Thread: 4pc T10 Holy

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4pc T10 Holy

Why the hell do they give us .3 seconds off on cast time? I don't understand it...Right now I'm 4pc 245 Triumph with mostly 245/258 gear. My guild is 4/5 ToGC and I am already past the point of being soft capped on haste. My Holy Lights are around 1.1 ~ 1.2 cast time. Depending on a few gear changed on certain fights. There a reason as to why I need to be below the 1 sec GCD? FFS Blizzard...stop overloading Pally's with haste if you're going to give us haste buffs on our tier pieces or just give us GOOD set bonuses for once.

Re: 4pc T10 Holy

i have 628 haste and with full 25 raid buffs and judgements my hl is around 1.3. i could be wrong, but i'm guessing you are over the haste cap to hit 1.1.

but the t10 is horrible, but i guess not worthless.

the 2 piece change is awesome, gives us another bonus to macro to dp.

Quote Originally Posted by hmg00s3
    ...I am already past the point of being soft capped on haste.
    I would post my armory but I'm in PvP gear atm.

edit:

posting my armory of my "normal" gear on most fights:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...huzad&n=Mizzou

with a few piece changes on certain fights I get up to about 680+ haste

It's actually much worse than .3 seconds off Holy Light. The -0.3 seconds is before haste is calculated resulting in the set bonus being closer to -0.18/-0.2

Even if the set bonus was a full .3 seconds off, HS->HL is still an HPS loss over just going HL->HL.

^this.

like i said, i use like 4hs per fight, if that.

My Holy Lights are around 1.1 ~ 1.2 cast time.
    No they are not. I have more haste than you and mine aren't even that low. Check your maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau
    It's actually much worse than .3 seconds off Holy Light. The -0.3 seconds is before haste is calculated resulting in the set bonus being closer to -0.18/-0.2
    Given that the set's not even out to be tested yet, I question your knowledge of how it will work.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

i get a laugh when pallies have 600 haste and say they have 1.2 second hl.

no u dont. i had like 720 haste at one time, and still don't think it was sub 1.3, if it was, not by much,

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau

Even if the set bonus was a full .3 seconds off, HS->HL is still an HPS loss over just going HL->HL.
    I think the mechanic is based around the need for an instant heal right off the bat, and not an increase in HPS. You'll have 0 HPS if your target dies before that holy light goes off. Example: Someone's gonna die, so you let off a holy shock, but wait, they're still being attacked, and that holy shock didn't heal them enough to take more than a couple hits; looks like a job for Holy Light with lowered casting time!

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to save people who were hovering on the brink of death and even a marginally faster holy light would have done it (this happens a ton during Heroic 10/25-ToC during the pvp battle). I think the new T10 bonuses are spot-on.

I do not understand why people are worried about HPS. Damn, HPS by itself is useless. A bonus that only increases your HPS will only help your overhealing, while a bonus that allows you fast and precise heals could save someone's life.

We already have a high HPS, what we need is healing that can be used in moviment and mana regen (moar).

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    No they are not. I have more haste than you and mine aren't even that low. Check your maths.
    Are you talking about unbuffed? Because I'm talking about 25m raid buffed...boomkin aura, wrath of air, etc.. And I told you that was my normal gear for most fights. I have a few more pieces of haste gear for times when I need to cast a lot and the fights are shorter.

Are you talking about unbuffed? Because I'm talking about 25m raid buffed...boomkin aura, wrath of air, etc.. And I told you that was my normal gear for most fights. I have a few more pieces of haste gear for times when I need to cast a lot and the fights are shorter.
    im pretty sure he was talking period. As in your holy lights arent 1.1 seconds period.

And in reference to the .3 seconds off im gonna have to agree with the other guy and say its factored before haste (Like every other spell/ability/proc in this fashion), if not then it will surely be part of the minority. But untill then im gonna say the 4 piece is retarded and ill be happy picking up the 2set and filling the rest of my gear with offset pieces from hard mode that are better anyway.

full raid buffs or no, you don't have 1.1 second hl.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffidfun
    im pretty sure he was talking period. As in your holy lights arent 1.1 seconds period.

And in reference to the .3 seconds off im gonna have to agree with the other guy and say its factored before haste (Like every other spell/ability/proc in this fashion), if not then it will surely be part of the minority. But untill then im gonna say the 4 piece is retarded and ill be happy picking up the 2set and filling the rest of my gear with offset pieces from hard mode that are better anyway.
    This.

We will get shafted with this set bonus the same way we get shafted with Light's Grace. The more haste you have, the less benefit you get (in time, not %).

My normal Holy light is 2.23, 1.79 with light's grace. 1.94 with Judgements of the pure and 1.55 with light's grace/JotP.

Basically what this is telling me is that Light's grace is applied first, followed by haste. I'd be willing to wager that the 4pc t10 is going to be the same way. I'm not going down to 1.25 HLs.

At this point I'm considering dropping Judgements of the Pure as it's a .25 second difference.

Haste and anything that reduces cast time by % stacks up multiplicatively.

Any effect, such as Light's Grace, that gives you a static ammount will give you that ammount. It's set in stone, there's no hidden math.

Light's Grace + 4pc T10 = .8 seconds off -period-

Then all the haste + % cast time effect (wrath of air) come in all at one, multiplied with one another.

Also, why do people always freak out before even waiting for full details to be revealed? How do you know the IC gear will be stacked up with that much haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Advnt
    Haste and anything that reduces cast time by % stacks up multiplicatively.

Any effect, such as Light's Grace, that gives you a static ammount will give you that ammount. It's set in stone, there's no hidden math.

Light's Grace + 4pc T10 = .8 seconds off -period-

Then all the haste + % cast time effect (wrath of air) come in all at one, multiplied with one another.

Also, why do people always freak out before even waiting for full details to be revealed? How do you know the IC gear will be stacked up with that much haste?
    Because blizzard is dum and tend to trend towards it?

I wouldn't make assumptions without knowing how the proc works first. This could be just like the originally Infusion of Light where it ignored the cap and could take you under 1 second...otherwise it will be pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002
    Because blizzard is dum and tend to trend towards it?
    Haste is an exceptional healing stat, it allows you to get your heal off in burst damage situations while still boosting HPS, so trending towards it isn't dumb in the least.

Also, not sure if anyone has noticed but since Ulduar there's actually 2 pieces of healing plate for almost every slot, 1 of which doesn't have haste. It's not impossible to work around.

The set bonus is more of an extra "Oh Shit" combo.. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    I wouldn't make assumptions without knowing how the proc works first. This could be just like the originally Infusion of Light where it ignored the cap and could take you under 1 second...otherwise it will be pretty useless.
    There is no cap to how fast your heal can cast. The cap you're thinkin of applies to the global cooldown, which Infusion of Light and Light's Grace do not effect. Haste continues to work on your cast time beyond 1 second, but it stops lowering the global cooldown at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Advnt
    Haste is an exceptional healing stat, it allows you to get your heal off in burst damage situations while still boosting HPS, so trending towards it isn't dumb in the least.

Also, not sure if anyone has noticed but since Ulduar there's actually 2 pieces of healing plate for almost every slot, 1 of which doesn't have haste. It's not impossible to work around.

The set bonus is more of an extra "Oh Shit" combo.. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I should've clarified what I meant. Blizzard tends to trend toward stacking a stat when they come up with a new "shiny" one to use. They start loading it up on everything until there is an overabundance of it.