Page 1 of 3
LastLast

holy paladin mp5

hey guys,

Just wondering what I should be aiming for as a holy paladin in terms of mp5.

As of right now (unbuffed), I'm at 232 mp5 not casting, 120 while casting. I have a few pieces of gear where I'd be gaining mp5 but losing haste, and my haste is only at 479. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: holy paladin mp5

as a whole, i don't "look" at my mp5. You get more mp5 in raid from having a crapton of int. DP, replenishment. so on.

Don't "try" and stack mp5, but if it's on gear, it's not garabage. i figured minus the throughput you get from the extra healing (which isn't that much at 33% over 31% crit). 14mp5 = 1% crit for regen during the largest mana drain possible (1.3 second hl spams without cooldowns). so, if u have a gear piece the all the same stats, but one has 25mp5, and one has 42 crit rating, the mp5 piece is best. mp5 from crit only goes down the less hl you spam. mp5 from mp5 always stays the same.

but again, large mana pool = more replen, more mana tide, more divine plea mana so mp5 from gear isn't something you need to worry about stacking.

10+ Year Old Account

The MP5 reflected in my signature is off by at least 80 or so, but I generally do not have a problem with my mana regeneration during intense healing fights. An easy way to manage mana back is to use Avenging Wrath while Divine Plea is up. I do this a lot, and sometimes when I am in a tight spot I'll pop Divine Illumination. Like I said; situational.

Generally you should be worrying about mana pool and crit. And ONE thing I want some of you paladins to know is to look at your crit. When you look at your crit under the SPELL bar, curse over it to bring up your spell crit on different kinds of spells. We can only do HOLY, so your crit will be naturally higher than the regular reflected one.

I know some of you guys didn't know that. Just some. :-X

tbh i feel like having a huge manapool and shitloads of crit give me enough mana back through replenishment etc so just go for crit/haste and then shitloads of intellect

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    as a whole, i don't "look" at my mp5. You get more mp5 in raid from having a crapton of int. DP, replenishment. so on.

Don't "try" and stack mp5, but if it's on gear, it's not garabage. i figured minus the throughput you get from the extra healing (which isn't that much at 33% over 31% crit). 14mp5 = 1% crit for regen during the largest mana drain possible (1.3 second hl spams without cooldowns). so, if u have a gear piece the all the same stats, but one has 25mp5, and one has 42 crit rating, the mp5 piece is best. mp5 from crit only goes down the less hl you spam. mp5 from mp5 always stays the same.

but again, large mana pool = more replen, more mana tide, more divine plea mana so mp5 from gear isn't something you need to worry about stacking.
    ^ This
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

In terms of Mp5 only grab any that come with gear basically, staking it is not gonna do much when compared to other valuable stats.
    As for your haste try to get it up to 656 which is the soft cap (20.00%) and with Totem and Judgment you will be at 1sec FoL casting.
    When checking at a piece of gear always go for Haste > Crit > Mp5. (Note: Gear with crit + mp5 is fail, unless you meet the above haste or are close to it).

656 haste, 2.3k-2.5ksp and 28k-30k mana, all unbuffed should set you for ANY fight.
    Hope this was helpful

Actually MP5 is very good and posting more blind, all we can press is holy light isnt that accurate. I have 36k mana and still go oom or very close on certain fights from just spamming holy light. Some fights need HL spam but a lot dont Gomok hits like a truck in both heroic and normal 25 man and HL is safer imo but Jaraxus for example hits like a wet paper bag so HL spam is overkill ( in mt terms ). The holy pala from the no1 us guild stacks sp haste and mp5 with a pool of 22k or so ub compared to int stackings 30k+ so it depends what your healing and at what level of raiding. Gneral rule of thumb, if you dont go OOM why do you need more int/mp5 start stacking haste/sp for more output.

