Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: WoW Battle.net Conversion Coming

Quote Originally Posted by cralor
    Simply "Remember Account Name"
    I also can't be arsed typing it in on other machines. :P

Guess what it really comes down to is going with a short and simple email name dedicated entirely to WoW and only WoW.

Not necessarily - if you get a keylogger/trojan, they'll have your acct name / pwd either way. Otherwise, they first have to know the account name which I suppose they could guess if it's short, but they also need to know your pwd (and mine are pretty badass).

Quote Originally Posted by VileMethoD

Hope it'll come back as a special demon penguin then.

BIIIRRRDSSSS

Deleted

if u merge 2 separate accounts can u play both accounts at the same time on separate computers? dont really wana give my bro total control of an account!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    Solution: Copy and Paste both the e-mail and password. All the keylogger would detect is the CTRL-C and CTRL-V commands :P
    Not really, no, you're just giving them even clearer information. Absolutely everything has access to your clipboard, if you're just going to copy your password then it doesn't even need to record your keystrokes, it already has it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowg
    if u merge 2 separate accounts can u play both accounts at the same time on separate computers? dont really wana give my bro total control of an account!
    Yes. If you merge two accounts into the same battle.net account then you can play them both at the same time on both computes. If you're worried about your brother because of that, why not have a separate battle.net account each?

Merging with Battlenet's the most pointless thing I've done in ages. What are the benefits? I now have to type in a long email for my username.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    If you're worried about your brother because of that, why not have a separate battle.net account each?
    point was i dont trust him enough to be in charge of his own account :P but thanks for the info

Not really, no, you're just giving them even clearer information. Absolutely everything has access to your clipboard, if you're just going to copy your password then it doesn't even need to record your keystrokes, it already has it.
    ^^ That. I wonder where this myth started ... although I am sure it will help against some, it will simply allow for easier collection to the smarter keyloggers and trojans.

Sweet pets ;D

anyone else smells steam here ?

(for those who dont know (if there are any) google steam-valve)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nemesisevil
    Merging with Battlenet's the most pointless thing I've done in ages. What are the benefits? I now have to type in a long email for my username.
    That we know of, since the whole thing is still pretty early:
    • Your account won't be closed on the 11/12th.
    • You can opt-in for Blizzard beta tests.
    • Keep track of CD keys if you have, either now or in the future, multiple Blizzard games.
    • Ability to purchase from the Blizzard store.
    • (Soon) Ability to communicate to people on different factions, of different realms, of different regions, hell of different games.
    • (Soon) Account wide achievements.

Surprisingly few people know about the second point. There's a page on the battle.net account management that lets you opt-in to future Blizzard games, including for World of Warcraft. In short, you can already sign up early for Cataclysm beta tests

Quote Originally Posted by shadowg
    point was i dont trust him enough to be in charge of his own account :P but thanks for the info
    So you dont trust him with his own account? But you trust him with yours? To start with what harm can he do with his own account, that he cant do on yours?

You know having two account bound to the same battle.net account shares the same login and password.

This is why you use a program like KeePass that keeps the password in your clipboard for 12seconds before clearing it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by cralor
    This is why you use a program like KeePass that keeps the password in your clipboard for 12seconds before clearing it.
    The very instant you copy it into your clipboard, everything has access to it. A program like that only stops you accidentally pasting it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by VileMethoD

That is the only reason that I wanted that pet in the first place. I'm glad that I didn't take the time to grind rep and get it, because if I had, I would have been really pissed off right now.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

I think we can all agree the the safest way to avoid being keylogged is to have somebody else play your character while they stream the video to you. Then you can just tell them on the phone what actions you want them to do.

Simple.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    WoW Battle.net Conversion Coming
    Now that's a surprise! European players have to merge on eu.battle.net and US players on us.battle.net.
    Where is your source?
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

anyone know when the people who have already converted will get the pet? they seem kinda vague about dates other than the Nov date of the cutoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last DJ View Post
    Nothing in WoW makes you special, except perhaps for the unique ability to form coherent sentences... So lighten up, sweetcheeks, and stop taking a collection of pixels so seriously. If you want accomplishments or uniqueness that merits more than a half-hearted shrug or confused blinking, go win an Olympic Gold.

Deleted

Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)

In preparation for the launch of these new features, on November 11, 2009, all current World of Warcraft players will be required to merge their World of Warcraft accounts with a Battle.net account in order to log in to the game. As our way to say “thanks” for taking a moment to go through the process, existing World of Warcraft accounts that upgrade to Battle.net (including those that have already switched over) will receive a brand-new penguin in-game pet -- check for him in your in-game mailbox later this week. Starting on November 11, all World of Warcraft players will need to log in to the game using a Battle.net username and password, and anyone who wishes to create a new World of Warcraft account will need to start with a Battle.net account.

Sign-up process is pretty smooth and fast. Logged back on no worries.
    I use an authenticator and a private email address that otherwise people don't know about.
    pwnwear.com on tanking and leadership.