference which made 4T8 with a 1600 heal better than 4T9 in most raid damage situations. The only times I can think it would be otherwise is if the fight has predictable instant damage so you prehot the raid (making 4T8 useless) or if the raid is never at 100% health so the crits will never be overheal (a very rare situation - Anub would be the only one).

It's a moot point anyway as 4T8 is no longer a 1600 heal, and at 800 I agree that it doesn't compete with the Rejuv crits for most cases (there are still some where it might).

4P T8 has its good/bad situations and so does 4P T9, but isn't this thread about 4P T10?

it depends on how you look at it.

you can try averaging again. as we said t9 increases average healing of rejuv by half of ur crit chance. t8 was providing instant heal which healed for roughly 70% of what single tick did. there are 6 ticks so increase was around 70%/6 = 11-12%. it doesnt seem much.

but you can look at it from the other side - t8 gave instant heal which you could direct to person who needed it and avoiding overhealing this way. in many cases hot ticks end up in overhealing (partial or full) so basically u dont know how much each rejuv heals for. but you DO know that this instant heal will NOT overheal. if we assume that 30% of rejuv's healing ends up in overhealing then you safely say that t8 bonus would increase healing DONE by 16-18%

in some fights overhealing isnt a problem. but in most of them hots will overheal much

Here's my guild's first Twins kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/G...?s=4271&e=4550

as you can see, this is twins normal. raid damage isnt that high. it could even be the kill from when their aura was inactive. rejuvenation did 83% overhaling. according to my previous calculations t8 bonus would increase rejuv's healing by roughly 70% (12% / 17%). however this instant tick did 50% overhealing too, decreasing bonus to 35-40%. but to be honest - is this log viable to judge anything? overhealing was so high that it doesnt really matter what set you were wearing. you could go there with t7 from naxx 10 man and drop 2 healers out and effect would be similar ^^

i think this would be more viable log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1907&e=2182

its one of our twin val'kyrs 25 heroic tries. im having t8 set here. you can see that healing done by rejuv ticks is around 60-65%, while instant heal is near 5%. overhealing done by rejuv is on 20-30% level, overhealing done by instant ticks is 10-15%. as you can see instant ticks increased my rejuv's healing by around 8%

now, lets see t9 in same encounter: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1955&e=2272. thats our kill when i had t9 already.
    healing done by non crit ticks: 1773k
    healing done by crits: 718k
    without t9 i would do 2250k (1773k + 2/3*718k) healing. t9 increased healing by 240k which is around 11%

if you look at amount of crits you will see that my crit rate is rather low

now, different druids have different stats, some have high crit and some, like me, have it really low. druids with high crit may value t9 more. i myself liked t8 from before nerf more. now it seems t9 is superior

unfortunately it wont be easy to test how much does t10 bonus help. assuming procs wont land on people who have rejuv alrdy we could say its flat 12% increase. for me its on par with t8 and t9 bonuses. for druids with higher crit t10 would be worse.