Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...

Re: *Elemental Shaman FAQ (3.3)*

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov
    I agree, Convection is rather pointless. I go with 3 on Elemental warding and 2 on improved ghost wolf. Improved fire nova is really useful on trash only (and anub HC) but wolf is pretty cool on sindragosa and allows you to kite a beast on saurfang HC if something goes terribly wrong. I used the 2 points on earth's grasp to make the soaking on LK HC easyer too. Pretty much if you have 26k+ mana unbuffed you can't run oom on a boss, unless you die.
    Is the reasoning I have it. 6% is helpful, and if everyone in the raid took 6% less damage it'd be huge. But the likelyhood of 6% saving your life is a lot less than the chances of you dying early on, or soon enough that you will run out of mana before the boss is dead (Unless you can score an innervate of course)

Not rly, a mana pot is all you need. And chain lightning free rotation ofc. You will be surprised how many times 6% can save your life.

Figure I use this thread.

I'm picking up my shaman as my main alt since they seem like alot of fun in cata. But I'm having trouble gearing elemental to be ready for ICC. Atm I'm stuck with this:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Hand&cn=Cexia

My closest priority is getting the frostemblem belt since it seems very nice for elemental. But other then I find it very hard to find decent gear. I'm working on a new trinket (ToC or PoS one). I would like to get my GS up to 5100 atleast without using to much resto gear (I don't like GS but everyone else does and I already use my main char with the guild so I do need PuGs).

I also got my hands on the PoS hc staff from the last boss, is that better to use then the dagger/shield combo I use now?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchos
    Figure I use this thread.

I'm picking up my shaman as my main alt since they seem like alot of fun in cata. But I'm having trouble gearing elemental to be ready for ICC. Atm I'm stuck with this:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...+Hand&cn=Cexia

My closest priority is getting the frostemblem belt since it seems very nice for elemental. But other then I find it very hard to find decent gear. I'm working on a new trinket (ToC or PoS one). I would like to get my GS up to 5100 atleast without using to much resto gear (I don't like GS but everyone else does and I already use my main char with the guild so I do need PuGs).

I also got my hands on the PoS hc staff from the last boss, is that better to use then the dagger/shield combo I use now?
    Yes. Your first mistake here is going to be getting your relic first, because you have room for a lot of upgrades. I'll point out mistakes with your glyphs gemming and talenting first and I'll point you to some easy to reach upgrades later on. First off, aside from some cheap enchants or not enchanted at all, you're using 2 incorrect blue gems. Really the best choice is a glowing cut (Spellpower stam) Techinically the Blue portion of the purple gems is worthless, but under no circumstances is the crit stam cut better, or is the spell pen going to assist you in any way. You have FULL mana regen talents, and have skipped both imp fire nova and elemental warding, both of which are a lot better than where else you spent talents. Glyphwise, drop flame shock for totem of wrath. There's not much to say about it, it's just a better glyph.

You'd be better off getting your tier 10 peices next (Going shoulders helmet chest and pants, assuming you don't get new gloves or pants at any time) For your neck slot, saurfang 10 drops a great one and he is very easy to pug. Shroud of displacement is a cheap BoE cape that would be a huge upgrade, but depending on your servers pugs, vali also drops a good cape. You should DEFINATLEY craft bracers, they are very cheap at this stage of the game (Bejeweled wizard's) and would be a huge upgrade. Better than what you are using would be ToC 25 barb + bastion, normal mode should be pretty easy to pug, as is marrowgar for his shield and TogC 10 for the dagger / mace there. There's a great belt from the LK event in H HoR (There's also an okay offhand from that loot table) Your boots are great compared to everything else, the easiest upgrade being from ToC 25 or LDWhisper 10 man. Your rings are one of your weaker points, assuming you can get at least the reputation ring there's a couple easy options for your other ring slot. You can do KT 25 for a ring, get the kirin tor ring, you can get a ring from gunship 25, or princes 10 man, all of those rings are itemized great, and really not too hard to get your hands on (Remeber thaet you can skip straight to sapph / KT now) Lastly with your trinkets, ANY spellpower trinket is better than both things you are wearing. Sarth 25, Razor 10, Thorim 25, Rotface 25, Sindra 25, Gunship 10, really next to ANYTHING that you can get beside what you are wearing. Also, the ToC reg 5 man trinket is better than both of what you are wearing, as is the trinket from 10 man Maxxena. (Don't forget reign from Anub 25!)

Thanks for the great answear. The enchant/gem-situation I was aware of though.

The cloak I have to pick up and the bracers is next on my list. Think I got some guildies who can make or I can pick up the pattern from AH myself (got a 450tail).

