Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Realy completly sucks this. I am using a token for security that is not usable with battle.net and I payed a lot of euro's for it (especialy shipping and administration costs) and now I can throw it away :-[
    I doubt I will get any money back and security of my account wil be lowered so think this is a reason to quit then

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    Why?

No, seriously, why?

Can you give me even one good reason?
    I can: in my loc battle.net accounts works much-much worse then "normal" ones, they causes countless "qq" posts on forums coz this. And our "support" didnt work as well as EU (or US) do (for example - in-game tickets can be unreaded for 4-5 days...) so if "shit happend" (and in 85% it will) and my new acc will not work "it will be good" if i will be offline "only" for 4-5 days...

So is this a "good one" ?... Or, maybe, you have more questions?

P.S. as i said about "cross realms LFG" - goddamn before you add something new just be sure that all "old ones" works well for ALL.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    [...] in-game tickets can be unreaded for 4-5 days... [...]
    If you're stupid enough to imply tickets don't get read for up to five days, it's safe to say any points you were trying to make can be disregarded.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

for all the people who didnt see this coming mabe this will help...

its free and takes 5mins max to sort
    dont whinge all the time it wont change nothin

./awaits people who QQ about ban ;D

Storm in a teacup :

Just get a Blizzard Authenticator, your chances of getting hacked once one is enabled are remote

And the Authenticator does work with the Battle.net account, at least mine does ???

Well as somebody who can't remember what e-mail he used to originally sign up to wow I'm pretty fucked. It's ****ed out on the wow account page and even if I could see it, I don't think I could get access to it.

Basically I'm gonna have to go through a load of phone calls / e-mails with blizz trying to sort this out for pretty much no fucking reason.

I'm one of the people strongly against this. Why the fuck not make it optional? I doubt I'm the only person in this boat.

Deleted

I own an account that used to be from a girlfriend of mine. She quit wow when TBC released. The name/adres etc it was registered with ofcourse differs from my battle.net account. Also, the email of that account is her previous ISP email to which me nor her has access to.

Can I merge this account to my battle.net account at all? Or do I really need access to that emailadress the wow account was registered with?

Does anyone know if I am able to login the 2nd wow account under the same b.net account, while the first one is logged in?

Nvm I found this in the FAQ:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Q: How do I log in if I’ve merged multiple World of Warcraft accounts?

A: After you log in to World of Warcraft using the Battle.net Account, you will be prompted to select which of the merged World of Warcraft accounts you wish to play. Players with multiple World of Warcraft accounts are still able to log in and play them simultaneously.

my family and i will probably just cancel our acounts. we dont play much now days, and this stunt by blizz is the straw the broke the cammels back. i do not like being told i have to do somthing or im not going to be able to play. i play wow because i can do what i want when i want without a boss telling me do this or your fired.

this is just the same thing imo. merg or you cant play.

is my opinion retarted to some people? yes probably.

is my opinion un-founded? no its not.

reguardles of how complicated it will be for me to make and merg 5 acounts with emails we have not used in years and game keys we cant find ( bought 5 sets of games - 5 vanilla - 5 bc - 5 woltk ) and atm we only have 1 set of games still available. so we are screwed either way.

this system lets blizz and the players using it controll the acounts more easly, and i have no problems with that. however i play 1 blizz game ( world of warcraft ) i have no use for a battle.net acount wich is why i never made one. the consept of geting one started given my situation is enough, however having to log into everything with my email ( wich is long and anoying to type ) puts me off as well.

this stunt lost 5 members $75 a month. oh well maybe ill spend that money and do a faimly movie night every month. we will have to see. oh and we were going to buy caticlysm so that wuld have ben another $250.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    my family and i will probably just cancel our acounts. we dont play much now days, and this stunt by blizz is the straw the broke the cammels back. i do not like being told i have to do somthing or im not going to be able to play. i play wow because i can do what i want when i want without a boss telling me do this or your fired.

this is just the same thing imo. merg or you cant play.

is my opinion retarted to some people? yes probably.

is my opinion un-founded? no its not.

reguardles of how complicated it will be for me to make and merg 5 acounts with emails we have not used in years and game keys we cant find ( bought 5 sets of games - 5 vanilla - 5 bc - 5 woltk ) and atm we only have 1 set of games still available. so we are screwed either way.

this system lets blizz and the players using it controll the acounts more easly, and i have no problems with that. however i play 1 blizz game ( world of warcraft ) i have no use for a battle.net acount wich is why i never made one. the consept of geting one started given my situation is enough, however having to log into everything with my email ( wich is long and anoying to type ) puts me off as well.

this stunt lost 5 members $75 a month. oh well maybe ill spend that money and do a faimly movie night every month. we will have to see. oh and we were going to buy caticlysm so that wuld have ben another $250.
    Er what? You can create a new email, it's not hard these days and keep the email addresses somewhere on a paper (or find out from acc management). And you don't really need to merge under 1 email, although you could.