Quote Originally Posted by Reprieve
    Actually MP5 is very good and posting more blind, all we can press is holy light isnt that accurate. I have 36k mana and still go oom or very close on certain fights from just spamming holy light. Some fights need HL spam but a lot dont Gomok hits like a truck in both heroic and normal 25 man and HL is safer imo but Jaraxus for example hits like a wet paper bag so HL spam is overkill ( in mt terms ). The holy pala from the no1 us guild stacks sp haste and mp5 with a pool of 22k or so ub compared to int stackings 30k+ so it depends what your healing and at what level of raiding. Gneral rule of thumb, if you dont go OOM why do you need more int/mp5 start stacking haste/sp for more output.
    He's right, finally a paladin that admits running out of mana at certain fight. I myself have 35k buffed and trust me I draw the line VERY thin if not go oom at the end of every fight. Anyways, Haste gear usually (if not always) come with mp5 so there is that you need. Worry about crit replenishments? Use sacred shield on the tank and throw a few FoL whenever allowed. But like Reprieve said, some fight are HL spam some are spot healing the raid, etc.
    Don't EVER listen to paladin that says "HL spam and I never run out of mana lol" cause they are either lying or not healing enough. 8)

you want a fight you are going to go oom on... 25 man heroic anub!!!! I have 38.2k mana buffed and as we are nearing 10% my low mana alarm is going off, it is set to alert me at 30% mana. So in 20% of anub's hp, I have blown through 70% of my mana pool (we blown mana regen cds as we are nearing 30% so healers are at full mana when he hits 30%) and getting him under 10% does not make it any easier seeing as that fight starts at 30%. Basically I have to spam HL for that 3 minutes and I am popping everything to get each last heal out I can and have heard so many times my mana is low and have to spam FoL and pray I will regen enough to go back to HL before my tanks die.

Quote Originally Posted by Macbrea
    you want a fight you are going to go oom on... 25 man heroic anub!!!! I have 38.2k mana buffed and as we are nearing 10% my low mana alarm is going off, it is set to alert me at 30% mana. So in 20% of anub's hp, I have blown through 70% of my mana pool (we blown mana regen cds as we are nearing 30% so healers are at full mana when he hits 30%) and getting him under 10% does not make it any easier seeing as that fight starts at 30%. Basically I have to spam HL for that 3 minutes and I am popping everything to get each last heal out I can and have heard so many times my mana is low and have to spam FoL and pray I will regen enough to go back to HL before my tanks die.
    I feel your pain, I run at 41.6K mana in raid and last night on Anub I was blasting through mana like it was unlimited.
    We're close, we have him down to 12%, and my power auras throws this huge mana alarm at me. It's actually the only fight i even have an issue on. Normally I am the only holy pally in raid but for this fight out prot pally is respec'd holy with a somewhat decent holy set. I would have to say thats the most intense healing i've had to do in a long long time. I actually would like to be able to swap out some Int for SP, but with the rate I am burning mana I am not sure I will be able to pull it off without maybe a second equaly geared holy pally standing next to me. Suggestions?

Armory link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Deathwarrant

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Deathwarrant

My guild is in exactly the same position. No Anub kill yet, but getting very close. My guess is this week we'll have it.

I'm not sure what strat you're using, but I'm in a similar role where P3 is a crazy mana drain for me. I did two things to increase my longevity here. First off, I started weaving a few FoLs into my HL spam in this phase. More or less, for every two HLs, I cast one FoL. It is a little bit of a liability, but you can learn when it's okay. If you just topped off the tank and there's no Frozen Slash incoming, a FoL does just fine.

The other thing that has helped immensely is two Innervates that are reserved for me alone on this phase (I made macros so I can whisper the request when I'm in need). The other healers in the raid are not using much mana and your Feral Druid(s) probably aren't even using them - so it wasn't a hard convincing to do. Especially given the fact that if I oom - we wipe.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Yes we have 3 druids in the group that have they're reserved for me. I also have 2 resto shammies in my group for tide if needed. We have not wiped due to me being oom, we're dealing with the pen cold dot right now. Although I can tell you I would be oom if I didn't have that being reserved for me. I am mostly trying to figure out a sort of buffer if you will that might help incase a druid might be dead or had to use it for another healer that had to be BRez'd.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Deathwarrant

Quote Originally Posted by reikoku
    hey guys,

Just wondering what I should be aiming for as a holy paladin in terms of mp5.