The trinkets never seen to drop for me, guess I have to keep trying. The rep-ring is my first priority when I can get into ICC10. Always expected to have 5100 or so GS for that on my server.

The belt from HoR I've been trying to get but its hard not to get people to dis it.

/bow
    /thank

*edit*
    True, I really gotta adjust my talents. Only good thing about a silly amount of mana/sec is that I can cue as healer and do 2000 dps while healing =)

Just to put note here, I have moved on from WoW but I am watching this currently, and am looking for someone willing to rewrite this when Cataclysm comes out and the raiding scene picks up. I'm glad this guide was able to help a few people, and that I was a part of the best (teehee) class of WoW and the best spec of said class. Elementals keep keeping it awesome and I'll hope to come back one day.

Have fun with WoW all and with life.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stonemaul&n=Dryans
    Dryans - Lightning Bolt Thrower of <Fallen> StonemaulUS

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having trouble breaking 5k dps even in Icc 10/25 man. I'm using the suggested Flame shock, Lava burst, Chain lightning, Lightning bolt x5, Lava burst rotation. Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Morph187 View Post
    I'm having trouble breaking 5k dps even in Icc 10/25 man. I'm using the suggested Flame shock, Lava burst, Chain lightning, Lightning bolt x5, Lava burst rotation. Any Ideas?
    I am running into a similar issue. My DPS is awesome in Heroics and decent in 10man ICC (averaging around 6k DPS) but in 25man ICC there is another elemental shaman pulling 9k DPS the whole time and I am the lowest on the chart pulling around 6k DPS. When I review recount I notice that they cast about 50-60% more lightning bolts than I did. I noticed that the other shaman had the Glyph of Indomitability trinket (hit plus on use haste buff) and I am using Maghia's Misguided Quill (hit plus on use sp buff). According to the equations proposed in this forum raw Spellpower will always be more DPS, so this confused me. My haste unbuffed is around 930. Spellpower is around 3100 unbuffed and about 3650 raid buffed. I know the other shaman is a troll (so the haste racial is helping) versus my Orc racial for some extra spellpower. I am keeping to my rotation but in fights where lots of moving is going on my DPS is real real low and I always chalk it up to having to move and only really having one instant cast to cast on the move (flameshock). I have 2 piece T10 bonus to bring more Elemental Mastery usages per fight but I just can't seem to get higher on the DPS meter. I have had Shamans tell me I need to get my haste to 1200 unbuffed and I have had some Shamans tell me that I need to stop using Totem of Wrath if the other shaman is using it and use searing totem and fire elemental totem in some fights to boost my DPS. Any real assistance would be great, I am starting to lean towards resto spec because I feel like I am letting my raid down by not having higher DPS. I would link my wow armory right not but I am at work and logged off last night in Resto gear. I have a decent Gearscore (5600+) and I feel like I should be pulling around 9-10k DPS in 25man ICC with my raid comp. Let me know if there is anything off the top of your heads that you see I can do to improve my DPS.

- A concerned elemental Shaman

Flame Shock Glyph

I noticed the section on glyphs stating that Flame Shock Glyph surpasses all other Glyphs (I assume Glyphs of Lava and FT Weapon were mean't in that specific line), Im just curious how did you come to this conclusion ? because its been known for quiet some time since the change to it in patch 3.3.3 that Flame Shock Glyph isnt good to elemental shamans anymore and doesnt even come close to Glyphs of Lava and FT Weapon.

Thanks in advance,

10+ Year Old Account
    To the elemental above concerned about the 6 k dps.
    A: In the beginning, though this barely can count, a lot of classes aoe. If youre talking overall we arent the best for solid aoe. Most I do in aoe trash is 10 k. Some can do well over. And if that is entirely off what youre saying then I might add that icc is situational like anything. I wouldnt give up on it, healing isnt as fun imo. I can pull 11 k on a single target outside of fights. More actually. I actually have less sp than you do as well but 10 more haste, so makes little difference. If I pull 8 k in 25 Im pleased, thats my usual, 7 k mainly. But keep in mind that that dot is up sometimes when you arent on that target. mages and other classes with no dots cant be compared. That'll drag you down, I generally wait till its off to stop dps but you cant always so.
    But thats just me liking my dps to stay up. TBH in 25 my dps is usually 1 for a lot of fights in percent. I wouldnt worry about the number if no one else is, and even then, play to have fun over being 'elite'
    And when you dont care it tends to somehow take care of itself apparently for me.

I was thinking about tryin to make a elem one button marco and was wondering if anyone made one before (with the right timing on lava burst coming off cd/flame shock coming off with haste etc)