Thread: 4pc T10 Holy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: 4pc T10 Holy

Quote Originally Posted by hmg00s3
    Why the hell do they give us .3 seconds off on cast time? I don't understand it...Right now I'm 4pc 245 Triumph with mostly 245/258 gear. My guild is 4/5 ToGC and I am already past the point of being soft capped on haste. My Holy Lights are around 1.1 ~ 1.2 cast time. Depending on a few gear changed on certain fights. There a reason as to why I need to be below the 1 sec GCD? FFS Blizzard...stop overloading Pally's with haste if you're going to give us haste buffs on our tier pieces or just give us GOOD set bonuses for once.
    Maybe so that you dont have to gear for haste? But then again its only one cast right?

Holy paladins are never gonna get set bonus love without it being OP, or just alright.

WTB an additional .2second reduction on lights grace for 4pc!

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    i get a laugh when pallies have 600 haste and say they have 1.2 second hl.

no u dont. i had like 720 haste at one time, and still don't think it was sub 1.3, if it was, not by much,

i think they meant for BLOOD LUST!!

LOL

i don't why you guys don't like the set bonus i pretty much like it.

when the tanks' hp get pretty low, there is no way you can sit there and cast. you k now your heals are not gonna reach him just in time.

mostkly you will do
    1) lay on hands
    2) divine favor+ holy shock + tier 10 4 sets bonus. it's almost gonna be a one second holy light cast. i think it's better than holy shock crit+ flash light

if i am not remebered it wrong, the old holy shock crit can make your flash light instant heal and holy light 1 second cast, which is very much overpower.
    and blizzard changed it to increase the holy light crit by 20% because it is too op.

but now you don't even need holy shock crit in order to get that, why people not happy about it.

Why would you waste the extra global if you're in that much trouble? Granted, I've probably done it myself a number of times, but it seems contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by holii
    i don't why you guys don't like the set bonus i pretty much like it.

when the tanks' hp get pretty low, there is no way you can sit there and cast. you k now your heals are not gonna reach him just in time.

mostkly you will do
    1) lay on hands
    2) divine favor+ holy shock + tier 10 4 sets bonus. it's almost gonna be a one second holy light cast. i think it's better than holy shock crit+ flash light
    You can lay on hands, or hopefully you have other healers in the raid also healing until yours hits a whopping 1.3s later, to top him off.

Holy shock is more a movement thing, and this will be really nice for spot heals on the tank while running out of fire, etc. Not a great bonus, but not useless by any stretch.

Compare:
    Preist
    • 2 piece bonus - Your Flash Heal critical strikes cause the target to heal for 25% of the healed amount over 9 sec.
    • 4 piece bonus - Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells.

to

Pally
    • 2 piece bonus - While your Divine Illumination talent is active, your healing spells are increased by 35%.
    • 4 Piece bonus - Your Holy Shock spell causes the next Holy Light you cast within 10 sec to have 0.3 sec reduced cast time.

IMO, we got shafted...
    Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    Just because you are doing it wrong without large scale failure does not mean you are doing it right.

Sorry I've been busy the past week and haven't had time to check the forums...but to all of you yelling at me that I'm lying about my cast time, I don't really know what to say to you. My cast time is 1.24 seconds w/ full buffs. I said about 1.1 ~ 1.2...like I'm sorry that I was off by .4 seconds, really...going completely beyond my point of this topic. And for the guy who said you don't know what gear is going to be like...Naxx I had about 400 haste, in Ulduar I had about 550 haste, now I'm struggling to stay around 650 haste w/o overloading myself. I like to keep my FoL ~ 1 sec. And as far as divine favor holy light...eh...I'd rather divine favor holy shock for ~12k and then FoL on my SS target for an op HoT that ticks for ~2.2k on crit w/ 4pc.

My recommendation for a 4pc:
    While Divine Plea is active, your healing is now only reduced by 40%
    -> This is something simple without being OP, I realize that some FoL builders wouldn't prolly like this but for the general pop of int stackers which imo is most of the Pally Healers, DP is used on c/d.
    Or even something like priest t9 where they got 250 SP by shielding someone...

Quote Originally Posted by hmg00s3
    Sorry I've been busy the past week and haven't had time to check the forums...but to all of you yelling at me that I'm lying about my cast time, I don't really know what to say to you. My cast time is 1.24 seconds w/ full buffs. I said about 1.1 ~ 1.2...like I'm sorry that I was off by .4 seconds, really...going completely beyond my point of this topic. And for the guy who said you don't know what gear is going to be like...Naxx I had about 400 haste, in Ulduar I had about 550 haste, now I'm struggling to stay around 650 haste w/o overloading myself. I like to keep my FoL ~ 1 sec. And as far as divine favor holy light...eh...I'd rather divine favor holy shock for ~12k and then FoL on my SS target for an op HoT that ticks for ~2.2k on crit w/ 4pc.
    Sorry friend, but that just is not possible. I have over 730 haste(I'd link you my armory but I logged out in my pvp ret gear) and with all raid buffs(Wrath of Air, Swift Retribution, JotP active and Light's grace up) my Holy Light cast time is 1.31 seconds. I checked it just last night.

And yes, being off .4 seconds on a 1.3 second cast time IS a big thing, considering we're talking about a set bonus of that grants you .3 seconds off of the cast, so people were correct in pointing that out. We're not calling you a liar, we're just saying you're mistaken. Maybe you have a haste proc trinket and you're looking at your cast time while that's active? I don't know, but you are most definitely wrong about your cast time if you have less than 700 haste.

This is a strange set bonus. Especially for the best tier set in the game, and especially compared to the T9 set bonus, which blows T10 out of the water and caters more to Blizzard's stated philosophy of moving us away from Holy Light a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketSaturos
    Compare:
    Preist
    • 2 piece bonus - Your Flash Heal critical strikes cause the target to heal for 25% of the healed amount over 9 sec.
    • 4 piece bonus - Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells.

to

Pally
    • 2 piece bonus - While your Divine Illumination talent is active, your healing spells are increased by 35%.
    • 4 Piece bonus - Your Holy Shock spell causes the next Holy Light you cast within 10 sec to have 0.3 sec reduced cast time.

IMO, we got shafted...
    The Healing Bonus on the Pally 2 piece is nice. It is made better by the fact that Divine Illum is a buff, and while it is active, everything is better. The Priest Flash heal two piece is nice, but they do not sit there spam healing it that often, so I think it would bel ess useful than a Divine Illum buff where ALL spells get boosted.

The four piece; again Priest do not use Flash hael a lot, but I can see them using it for that. However a Pally DOES use Holy shock a lot (unless I have missed something) and a reduced cast time on a heal that heals like that would not be bad.

I am not saying who got it better, I realyl do not care. But I am saying that neither is much better than the other if one is. I like how those bonuses look.

People seem to complain about everything these days =/..
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Advnt

Also, why do people always freak out before even waiting for full details to be revealed? How do you know the IC gear will be stacked up with that much haste?
    We have three stats. Haste, crit, mp5.

In toc there were Most crit/mp5 items, nearly same amount of crit haste items, very limited amount of haste/mp5 items.

They would have to make nearly all gear mp5/crit to avoid holy paladins having a LOT of haste. And still, even with that, single piece of chect will propably give you 100+ haste rating so hitting 675 would be easy that like that.. I mean the illvs will be so big that we will all have a LOADS of stats in average gear, thus ilvl 264. We will have really a lot of regen mana, really lot of regen stats - unless they nerf crit manaback to 10% from 30%, getting HLs faster, thus stacking haste, will be fun.