Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Don't like those pets a lot. I've already merged my account but what is the point of it? I just did for the battle bot but I never use my battle bot now.

I don't see any quote where Blizzard says it's supposed to be a special pet.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    Why?

No, seriously, why?

Can you give me even one good reason?
    You agreed to switch to single Battle.net account at any time Blizzard chooses to tell you so each time after the patch, when you click "accept" on the terms of service. They don't need any more reasoning for demanding it.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Quick question, no flame please, will this pet be available to EU players as well? (sorry if I missed it anywhere in the already existing posts about this topic)

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    You agreed to switch to single Battle.net account at any time Blizzard chooses to tell you so each time after the patch, when you click "accept" on the terms of service. They don't need any more reasoning for demanding it.
    ...What?

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    what i dont get is how if blizz gives everyone (yes everyone, cuz everyone has to merge) a pet, it defeats the purpose of having a special pet... if everyone has one
    Potentially anyone can have any pet (without restrictions of discontinuation), pets don't even affect the game at all outside of being able to make gold off of em. QQ more, keep using your other pets if you want to be a unique snowflake.

Oh and also @Blizz: ZOMG ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!11!11111!!! Oh wait, my account's already merged.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    what i dont get is how if blizz gives everyone (yes everyone, cuz everyone has to merge) a pet, it defeats the purpose of having a special pet... if everyone has one
    The pet is a "thanks for listening and merging on time". For those people who for some reason wait until a month after the deadline to merge, they will not likely be able to get the pet.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: If I create a new World of Warcraft account, will I receive the pet?
    A: Only existing World of Warcraft accounts that merge with a Battle.net account are eligible to receive the penguin pet. If you create a new Battle.net account after November 11 and merge an existing World of Warcraft account with it, you will still be able to receive the pet. However, please note that we plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future.

looks like pet will be available to all once they have merged their accnt to battlenet. Not a big deal to do so no need for ppl to qq over it.
    Fear is the little death

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz
    Cute

So how and when do we get the pet? I already merged mine to get the battlebot.. can I get this too?

Deleted

Well, quite a stupid question it seems..

What does it mean that they'll be offline?

1. That they won't be up all day?
    2. They won't come online before you merge with Battle.net?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlto
    Well, quite a stupid question it seems..

What does it mean that they'll be offline?

1. That they won't be up all day?
    2. They won't come online before you merge with Battle.net?
    Offline as in not being able to play anymore on a non-battle.net account.
    Random IRC ramblings:
    <Bibi-> you can call me Arthas and I'll play with your Frostmourne
    <FlyOnZeWall> at the point where mouth touches dick, I feel it's safe to say nobody gives a flying fuck about balls

Why exactly are they doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm.jpg
    Isn't it obvious? They want everyone to transfer to battle.net already so they can finally decommission those old login servers that keep dying all the time. Also money.
    Random IRC ramblings:
    <Bibi-> you can call me Arthas and I'll play with your Frostmourne
    <FlyOnZeWall> at the point where mouth touches dick, I feel it's safe to say nobody gives a flying fuck about balls

Becuse battle.net is theire new gaming platform (community so to say) where you will have all friends and can chat with them whatever Blizzard game they are currently playing etc, and only idiots would not want to merge. So Blizzard are giving them a hand the hard way.

some kind of sick pleasure obviously

15+ Year Old Account

Was planning to merge a while ago. Did not do this, because I then had to log in with my e-mail. I think that sucks.

How do you know if you have already merged your account or not?

i use an authenticator... does that mean my account is merged?

10+ Year Old Account

so now after 2years the bad decision i made catches up to me...

i took a fake E-Mail to prevent spammails... and i just CANT log to Battlenet-account... im f**ked...
    well i wanted to stop WoW anyway.............................................-.-
    Furthermore, I consider Teldrassil must be destroyed.

Also money? You're a tool. You're not paying anymore than you're already paying for your subscription. From what I've seen, Battle.net will be an incredible tool, it's a community tool. It will link all Blizzard games simultaneously, allowing you to actually chat with others on Battle.net, even if you're playing Starcraft II in the middle of a scrim match and your friend is raiding Blackwing Descent with their guild. It's going to be truly awesome. It's like Steam for Blizzard without the stupid program. Think of your Battle.net account as a skeleton key to all your games, instead of three to four logins, you have one master login that's linked to all your Blizzard games.