As of right now (unbuffed), I'm at 232 mp5 not casting, 120 while casting. I have a few pieces of gear where I'd be gaining mp5 but losing haste, and my haste is only at 479. Any ideas?

Thanks
    the only thing you need to know is "stack int"

if you don't know which item is better, check the int....the more the better.

that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by lyraorpheus
    the only thing you need to know is "stack int"

if you don't know which item is better, check the int....the more the better.

that's it.
    Bad advice. We have other stats of importance besides Int. Int is very important, but basing your upgrades solely off of one stat is just dumb. By your logic, I'd take Heartcrusher over Val'anyr because I can socket it and have more Int.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Bad advice. We have other stats of importance besides Int. Int is very important, but basing your upgrades solely off of one stat is just dumb. By your logic, I'd take Heartcrusher over Val'anyr because I can socket it and have more Int.
    While that's a rather simplistic view, it's not far off at the same time (and you know that).

I have a hard time gemming for anything else now, as my sp (2450 + Pandora's) generally results in stupid amounts of overheal as is.

Since I didn't have a 2nd profession leveled, I went tailoring (had leveled JC), so I have Pandora's, Tears from reg ToC5, and the mana return cloak enchant.

Once I get another healing cloak (using Ulduar25 trash cloak), I'm putting the +SP enchant and getting the SP libram.

At 33k buffed mana, I do run into issues now and again.

I wish I had a better comp so I could do the hard modes, but I have enough problems in regular 25 mans with FPS issues.

People who keep replying * stack int * are ignorant. For a start without armoury links and some more info for all we know this guy could be healing 5 man heroics for which you dont need a mana pool of 30k. Secondly even if he was healing anub HM levels encounters int stacking is not the only way to do it. It also depends on raid setup , innervates you can get mana tides etc etc. People only say stack int because they havnt tried anything else. My urge to debate aside theres really not a lot that can be said without more info.

If the guy is really having to ask what stats he needs it is probably easiest to just say stack int. Once you get into HM then you should have enough know how to decide what stats you need. But since I am guessing he is either trying to do heroics to raid or just started out raiding I would just stick w/ int.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelExodus
    If the guy is really having to ask what stats he needs it is probably easiest to just say stack int. Once you get into HM then you should have enough know how to decide what stats you need. But since I am guessing he is either trying to do heroics to raid or just started out raiding I would just stick w/ int.
    Here's my armory link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...onar&n=Reikoku

Basically, as of right now I'm doing uld 10/TotC 10...and I don't see much more past that. I'd like to be able to effectively heal uld 10 HM and heroic TotC 10, so hopefully that narrows it down some.

People who keep replying * stack int * are ignorant. For a start without armoury links and some more info for all we know this guy could be healing 5 man heroics for which you dont need a mana pool of 30k. Secondly even if he was healing anub HM levels encounters int stacking is not the only way to do it. It also depends on raid setup , innervates you can get mana tides etc etc. People only say stack int because they havnt tried anything else. My urge to debate aside theres really not a lot that can be said without more info.
    sry..i should link my armory first before i say stack int..

armory is not available atm. my character is Eolia on Scilla. thx

i cast FoL when i was lvl 60

i stack crit when i was lvl 70

i stack int when i was 80

i have tried really..

and my title looks like the argent champion.

You know, thats not accurate at all. I myself am very open to some suggestions made by others as far as some different types of gemming if they can provide parses to support it. I am full int stacked, and I am healing HToC25, and Anub is the ONLY place I have encountered an issue where more output might be needed. Yes I have 41K mana pool, and I also am the only holy pally in the raid. On any other fight in current expansion I have more than enough SP and haste that keeping the tanks alive with easy.

If you want to debate the stacking of int then please provide a suggestion for something different and parses and formulas to support it. I have been thinking about some different setups such as very high SP setups and using alot more FoL usage with lower mana pools. Problem is I am not finding the needed information to support changing out 19 gems and risking attempts. Now if I was in a position where I had another geared holy pally I wouldn't even have this problem but currently thats not an option.