And it doesn't take very long to merge all 5, just acc name, pw is all. Then click the links in each email. No need for cd key.

Btw, some companies do require you to change/merge accounts because they upgraded their tech. It's the same here. The reason we never upgraded is because there were initial problems with the b.net system.

And read my post above yours.

I don't really understand if this was for US or EU accounts? cuz I can't find anything about necessary account merge on wow-europe.com or EU forums

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot
    Well as somebody who can't remember what e-mail he used to originally sign up to wow I'm pretty fucked. It's ****ed out on the wow account page and even if I could see it, I don't think I could get access to it.

Basically I'm gonna have to go through a load of phone calls / e-mails with blizz trying to sort this out for pretty much no fucking reason.

I'm one of the people strongly against this. Why the fuck not make it optional? I doubt I'm the only person in this boat.
    I had the same problem. I was like 12 year old or something when i started and made a new Wow e-mail :P... and i've totally forgot the name of it and the pass. But i didnt need it to anything when i merged ! i just made a new battle.net account with my real e-mail and merged my wow account to it, they just asked my acc and wowpass

I'm pretty relieved that it worked out that well :-*
    (>^^)># This my friend.... Is a Waffle #<(^^<)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Matsuraki
    They already do. That's how they check to see if someone really was spamming when someone gets reported.

They can access backlogs of any kind of chat in the game. That doesn't mean they're watching everything you type to learn your dirty little secrets, but if they have a reason to investigate your account for any sort of infractions, they can look at all of your chat.
    Going abit offtopic here, but:
    Huh.
    As far as I remember from some part of the EULA I actually read, they don't record whispers, right?
    I think it was something like "Blizzard can and will if needed check your chat logs in-game. They will never check your whisper records". Just wondering, since I don't like being confused about facts :P

Quote Originally Posted by tankadin
    I don't really understand if this was for US or EU accounts? cuz I can't find anything about necessary account merge on wow-europe.com or EU forums
    http://eu.battle.net/faq/index.html
    "Q: What happens if I don’t merge my World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account?
    A: After November 12, 2009, you won’t be able to log in to the game unless you merge your account with a Battle.net account. You will need to log in using your Battle.net account username (your email address) and password."

I have merged my battle.net account long time ago, probably nearly as it was released for Europe. I wanted to sign for SC2 beta, and this was required.
    I can't complain about that, really nothing bad about it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    the hackers or the people after ur account have ur email already, cuz well, them fake emails and such (somehow, i actually want to know HOW if u dont give it to anyone, except no wow related things)

lemme merge, but let me login with my old username, that is only for wow.

reason given for why not.
    As far as I can tell, there's no problem about them having your username or not. Last time I checked you need someone's password and not only the login-ID to steal it.

While the hacking issue might not be one of the reasons at all (seeing as the main reason to merge is to get onto Battle.Net), if it is, it's about having an easier way of getting your account back if you GET hacked, rather than avoiding being hacked in the first place.

Blizzard = desperate.

Don't plan to merge my account with battlenet crap ever.
    If it means i can't ever play again, don't really care tbh.

Game gets more boring and worse every day i look at it.

More online fps'ers and xbox 360 for me, methinks

Anyone wana buy 200k gold off me?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Puntar
    :

How you cannot get it?

I DO NOT WANT that my username is actualy my email!

Can you get it now?

On top of that "the most important email char = @" is a bitch to type in.

So that means there are 2 factors. Convenience factor (typing @) and security factor.
    So basically,
    A) You are too lazy to type in one email once and then put it on "remember".
    B) ...uh, what the hell is that thing about "security factor" supposed to even mean...? No, really?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerWithTheLazer
    Uhm haven't searched super hard but just wondering how does it work when you merge mo than one account? since you use the Battle.net account to logg in to WoW how does it know which account to logg in on?
    Not sure if it's been answered already, but if it hasn't:
    It puts up a list of the account names of all accounts you have merged to that email and asks, "which World of Warcraft account do you want to log in to?". Confirmed as I have that list .

I think you can login using the account name instead of email. have not tried this yet though.