Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Makakios
    "In order to provide the Battle.net Service, Blizzard must be entitled to access, monitor and/or review text chat, including private, or "whisper" chat, in the event of complaints from other users or violations of the law. By clicking the check box below, you agree that Blizzard (or one of Blizzard’s affiliates) has the right to monitor and review personal messages you send or receive on the Battle.net Service, or through any game that is playable through the Battle.net Service, to investigate potential violations of the law, the Battle.net Terms of Use, or the Terms of Use agreement specific to any game playable on the Battle.net Service. Blizzard will not use the information for any reason other than pursuing such violations."

That means if someone merges his account to a battle.net one all his chat is being monitored by Blizz?
    They already do. That's how they check to see if someone really was spamming when someone gets reported.

They can access backlogs of any kind of chat in the game. That doesn't mean they're watching everything you type to learn your dirty little secrets, but if they have a reason to investigate your account for any sort of infractions, they can look at all of your chat.

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Do i need to create a new account on battlenet or where to merge my wow account and battle.net
    you make a Bnet account and then merge WoW to that email.

www.battle.net

Quote Originally Posted by Lylic
    you make a Bnet account and then merge WoW to that email.

www.battle.net
    Keep in mind that simply going to www.battle.net will redirect you to http://eu.battle.net/?rhtml=y. If you are in the US, make sure you're going to http://us.battle.net/?rhtml=y

MERGE = YOU R UNHACKABLE = DONT WORRY BOUT UR ACCOUNT IT WILL NEVER GET HAXXORD
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic
    "OMFG I spent 7g buying [insert item name] from action house, but it didn't go in my bag!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki
    Keep in mind that simply going to www.battle.net will redirect you to http://eu.battle.net/?rhtml=y. If you are in the US, make sure you're going to http://us.battle.net/?rhtml=y
    I live in the US and it directed me to the US one :P it goes by ip and location

Required building block for cross-server friends list and is probably needed for the new LFG feature that allows you to group cross-server.

The only thing I don't like about merging is not having the ability to un-merge.

I merged two accounts so I could do a server transfer and was going to give away the extra un-used account, but as far as I can tell I have no way of doing so now since they both use the same login/pass and I can't unmerge the second one.

15+ Year Old Account

The World of Warcraft account merge process is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. heh

the hackers or the people after ur account have ur email already, cuz well, them fake emails and such (somehow, i actually want to know HOW if u dont give it to anyone, except no wow related things)

lemme merge, but let me login with my old username, that is only for wow.

reason given for why not.
    hahaha. no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylic
    I live in the US and it directed me to the US one :P it goes by ip and location
    Interesting... I live in the US and it directed me to the EU one... hmmm

Nobody seems concerned with the real issue here: Pengu won't have red eyes anymore!

I for one am very sad to no longer be able to say, "I have a demon penguin for a pet" and not be lying.
    ( \_/ )
    ( >.< )
    ( /\__/\
    (>O.O<) ---- MeOW!!
    ~m__m

Quote Originally Posted by Makakios
    "In order to provide the Battle.net Service, Blizzard must be entitled to access, monitor and/or review text chat, including private, or "whisper" chat, in the event of complaints from other users or violations of the law. By clicking the check box below, you agree that Blizzard (or one of Blizzard’s affiliates) has the right to monitor and review personal messages you send or receive on the Battle.net Service, or through any game that is playable through the Battle.net Service, to investigate potential violations of the law, the Battle.net Terms of Use, or the Terms of Use agreement specific to any game playable on the Battle.net Service. Blizzard will not use the information for any reason other than pursuing such violations."

That means if someone merges his account to a battle.net one all his WoW, SC2 and Diablo 3 chat is being monitored by Blizz?
    No, not really. The manpower that would be required for Blizzard to actively monitor chats in game would be ENORMOUS. This is in place so that if, say, RandomJerk whispers you and begins threatening you, you can report it and Blizzard can look up the log to confirm your story, then take action against RandomJerk.

POTENTIALLY, they could set something up to keep an eye out for specific words and phrases and notify them if they're found, but given the nature of the game, such a system could be quite a hassle, either giving false-positives over innocuous statements or not encompassing enough to be worthwhile.

if i remember correctly i saw a post somewhere, i think it was even on the frontpage here on mmo champion, and wasn't it possible to add friends that also merged their accounts to battle.net to talk across servers, even other games in wow? or am i mistaken or have this not been added yet?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

Cant verify my account name :@ WoW one.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Skoro
    Nobody seems concerned with the real issue here: Pengu won't have red eyes anymore!
    This is the main topic of the news guys.
    Why the heck are you discussing this pointless to Merge or not to Merge?
    Just merge and be happy. And save your QQ for the Red Pengu Eyes!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki
    Interesting... I live in the US and it directed me to the EU one... hmmm
    IP geolocation is very unreliable. You get an option to change the country on the first step of the sign up process, so it shouldn't really be an issue if you sign up using the wrong URL (Though I may be wrong, not tested ;D)

Do not get why people are so against merging their accounts. Just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    Do not get why people are so against merging their accounts. Just do it.
    i heard u get hacked in that place -.-

Given there were quite a few pages of posts, was this in eu or us? and anyone know what happens if you already have merged your accout? Still get the pet?

*edit* ok had some time and looked back in the post, all my questions answered *bows before Dinnerbone*

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Itsdarkandcoldoutside
    Given there were quite a few pages of posts, was this in eu or us?
    Both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsdarkandcoldoutside
    and anyone know what happens if you already have merged your accout? Still get the pet?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantús
    i heard u get hacked in that place -.-
    Yeah that's logical
    Random IRC ramblings:
    <Bibi-> you can call me Arthas and I'll play with your Frostmourne
    <FlyOnZeWall> at the point where mouth touches dick, I feel it's safe to say nobody gives a flying fuck about balls