Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Non Battle.net Accounts offline on November 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84
    I think you can login using the account name instead of email. have not tried this yet though.
    As much as I tried before - no. It keeps asking me to "log in with associated battle.net account".

Seriously, the penguin looks almost identical to the Kalu'ak one...Whoopedy Doo. Blizz you could have done better than a non unique looking pet. Absolute Fail Blizzard.

Fucking penguin? Another one? Gee, thanks...
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius
    Going abit offtopic here, but:
    Huh.
    As far as I remember from some part of the EULA I actually read, they don't record whispers, right?
    I think it was something like "Blizzard can and will if needed check your chat logs in-game. They will never check your whisper records". Just wondering, since I don't like being confused about facts :P
    See the ToU Section 17, paragraphs C and D (near the end of the page):

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    , and other information about you and your activities: (a) in response to a request by law enforcement, a court order or other legal process; or (b) if Blizzard believes that doing so may protect your safety or the safety of others.

D. BLIZZARD MAY MONITOR, RECORD, REVIEW, MODIFY AND/OR DISCLOSE YOUR CHAT SESSIONS, WHETHER VOICE OR TEXT, WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO SUCH MONITORING, RECORDING, REVIEW, MODIFICATION AND/OR DISCLOSURE. Additionally, you acknowledge that Blizzard is under no obligation to monitor Chat, and you engage in Chat at your own risk.
    Does not limit whisper out.

:edit: link

People that complain about pets are the people that still play POKEMON. Amirite? WAIT...Pokemon are far more useful...

I notice there is actually quite a higher number of people in this thread who say they're quitting because of this.

Now just on this thread alone it has been more than 2%, but let's just say 2% quit because of this, that's a tens of thousands of subscription paying people they will lose.

Surely there has to be a better way of just making it optional, where by if you don't merge them you don't get any of the features?

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyM
    People that complain about pets are the people that still play POKEMON. Amirite? WAIT...Pokemon are far more useful...
    Pokemon is also fun. Fun is a kind of indescribable feeling of enjoyment, something most people had when they decided to play WoW and/or post on forums, fyi.

Chilly ftw.

Edit: About Battlenet account mergers. Do people honestly think the game is going to break (aside from the usual breaking) because of this crap? Don't people remember Big Blue beta testing this about a year ago with the Wrath beta, some of us going "Oh hey, new account shinies"? Or did the needless QQ of paladins becoming good okay something else different overshadow that?
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Well i never transferred even do i got plenty of people telling me i should have... guess i'll have no choice... when do i get the penguin because if people who did this before a certain date arent eligible i'll wait some more lol

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    why blizzard, 99% of wow players dont want to merge, me being one, its pointless
    Yeah, then cancel, one less whiner is always good.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    Seriously, the penguin looks almost identical to the Kalu'ak one...Whoopedy Doo. Blizz you could have done better than a non unique looking pet. Absolute Fail Blizzard.

Fucking penguin? Another one? Gee, thanks...
    You get something for free and yet find a reason to whine about it. Wow. Some people are gigantic asshats.

So funny how people are against any changes that they don't feel necessary even if they are. That is not exclusive to WoW world but everything, everywhere.

Hopefully forcing BN accounts means that SC2 beta along with BN 2.0 beta is coming soon™. For those living under rock and asking "why we need BN 2.0?". Well for example it will make possible to whisper in-game your friends on other realms and even other Blizzard games.

Deleted

bah....pengu was the only pet I liked BECAUSE of the evil red eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    You get something for free and yet find a reason to whine about it. Wow. Some people are gigantic asshats.
    If they don't like it they can still simply drag it out of their inventory and enter DELETE. Done.

Best thing I read here so far was something along "Boohoo, whats the point in giving a special pet to everyone..then it's not special anymore." Why do *you* call it special then in the first place? Blizzard never mentioned "you're going to receive the special ultra unique and rare penguin pet." They give out a pet to everyone. Just like ony whelp on birthday. I bet you're one of these people who complain about presents "uh.. no I wanted the green mega ranger, leave my home and never come back again I hate you and I'm going to kill you and your whole family just because you gave me the red instead of the green mega ranger!"
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I didnt knowed parrots live in north pole o.O

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

To all those whining about everyone in game getting the pet:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=61855

The penguin pet coming to us with the battle.net linking happens to coincide with their 5th anniversary.

It's a free pet for everyone from Blizzard to say thanks for playing.
    Same as last year, we all got a free pet just for logging in!

The only thing I am slightly annoyed with is Pengu's eyes no longer being red
    The new pet looks too similar and the red eyes on Pengu would have really set him apart.

Other than that I have no problems with everyone getting the pet. After all it is an anniversary present for their customers!

As for the battle.net merging being mandatory? It's about time.
    If you're worried about security, buy an authenticator. They only work on battle.net linked accounts and they cost bugger all.
    And for peace of mind on your account there really isn't much better you can do, short of never visiting any web-sites ever again.

EU Authenticators- http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=221003132
    US Authenticators- http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000622 &
    http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000623

Quote Originally Posted by Puntar
    On top of that "the most important email char = @" is a bitch to type in.
    u kidn me

Also, there are still people who type in their account name? hahaha
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    Actually they said this a long time ago, and it's in the "agreement"you click yes to when installing LichKing.

So shouldn't you be impersonating something else?
    Way to get trolled there
    Random IRC ramblings:
    <Bibi-> you can call me Arthas and I'll play with your Frostmourne
    <FlyOnZeWall> at the point where mouth touches dick, I feel it's safe to say nobody gives a flying fuck about balls

When will we be able to get the pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    Was planning to merge a while ago. Did not do this, because I then had to log in with my e-mail. I think that sucks.
    What are you smoking?
    My account is merged and I dont need to log in with my email..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    This is the main topic of the news guys.
    Why the heck are you discussing this pointless to Merge or not to Merge?
    Just merge and be happy. And save your QQ for the Red Pengu Eyes!
    No shit, they are distracting us with the whole merge thing, which I have already done. I was the first person to mention pengu on this thread, and I read and read and found nothing else about him till I came to this post.

WTF @ Pengu's eyes, guys!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Why oh why all the complaining?

- "Why ?? It's useless!"
    Prob because this is needed for the new Battle.net system that allows you to talk to players in other Blizzard games.

- "I don't want to use my e-mail everyone I know will know my account name!"
    Then create a new e-mail adress. I play on an e-mail adress made just for this.

- "But my e-mail as account name would be soo long and it wil lhave symbols in it."
    Theres a 'save account name' option for a reason.

- "This is stupid!"
    Get over it...

There simply is nothing bad about this, it just requires a bit of work and I guess that is why you get a pingu in return.