Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Lombra
    Well, considering neither Diablo 3 nor Starcraft 2 will cost a monthly fee (or so I assume), it's no big deal I guess.
    When you assume...
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

I merged my account and it wouldn't accept my password! Now all I get is ' too many attempts'! But It doesn't tell me when I can try again!

The amount of trolls in this thread is astonishing.
    Random IRC ramblings:
    <Bibi-> you can call me Arthas and I'll play with your Frostmourne
    <FlyOnZeWall> at the point where mouth touches dick, I feel it's safe to say nobody gives a flying fuck about balls

Quote Originally Posted by Hayday
    Do people who already have their accounts merged get the pet too?
    "Players who merged previously will also receive the pet this way."

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

In the long run this is a great thing for anyone who plays Blizzard games.

Eventually, once they have a 2nd game that costs a monthly fee, you can bet they'll have a subscription plan that covers both games for a fee lower than what it would be individually to play both games. Sort of like how Sony did the Station account subscriptions, which was actually handled pretty decently (even if game development wasn't).

And in the end, it doesn't matter if you want to merge or not. It takes a couple minutes of your time, and the benefits of not having to worry about losing your game discs far outweighs any hassle a few minutes of your time causes.

Shai Hulud is recruiting! All 25m content except Heroic Anub'arak downed (including 0L, Alg, 4/5 TotGC).

http://shaihulud.guildlaunch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit
    And those of us who merged a week ago to get Grunty won't get this pet?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: How can I obtain the penguin pet?
    A: Once you’ve successfully merged a World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account, the penguin pet will be sent via in-game mail to all existing characters on the merged World of Warcraft account, along with all future characters on that World of Warcraft account. Players who merged previously will also receive the pet this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Barlos
    In the long run this is a great thing for anyone who plays Blizzard games.

Eventually, once they have a 2nd game that costs a monthly fee, you can bet they'll have a subscription plan that covers both games for a fee lower than what it would be individually to play both games. Sort of like how Sony did the Station account subscriptions, which was actually handled pretty decently (even if game development wasn't).

And in the end, it doesn't matter if you want to merge or not. It takes a couple minutes of your time, and the benefits of not having to worry about losing your game discs far outweighs any hassle a few minutes of your time causes.
    Smart, this man is. To him, you listen yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    For now. Its not free to make this.

There are nobody on Battle.net I wish to talk to, they just call you tool and act like the insulting people teenagers usually are.

Much easier to hack. Of course there doesn't seem to be anything which prevents you from making 4 battlenet accounts for 4 different games
    Newsflash lamo, You don't own your account or your gold or your characters or your items! Blizzard do!

They can do whatever the hell they want with it/them. Don't like it? Then stop paying your subscription and go cry somewhere else.
    IM KILLING INTERNET DRAGONS!

gief more penguinz nowz

Does ANYONE know how long they lock your account for multiple attempts to sign in?? PLEASE???

Deleted

Well, 150 replies and not a single valid reason for not wanting to do it.

Remember kids.

Blizzard don't want your details so they can sell em to third party's, they are building a single, unified, structure that will cover all of there games. This is good for everyone in the long run, especially if you plan on playing another blizzard game in the future. As all you will need to do is add the cd key, and your away.

Stop whining on the internet about something that was made clear would happen nearly a Year ago. You have had more then enough time to get used to this idea.

Oswald Cobblepot, AKA the Penguin.

"Q: What happens if I don’t merge my World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account?
    A: After November 12, 2009, you won’t be able to log in to the game unless you merge your account with a Battle.net account. You will need to log in using your Battle.net account username (your email address) and password."

Well if u can link me WHERE exactly did blizzard said this i'm gonna create that bnet acount instantly.
    Until than please don't scare ppl around dude.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Animalu
    Well if u can link me WHERE exactly did blizzard said this i'm gonna create that bnet acount instantly.
    Until than please don't scare ppl around dude.
    Check the first post. The one you likely quoted that from.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Update - Just to clarify, this is directly taken from http://eu.battle.net/faq/index.html, the US version (here) doesn't seem to have the updated information and the process might be different on american servers. You might end up getting the old FAQ when checking the EU site, logging in fixed the problem for me.

10+ Year Old Account

Not cool... I liked Pengu's red eyes! >

No red eyes?
    Dammit i want Mr Flibble!!!

They will be decommissioning the old log in servers which do not talk to battlenet.
    The new battlenet servers i guess are now all online tested and working.
    No need to maintain and run 2 sets of servers doing exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    ...Pengu was also changed in Patch 3.3 and doesn't have his scary red eyes anymore.
    Thank god. Though now that we are finally getting Mr. Chilly, it seems redundant to change him now.

I see no one payed attention to Blizzcon. This is because of the increased Battle.net functionality that will be added to the communication system. If you are playing Starcraft 2, you'll be able to talk to someone on WoW and vice-versa. I'm assuming this will work between WoW servers too.

I did it a long time ago for Cross Server LFG and unified friends list throughout any Battle.NET game, and the beta subscription lottery can't hurt!
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    \)___ :'(
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

I have a question that wasn't answered on the Q/A and was hoping someone could help me. My account is currently inactive, does merging with battle.net force me to reactivate it and pay the payment? The terms of use says this

ix.Fees. You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an Account registered to you. If you choose a recurring subscription for any Game, you acknowledge that payments will be processed automatically (e.g., debited from your account or charged to your credit card) until you cancel the subscription or the Account. Blizzard may revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Service, including without limitation subscription plans for any Game, at any time. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BLIZZARD IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY BACK FOR PREPAID TIME WHEN THE ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.