Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Not satisfied with my dps...

This is me: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gn=One+for+All

I run U10, Ony10 and ToC10, did 1 ToC25, failed attempts on Ony25 (and only doing U25 for FL) so I'm still trying to get there, I'm in no way on top yet... but it seems on all those raids, I manage to finish in top 3-4 total damage, while my dps is considerably lower that hunters/mages/some dks.

Any of you can give me some pointers, for my gear... like, is the gemming good, and enchants? I check wow-heroes from time to time, I'm currently top of my guild (but I'm gonna be passed soon I know) and I'd like to do even more!

Thanks.

Re: Not satisfied with my dps...

well i dunno about priests to much but...

im pretty sure you dont need 17% hit from gear alone(u get some from talents and Misery)
    your gimping yourself with pure int,crit,spirit gems(also not sure on this)

those are my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    I've actually read all that, went thru shadowpriest.com, I'm just coming here for a complementary help, need advice from a person, not a website. I'm not lazy.

Also, I know I'm overcapped, gear has plenty of hit, there's nothing I can do about it. On the boss dummy, I do ~3.2K dps (with pretty much optimal rotation), I feel I could do more, not sure how.

Deleted

For one thing, every socket + spell power , nothing else but spell power.
    And ur way over hit capped, we only need 300 hit, but from what i can see its comming from only gear so not much u can do about it.

If I were you I'd switch the t9 helmet for the t9 chest and get the helm from emblems. And get +23 SP sockets on all gear but hands and shoulders, where you should have SP/Crit orange gems

Bad gemming, bad trinkets.

For one thing, every socket + spell power , nothing else but spell power.
    That is not entirely true. It's dependant on the socket bonus... and you also need 2 blues for your meta requirements. So if you have a blue socket that gives a bonus of 7 or 9 spellpower, you are better off using a purified dreadstone in that socket because along with the 12 spellpower, you will gain 2 more spellpower from the spirit and 7-9 from the socket, making the loss from not using a red very minor all while achieving the requirements for the meta.

Unless you mean every gem he uses should have just spellpower or spellpower with either Spirit/Hit (depending on the socket bonus).

As previously mentioned, you should be aiming for as much spellpower as possible while maintaining 289 hit about 20-22% crit and 350ish haste.
    I've seen you have some pure intellect gems socketed, remove them asap. Go all out for spellpower while making sure you have 2 blue sockets for your meta gem and only using Purified Dreadstones (12 sp/10 spirit) or Potent Ametrine (12sp/10 crit) if your socket bonus is 7 spellpower or more.

Now, I have trouble believing you're doing 3.2k DPS on a heroic target dummy which is clean of buffs with the spellpower and hit you have.
    There are a few upgrades easily obtainable such as the T8.5 helm which is insanely good compared to your helm considering your hit.

Make it your number one priority to get your T8.5 helm as it will really help you, the T8 2-piece isn't too bad itself either.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG
    I've actually read all that, went thru shadowpriest.com, I'm just coming here for a complementary help, need advice from a person, not a website. I'm not lazy.
    People aren't going to be able to help if you've already done the research which tells you all the silly mistakes and yet you still need advice from a person. Most people here are going to advise you based on those sources. Hell, you could have posted this inside the sticky thread here instead of a new topic. That's what it's for after all. Why is it different to see a person tell you not to gem Spirit/Int over spell power, or come here asking for advice when you know you're 5% over the hit cap?

People are jerks (See banhammer above). If there is some problem, they're going to see those silly mistakes and tell you all about them. That's what they should do though, we have no clue if there's any other problem when there are so many basic gearing problems in the way already.

Also in reading those resources you should have seen that dummy tests are not a good basis to check your DPS. You haven't fixed simple gearing errors. You're trying to gauge your DPS with a bad test. How is anyone supposed to help?

You are a spriest, you aren't supposed to pewpew as good as the mages and other high dps people. Sad but true for some of us classes. =/
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

If you've read that stuff you'd know:

Your gems and chants are awful. 18 spirit to boots? 20 spirit in your belt in a prismatic socket? 2x20 int gems? All very very bad choices.

And yes, you're over hit cap by a lot, so even that "nice" badge wand is contributing pretty poorly to your overall stats.

I run U10, Ony10 and ToC10, did 1 ToC25, failed attempts on Ony25 (and only doing U25 for FL) so I'm still trying to get there, I'm in no way on top yet...
    And you never will be. Sorry to rain on your parade but the gap between you and the Mages, Warlocks, Hunters, DKs, Rogues etc will only get larger as they acquire more gear.

Two reasons for that.

#1) Blizzards flawed design of "pures vs hybrids"
    #2) Shadow Priest scaling still sucks. You'll gain a couple hundred DPS while the Warlock next to you gains a thousand.

Moral of the story is that there is no "yet" as you well never been on top of the meters. You won't even be in the top 5/10 once the other DPS gear up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Spriest do extremely well in most fight and even better in situational fights such as yogg when theres multiple adds up, just dot everything up. For the Spriest posting just proves blizzards carebear mentality people just get gear dont know what there doing and expect high numbers because they saw someone else who knows what there doing, getting #1. Not to be a dick but who gave you the bright idea to use int gems that's just sad if I ever saw you I would point in laugh. The posts above saying to read and do your homework on the elitistsjerks proves your lazy because you dont want to take the time to read or learn your class instead you come here looking for a free ride.

Saying that Shadow does extremely well is very misleading. In ToC Shadow is dead last overall, even when looking at the best Shadow Priests in the world. Shadow is farther under the average than the top classes are over the average. Keep in mind that on average Mages come in 3rd or above, while Shadow comes in 8th or below. The fact is that many classes are able to pull single target damage well in excess of what Shadow can pull multi-dotting. Meanwhile multi-dotting is a very poor way to do damage in most cases.

That said, the OP should be compared to other Shadow Priests, not other classes.. and as such, really needs to do the research. If he has done the research, it's pure laziness to not act on that research.

Ill agree with that.

#1) Blizzards flawed design of "pures vs hybrids
    Ret Paladin = Major flaw.

Ret isn't really a problem. One of the lower DPS still, but a lot better than they used to be. They should be the role model for Shadow, really. There's no reason for Ret to be ~5.7 and Shadow to be ~8.5. It's kind of ridiculous how bad Shadow is right now.

Thanks for the positive input guys. I do have the 2xT8 + 2xT9 option, it's just that I just got the fourth T9, and I wanted to try it out... that's why the hit cap explodes (I either was to take the head or chest, one has hit, the other has none, I chose to go over hit cap instead of under hit cap). Maybe using the 4 T9 isn't quite good, until I get the chest and lower my hit to ~300 as I currently have with 2xT8 + 2xT9.

I will regem, I don't know why I felt I had to increase my int, this is stupid of me, I know spl dmg would have been "better", just not entirely convinced.

thx

Also, I know I'm overcapped, gear has plenty of hit, there's nothing I can do about it. On the boss dummy, I do ~3.2K dps (with pretty much optimal rotation), I feel I could do more, not sure how.
    If you did read all that then you'd know where to start or you'd have some sort of specific question not... my dps sucks, why? Did you analyse your combat logs? Have you done DPS training on a dummy and analysed your MB cast rate and dot uptime using recount? Have you evaluated your gear and ensured you've used the correct gems to achieve the highest possible PP? Have you created a spreadsheet and organised a gear plan for gear you can get access to?

I bet the answer to all of those questions is no... perhaps go do that and if you're having a specific problem then ask that specific question.